Ch. 16 Rest

Bonds & Destiny

Bonds & Destiny Ch. 16 - Rest

 

 

               Sungyeol bite down on his lips trying to not let out a cry because of the pain he felt in his abdomen.  Doctors and nurses rushed back and forth in blurry forms in front of him.  The brunette was breaking into cold sweat due to tiredness, and pain. He lean back resting his head on the back of the reclining hospital bed in hopes his pain will subdue. The nurses had changed him into a hospital gown once he entered the Emergency Room, and threw his clothes aside. Sungyeol look to the corner through a semi-transparent bag and saw the mess that was his clothes. There were spots of his blood staining the pants.

               He closed his eyes praying that their baby would be safe, and he felt tears trickling down his face. Beyond the pain he was going through, the fear he was internally feeling hurts a thousand times more, and he felt himself crying harder as he thought about the disappointment on Myungsoo and their son's face if something were to go wrong.

               The head doctor had given him a injection to thicken his blood a bit, so it would prevent further bleeding. Slowly Sungyeol found himself losing consciousness due to tiredness.

               Myungsoo focused his full attention on the hospital room door that they took Sungyeol in. His hands clam together praying that Sungyeol and their baby would be ok. Myungsoo had warned Hoya to leave before he really couldn't control his anger any longer, and end up unleashing the demon within. He just wanted Sungyeol to be ok, and he didn't want to waste more energy in being angry, so he really didn't want to see Hoya's face at the moment. His cell phone had been ringing several times for the past hour. The raven haired man ignored it knowing full well it was his mother-in-law trying to call in to ask about Sungyeol's conditions, and he wasn't feeling too thrill about explaining the situation to her.

               Dr. Jang, a newly appointed specialist approached Myungsoo from the ER making his way over with a bounce in his steps. The other man was half a head shorter, and he had pink thick bottom lips. His face had a kind expression to it. Myungsoo thought he would look like an angel if he smiled, but the other man approached Myungsoo with a straight face, and his expression was tired, to grim.

               "Are you Kim Myungsoo? Lee Sungyeol's spouse?" Dr. Jang asks.

               "Yes, ...H..How is he?" Myungsoo said desperately getting up from his waiting spot.

               " We have stabilized his condition for now, so don't worry Mr. Kim. He's currently resting now you can go in to see him." Dr. Jang reassured.

               "And...the baby?" Myungsoo asks nervously.

               "Ah...don't worry the baby is ok as well for now, but please make sure that Sungyeol-shii rest once we discharge him, and no heavy work." Dr. Jang explained before excusing himself.

               Myungsoo stepped out to the patio to make a few phone call.

               *Bring Bring Bring*

               "Yeoboseyo? It's me Woohyun." A family deep voice answered on the other line.

               "Woohyun, it's Myungsoo. Something came up and Sungyeol's in the hospital, can I ask you to pick up Myungsol from school later and let him stay with you for tonight. I have to stay at the hospital with Sungyeol."

               "Wae? Wae? What happened to Sungyeolie?" Woohyun said with worry.

               "...I'll tell you later." Myungsoo answered.

               "Just please take care of Myungsol me ok?"

               "Alright alright."

               The raven haired man hung up the phone after ending the call with Woohyun and made his way to Sungyeol's room.  Myungsoo entered the quiet room to find Sungyeol still sleeping, and took a seat beside his sleeping spouse. Sungyeol's complexion was pale, even his usual pink lips lost their colors.

               "Sungyeol-ah..." Myungsoo said brushing his fingers through Sungyeol's hair. " Get better soon."

               Myungsoo sat in silence, his eyes focus on Sungyeol's chest leveling up and down slowly with each breath. The sleeping man had a hand over his stomach while the other hang freely. Myungsoo took the opportunity and held onto Sungyeol's free hand and bringing it up to his lips. He wanted to watch over Sungyeol as he slept, the older man dare not to leave his side.

               When Sungyeol opened his eyes he found himself laying in the dim lit room of the hospital. He look over to the clock hanging on the wall to find that it was almost midnight, and he had slept half the day away. Myungsoo was sleeping face down, hunched over the bed with his thicker fingers lacing Sungyeol's slim ones. Myungsoo held their hands close to his chest as he slept. Sungyeol sat up slowly feeling his own weight pulling him down. Letting out a small sigh he successfully sat up, and deciding to pull the extra cover by his feet to lay it over his hunched up husband.

               "Sungyeol-ah...please get better..."Myungsoo mumbled in his sleep making Sungyeol smile softly at the other man. Myungsoo's sleeping face gave him a more youthful appearance making it look almost identical to their son's.

               The next morning the hospital had discharge Sungyeol and Dr. Jang had ordered that the brunette should be on bed rest, so Myungsoo made sure that the other did not lift a finger.

               "Myunggie ah I can carry my own things..." Sungyeol said attempting to take his bags from Myungsoo.

               "Nope, I'm not risking you getting yourself hurt again." Myungsoo shook his head at the brunette and proceeded in calling the taxi.

               When the couple arrived back at their humble alcove they were met at the sight of their friend, Woohyun had dropped off Myungsol at school earlier in that morning and he was waiting for the couple to be back before heading to work. Myungsoo had taken note to thank him later for taking care of their son.

               They said their goodbyes to Woohyun before Myungsoo lead Sungyeol to the bedroom to make sure the brunette got proper rest.  The older man set down some of Sungyeol's belongings from the hospital, and set himself beside the taller on his side of the bed.

               For the past forty something minutes Sungyeol had been staring at the blank wall across from the headboard. He watched as the clock handle shifted as each seconds passed making a ticking sound. Myungsoo had refuse to let him get out of bed since their return, and the older man has taken it upon himself to guard Sungyeol like a watchdog, to make sure that the other male wouldn't lift a finger.

               "Myunggie-ah I know doctor's orders is I should be on bed rest, but you don't have to literally make me stay in bed all day. I feel a lot better now." Sungyeol said hoping Myungsoo wouldn't come back with any persistent arguments on the subject.

               Sungyeol could say he was honestly bored to death staying in bed, he was use to being around, and not sitting idly.

               "No, you just got discharged, so I'm not taking any chances." Myungsoo said sternly using his Myung Tutor Oppa  voice on Sungyeol while staring at his laptop seemingly focus on work, and ignoring Sungyeol's desperate cry from boredom.

               Myungsoo's sternness indicated that there will be no further discussion that could make him change his mind on leaving Sungyeol alone. The room was filled with silence afterwards, except for the sound of occasional typing, and mouse clicking from Myungsoo. Sungyeol sigh in defeat while puffing out his cheeks and flopped down onto their bed. The silence was driving Sungyeol crazy.

               "Myungie-ah, don't you have work go to?" Sungyeol questioned looking at his husband.

               "Babe...this is work." Myungsoo said pointing at his laptop.

               The brunette pouted at Myungsoo and placed his chin on his palm. Myungsoo really took doctor's orders very seriously. As much as Sungyeol like being with his husband, he really hated being confined to one  spot, and Myungsoo was making the bed his prison. The bleak silence was making him mad, and it reminded him of their awkward tutoring sessions in high school when they had first met.

               The younger male reached out his hand in a friendly gesture to his upper classman, with a friendly smile Sungyeol introduced himself to his new tutor.

               "Hello! I'm Lee Sungyeol! I'll look forward to today's tutoring sessions. I heard you're the best at math, so please take care of my hyung." Sungyeol said politely eyes beaming brightly at his new tutor. Even though their school uniform was already black, Sungyeol didn't understand how the boy manage to make it look even gloomier than usual.

               "Sure." The older raven haired boy said blankly. Kim Myungsoo didn't bother to shake his hand, and just made his way towards the library expecting Sungyeol to follow. Sungyeol shrugged off his coldness, and followed the older male to the library. He didn't care if Myungsoo was a block of ice, surely ice eventually will melt.

               "Hyung! So what section are we going over today?" Sungyeol asks trying to start a conversation with Kim Myungsoo even thought he sort of knew what section they're going to start off with, but he really wanted to befriend Myungsoo. They haven't formally met, and even with Myungsoo's loner reputation; it didn't denture Sungyeol from wanting to be closer to the aloof boy. For some reason he found Myungsoo quite captivating.

               Myungsoo didn't say anything and continued on. The older male picked a table with a window view to the school's garden and set down the study books.

               "I'm gonna test you to see where your level is at, and we'll go on from there." Myungsoo said monotonously not meeting Sungyeol's eyes, but was focus on setting out the test worksheets. " I'll give you an hour to complete these without calculator."

               "NO Calculator!?...Bu...but what if there are decimals?" Sungyeol complained.

               The older male ignored his statement and placed the worksheet before the brunette.

               "You have 59 minutes left to finish." Myungsoo said robotically.

               "Ugh! Wa..wait...I..I haven't even unpack my stuff..." Sungyeol cried.

               "58 minutes."

               "S...stop it!"

               "57."

               "Ugh!"

               -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               Sungyeol dropped his pencil down on the desk and quickly handed the paper to Myungsoo. The older male took it , placed the worksheets in front of him. They sat in awkward silence for a good 15 minutes as Myungsoo studied the worksheets that Sungyeol completed. For some strange reason Sungyeol felt like the weight of the world was on him as he watch Myungsoo go through each of the problems he answered. After a long pause Myungsoo began to speak again.

               "I guess we have to start at the basics." Myungsoo said emotionlessly.

               "B..basic? I'm sure I didn't do that bad!" Sungyeol protested.

               "Nope not bad at all, but you make stupid mistakes, fail to show your process, and actually missed more than 75% of the problems." Myungsoo said bluntly.

               Sungyeol wanted to flop his face on the desk from Myungsoo's sarcasm. He didn't know why he found this stiff guy so captivating, and appealing from the beginning .

               A clunk sound disrupted Sungyeol from his mental breakdown as he look to the side to see that Myungsoo had place an inch thick volume book beside him. It read How to Understand the fundamentals of Math vol. I.

               "Here, read this when you get home. It's a book about ways to approach Math, you should read it before we start on the sessions. Actually, you can start reading it now." Myungsoo said plainly making Sungyeol sweat drop.

               Sungyeol stared at the library clock, twenty seven minutes passed and he was on the seventh page of this damn boring book. Kim Myungsoo had decided to leave him alone and no answer any questions until the brunette had started reading leaving and awkward silence between them.

               ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End Flash back

               "I'm gonna go get a drink of water." Sungyeol deciding to get up on his own.

               "I'll get it for you." Myungsoo said stopping Sungyeol.

               The raven haired man left the room and returned after 50 seconds with a glass of water in hand, and placing it at the nightstand next to Sungyeol, and went back to his work. Sungyeol pouted deeper and let out a frustrated growl. The tall man kicked his legs in the air and banged in on the mattress.

               "Myungsoo-ah! Are you punishing me?"

               "Babe, I don't know what you're talking about."

               "Hmpt! Whatever I'm going to sleep." Sungyeol said turning his back to Myungsoo.

               "Aren't you going to drink your water?" Myungsoo asks innocently.

               "NO!"

               -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

               Myungsoo stared at the clock on the opposite wall of their headboard, then stared at Sungyeol's sleeping form under the blankets. Sungyeol didn't change much since back then, and the thought of it made Myungsoo giggled.

               The older male leaned down to kiss the side of Sungyeol's head before closing his laptop and setting it aside. Myungsoo laid down gently next to Sungyeol, rested his chin on the brunette's shoulders , pulled Sungyeol's body in closer, and wrapped an arm around the sleeping male.

              

               .

               AN: Sorry to have kept you all waiting so long for an update lovely readers. <3.  I missed you, but I had such a writers block. Hope you guys enjoy, and happy reading. 

Thank you xdark_blue for helping me sort out some of the things for this chapter. We had a good talk. Myungyeol hwaiting!!!!