Ch. 8 The Separation Between Us

Bonds & Destiny

Bonds & Destiny: Ch. 8

 

               On Saturday morning Myungsoo had pack all his equipment, ate some breakfast that Sungyeol had left for him the other day before heading out to pick up Myungsol, but his door bell rang unexpectedly. He opened the door to meet Mrs. Lee. Her expression was unreadable, but she didn't look at him with hateful eyes like he had the other day. Myungsoo bowed at the elder woman stepping aside to let her in.

               "Eommanim, wh..at brings you here?" He said, already dreading what would happen next.

               Sungyeol's mother entered his apartment with a slight frown on her lips as she studied his living space.

               "I'd half expect you'd be doing better, than you had while you were with Sungyeol...but it seems I was right to worry." She said bitterly looking at the rundown conditions of his apartment, and taking a seat on the living room armchair. Myungsoo went towards the kitchen to poor her a glass of water before taking a seat opposite of her. She looked at him with soft eyes before she began her request.

               "Look, Myungsoo...I know I haven't been a supportive mother in law to you before, but if you'd understand I only want what's best for Sungyeol, and my grandson..." She began cautiously, " So I come here, not to scorn you, but to ask a request...Please...let go of Sungyeol."

               Hearing her words made Myungsoo feel like there was a thousand needles stabbing at his heart, but he had no choice but to stay quiet.

               "I won't stop you from seeing your son of course, but...don't you think it's about time you give Sungyeol space, so he can move on....Sungyeol is still young, there is a lot of people who will still be his partner. Don't you think he deserves a better life? My poor son...even after having the first child he hadn't been healthy...and...then...the second...one..., but now because of your situation he has to work as well...don't you think you should back off so he can move one...!? "

               "I'm sorry...Eommanim...I know I screwed up a lot, but even if he meet someone else...Do you think he'll really be happy?" Myunsoo said calmly, but sadness lingered within is voice.

               "YAH! Kim Myungsoo, how dare you even ask that!? AND do YOU think he was happy with YOU!? Coming here has confirmed that, even if you get Sungyeol back nothing will change, you clearly can't provide for him in your dirt poor conditions!" Mrs. Lee scorned eyeing him in anger. Sadly Myungsoo couldn't answer her, indeed he wasn't sure if Sungyeol was happy when he was with him, and if he would be in the future if they gotten back together.

               "Stop being so thick skinned and stubborn, I'm really asking you nicely for the sake of Sungyeol...honestly I've never approved of you. Don't think I don't know how you use to treat him with your harsh words!" She went on. " Well, I'm willing to forgive all of that, if you just let him go, don't cling to him anymore...possibly...just limit your visits to only seeing Myungsol... You know Sungyeol is weak hearted...he would feel too guilty for moving on when you're constantly in the picture...while Myungsol is still young...just let them live comfortably...please...it's my last request as your mother in law."

               "......" Myungsoo couldn't reply to his ex-mother-in-law's word. Even though her words were harsh, he can't deny that part of it is true. It was killing him to know that even if they had gotten back together Sungyeol would probably have to work like he does now, and so does Myungsoo. Perhaps, he would be better off with another person.

               Mrs. Lee got up to take her leave, but before she was out the door she grab a hold of Myungsoo's arm firmly, and he could see what she wanted to say through her expression.

               "Please, think about it Myungsoo-shi."

               "...." Myungsoo couldn't argue with her, and all he could do was nod weakly as the woman leave.

              

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               Sungyeol was looking at the clock impatiently. Part of him was worried what could have happened to Myungsoo, and if he gotten sick again. He was suppose to come to get Myungsol for the weekend, but it's been 2 hours. Myungsol pouting in the corner holding on to his camera, the little boy was prepared to go on his weekend work trips with his father. Seeing the child sit pouting in the corner Sungyeol kneel down at eye level with his baby. Even Sungyeol was sad that Myungsoo wasn't here yet.

               "Sol-ah don't be like that, Dad will come soon. I'm sure he caught in traffic." Sungyeol reassured.

               "Emmhmm..." Myungsol nodded.

               Within seconds the door bell rang causing Myungsol to jump up in excitement. The little boy ran towards the door.

               "DAD!!!" he opened the door with a wide grin, but quickly frowned when he saw a different man at the steps. "Oh...hello...Hoya-ahjusshi..."

               "Hey kiddo!" Hoya greeted cheerfully ruffling the child's hair, and ignoring clear signs of protest from Myungsol. Myungsol was feeling annoyed at the moment to find someone else other than his father there at the moment.

               "Hoya!...What are you doing here?" Sungyeol asked in surprised, and a little bit in discomfort.

               "Oh, your mom said you were probably feeling a bit lonely since Myungsol will go with his Dad soon for the weekend, so I decided to stop by to keep you company...,but...where is Myungsoo? Isn't he suppose to be here already?"

               Myungsol frowned upon the mention of his father from Hoya.

               "...I don't know..., I'm sure he's caught in traffic..." Sungyeol defended

               "I drove here, traffic isn't bad today." Hoya stated cooly.

               "Give me a second" Sungyeol excused himself to the other room. He pulled out his phone to give Myungsoo a call. For some reason Myungsoo wasn't picking up, and this made Sungyeol worried a lot. He knew Myungsoo has a lot of work, but he would never miss a chance to see Myungsol, he even take with sometimes if he had last minute appointments. Sungyeol sigh deeply after dialing Myungsoo's number several more time and receiving an answer from the inbox telling him to leave a message.

               *knock knock* Hoya peered in from the outside of the room. "Hey, if you don't mind I wouldn't mind if Myungsol come with us too."

               "No Hoya, I don't think I have the energy to go places right now. I'm sorry you had to come all this way."

               "Come on Yeol! You use to love having fun, ever since you got married you don't go anywhere, once in a while wouldn't hurt. If you stay indoors too much you'll get depressed." Hoya tried to convince Sungyeol. Choosing to ignore Hoya, Sungyeol went back to his phone.

               The phone suddenly rang, and a familiar voice spoke through the other line.

               "Sungyeol...um...some sudden work ...came up...I'm sorry I can't make it today." Myungsoo tried to make it as short as possibly, but that wouldn't pass with Sungyeol.

               "Myungsoo-ah...is something wrong...?" Sungyeol asks in suspicion.

               "No...it's just an important deal...tell...Myungsol I'm sorry." Myungsoo denied.

               "Hmph...well then... you should tell him yourself...he was really looking forward to see you." Sungyeol said, not really annoyed at Myungsoo, but annoyed at the fact that Myungsoo was hiding something.  " I"m giving the phone to Myungsol now." Sungyeol cut short.

               "Yebeoseyo?" Myungsol voice rang through the phone. Hearing his son's voice made Myungsoo feel worse for lying, but right now he was had a lot to think about. What Sungyeol mother said really ate at his guilt.

               "Appa is sorry...I can't pick up you this weekend..." Myungsoo said sadly. " I'll see you soon though baby."

               "...Wae...but Myungsol wants to see Appa now..." Myungsol said sadly.

               "Be a good boy Sol, and ...give Appa sometime." Myungsoo said sadly.

               "...But...Appa..." Myungsol was going protest until Hoya spoke up in the background.

               "Neh Myungsol ah, why don't you be good and listen to you Appa, he's probably very busy right now that's why he can't come see you." Hoya said patting Myungsol's head, "How about this? Uncle Hoya will play with you like last time, and I'll take you and your Umma to go eat anything you want!?"

               From the other line Myungsoo could feel his blood boiling, but he told himself, for now it's for the best.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               Myungsoo hadn't been getting enough Wedding deals for the past weeks, so he decided to take up another job at a shipping company, on the side. He did almost everything there including lifting heavy equipments and tools for them. It was a bit tough since risk of injury was high, but the money would help pay for Myungsol's school. The downside was he got to see Myungsol less lately. They often does video call, but it wasn't the same, and he didn't want Sungyeol to worry, so he choose to keep the quiet about the extra job for now.

               On Sungyeol's side he really didn't understand the sudden disappearance of Myungsoo, and it was making him feel worst. Hoya have been popping up more often, probably through his mother's advice, but he means well so Sungyeol didn't mind having him around. Myungsol misses his father dearly, but it seems sometimes Hoya becomes a good distraction for the little boy, to Sungyeol's displeasure bribing him with toys, and food.

               "Myungsol-ah! Look what Ahjusshi got for you?" Hoya greeted " A remote control car!"

               "...It's ok ...Ahjusshi...Myungsol need it." Myungsol said with a pout, " Umma say shouldn't accept anymore toys." The five years old sounded determined.

               "Oh...I see, well then how about I let you borrow it? That 's not the same as accepting right?" Hoya said cheerfully.

               "I...guess...that's ok...I think.?" Myungsol replied, and taking the toy to a corner.

               "...Hoya...you're going to spoil him." Sungyeol scolded.

               "It's ok Yeol, Myungsol is a good boy, he won't be spoiled by a few toys." Hoya replied cooly.

               "Why...are you here again?" Sungyeol asks, " Don't you have a business to run?"

               "Of course! But I'm free at the moment, and I wanted to see you and Myungsol."

               "Hoya..."

               "Hey, don't take it like that, because your mother personally asked me to look after you and Myungsol."

               "...Hoya...you REALLY don't have to worry about that...Myungsoo and I can take care of Myungsol...we have things figured out...I don't want to owe you anymore more favors." Sungyeol said bluntly.

               "It's not a favor if I'm willing Yeol...You know how I feel." Hoya choose to be forward this time.

               "..."

               "And...How can I trust Myungsoo to take care of you? Have you even seen him lately?" Hoya pointed out.

               "...No...but I know he's working hard..." Sungyeol defended.

               "...Hmm....well whatever you say." Hoya shrugged. " BUT, wither you like it or not I'll be here for you and Myungsol, like always...because that's what I want to do...for myself ...so just let me be. You just worry about Myungsol." Hoya said placing his hands on Sungyeol's cheeks, causing Sungyeol to give him a frown.

               "You're just too cute when you pout" Hoya pinched Sungyeol's cheeks.

              

 

               AN: I'm sorryyy there is a lack of Myungyeol in this chapter, but have patience with me lovely readers! I promise next chapter they'll see each other soon. 

Love you ALL!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3