Ch. 20 Warm Surprises

Bonds & Destiny

Ch. 20 Warm Surprises

 

         Myungsoo gotten up earlier than usual that morning. He had it all planned out the night before, and now the only thing left to do was to get Sungyeol out of the house. Since the baby news was announced Myungsoo has secretly been working in the garage building the baby's crib, and passing it off as fixing some storage cabinets for his camera equipments. Of course he knew Sungyeol being pregnant wouldn't step foot into their messy garage so the excuse was plausible.

 

        Myungsoo now needed Sungyeol to be away for a few hours so he could set up.

 

          But how? How to get Sungyeol to leave the house?

 

         He had texted Woohyun for help because it just wasn't polite to call at such early hour, considering the fact that Woohyun’s lover was already back late by last night, and they probably had some nightly activities to wore them out; activities that Myungsoo would much rather not think about because it would really disturbed him knowing that spouse's best friend was doing things with the Principal of his son's elementary school. And, he had doubts they would wake before noon anyways. He texted twice.

    

         Regardless, he waited.

 

          Time was sacred, and he couldn't spare wasting it with more waiting, so he did the next best thing; something that he wouldn't normally consider if not out of desperation.  The raven haired man pulled up his phone, fingers hovered over familiar four letter words of a person's name; he gave a few more seconds of thoughts before dialing.

 

        "Hoya let's talk." He says simply over the phone.

 

        It wasn't exactly the best time; nor the proper occasion to have the talk, however for the sake of all of their futures, the two men agreed that it was necessary that they get over whatever personal issues they had against each other.

 

They sat face to face across from one another at a booth in the local diner near Myungsoo's house. In some odd ways they both agreed to meet for breakfast; with awkwardness clouding like thick fog between.

 

        It was a good thing Sungyeol needed to sleep a lot during his pregnancy,  so he wasn't aware of Myungsoo's temporary disappearance.

 

        "Start." Hoya orders shortly breaking the silence between them.

 

        "Don't look at me like that. I called you out for a good reason." Myungsoo clarified.

 

        "Okay, then go on tell me."

 

        "I can't believe I'm saying this..., but I need you take Sungyeol out...." As Myungsoo uttered out those words, he wasn't too surprised at Hoya's sudden change of expression.  

 

    “What?”

 

        Hoya almost thought he heard wrong, but he didn’t; and he had to recheck the other man’s expression twice to make sure he heard things right.

 

        “Last I checked  you never wanted me to go near Sungyeol not even with a ten foot pole.” Hoya corrects.

 

             "I don't but I'm desperate and Woohyun isn't available; But besides that I also think,... I want to change for Sungyeol. And for starters; to be better person for Sungyeol, to be able to get over this possessive side when it comes to Sungyeol, I want to clear things between us first. " Myungsoo tried to explain in one breath but found himself pausing for air in-between speech. " I don't want history to repeat itself, I don't want to turn back into that crazy jealous person I was five years ago, and hurt him, or  just hold everything in while inside until boiling point, and take things out on him. I want to change, and to do that I have to make things clear between us once and for all."

 

             There was a deep pending silence between the two, before Myungsoo began again.

 

         " I admit I don't like you, and I know you aren't fond of me either,  but you know what? Whether we like it or not were both significant in Sungyeol's life...and I love him. I know, besides me, besides Myungsol, he also needs his best friends too."

 

        Hoya looks down sadly as Myungsoo uttered the last few words. After what he did to Sungyeol, it was hard to forgive himself, yet the other kindly forgave him despite everything; he had endangered the brunette and almost hurt their baby because of his momentary aggression. And, here with Myungsoo he hadn't expected the other male's forgiveness either.  

 

        "I don't know." Hoya manages to say, trying to make some sense of the situation.

 

        "All I'm saying is, be his friend again," the raven haired man stressed on the words friend causing Hoya to give out a light chuckle in midst seriousness. " I'm not saying this for your sake, or so you forgive yourself, it's just for the sake of everybody's future, so we all can move past this for good. I really want to make our marriage work, and you know well that Sungyeol and I belong together, Hoya. But, I also know, no...I also understand more now that he needs trusted friends in his life too. He doesn't have many friends he can trust besides Woohyun, and you."

 

        "..." Hoya remain silent in taking each of Myungsoo's words.

 

         "As much as how I hated it,...you know, your involvement in Sungyeol's life and how he relied on you in my absence...you did truly helped him when he needed it. I hate admitting it, but it's true, and that's why I can't truly hate you."

 

         " I don't know what to say, honestly I not sure if I'm dreaming." Hoya states in mid surprise at Myungsoo's speech. "Myungsoo, what I did... I'm quite ashamed, I mean ... I knew he still loved you, I knew I should care for him in ways that I shouldn't expect anything in return, but I did, the good things I did... when I think deeply about it; I did it with intentions; as much as I deny I can't run away from fact that I let my anger out and almost,... no he was hurt because of me..."

 

        "Sungyeol doesn't blame you ...you know, plus if he and ....even I can forgive that, then you should forgive yourself."

 

        With Myungsoo's words Hoya had the courage to finally look up. He saw that the former rival has extended a hand before him. Slowly, but firmly shook his hand as he in took a deep breath before letting out a large sigh of relief. It was as if a huge weight had lifted off his chest.

 

        "So...what was the other thing of inquiry that you so earnestly wanted to talk to me about that you had to call me early in the morning?"

 

        " I need you to distract Sungyeol." Myungsoo's expression became somewhat more business, and quite amusing, " I need you to take Sungyeol out of the house for half the day at least."

 

        "Wow,...You're just full of surprises today. First you approve our friendship, now you want me to take Sungyeol out? Really, are you ok? Did you injure your head somewhere? "


 

        Surely Hoya wasn't the only one surprised at Myungsoo's behavior.

 

          When he woke, he found his husband hovering over him at the bedside. Myungsoo was trying wake him up gently by planting small kisses on his neck, face, and anywhere else the older man found adorable. Sungyeol laced his arms around Myungsoo's neck and smiling back at him brightly before kissing him lightly on the lips as a morning greeting.

  

        "Rise and shine sleeping beauty!" Myungsoo teased gently, causing Sungyeol to pout at him.

     

       "What sleeping beauty? I have a 5 year old kid and also very pregnant with a second one." The taller rolled his eyes at his cheesy husband. He almost felt embarrassed being address by that name.

 

         "Heh, don't be like that. Sleepy beauty is always sleeping beauty even with ten kids,...but that's only true with my sleeping beauty; not anyone else's." Myungsoo reasoned causing Sungyeol to laugh out loud this time.

 

         "Gross! Since when did you have such sly talking mouth, I have to go tell that Woohyun to stop influencing you with his grease." Sungyeol says to him giving him a few pokes on the shoulders. Myungsoo moves in further pulling Sungyeol in closer.  

 

        His eyes stared up at Myungsoo's form. Some days he felt just so happy that often times he felt as if it was a dream. And moments like these with Myungsoo almost seemed surreal, and Sungyeol prayed things will stay this way.

 

        "Well now my sleeping beauty should get up. Dr. Jang says you should exercise regularly for your health and the baby's, so we need to get you out of the house."

 

        " Hmmm... but I'm hungry..."

 

        " Don't worry I arranged a personal chauffeur and we have plans for you,come on get up." Myungsoo orders pulling Sungyeol up gently, and giving the baby a few rubs as a good morning gesture.

 

         "Hmmm...let Daddy feel how big our baby girl is today?" Myungsoo said while placing his two hands on either side of Sungyeol's stomach.

 

         Sungyeol felt the baby kicked a few times in response to her Appa's touch. This had been the usual case; as the baby grew, she became much more responsive especially when Myungsoo tries to communicate with her.

 

         Sungyeol was surprised to finding one of his best friends sitting casually in their living room looking through one of the sports magazines they have laying around the living room. He thought he was seeing things early in the morning because no way on God's green Earth would Myungsoo let Hoya in their house willingly, without at least ranting for a few hours about it first.

 

         "Morning!"

    

         Hoya gave him a quick wave and a smile.

 

         "Hoya, I don't mean to be rude, but what are you doing here?"

 

        "I called him over. " Myungsoo cuts in casually, pulling up some plates of food he already prepared while Sungyeol had slept onto the counter.

 

         "Yep, we met up. Talked, so now I'm here Yeol." Hoya answers simply.

 

         "Questions later, it's breakfast time and there's big plans for you." Myungsoo rushed on leading Sungyeol towards the barstools to the counter.

 

         "Plans? ....Myungsoo are you OK today? Why are you guys....civilized." Sungyeol's statement caused both Myungsoo and Hoya to chuckle loudly despite neither of them giving a proper explanation.  

 

        "You'll see babe." Myungsoo answers the back of Sungyeol's head softly.

 

        Sungyeol decided to just go along with whatever the other two were planning, because plainly he was just too hungry to care.

 

       One hour later Sungyeol found himself being rushed out the doors; he barely put some shoes on.

 

        " Dr. Jang said exercise is very important, so go on your walk," Myungsoo says hastily motioning Sungyeol outside.

 

        "B..but..."

    

        "I'm really sorry baby, I would go with you, but I have sudden deadlines to submit to my clients, just go without me. Say hi to Woohyun for me if you guys decides to stop by the cafe. And don't worry a thing, I'll watch our Myungsol. Go enjoy today!"

   

         As soon as Sungyeol was out the doors little  Myungsol creeped through from the frame of the hallway and tip toeing towards his Daddy.

 

        "Is he gone? " the little boys asks his father in whispered baby voice.

 

         "Yes, Pali pali!" Myungsoo waves for his son to come with as the two make their way through the door to their garage.

     

         Myungsoo grabs the toolbox, rollers, brush, and many other equipments from the shed; Myungsol helped with the light stuff, and the pair of father and son prepared to start on their surprise project.  Myungsol dubbed it "Operation Dongsaeng".


 

        "Thanks for going along with him," Sungyeol said breaking the silence in the car making Hoya body subtly stiffen up.

 

         "W...what do you mean?"

 

       Sungyeol let out a small giggle.

 

        "Myungsoo..., he's really obvious sometimes. He's probably planning some kind of surprise back at home right now, and probably got Myungsol all excitedly going along with it."

 

        "How do you even know?"

 

         "I know."

 

         Hoya gave him a horrid expression, before turning his eyes back on the road.  Had he not been driving his stare of horror would have lasted longer.  

    

       "You know, sometimes you're just scary."

    

    It was a nice day, Sungyeol could feel the cool breeze on his skin, and warm sunlight touching his skin. Hoya was quiet, it took some getting use to after all the things they went through, and inside he wished things didn’t feel so awkward between them, and that they can just be good friends like before.

 

    Sungyeol really wished he could tell Hoya that he sympathize with him, but one it really was not his place to say, and two he really doesn’t know what his friend is going through since Sungyeol isn’t the one whose struck with one sided love adding one some guilt as well. Some part of the other man’s problems sort of stemmed from him, or at least he somewhat felt responsible.

 

    The taller male let out a sigh as he watches his friend walking along the sigh, face in deep thoughts. He silently prayed for some kind of miracle that could fix their friendship.

 

    From the background Sungyeol could hear a distant yelping noise ringing louder and louder towards their direction with the voice of someone yelling out. The moment was too quick to comprehend, until it came straight for him and his friend like a whirlwind. Hoya almost lost balance, while Sungyeol found himself backing away slowly hands guarding his stomach.

 

    “Ye..ye..down boy down!” Hoya tries with all efforts but failing miserably at controling the overly hyperactive creature.

 

    “Nurungie! Down boy, down!” A soft smooth voice calls out. The small figure ran towards them, and an apologetic smile. The person pulled the pup who was clinging onto Hoya’s leg off. The man gave Hoya a bow with another smile in apology. Hoya who looked utterly distraught the moment earlier was now staring back at the dog owner.

 

    “Doctor Jang!’ Sungyeol calls out pointing at the familiar man, “What are you doing here?”

 

    “Sungyeol!” Dongwoo smiles cheerfully.” I can’t believe I meet you here! Well you look good since last time I saw you, well...last time you looked good also, but you know today even better. How is the little one?”

 

    “Great” Sungyeol answers. “ How about you? I mean didn’t think I see you here considering your clinic is quite far from this park.”

 

    “Oh! I’m volunteering right now. I volunteer at a shelter around here, and currently we’re taking the pups on walks, as well has holding an event at the other end of the park. You’re welcome to come join. Theres free lunch in store” The Doctor says cheerfully.

 

    “Sure! Oh, wait...Hoya you don’t mind if we…” Sungyeol stops mid sentence when he look towards his friend, whom now still stuck in awe staring at Sungyeol’s doctor. “Hoya….”

 

    “...”

 

    “Is he alright?” Dongwoo questions quizzically waving a hand to the other man. Nurungie barked excitedly at the three people standing around. “ Oh! This little guy seem to like your friend Sungyeol.”

 

    That gave Sungyeol an idea; a wonderful idea.

 

    “Dr. Jang, you say you’re helping a shelter right now?”

 

    “Yes. And you’re welcome to join! These little guys all need homes, so we’re trying to get some public notice at the gathering to find them potential owners. Come on, come join; Maybe you guys might be interested.” Dongwoo says enthusiastically motioning for them to follow him.

    

    “I’m sure we will be, I’m sure my friend here will be very interested?” Sungyeol replies quickly grabbing hold of Hoya’s wrist dragging him along. “Come one Hoya, you really should adopt one of these little guys.”

 

    “B..But Yeol…”

 

    The dog barked playfully wagging its tails and ran in circles around Hoya’s feet, occasionally jumping up to grab the man’s attention.

 

    “See, the little guy likes you.” Sungyeol encouraged before turning to Dongwoo. “Oh by the way...Dr. Jang, this here is one of my best friends Lee Howon.”

 

    “Howon? Nice to meet you Howon-shii.” Dongwoo says cheerfully giving out a hand.

 

    “H..Hoya, just. Hoya...is ok.” The other man replies. He usually doesn’t stutter, perhaps it was the shock of the pup coming at him, or perhaps the hot sun was getting to his brain, whatever it was the unnatural forces was messing with his brain, and he found himself tongue tied in front of this captivating man.

 

    

    Sungyeol smirked between the two men before him. It's been a long time since he ever seen Hoya ever stumble one each sentence, or even look at all nervous; heck, he wasn't even like that around Sungyeol even in high school days. The other male always held himself well in front of people.

 

          What started as a morning walk, turned into hours spent at the public dog show charity, Sungyeol's feet was already killing him, and it was almost dinner time. He wanted to go home, but he didn't want to be rain on the lovebird's parade (or rather they can potentially be lovebirds.) Something in Sungyeol told him that they would work, he just needed to provide more opportunities for the two to meet more often.

 

          By the time the charity ended Hoya was walking to the car with Nurungie in arms. Sungyeol made an excuse of being unfit to carry anything major, so he insisted on asking Dongwoo for help in helping his friend and him carry the new doggie supplies to their car. Dr. Jang being the kind man that he was complied to the request with a smile.

 

         "Say Dr. Jang you said you carpooled with a fellow volunteer to get here didn't you?"

 

          "Yes, I did."

 

         " You don't happen to need a ride back do you? " Sungyeol pressed. "Hoya can we drive Dr. Jang back?"

 

          The question threw Hoya off for a moment.

 

         "Yes, sure. Of course that won't be a problem."

 

         The moment the three of them got in the car, Sungyeol made it a point that Hoya take him home first. Unbeknownst to the other two Sungyeol really wanted an opportunity to let his friend spend more time with Dr. Jang, and possibly developing something out of it. The he saw sparks in their eyes when they look at each other, and swears his intuition couldn't be wrong.

 

       Before Sungyeol exited Hoya’s car he gave one last look and a wink to the driver signaling him to embrace the opportunity that has befallen on him. The tall male received a puzzling stare from Hoya, but it was evidence of redness appeared on the other man’s ears.

 

    

    

    Myungsoo held their son in arms waiting patiently by the door. Five minutes earlier he got a call from Hoya notifying that he had just dropped Sungyeol off, and now his spouse was probably making way into their house. Myungsol had helped him put up the last of the decorations and was now getting antsy as he wait for “Eomma” to come into the house any second now.

 

    “Eomma!!!” Their baby squeaked waving his arms in the moment the doors open. Sungyeol eyes widen at the sudden loud sound coming from his child.

 

    “Baby you miss me that much?”

 

    “Emmhmm” Myungsol nods making his way down from Myungsoo’s hold, while Myungsoo simply smiles at them.

 

    “We have a surprise for you. Come here.” Myungsoo says pulling Sungyeol to him and leading him into the bedroom.

 

    Sungyeol had expected some kind of strange surprise from Myungsoo, but this one wasn’t anticipated. He felt moved at the amount of efforted that presents itself in front of him, from the gorgeous (light pink) baby’s crib that had Myungsoo’s fine craftsmanship on it; to the little toys, and decorations his husband and child had set up in the hours he had been out.

 

    “What do you think?”

 

He turns to Myungsoo whose eyes stared back expectantly at him. Sungyeol felt overwhelmed, and almost teary. Everything was too real, despite all these months of them expecting the baby; but the fact that everything now was set up.

 

Sungyeol found his arms wrapping around Myungsoo’s neck and face muffled over the other man’s chest. He was too choked up for words.

 

“Thank you, thank you...so much.” His hold became tighter and giving Myungsoo several pecks on the lips. Myungsoo also tightens his hold on Sungyeol while returning the kisses with twice the intensity.  

 

“I love you.”  

 

They felt Myungsol squeezing in between them also wanting to join in on his parents’ hug. This cause Sungyeol to laugh and hold his arms pulling Myungsol up.

 

After a few moments before Sungyeol could even explore the proximity of the newly arranged children’s room, and after they all had settled down; Myungsoo pulled him in again for another hug. His eyes shined as he stared at Sungyeol, but his face changed to a more serious expression; seemingly still having unprofessed feelings. Sungyeol notices Myungsoo biting down on his low lips nervously as he took his hands and held it close to his chest.

 

“Sungyeol ah…Please, marry me again.” Myungsoo said softly.

 

Sungyeol didn’t understand. Myungsoo and him were together all this time, and still it didn’t hit him that something as simple as this would affect Myungsoo. Of course, he was immensely happy over Myungsoo’s confession, but he didn’t expected making things official held such great importance to Myungsoo. It was just as important to Sungyeol, but he didn’t feel like it mattered since they’re together.

 

His heart was beating at an irregular pace now that Myungsoo’s words finally sinking itself into his head, and he found himself breathing nervously.

 

Myungsoo was just as nervous; mostly at Sungyeol’s silence. He didn’t know what to make of it. He pressed his lips together, a bit dejectedly. Perhaps he had rushed things, or perhaps from the start they had done things backwards before Sungyeol was even having the second baby. Doubts was surely clouding Myungsoo’s mind as seconds flew by in silence.

 

“Yes! Of course I would!” Sungyeol’s voice sounded clear as crystals inside Myungsoo’s head. He was beaming. Sungyeol leans in to give Myungsoo a deep kiss. He didn't want to pull away, but settled on resting his forehead against Myungsoo's.

 

“I...I promise I’ll make you happy! This time around, I promise Sungyeol.” Myungsoo's words came out almost in uttered whispers.

 

“Myungsoo...you’ve always made me happy.”

 

“No, really I will give you everything. I won’t ever let you go again.”

 

“I know Myungsoo.”


 

    

 

    

 

 

    

 

    

    AN: Surprise! Update !!! Hope the fluffiness will lighten your hearts. I actually was writing this chapter here and there at different days for the past few weeks. Please leave me comments to tell me what you think. Thank you for always waiting. I hope to give you more updates and stories sooner. Thank you so much for reading ! <3 Have a wonderful week, and HAPPY INFINITE STREAMING!!! Please do stream!!! AND WATCH #BAD #INFINITE_Reality

 

AS WELL AS HAPPY INFINITE COMEBACK! Our boys always BEST <3