Ch. 19 Baby's Gender

Bonds & Destiny

I Ch. 19 Baby's Gender

 

    Myungsoo laughs softly at Sungyeol’s movements as Doctor Jang place the cool stethoscope against the taller one’s stomach.The tall male almost wiggle away on the exam bed from the Doctor’s touch as the stethoscope touches his skin, while Dr. Jang cutely jumped at his actions as well. 

 

It was a cute sight to watch for Myungsoo, since his adorable spouse had his round belly popping out, and shirt rolled up while the doctor was examining him for the monthly check up. On top all the positive developments, today was a great day for the couple, and they’d get to know what their baby’s gender. It was quite exciting for Myungsoo, since the last time they got to hear such exciting news was almost six years ago when they were expecting Myungsol. 

 

“Everything looks and sounds good Sungyeol!” Dr. Jang announced, “I’ll be right back with your prescription for refill on the prenatal vitamins.” Dr. Jang smiles excitedly at the couple, and excusing himself.

 

“Myungsoo what do you think our baby will be this time Myung?” Sungyeol asked cutely. Myungsoo had gone over closer to Sungyeol now and gave his belly gentle rubs. 

 

“Hmmm it doesn’t matter baby, as long as you both are healthy thats all I hope for.” Myungsoo states still petting Sungyeol’s belly and smiling contently. Myungsoo had developed a habit of rubbing Sungyeol’s belly for the past months since he had grown bigger. He almost forgotten how much he missed petting it the first time around when they were expecting Myungsol, and now rediscovered his old obsession.

 

Doctor Jang re-entered the room, with a broad smile across his face, prescription in hand, “Ok, so are you all ready?” 

 

The Doctor sounded ecstatic; almost as ecstatic as them. Dr. Jang started to prepare the procedure with for the ultrasound by placing some cool gels on Sungyeol’s stomach. Dongwoo moved the sonar device around and slowly on the screen the small life within Sungyeol appeared. Both Myungsoo and Sungyeol found themselves smiling softly at the image before them. Myungsoo held onto Sungyeol pulling him into a hug. The image of their baby appear clearer as Dr. Jang explained to them what was happening in the image.  

 

“Well congratulations to the both of you. The baby looking very healthy and it's growing well." Dr. Jang says pointing out over at the screen. Sungyeol immediately lite up into a sweet smile and held onto Myungsoo's hand giving it a squeeze. Myungsoo found himself grinning happily as well as he watched the screen before him; studying each line and shape of their unborn child. His eyes watered a little as he looked onto Sungyeol's happy face. 

 

"According to this you should be expecting a baby girl!” Dongwoo cooes excitedly surprising the couple; both their attention turn to him. "I'm gonna go print out the sonogram for you guys to take home."

 

"Yeolie you hear that?! We're having a girl!" 

 

 

 

 

Myungsoo held onto Sungyeol’s hand tightly, swinging their arms comfortably as they strolled through the streets. After exiting from the clinic the older male insisted they do some shopping. He had already drew a perfect picture in his head of what he wanted to get for their daughter. 

 

“Myungsoo do we have to get all these? I’m sure we can reuse a lot of Myungsol’s hand me downs for the first few months.” Sungyeol questions as he look inside the shopping cart and putting a few duplicate things such as 3 sets of the same colored socks in different tones for baby girls. 

 

“What but she’s a our little princess, she can't wear Myungsol's baby boy items, they're for boys." 

 

" Myungsoo you're ridiculous, newborn babies generally have uni items, plus who says she can't wear boys clothes, she's a baby." 

"She's not just a baby, she's our princess, and I say we get her all the princessly items." 

 

"Oh Myungie...you said the same with Myungsol and we never got to use all the items we got for him last time because he outgrew them..." 

 

Sungyeol sigh and stared at his husband in in defeat as the other man waltz back and forth thru the aisles picking out some adorable baby girl socks and dresses. 

 

They ended up leaving the store with two shopping bag filled with baby girl's items, and some additional clothes they snatched up for Myungsol as well. 

 

"Sol - sol is going to be so excited when he finds out he's going to have a little sister. If anything he's going to be the most protective big brother ever. He takes after you, after all." Sungyeol laughs a little at the thoughts of how protective his son would be to the new baby, since he is Myungsoo's mini-me. 

The couple picked up their son from Woohyun’s soon after the shopping trip. Myungsol had fallen asleep from his stay at Woohyun’s when his parents picked him up. 

 

"Thank you for babysitting, Woohyun.  We know he can be a handful at times." Sungyeol says taking Myungsol from Woohyun ' s arms.

 

"Nah, he's a great kid, it's nice having him around, since I get lonely whenever that stupid Gyu goes to one of his School district meetings, so some company is nice. Who would think principles work that much. So how was the appointment today? Did you find out the baby's gender? " 

 

" It was wonderful! When you have your own kids you really should go to Dr. Jang. He's really a great doctor." 

 

"I'm not asking about the Doctor you Pabo! I'm asking you for updates on your baby status!" Woohyun remarked poking at Sungyeol’s belly lightly and  half avoiding talks of his own babies. He couldn't imagine little baby him and Gyu's running around and bickering all the the time like they usually do; they could bring down the house.

 

"We're having a baby girl!" Sungyeol ecstatically. 

 

"A girl? Bwaahaha, I can imagine Myungsoo already going crazy buying all the prissy pastel punk doll like stuff, OR no, he'll maybe end up dressing your baby like a gothic Lolita doll. Black on black, on black baby couture Bwahahha" 

 

" There's nothing wrong with pastel pink with accents of black polkadots. She'll look cute in them, just like Yeolie." Myungsoo says flatly.

 

"What Sungyeol has Pastel pink frills?" 

"No I don't! Don't give him ideas!"

 

"I think its too late for that." Woohyun says amusingly, "Anyways congratulations you love bunnies. I'm totally excited to have a cute little niece."

 

When the couple left Woohyun ' s house it was already late in in the evening and Myungsoo couldn't wait to get home as soon as possible, he wanted to get home as soon as possible to rest up for the next day ahead. The older male had a special plan in store for Sungyeol and it was important that he get his rest. 

 

The raven haired male smiled to himself softly quietly letting out a small noise that caught Sungyeol's attention. Sungyeol look over to him quizzically, not knowing why his spouse had let out a laugh all by himself. Myungsoo shook his head brushing it off as he pulled Sungyeol into a tight hug and kisses the side of Sungyeol’s face several times again for the hundredth time through the day. 

 

 

 

 

 

    

 

    

A/N: hello ooooo sorry for such a terribly long wait. But I've just been so busy and honestly I didn't want to just write anything, and although this update doesn't seem like much but I really felt the need to update some Myungyeol fluff since they've been so cute lately, and who doesn't need fluff. There has been too many sad stories lately that kind of hurts my heart lately and I need to recover so here is a chapter I hope you'd enjoy. I hope I can update again sooner. Please wait for me, and please feel free to comment.  I always look forward to reading from you guys. 

 

Thank you.  Xoxo xoxo lots of love to you all.