Ch. 15 Part of the Past

Bonds & Destiny

Bonds & Destiny Ch. 15

               Part of the Past

              

               Hoya smiled at Sungyeol brightly making Sungyeol almost feeling guilty for not wanting to let him in. The taller stood still for a long moment until his guest spoke up.

               "Can I come in?" Hoya asks expectantly.

               "S..Sure...come in." Sungyeol said hesitating a bit before letting his best friend in.

               "So...Myungsol's off at school already?" Hoya asks.

               "Yes, Myungsoo dropped him off before heading to work." Sungyeol replied.

               "Myungsoo?...Doesn't he only stop by on weekends for Myungsol? It's the start of the week." Hoya questioned his face changed turning a little gloomy.

               "No...actually you see Myungsoo and I decided__." Sungyeol began to say until he was interrupted by Hoya suddenly.

               "Oh! I forgot this is for you. It's a special blend imported from Columbia. Your favorite stuff." Hoya said handing Sungyeol some expensive looking coffee box.

               Sungyeol stared at it for a good half a minute before answering.

               "I'm sorry Hoya...I actually can't have this." Sungyeol replied, " I'm pregnant."

               "What! With who!?...Wait...you...don't mean..."Hoya began to look completely distraught.

               "Yes, it's Myungsoo's baby...we decided to try again...to give our marriage another shot." Sungyeol said truthfully.

               "Wait, don't tell me you're getting back together because you're pregnant are you?" Hoya questioned.

               "No, of course not" Sungyeol said a little offended, " We...I still love him very much."

               "Sungyeol...how do you know he won't lash out again? People don't change that quickly..." Hoya reasoned.

               "I'm sorry Hoya...please don't talk about Myungsoo like that." Sungyeol said looking away from the other male, " I trust Myungsoo...and more than that I love him..."

               " Sure you love him, but are you sure he isn't just possessive like before? Are you sure he loves you the same way? Sungyeol, I..."Hoya peered in closer to Sungyeol making the taller brunette back away a little.

               "Hoya, I know how you feel...but ...I really can never return those feelings." Sungyeol said softly looking away from Hoya, and unwilling to meet his gaze. The other remain silent after hearing Sungyeol words.

               "Do you...really know how I feel...Sungyeol?" Hoya broke his silence. " All these years...I honestly tried to move on...I even tried to move to another country to forget you, but the moment I saw you again, still alone, even though you have a child it still doesn't deter my feelings...The moment I saw you again...the feelings just comes back, I discovered that I never could throw them away. All I did was bury it.  When I got back knowing you still had no one after your divorce I had so much hope...But..." Hoya paused his eyes turning intense, " WHY! WHY IS IT THAT I CAN NEVER WIN AGAINST KIM MYUNGOO!?"

               Hoya's sudden outburst shocked Sungyeol. Never did the other raise his voice at Sungyeol, not once even after years of friendship. He felt really guilty for bringing out such Hoya's bad side. Hoya began to change his expression to a darker one.

               " I'm sorry Hoya." Sungyeol said studying Hoya's expression. The other man was beginning to scare him a little.

               "I am not giving you up that easily! Not this time." Hoya said seriously. "Just watch Sungyeol...I'll make you mine."

               Sungyeol slowly took a few steps back away from Hoya. The other mna grabbed him aggressively and pressed his lips on Sungyeol's. Sungyeol pursed his lips together tightly closing his mouth shut not letting Hoya take any further advances.

               With all his strength he pushed Hoya off. Sungyeol slapped him across the face making the shorter male angerier .

               "Snap out of it!" Sungyeol yelled at him. Hoya was one of his best friends and he really didn't want things to turn out this way. In the past not once had Hoya tried to force himself onto Sungyeol, so the brunette still had some sympathy for his friend. He didn't want Hoya to sink in further.

               "Why am I not enough?!!" Tell me? I can give you everything he can't, I can give you anything and everything you want Sungyeol! I'll accept Myungsol as my own...and this new baby...why can't you accept me? I ...knew you first...Why is it always Kim Myungsoo?!! I'm better than him in every way!"

               "Hoya..."

               *Flashback*

               Hoya waited patiently for Sungyeol after school as usual. Usually it would be Hoya, Sungyeol, and Woohyun that walk together home, but today Woohyun had gone ahead since he had some family matters to attend to.

               From afar Hoya spots his best friend and love of his life skipping happily along the concrete path of the school yard. Sungyeol had an extra cheery smile across his face. Hoya could only assume that the tall brunette scored well on their recent math test. Sungyeol skipped happily towards Hoya waving at him. Hoya could only smile back sheepishly at him.

               "I take it you  did well on your exam." Hoya commented.

               "Nope."Sungyeol shook his head before replying. There was something mysterious going on with the taller boy, and Hoya was desperate to find out. Sungyeol was still smiling brightly causing Hoya to raise his eyebrow at him.

               "I got a D-." Sungyeol said gleefully.

               "What?!...Then how are you still smiling like an idiot? You were crying the other day about wanting to score well...and you life depended on it...what the hect man?!" Hoya retorted.

               Sungyeol didn't say anything but shrugged the other boy off still looking as happy as ever.

               "Hey we could study together! I can tutor you so next time you can score better. " Hoya offered.

               "It's ok my dear Howon! Just worry about yourself for now. Today I'm in a happy mood and I want to eat grill  meat!" Sungyeol said happily.

               "Sungyeol...seriously did you hit your head?" Hoya said in concern trying to feel Sungyeol's head.

               "Nope. Just something good happened that's all." Sungyeol said still sounding vague.

               Hoya concluded that Sungyeol probably lost his mind from getting such a low score. The tall boy must have transition from distress to mental breakdown mode, and this might've been post mental breakdown. Usually the taller boy would come crying to Hoya begging him to study together, but this time it seem like Sungyeol was abducted by aliens.

               It wasn't until days later when Hoya found out the reason why Sungyeol had been so strange and ecstatic about getting a D- on his math test.

               As usual Hoya waited for Sungyeol at the gates in front of their school. The taller boy could be seen at a distance slowly making his way towards him.  Trotting behind his best friend another boy could be seen. He was a stranger to their usual group but Hoya recognized him as an upper classman. To be specific the older boy is Kim Myungsoo.

               Kim Myungsoo was famous for his cold and aloof attitude, and loner demeanor. The boy was also known as one of two seniors who works at the school tutoring the lower level classes. The other tutor was the school's Senior Class President Kim Sunggyu.

               Sungyeol made his way towards Hoya first while Kim Myungsoo stood on the side waiting for Sungyeol. Sungyeol swang his arms around Hoya's shoulders and for a quick second Hoya could've sworn he saw Kim Myungsoo glaring daggers at him. The brunette let go of Hoya and faced him apologetically.

               "Howon-ah I'm so sorry! I forgot to tell you I'll have tutoring for a while after school from now on until my grades improve." Sungyeol said with his hands clasp together cutely. "I'm so so sorry!"

               Sungyeol only call him Howon when he begs for something or does something wrong, and it always hit Hoya's soft spot every time.

               "Our homeroom teacher wont let me off on this until I improve my test scores. I'm really sorry."

               "It's okay..." Hoya replied patting Sungyeol on the head cutely. " So...um call me when you're free?"

               "Mmmhmm...I will." Sungyeol said innocently. Little does he know how Hoya feels about him. They've always been like this, and still Sungyeol had no clue because he was cute and sweet to everyone. There were many people who have crushes on him and still the tall boy had no clue. There was no one Hoya treated like how he treats Sungyeol. The boy was the King of Sass at their school, famous for his face and slick tongue, but to Sungyeol he showed his gentle side and always pampers his best friend.

               "Thanks for understanding!" Sungyeol said happily.

               To make things worse after that Kim Myungsoo started appearing more often in front of him with Sungyeol. Even during soccer the older classman would sit and wait until Sungyeol was done with soccer so they could have their damn study sessions. It irritated Hoya to a point where he had to play dirty. Sometimes he sneak glances at Sungyeol and after a goal the other boy would lightly tap Sungyeol's as a sigh of victory. He knew Kim Myungsoo goes crazy on the bleacher when he does that. Soccer was the only time Hoya could get away with touching Sungyeol a bit more excessively than usual.

               Sungyeol resume to looking a bit mischievous as if he was hiding something and leaned in closer to his friend's ear. Hoya could see Kim Myungsoo glaring at him again. Hoya return the glare with an equally deadly one.

               "Remember the one time you asked me if I liked anyone? Well...it's him!...Oh my gosh...I couldn't believe it at first when Mr. Oh announced that Kim Myungsoo will be my tutor!" Sungyeol whispered in Hoya's ears.

               Sungyeol had a genuinely happy smiled when he said those words to Hoya. It made his heart sink further while he listened to Sungyeol speak of Myungsoo.

               "Oh, I see..." Hoya said as his face slowly changed into a frown.

               "I'll introduce you guys another time...Myungsoo-hyung is a bit stranger shy." Sungyeol explained. "Anyways I'll call you later Hoya!"

               Hoya watched as Sungyeol left with Kim Myungsoo before making his way back home. He cursed Woohyun for not showing up for once.

               Sungyeol wasn't his usual self. He wasn't smiling, laughing, joking, or jumping around and it was a huge shocker to Hoya and Woohyun.

               "Yah! Stop that! You're starting to scare us." Woohyun yelled.

               "Yeh, What's wrong with you Yeol?" Hoya questioned.

               "...Nothing..." Sungyeol said dryly looking as gloomy as ever.

               "Bull! Come on spill it!" You've been gloomy for two weeks now!...It's not about Kim Myungsoo is it? Woohyun questioned.

               "Wait...what?"Hoya questioned. There was something he missed between these two friends of his.

               Sungyeol stubbornly shook his head.

               "I don't want to talk about it." Sungyeol said flatly.

               "Don't tell me he rejected you?" Woohyun stated.

               "NO! He...doesn't even know...ugh! He's ...like a rock sometimes..." Sungyeol yelled in frustration.

               "Well then why don't you tell him how you feel!" Woohyun encouraged.

               "NO! Are you crazy?! What if he'll never talk to me again!" Sungyeol exclaimed.

               The conversation between the two made Hoya feel as frustrated as Sungyeol, also the fact that Kim Myungsoo made his bright Sungyeol turn into this grey rain cloud.

               As if on cue Kim Myungsoo made his way to their table. Sungyeol too stuck in his doom and gloom mood to notice the older male approaching. Myungsoo grabbed onto Sungyeol's wrist.

               "We need to talk." Myungsoo began, " Why have you been missing the tutoring sessions?"

               Myungsoo sounded stern, but Woohyun could read behind his mask that he really wasn't concern about just tutoring, but more of why Sungyeol had been avoiding him.

               "...It's nothing ok hyung? I...I've just been a bit busy after school..." Sungyeol lied.

               "Busy with what?" Myungsoo questioned.

               "..."Sungyeol looked away from Myungsoo before Hoya stepped in.

               "He's just busy alright?! It's not like it's your business, you're his tutor so lay off!" Hoya retorted. Sungyeol stared at him a bit shock at how he spoke to Myungsoo, but stayed silent due to his own internal conflict.

               The lunch bell rang signaling the end, and Myungsoo had no choice but to return to class. Sungyeol stared longingly after the older boy and sighed. Hoya noticed tears welling up around Sungyeol's eyes. He had never seen Sungyeol like this before. Sure enough Sungyeol cried easily, but usually over childish things, and not over a mere crush. He felt his heart sink even further.

               One day, some time after that even, at lunch hour Sungyeol came cheerfully to Woohyun and Hoya holding onto Kim Myungsoo's arm pulling to stoic old boy along to their table.

               "Guys! I have an announcement to make!" Sungyeol said with the biggest and most gummy smile, " Myungsoo and I are dating now!"

               "About time!" Woohyun grunted ," We were getting sick of your doom and gloom face."

               "Congrats Yeol!"Hoya said trying to keep his composure. After that day Hoya was forced into loving Sungyeol from the shadows, and he swore that if ever Kim Myungsoo was dumb enough to let Sungyeol go, Hoya would make him regret it.

*End Flashback*

               "Hoya...I'm sorry...I'm grateful to you...and your kindness...and I know...you are a great person." Sungyeol began, " I know Myungsoo isn't perfect, but I'm not perfect either...I'm sure...you will meet someone much much better than me. Someone who can truly make you happy."

               "No! I don't want anyone else!" Hoya stubborning argued." I will make you mine! I can be better than Myungsoo, just tell me and I'll do it! I'll make you love me." 

               "No Hoya..." Sungyeol said turning away from Hoya.

               "Why...Why do you love him so much! Even after all the terrible things that happen in the past...your baby...without understanding for you he just blindly made his assumptions...and hurt you. What does he have that I don't?" Hoya yelled.

               " Hoya...I don't love Myungsoo for ...what he has...or what he can do...I love him because." Sungyeol said his eyes tearing up thinking about Myungsoo, his babies, and Hoya's words.

               Hoya shook Sungyeol roughly his hands digging into Sungyeol's arms.

               "Please Hoya...just let go...you're hurting me." Sungyeol cried quietly.

               It seems Hoya was too lost in his anger to notice a strong force pulling him off Sungyeol.  Within seconds a raven haired male was on him like a vicious wolf.

               "GET THE OFF HIM!" Myungsoo growled punching Hoya hard on the jaw after pulling him off of Sungyeol. It didn't help ease Hoya's anger as he return the hit equally as strong. The two struggled for a while until Sungyeol's scream could be heard.

               "STOP IT PLEASE!" Sungyeol called out, " Please...just stop fighting..."

               "Sungyeol..." Myungsoo  stopped and stared at his wife who now look as if he was in pain. Sungyeol grabbed onto his stomach bending over and gripping onto the sofa cushion.

               "Sungyeol!" Myungsoo ran over to Sungyeol holding him up as Hoya stayed shock on the floor.

               "Please...no...not again..." Sungyeol cried tears falling harder than before, " Myung-ah...I'm scared...please...I don't want to lose the baby..."

               "No...no baby...I won't let it happen again...I promise...just calm down...don't panic...I'll get the ambulance.ok..?" Myungsoo said holding Sungyeol.

               Hoya still on the floor speechless watching Sungyeol in pain and a bit of blood was staining his pants. The shock came to him a bit late, but regret washed over him. Sure he wanted Sungyeol, but now instead he was the one that hurt him. He didn't realize that Sungyeol wasn't well, and he could easily miscarry.

               "Yeol..." Hoya uttered lowly under his lips.

               "What the  are you sitting there for? Help me get him to the hospital!" Myungsoo's voice shook Hoya out of his trance. The ambulance came within a few minutes to their relief.

               The doctors took Sungyeol into the emergency room leaving Myungsoo and Hoya in the halls. Hoya stood face stoic still in shock as Myungsoo punched the wall next to Hoya's face. Doctors still have not give them much information on Sungyeol's condition.

               "I swear if anything happens to him and the baby...you're dead." Myungsoo said in a venomous low voice his fist clenching. He wanted to punch the living day lights out of Hoya, but they were at the hospital and the older male didn't want to cause more commotion.  The raven haired man eyes burn through Hoya.

              

     AN: Hello all!! Enjoy the update. It could've gone up sooner but my net died yesterday night. Happy reading <3 <3 <3 Thank you for supporting the story thus far all my lovely readers.