Ch. 17 A Good Hyung

Bonds & Destiny

Bonds and Destiny ch. 17: A Good Hyung

               Sungyeol could feel his eyes burning, and he was beginning to tear up as he stared back at a pair of deep black orbs opposite from him. The child look back at him unblinking from his seat, mouth in a line, and expression stoic. If there was anything annoyingly cute and irritating about Myungsol to Sungyeol, it was the fact that the five years old was an exact duplicate of his father in both looks and personality. Sungyeol eyes twitched a few times, and tears starts to fall from the inner corners of his eyes before his lids starts failing him. He had lost the game.

               "Ok, you lost Eomma. Can I go back to drawing now?" Myungsol said shortly turning away from Sungyeol.

               "Aaiii, baby go easy on me...l..le.. let's try it again, 2 out of 3 pleaseeee." Sungyeol cried out pulling Myungsol towards him and the sofa for another game before the baby could escape back to his drawing easel.

               "But you already lost 4 times Eomma." Myungsol stated innocently disregarding Sungyeol's desperate plea." We had a deal, if you lost we stay home. Appa left me in charge of protecting you while he's gone!"

               "Myunggie ah, Dad doesn't have to know if we only go out for 30 minutes. Please? Eomma is so cooped up in the house."   

               "But...Eomma...Appa said if you work too hard you could get hurt and baby here will be hurt too." Myungsol said with worry in his voice. The child reached his tiny hand out to Sungyeol's small belly bump.

               "I promise I'll be careful, plus Myungsol will be there to take care of Eomma right?" Sungyeol said cunningly rubbing the his child's cheeks.

               "But...hm..." Myungsol stood still as he placed a finger under his chin contemplating the final decision.

               "Pleeease." Sungyeol plead again giving his baby his best smile.

               "...ok...only 30 minutes...Myungsol promised Dad to keep an eye on you and make sure Eomma and baby rest well."

               "Awww thank you baby!" Sungyeol cried out loud in happiness and pulled Myungsol into a tight hug kissing him repeatedly.

               It was sad that Sungyeol had to resort to begging his own child for freedom, but there was no way around it. Myungsoo had put him on a tight watch since his discharged, and had gotten Myungsol to go along with it making Sungyeol the minority of the house. The only way around it was to bribe Myungsoo's little soldier, or sweet talk his way around the five years old. The one thing that Sungyeol had an advantage in was that the Myungs both had a soft spot for him, and Sungyeol like to call it, "like father; like son". Sungyeol had put on a few pounds since he was resting too well lately, and needed to get out of the house desperately. It wasn't as if Myungsoo had him on lock down, but he wanted to go out for some fresh air without being smothered by an overly protective husband.

               "Eomma, have you got your comfortable shoes?" Myungsol asks attentively while Sungyeol sat by the steps putting on his shoes.

               "Yes baby." Sungyeol said smiling softly at Myungsol's attempt in being a temporary stand in for his father while Myungsoo was away at work.

               "What about sweater? The weather says it is cool now, but later temperature will turn a bit chilly." Myungsol reported looking at his weather app on his mini black tablet.

               "Got that." Sungyeol said playing along with his son. The brunette pulled up Myungsol's black hoodie after zipping his own, and planted a kiss on the little boy's head.

               Hand in hand the pair walked down the block towards the business district of town. Sungyeol found himself getting drawn to the window displays from the baby store. Everything was so cute and tiny. It made him remember the time when Myungsoo and him went shopping for baby items just before Myungsol was born, and later when they hear Sungyeol was carrying their second child. Both happy and bitter memories washed over Sungyeol.

               "What's wrong Eomma?" Myungsol called out staring up at Sungyeol.

               "Huh? ...o.oh ...nothing baby...come on lets go." Sungyeol said pulling away from the baby store window.

               "Did you want to buy stuff for Myungsol's dongseng?" Myungsol asked softly.

               "It's still kind of early for that baby." Sungyeol said quietly.

               It wasn't as if he didn't want to buy things for their new baby, but part of Sungyeol was still very afraid. He was very much afraid of going through the disappointment again if anything were to go wrong like it did last time. The moment when he and Myungsoo had to take back all the items to the store was too heartbreaking to bare again.

               "Eomma...can I buy dongseng something then...even if it's early?" Myungsol asks sweetly. Sungyeol could feel his heart vibrated when he look down at his son and saw Myungsol's sincere expression.

               "Of course baby." Sungyeol replied kneeling down and pulling his five years old into a hug. " Your dongseng is so fortunate to have such a caring older brother."

               Myungsol's fumble through the store looking through various baby items and toys. Sungyeol let him run off for a few minutes on his own to look for his gift, and the child returned while a familiar looking white bear in arms.

               "Isn't that..."Sungyeol began.

               "It's exactly like my Mr. Teddy at home Eomma! The one Appa got for you. I want to get this for dongseng!" Myungsol said excitedly standing behind the oversized teddy.

               "Are you sure you want to give your dongseng this? We do have one just like it at home."

               " Emmhmm I do, I want dongseng to not feel lonely when I'm not there, so Mr. Teddy Jr. can take care of him or her for me while I'm at school..." Myungsol reasoned.

               "Hmm okay..." Sungyeol nodded.

               "Now we won't ever have to fight over Mr. Teddy. " Myungsol added as-a-matter-o-factly.

               Sungyeol couldn't help but laugh at his son's actions. The two of them walked around the store some more. The longer they stayed in the store the more Myungsol spazzed over the cute baby items. He was surely excited over his new sibling, and his enthusiasm really allowed Sungyeol to forget the past pain. The longer they stayed in the store, the more Sungyeol's spirit lifted as he watch Myungsol pull one item after the next from the shelf.

               "Eomma Eomma when it's time lets buy dongseng this!" Myungsol pointed at some baby pjs that came in a set of two with teddy bear prints on them. " Orrrr we could just buy it now."

               Sungyeol nodded in agreement at Myungsol's suggestion and grabbed the item from the shelf. One by one their basket was beginning to fill up as Sungyeol let Myungsol take the lead around the store. He found himself smiling softly at Myungsol's excitement, and he could feel it rubbing off on him. The brunette found himself placing some numbers of baby items in the basket as well.

               "Eomma why didn't I get these socks when I was small?" Myungsol questioned pulling up a set of neutral colors socks with a mixture of solid, stripes, and polka dots on them.

               "Aigoo...Myungsol ah why is it that even your taste is like your Appa?" Sungyeol questioned.

               "....But...black and grey are nice colors..." Myungsol stated.

               "ok...but as long as you also find one pink one too." Sungyeol said.

               "hmm see I'm not the only one being biased Eomma...you too." Myungsol made a comment at Sungyeol's choice of color.

               Sungyeol sigh placing the basket on the register. He had to admit they out did themselves with the shopping. At first he didn't really want to think about buying baby items yet, but as he stroll through the store with Myungsol, he found himself loosening up at the young boy's excitement, and he found himself also getting excited as well. He sure hopes that Myungsoo won't be mad when he gets home for shopping without him.

               After they paid for the items Sungyeol and Myungsol walked happily swinging their arms as they walk down the streets. It was still early so Sungyeol figured he could stop by at Woohyun's Cafe to get a small snack for Myungsol and himself.

               When they reach the store they found that the owner wasn't alone. Sungyeol stop awkwardly when he saw the back of someone he didn't want to see.

               "Oh! Hey Sungyeol! What are you doing here?" Woohyun called out waving at him causing the person to turn around at Sungyeol's direction.  

               "Hi Uncle Woohyun!" Myungsol called out to Woohyun, " Hi Uncle Hoya!"

               "Sungyeol..." Hoya said quietly, slowly approaching them. Sungyeol really wanted to turn away and take Myungsol with him, but it was a little too late.

               "Hi Hoya..." Sungyeol waved.

               "I'm so glad to see you..." Hoya said. His voice had a lingering sadness in them, but he meant his words sincerely.

               "Hey why don't you and Myungsol have a seat!" Woohyun said in a friendly manner taking them to a booth as Hoya follows.

               As they sat down Woohyun excused himself into the bar to make them some drinks and snacks leaving the two remaining adults in awkward silence.

               "I really don't want us to be this way Sungyeol." Hoya said finally breaking the silence.

               "No, please stop Hoya...." Sungyeol interrupted.

               "Please! Let...let me continue..." Hoya went on, " ...I feel terrible for what happened...I.. I know I was wrong, and it's probably hard for you to forgive me...but please now I know...that I have been selfish. I was wrong for forcing my own feelings on you and disregarding how you feel, and disregarding your well-being, but I know better now...I give in...Sungyeol...I really give in...If anything...I really treasure our friendship more than anything. So please if you can forgive me."

               "Hoya..." Sungyeol didn't know what to say. He really wasn't mad at Hoya despite everything, but rather he was just distancing himself, and after listening to Hoya's talk he really felt can't help but feel a little bad for his friend. Sungyeol also felt grateful that they could still be friends.

                " Myungsol, please tell your Appa I'm sorry too, for giving him troubles." Hoya said looking to Myungsol.

               "Ok Uncle Hoya I will, but you have to tell him in person too when you see him." Myungsol said.

               "Alright" Hoya nodded in agreement to the child. There was s moment of silence, however the awkwardness subsided. A loud clatter could be heard as Woohyun set down the snacks and drinks on their table.

               "WHO WANTS SNAaaaaaacks!" Woohyun called out his voice ringing in excitement. It was clear that he also noticed his two best friend's problems had been resolved.

               "Yaaay  Uncle Woohyun's food is the best!" Myungsol clapped happily at the plate of food on the table.

               "Wae what about Eomma's food?" Sungyeol pouted pretending to be jealous.

               "Of course Eomma's food is the best too! Eomma works here. Uncle Woohyun's food is same as Eomma's" Myungsol tried to reason.

               "Aiiigo Sungyeol stop giving him a hard time. He'll start squirming like his daddy." Woohyun ordered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               Night has fallen as the Sungyeol and Myungsol made their way home. Both of them each looked worriedly at their watch looking at the time.

               "Looks like our 30 minutes outting turned out to be four hours." Sungyeol sighed. " Appa is going to kill us."

               "Appa will never trust me again!" Myungsol cried out.

               "No no baby, I'll tell him I forced you into it, then we'll make a cute face that he won't be able to get mad at us again." Sungyeol instructed winking at his baby.

               "OK!"

              

               The two entered the house quietly to find Myungsoo sitting on sofa. The older man tapped his foot repeatedly. The moment the door opened he had rushed over to them.

               "Where have you two been? You even forgot to bring your cellphone!" Myungsoo scolded his spouse and child.

               "We're sorry...Yeobo...I just needed some freshair...and we took a stroll." Sungyeol said looking down.

               "Yes, but look Appa we got so many stuff for Dongsaeng!" Myungsol called  out while hugging the bear he got for the new baby. " We're sorry Appa..."

               Myungsoo sighed at the two. He really couldn't be mad when the two of them teamed up and started a pouting session in front of him.

               "Arasso arasso...I'm not mad...just...leave me a note next time ...or call me ok?" The raven haired man said defeatedly pulling Sungyeol and Myungsol into a tight hug and kissing them on the cheeks.

               " You had me worried to death...babe." Myungsoo whispered to Sungyeol. " I don't know what I would do if something happened to the both of you."

               "Oh..yeobo...aren't you exaggerating ...we were just out for a short stroll."

               "Doesn't matter...the moment you're away...I already feel uneasy. I love you so much..." Myungsoo sighed.

               "I love you too Myungsoo." Sungyeol said resting his weigh in Myungsoo's arms.

               "We promise we'll wait for you next time Appa!" Myungsol reassured.

 

     

 

 

UPdate finally. So sorry i made you guys wait so long. Please forgive me.