Ch. 9 Please Say You Still...

Bonds & Destiny

Bonds & Destiny Ch. 9

               Please Say You Still...

 

               Myungsoo threw his bags by the door way without bothering to unpack it the moment he stepped inside his apartment. The man wanted to collapse onto the floor without care to second he arrived home. He sighed making his way to the bathroom to wash up before bed, it was already 12:30 A.M.  Since he had been working extra at a shipping company his body becomes exhausted everyday after work.

               He stared at the picture of Sungyeol and Myungsol stood on his nightstand, and taking a seat on his bed. Taking it in hand the man pressed his thumb over the image of his son and ex-wife's face as if caressing the real persons. He missed them so much that his chest aches just looking at their smiling image in the frame. Before going to bed his fingers hovered over Sungyeol's face.

               "Night...babe..." Myungsoo whispered as he falls into slumber.

               Myungsoo's phone rang several times, and the last few rings finally woke him up. He found that he had 28 missed calls the pass two and a half hours. They were all from Sungyeol. Immediately Myungsoo had an unsettling feeling. Myungsoo quickly dialed Sungyeol's number.

               "Yeobseoyo?" Myungsoo called out, and he heard some sniffling sounds coming from Sungyeol.

               "...Yeobo... it's Myungsol..." Sungyeol's voice sounded a little relieved upon hearing Myungsoo's call and a little bit in panic. "...he has a really high fever...and...I ...I didn't know what to do...I'm at the hospital right now..."

               Myungsoo could hear that Sungyeol's been crying from his voice over the phone.

               "Wae...I..I'm coming there right now ok" Myungsoo said getting up abruptly putting on a black hoodie, grabbing his wallet and car keys before heading out the door still in his PJs. Myungsoo met Sungyeol at the hospital. The taller man ran towards him in distressed, eyes puffy and red.

               "What happened exactly?" Myungsoo grab Sungyeol's arms and stared patiently at the younger man waiting for him to  calm down.

               "...I don't know...they just took him in to check...today he was feeling sick all day...and threw up his food...and...he had a fever...I...I gave him medicine...but it didn't help much..." Sungyeol was on verge of tears again and his voice was cracking, " Myung-ah... our poor baby...I'm such a bad parent..."

               Myungsoo pulled Sungyeol into his arms trying to calm him down.

               "No, Sungyeol...thats not true at all...I'm sure he's going to be ok...don't worry too much ok?" Myungsoo said gently while rubbing Sungyeol on the back.  " The doctors are taking care of him now...I'm sure they'll put the fever down in no time..."

               They took a seat at a nearby bench in the hallway. Myungsoo was just as worried about their baby as Sungyeol, but he knew he had to stay strong to keep Sungyeol calm. Sungyeol looked just as tired as he was, and it hurt to know that he was probably busy with Myungsol all evening until night. By instinct Sungyeol had his head resting on Myungsoo's shoulders, and Myungsoo has one arm wrapped around Sungyeol's waist. The older man was keeping himself awake as Sungyeol rested on his shoulders. They still had to wait for the doctors to come out with the results.

               "Are you the parents of Kim Myungsol?" A doctor approached them.

               "Ah..yes!" Myungsoo answered nudging Sungyeol gently to wake him up.

               "Doctor! W..What is wrong with Myunsol?" Sungyeol stared at the doctor with worry.

               "Ah, don't worry he's ok now, the poor child just caught a bad case of stomach flu, but luckily you brought him in time, and we were able to subdue it. I believe we can discharge him tomorrow morning." The doctor said with a gentle smile to reassure the couple.

               "Thank you doctor!" Sungyeol said gratefully.

               "No problem, well if you'll excuse me I have to see another patient...oh and you are welcome to stay the night with your child." the pediatrician said before leaving.

               Myungsoo and Sungyeol quickly went towards Myungsol's room. Myungsoo watched as Sungyeol sat down at the bedside of their child who was now sound asleep. Sungyeol rubbed Myungsol's bangs across his face as he stared at the child's sleeping face with sad eyes. Myungsoo knew how seriously scared Sungyeol can get when it comes to Myungsol, even though it's just a stomach flu it still terrifies Sungyeol if anything happened to their baby. It hurts Myungsoo to know that part of it was because Sungyeol was still paranoid and hurt from when they lost their second child, it scared him as well. Myungsoo slowly came over to Sungyeol and embraced him from behind.

               "There there baby...he's ok now..." Myungsoo said slowly.

               "...No...I'm a terribly mother...he was sick...and I didn't know what to do..."

               "Sungyeol-ah...don't blame yourself for this...it's not your fault...plus it's thanks to you he is taken care of now here."

               Sungyeol rested in head on Myungsoo's chest for support, and slowly found himself dosing off. Myungsoo carried him over to the sofa in the room and laid him down. After placing a blanket over him Myungsoo went over to Myungsol's bed taking a seat and watching over his child.

               "Appa...is sorry baby...Please...get well soon for your Umma." He said gently the child's cheeks.

               In the morning Myungsoo escorted Sungyeol and Myungsol home. Sungyeol was holding his baby tightly in his arms as if afraid Myungsol would disappeared if he let go. Myungsol was still asleep. When they arrived home Myungsoo quickly had to take his leave. It was time to return to work.

               "Myungsoo ...are you should you'll be ok? You didn't sleep at all the whole night." Sungyeol looked at the older man with worried eyes.

               "Don't worry about it. Just take care of Myungsol right now." Myungsoo said.

               "Can't you take off work for just today?"

               "Ani...Yeol... "

               Sungyeol frowned, he felt bad that he had called Myungsoo, but at the moment he was in so much panic he didn't know what else to do, and he didn't want to feel so alone. Myungsoo left before Myungsol had woken up.

               "Eeomma...I don't feel so good..." Myungsol sniffed in bed. The child pouted breaking Sungyeol's heart.

               "...I'm sorry baby..."

               "...Can I see Appa?" Myungsol asked earnestly

               "He's at work baby...he'll come visit you afterwards ok?" 

               "...Does Appa care more about his work than me...Eeomma?" Myungsol asked sadly looking down at his pillow. "Why doesn' he come visit me anymore...?"

               "No baby, of course not! Appa cares about you most of all." Sungyeol reassured his child his hair softly. " Appa loves you very much, he was the one that stayed up all night watching you while you were at the hospital."

               "...But he left...before I even..got to see him..." Myungsol lips trembled.

               Sungyeol knew Myungsol was feeling bad because of his sickness, and it made the child a little more sensitive than usual, so he understood completely why Myungsol would be upset that Myungsoo wasn't there. Sungyeol tried his best to explain to Myungsol why his father wasn't there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               Myungsoo moved about  the warehouse sluggishly. The all-nighter watch was taking a toll on his body, not to mention he was already exhausted way before that. He had received several bad bruises and scratch from lifting the boxes of hardware tools and blades to and from the shelves. There was another load was waiting to be shipped so he needed to take care of about a hundred more boxes, and bring them to the carrier before the end of the day. Little did Myungsoo know he couldn't make it to the hundred box before the end of the day.

               "Aish! I TOLD them to fix the screws on the shelves before storing all the shipments on it!" A man in his late 30's ranted. " YO! New guy watch it will you?"

               Myungsoo stared at him quietly, a bit taken aback by the man's complaint. The man along with Myungsoo were loading and reload the shelves. There were some ruckus upstairs causing the shelf to metal shelf to shake violently.

               "AISH! HEY UP THERE KEEP IT DOWN!" His co-worker yelled at the people upstairs. A few men looked down at them from the second floor of the warehouse and scoffed. The second floor had more storage space where the manufacturing machines were stored, it was basically made up of metal planked floors, and metal pipe rails the fenced the upper level, and a lot of times the machines would shake effecting the bottom floor.

               Another harsh shaking could be felt from the first floor as the machines on the upper level started to run. The shelves that hold the boxes of hardware tools and blades began to shake further. Myungsoo could feel the sound of bolts and screws popping out, and sound of cardboard being ripped open. The shelf was collapsing, and by instinct Myungsoo grabbed on to the side support of the shelf to try to keep it in place, but it was too late. The boxes ripped opened and contents spilled out. The last thing Myungsoo saw were some sharp saw blades, and metal tools falling on him. He felt them slice the surface of his skin making painful cuts on his arms, and some part of his face. And last he heard was the echo of scream coming from his co-worker. The image of Sungyeol and Myungsol flashed in his head.

               Myungsoo woke up having both his arms wrapped in bandage and he wasn't sure but there were some bandages on his neck and face as well. The doctor had told him that he needed to stay at least one and a half weeks in recovery because he had to have some stitches done. There were a few cuts that went too deep.

               "Myungsoo-shii, if you like we can notify your family for you." The head nurse said to him. Myungsoo was in a lot of pain, but he was still very conscious and alert. At once he knew he didn't want to call Sungyeol, it would give Sungyeol a panic attack, and after the hospital incident with Myungsol he didn't think Sungyeol can handle another stressed induced attack.

               "It's ok, I'll call them myself later." Myungsoo instructed. " But...can you call this one person for me...?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               It's been almost a week since Sungyeol had heard anything from Myungsoo. He was started to wonder about him, because usually Myungsoo would still call to check up on Myungsol even if he was busy with work, but it's been almost a week and still no sign of his Ex-husband. Myungsol had gotten a lot better physically, but he was moodier than ever. He had tried contacting Myungsoo, but these days he doesn't pick up his phone. Currently Myungsol was staying at his mother's while Sungyeol was working at Woohyun's cafe.

               "Yeol! Hellooo Earth to Yeolie!" Woohyun called out waving his hands in front of Sungyeol's face.

               "..Uh huh? What is it hyung? Is there another order?" Sungyeol said snapping out of his trance.

               "No, there isn't...Are you ok?" Woohyun said with concern, " Geeze...anyways I was asking you if you can go bring Myungsoo his stuff today, I can't go to the hospital today." Woohyun mumbled nonchalantly.

               "Wait a minute..what!?" Sungyeol said confused at what Woohyun was saying. "Hyung what are you talking about?"

               " I was asking you if today you would be the one to bring Myungsoo his stuff to the hospital!" Woohyun repeated normally.

               "What!? Myungsoo is in the hospital?!" Sungyeol said his hand accidently tipping the cup over.

               "What? You didn't know?" Woohyun asks in surprise this time. "He had an accident at work several days ago! He didn't tell you?"

               "..N..no...H..hyung...w..what happened to him?!"

               "Well he called me earlier this week and...."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               Sungyeol's heart was racing after he had heard the devastating news from Woohyun. His mind repeatedly questioning why didn't Myungsoo contact him, and if things were in a worse scenerio he would leave Sungyeol and Myungsol. Sungeyeol took a deep breath taking in air as he stood at the front of Myungsoo's room. He had tried to get to the hospital as fast as he could, and now he was out of breath.

               Myungsoo was resting his back on the head board sorting through his photography files, each folder was a client's project. He didn't want to get behind on his work, and he had nothing to do at the hospital anyways. The door of his room open violently and he met with a force that is Lee Sungyeol. Myungsoo could see Sungyeol's eyes travelled up and down studying him. Myungsoo could see Sungyeol giving him a pained expression. Sungyeol couldn't hold it in any longer as he saw the cuts on Myungsoo's face, and his lightly bloodstained bandages. Sungyeol ran forward wrapping his arms around the injured man at the sight of a bandaged up Myungsoo. He buried his face in Myungsoo's neck while his arms wrapped tightly around Myungsoo's torso. Myungsoo could hear muffled sounds of crying as Sungyeol's body shook. He was still too shock to react to Sungyeol's movements.

               "....Myung..soo...ah..P..please... D..don't leave m...me.." Sungyeol barely word it out face still buried in Myungsoo's neck and clinging to him like a child. Myungsoo returned Sungyeol's hug, holding onto Sungyeol lighting because his arms were still a little immobile. He gently rubbed Sungyeol's back as the younger man cried louder face still buried in Myungsoo's chest.

               "Myungsoo..ah..Please...don't leave me..." Sungyeol repeated desperately. His eyes puffed up, and nose running red. " Don't leave me...and M..Myungsol..."

               "Shh...sh...it's ok...I'm ok...I'm not going anywhere ok? I promise." Myungsoo said the sight of Sungyeol made him hurt more than his real physical pain. Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo in silence his face now completely red because he was crying so hard. Sungyeol looked really frail as his body shook from crying.  

               "...Myung..ah...let's...get back together..." Sungyeol plead. Sungyeol gave him a look that was melting Myungsoo's heart.

               Upon hearing Sungyeol's desperate plea Myungsoo's heart was beating faster. He placed a hand on Sungyeol's face caressing it gently. Slowly Myungsoo leaned in towards Sungyeol facing him, they were a centimeter apart. Myungsoo grabbed the side of Sungyeol's head softly and their lips met. Seconds later it seem like their tongues were at war with one another, fighting for dominance. Myungsoo hungrily on Sungyeol's bottom lip as Sungyeol gave in slowly sliding himself closer to Myungsoo. Myungsoo was caressing Sungyeol's inner thigh causing Sungyeol to mourn between kisses. Soon enough Sungyeol got onto Myungsoo's lap and he could feel Myungsoo becoming hard under him. Myungsoo ignored his physical pain and let Sungyeol slide his lower body slide back and forth on Myungsoo's lap.

               They stopped for air as both found individuals themselves breathless. Sungyeol stared intently at Myungsoo before beginning again.

               "...I really really love you so much ...!" Sungyeol said his eyes still watery, and his voice almost child-like. "Do you...still...love me too?"

               Myungsoo wanted to say " YES, YES I F***ing love you so much, you don't even know!!!" But he still couldn't register all that had happend a few seconds ago. He really hope he wasn't dreaming all this, or high on pain killers.