Ch. 4 Let's Divorce

Bonds & Destiny

Bonds & Destiny Ch. 4

Let's Divorce

AN: please don't hate Myungsooo lol...he's not that bad, he just loves yeol too much but bc he has esteem issues i guess. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

               Work had piled up for Myungsoo, because he was the only one working to support himself, Sungyeol ,and their new baby. He had to take up extra jobs since Sungyeol can't work. Myungsol was barely half a month old and they didn't want to have to leave him to a babysitter, plus it wasn't even an option for them since the couple wouldn't be able to afford one anyways. Myungsoo has to work at a photography shop, while doing freelance work on the side, and on weekends he does Wedding photos gigs. There was barely much time to see Sungyeol and Myungsol, and it was killing him. He miss Sungyeol and his baby so much. Each night Myungsoo would come home and only have time to eat dinner before going to bed to wake up early in the morning again for work.

               One afternoon he had left some films at their house, so he had to return home. Myungsoo had returned home with no one there. Sungyeol must have taken Myungsol and went to out somewhere. He shuffled through the draws to retrieve the films when he heard some noises at the door. He figured Sungyeol must've came home.

               "Hoya, please go home, you don't have to do this. Myungsol and I are fine." Sungyeol plead sounding somewhat nervous.

               Myungsoo decided to stay out of sight upon hearing the familiar voices.

               "But Sungyeol I'm just worried about you." Hoya said, " Knowing you, you're probably not eating well. I don't mean anything by it, but Myungsoo should be here for you more often."

               "...He's working hard right now, to support me and Myungsol, that's enough." Sungyeol said to his friend sternly.

               "Well, you're working hard too having to take care of Myungsol and all." Hoya protested, " Did he even know you had a difficult delivery? He wasn't there for most of it!"

               "...Hoya please, I don't want to talk to you about this. Just go...I'm fine by myself."

               "Yeol...I just don't want you to be alone all the time because of him."

               "...I'm not alone, Myungsoo makes me very happy."

               "Are you sure about that?" Hoya challenged, " You look pretty wary and dragged down for a happy person."

               "..."

               "I shouldn't have let you go with him." Hoya said under his breath bitterly.

               "Hoya if you start this again...we can't be friends."

               "Ok...ok...I'll let it go this time...I'll see you around Sungyeol."

               "Bye Hoya." Sungyeol said with a sigh as the other man left.

               Myungsoo was gripping on the corner of the desk firmly almost causing his palm to bleed. He hated the fact that some of the things Hoya said was true. As much as he hated the other man, deep down he knew he was neglecting Sungyeol, despite the reason being work, he still felt helpless to their situation. They married young with both sides of the family opposing their marriage. Sungyeol's side didn't like the fact that Myungsoo was not a rich man, and Myungsoo's parents opposed because they felt they both were too young and naive.

               Because they received no help from their parents, the couple always had financial problems. Sungyeol wanted to work as well, but he was pregnant with Myungsol right after the wedding, and because of poor health the doctors advised him to not work.

               He also hated the fact that Hoya still hangs around Sungyeol often, but he was also indebted to Hoya for saving both Sungyeol and Myungsol on time. Myungsol was born a week prematurely while Myungsoo was away on a business trip, had Hoya not been there on time even Sungyeol's life was in danger. Myungsoo often wondered if the odds were against him, because everything he does it seems Hoya was always a step ahead. Even his in-laws originally wanted Sungyeol to be with Hoya instead.

               He stalked angrily out of the house in bitter thoughts, mostly angry at himself for not being good enough for Sungyeol. The more he thought about their situation, the more he blamed himself, and the more he thought that maybe, just...maybe he had ruined Sungyeol's life. Sungyeol could be having an easier life if he hadn't married Myungsoo, and maybe he would've been better off with Hoya. What he hated most about himself was he didn't even know Sungyeol had a hard delivery since he had only made it in the last hour before Myungsol was born, and yet Hoya knew.

               That night even thought deep down he knew it wasn't Sungyeol's fault at all, but the self loath, and disappointment made Myungsoo moody. The door slammed as he walked in to find Sungyeol asleep on the sofa with little Myungsol in a bundle, and asleep in his arms. The loud bang from the door woke him up and also caused Myungsol to cry out.

               "Myungie... you're home...what's wrong?" Sungyeol asked his husband.

               "....Nothing..."Myungsoo said without looking Sungyeol in the eye, "Just go back to sleep."

               "Aren't you hungry? I made dinner."Sungyeol called after him.

               "I'm not hungry."

               Sungyeol pouted at his husband, he had spent the evening preparing dinner and had waited for Myungsoo to come back so they could eat together. Myungsoo felt bad, but at the moment he just couldn't think straight, and I didn't know how to deal with his own feelings. He was afraid if he actually talked to Sungyeol he would say, or do things he didn't mean, so coldness was his only answer at the time.

               More troubles began to arise for the young couple financial in their fourth year of marriage. Myungsol had turned four and a half. Myungsoo was still doing three jobs, but that wasn't covering enough for the couple's bills.

               "YOU WERE TAKING MONEY FROM HOYA!? BEHIND MY BACK?! I CAN WORK! I DON'T WANT YOU OWNING THAT GUY ANYMORE THAN YOU ALREADY HAVE!" Myungsoo yelled, luckily Myungsol was away at his grandma's.

               "Because...we're having a hard time! Please...yeobo...I didn't want you getting sick from over working" Sungyeol cried his eyes already red from tears, as he cling onto Myungsoo's arm.

               "I can manage!" Myungsoo said pulling his arm away from Sungyeol.

               Myungsoo had a lot of pride, and he couldn't stand the fact that Sungyeol relied on Hoya. All this time he had thought the extra money came from Sungyeol's family.

               "NO! YOU CLEARLY DISOBEYED MY WISHES! "

               "WHY! Why do you always get like this...?" Sungyeol cried in frustration, "Why can't you just..."

               "I already told you! I told you to keep a distance between you and Hoya...I begin to think, maybe you do return his feelings...and you regret being with me!" Myungsoo throwing accusations at Sungyeol, but deep down he had too much pride to admit he was wrong.

               "How...can you say that...?" Sungyeol gave Myungsoo a disappointed stare. "...Myung-ah...Do you really think ...I'm that kind of person?"

               Myungsoo closed his eyes because he felt his own eyes burning. Ignoring Sungyeol's question he retreated to their room and retrieve his working equipment.

               "I'm going to work...I'll see you later."

               The doors slammed shut as the raven haired man left the house. Sungyeol fell to his knees crying. He gripped at his stomach in pain remembering what his doctor told him.

               "Sungyeol-shi, we found the results positive."

               "What do you mean positive...?"

               "You're 4 weeks pregnant Sungyeol-shi...however, because of your poor health we advise you to be very careful. Any stress, or tension can be dangerous for you both ."

               -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sungyeol could feel his body being cold and his vision blurry. He was breaking out into cold sweat due to the immense pain. Red liquid pooled up beneath him. Grabbing onto his phone he dialed a number.

               "Myungsoo...ah...please pick up..."Sungyeol cried, "...Myung-ah..."

               He couldn't reach Myungsoo after dialing 3 more times, so he desperately dialed another number.

               "Yeboseyeo?"

               "Hyung...help me..."

               "Wae?...Yeol? Waee?" Woohyun called over the line but received no reply. He could tell on the phone that something was terribly wrong with Sungyeol. Rushing over to Myungsoo and Sungyeol's house Woohyun found the ambulance was leaving. He spoke to them and followed to the hospital.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

              

               "I'm sorry we couldn't save the baby..." The doctor announced.

               Sungyeol was still unconscious, and Woohyun knew as soon as he wakes up the poor boy would be devastated. 

               "Where the is Myungsoo!?" Woohyun cursed his name as he dialed Myungsoo's number repeatedly. Deciding to give up he went back inside to check up on Sungyeol to find that he had woken up. Sungyeol had dead hollow eyes, and he knew that the doctors have already told Sungyeol the news.

               "I'm sorry...Yeol..." Woohyun said sympathetically taking the other's hand and giving it a squeeze.

               That evening Woohyun stayed with him, and he thought long and hard about the situation. Myungsoo still hadn't shown up, and he began to question if Myungsoo even cared anymore. At this rate if they continue there will just be endless arguments, and the older Myungsol get the harder it is to hide it from him.

               Myungsoo ran through the door, his face pale, and expression grimed.

               "Sungyeol..." Myungsoo's voice trembled as he came over to Sungyeol. Sungyeol tried best to hold his tears in, but his body never listens to him anyways. Before he could come over to Sungyeol the raven haired young man received a hard punch to the face from Woohyun.

               "What the heck is your problem?" Myungsoo yelled not knowing what had caused Woohyun to be so angry to punch him that way.

               "WHERE THE WERE YOU!? WE CALLED AND CALLED YOU !" Woohyun said angrily. " WHAT'S MY PROBLEM? WHAT'S MY PROBLEM!? MY PROMBLEM IS WHERE THE WERE YOU WHEN HE NEEDED YOU MOST!?"

               "Hyung...please...stop fighting...I'm so tired..." Sungyeol said weakly tears still fell from his eyes.

               "DO...do you even know what's going on?" Woohyun sighed deeply asking Myungsoo. Myungsoo gave him a confused stare.

               "Wae...is...is he sick somewhere?!.." He said with worry.

               "NO, he's not sick...he just had a miscarriage that's all." Woohyun said bluntly.

               Hearing his hyung's words, it broke Myungsoo's heart. He went over to Sungyeol and pulled the younger into a hug, his own tears falling now.

               "I'm sooo sorry...baby."

                Sungyeol sobbed into Myungsoo's torso and muffled of words could be heard. After a few minutes Sungyeol seem to have calm down, his eyes lost its spark, as the younger man uttered words that stabbed into Myungsoo's heart. Little did he know that Sungyeol's own heart was broken too.  

               "Myung-ah...let's divorce..."

               Even Woohyun was surprise at his sudden words. He stared at Sungyeol in shock.

               "...Sungyeol...you...have a fever you don't mean that." Woohyun said questioning his dongseng's words.

               Myungsoo remain silent, his body was frozen.

"Yah! You, say something to calm him down..." Woohyun nudged at Myungsoo's side in desperation for the two.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

               Myungsol looked up at his father from the swings in question.

               "Appa! What's wrong? Why are you frowning...?" The little boy pouted.

               "Nothing, baby..." Myungsoo said giving his son a weak smile. There was a few moments of silence until Myungsol spoke up.

               "Umma doesn't just love Sol, he loves you too Appa, don't be sad."