Ch. 5 Mine and Yours Misunderstandings

Bonds & Destiny

Bonds & Destiny Ch. 5

               Mine and Yours Misunderstandings

 

               Sungyeol rubbed his eyes, feeling strained from over working throughout the day. Work came up suddenly and he had to dropped off Myungsol at his mother's for a little while. He had asked Myungsoo to pick up their son later, and stay with him before Sungyeol came back. He knew Myungsoo was busy as well, so he couldn't ask him to take care of Myungsol for the whole day. He stared at his watch checking the time, soon Myungsoo should be arriving at his mother's to pick up their son, and yet he still haven't received any calls notifying him that they had gone home together. His shift was almost over, until he had to leave for his second job at Woohyun's cafe.

               Sungyeol clocked out and headed out towards the direction of the shop. He didn't drive because his work was a walking distance. Walking along the shopping district he noticed the shops were bustling with visitors, mostly couples going out on their evening dates. Thoughts of Myungsoo came to mind as he remembered. They use to be like these couples once. His attention stop at a familiar figure with pink hair.

               "Is that...Myungsol's teacher...with..." Sungyeol could feel his heart stopping when he noticed his son's teacher with an even more familiar man in black clothing. He didn't want to jump to conclusion but his heart couldn't help but feel heavy at the sight of the two going into a small store together. There was no reason for Myungsoo to see Myungsol's teacher outside of school. Quickly he dialed some numbers.

               "Yebeoseyo?" The voice of his mother's answered on the other line.

               "Mother is Myungsol still at your house?" Sungyeol asked.

               "Yes! Where is that wretched Ex. Husband of yours? He was suppose to be here an hour ago! I'm sorry Sungyeol but you have to come get little Myungsol, I have to leave soon." Mrs. Lee said on the phone impatiently.

               "I'm sorry Mother, I'll come there right away. Please wait for me." Sungyeol said to his Mother, trying to hide the anger he had for Myungsoo at the moment. He couldn't believe Myungsoo, this has never happened before.

               "That guy..." Sungyeol cursed, curiosity got the best of him as he found himself stopping by the shop the two men had went into. He stood by the display window looking in. There Sungyeol saw a sight that he never wanted to see. Myungsoo had picked out something and handed it to Sungjong, and the younger man smiled sweetly at him. Myungsoo's eyes were also less harsh compared to how he usually is with strangers. Sungyeol felt his chest getting heavy, but choose to ignore it. He swore he wasn't jealous, not one bit, after all Myungsoo can date whoever he wants, even if it's Myungsol's teacher, but he felt his face getting hot, and at the moment he wanted to punch the stupid window that showed the lovely view of the two friendly customers inside. Stalking off in anger he almost forgot he had to pick up his son from his mother's .

               Sungyeol had to run all the way back home, and drove to his mother's quickly before she had to leave. When he arrived at his mother's house ran into someone he hadn't expected to see for a long while.

               The man had an upright posture, and muscular build. He was currently on the floor playing with Myungsol happily. When Sungyeol walked two pairs of eyes looked up at him.

               "Eeomma!!!" Myungsol greeted cheerfully getting up and running to Sungyeol. The man on the floor looked up at him as well and gave him a familiar smile.

               "Sungyeol, it's been a long time." Hoya said to him pulling him into a tight hug.

               "Ahjusshi, you can't do that, only my Appa can do that." Myungsol frowned, he was standing between Hoya and Sungyeol.

               Hoya didn't take his words to heart, and gently smiled at Myungsol and ruffled his hair making Myungsol pout deeper.

               "...Hoya...what are you doing here?" Sungyeol asked his friend.

               " Ah, I was in town so I wanted to come by to give your mom a visit. She was always so kind to me back when we were in high school, but it seem she was in a hurry, so she asked me to look after Myungsol until his dad, or you come." Hoya said sweetly hands on Sungyeol's shoulders. " By the way where's Myungsoo?"

               The mention of Myungsoo made Sungyeol pout angrily.

               "I don't know...anyways...Thanks Hoya for looking after Myungsol while Mother is gone." Sungyeol said, " I'll be going now..."

               "Hey...you're still cold like usual, don't I at least get a Goodbye hug. I did just look after your son." Hoya teased.

               "Hoya...."

               "Just kidding Yeol!" Hoya said, " Anyways I actually wanted to come visit you and the guys too. I heard Woohyun opened a coffee shop."

               "Ah, yeh I'm heading there right now, as soon as I can contact Myungsol's father." Sungyeol said with a frown. Hoya seem to notice this, and looked at him questioningly. " Give me a sec."

               Sungyeol dialed Myungsoo's number, but the older man's phone directed him to the voice mail right away. He tried again three more times and still had the same results.

               "Well, if you don't mind I could look after Myungsol while you work. I'm planning to go see Woohyun soon anyways." Hoya said.

               "...Ani...that would be too troublesome for you..." Sungyeol tried to argue, but Hoya cut him off.

               "No, not at all." Hoya said, " You like hanging out with me don't you lil' buddy?"

               Myungsol nodded smiling at his Hoya Ahjusshi.

               A few hours earlier:

Myungsoo recently sent in his client's order and was on his way to Sungyeol's mother to pick up Myungsol. He took the usual route to her house, but ahead someone familiar caught his eye, a pink hair person was struggling at the hood of his car on the side of the road. The person was trying to fix his broken car, he had the hood open with smoke coming out from it. In frustration the younger man kicked at his tires.

               The familiar man was no other than Myungsol's kindergarten teacher. Usually Myungsoo would've ignored such a situation, but since Sungjong was his son's teacher he decided to help him out. He pulled over, stopping his car behind the pink haired man.

               "Do you need some help?" Myungsoo asks the other man. The man looked up in relief.

               "YES! I'm  in a bit of a hurry, but this blasted thing won't budge, can you give me a ride to this place?" Sungjong said.

               According to his son's teacher, he had already called a toll truck to pull the car to the shop, but he was in a hurry, so he had to ask a favor of Myungsoo.

               "Can you help me and drop me off at this shop..." Sungjong said with puppy eyes.

               "Umm...sure." Myungsoo said.

               Along the way Myungsoo found out that Sungjong was a rather talkative person, possibly even more than Sungyeol was in high school. Sungjong was actually going to go on a 100 days anniversary date with his crush / now boyfriend but he car broke down. He was on his way to pick out a gift for his boyfriend.

               The two made it to the shop, and Myungsoo was about to leave until the pink haired teacher held him back.

               "Wae..." Myungsoo looked at him in confusion.

               "Do you mind helping me pick out a gift for my boyfriend...you guys have similar style, so I was hoping you can help me as well...I know it's already too much since you drove me here and all...but..." Sungjong pouted looking puppy eyed again.

               Myungsoo sighed and nodded silently. He picked up something he thought was nice inside the store and handed it to Sungjong. The younger man gave him a happy smile and thanked him.

               "....Crap!"Myungsoo looked at his phone to find that it was dead. Looking at the clock he realized the time and cursed at himself for forgetting; he was suppose to pick up Myungsol from his evil mother in law's house. He excused himself and headed out the door of the shop. Sungjong thanked him again for his help.

               Outside before he headed to his car, from across the street he saw Sungyeol walking with someone far too familiar, the other man was carrying his Myungsol in his arms. Myungsoo clenched his fists at the sight of his Ex. with the other man. They were walking too close, and passersby stared at them as if adoring a lovely family. Myungsol was his son not Hoya's, and Sungyeol...Sungyeol was his. It hurt to see Hoya holding his son, and seeing Sungyeol walking, smiling, laughing next to Hoya. It hurts him more to know that it was his fault that he lost Sungyeol, he had let everything slip away because of his own jealousy, anger, and pride. Myungsoo knew once again, he had screwed up.

 

               Myungsoo had waited at the door for them. It was the middle of winter but he didn't care. He could wait all night, as long as he get a chance to explain himself because he knew Sungyeol would be mad at him for not picking up Myungsol. He wasn't sure if it was a good enough reason or excuse for forgetting, but he had to at least try. Sungyeol and Myungsol arrived and to his displeasure Hoya was there too.

               "M..Myungsoo..what are you doing here?" Sungyeol asks forgetting at he was still upset at Myungsoo for earlier.

               "APPA!!!" Myungsol yelled running into his father's arms and receiving a kiss from Myungsoo. " Wahh Appa you're face is so cold!"

               "I'm sorry baby." Myungsoo said still holding on to his son.

               "Myungsoo...why are you here?" Sungyeol said coldly.

               "Why can't I be here?" Myungsoo said back not meaning to be blunt in speech, but the sight of Hoya just puts him a a foul mood. "What's he doing here?" He motion to Hoya.

               "He was helping me babysit Myungsol, while...you were suppose to pick him up." Sungyeol argued.

               "Anyways, I'll see you around Yeol!"Hoya perked up. "Later Myungsoo." Hoya said politely.

               "Hn."Myungsoo grunted, he knew Hoya would be like that, he was always fake around Sungyeol, pretending to still keep his manners and he knew it pissed the F out of Myungsoo.

               "See you Hoya, thanks for today...it's...nice seeing you again." Sungyeol said waving bye to Hoya. He return his gaze to Myungsoo.

               "You should go home too Myungsoo, it's late." Sungyeol said to Myungsoo without looking at him. He took Myungsol out of Myungsoo's arms and headed towards the door opening it in silence.

 

 

 

Chap. 6  preview:

 

"Myungsoo-ah I can't find Myungsol!" Sungyeol ran out of the room in panic, " He's not in his room!"

 

AN: I'm sorry for slow update... expect another update tomorrow evening/night. It's actually 3:24 am...right now...so I can't write another chapter b/c i have work and  I'm sleepy as hell now. Please read, enjoy, and COMMENT. I really love reading all your feedbacks, comments, thoughts. They are an inspiration. I love you allllll .