Ch. 14 Fear and Doubts

Bonds & Destiny

Bonds & Destiny Ch. 14

               Fears and Doubts

 

              

               "Eeoomma...wae... are you ok?" Myungsol pouted walking through the room to find Sungyeol still in bed.

               The brunette was curled up in the blankets, his face flushed of its complexion, and his body feeling cold. Sungyeol sometimes had a lot of pain, and this was one of those time when he was feeling it, but he didn't want to worry Myungsol, so he kept it in.

               "It's ok baby. I'm ok. Mommy just so sleepy today..." Sungyeol said weakly to his son trying not to concern the boy further.

               He reached out a hand to Myungsol and the little boy's hair. Myungsol approached Sungyeol and gave him a tight hug before getting into bed and laying down next to his Umma. Myungsol scooted in closer to Sungyeol and wrapped his little body around Sungyeol's torso warming him. The child rubbed his face on Sungyeol's stomach. Sungyeol couldn't help but smile at the little boy's gesture. Myungsol was very much like his father, in that he also gave Sungyeol a lot of comfort in his actions.

                Sungyeol was 3 months in and on top of morning sickness there were a few other complications. His mood wasn't good and so was his body. He was also very scared that something would happen to the baby, and the thoughts constantly gave him nightmares. Doctors have said that since after his first pregnancy he wasn't exactly healthy, and he needed to be extra careful with the baby.

               "Eeomma...will you be ok?" Myungsol asks, " Will...dongseang be ok?"

               "Of course baby...Now, just go to sleep..." Sungyeol said reassuringly to his son even though inside he felt really scared. Sungyeol his hand along Myungsol's back rocking the boy to sleep, but he suddenly misses Myungsoo a whole lot.

               Woohyun was an understanding boss, and a good friend so he gave Sungyeol maternity leave. If Sungyeol felt well he could come in anytime to work. Myungsoo's new job made their financial status more stable.

               Myungsoo entered his quiet home and made his way to the bedroom. He found Sungyeol laying under a heap of blankets with Myungsol tucked in warmly next to the brunette's belly. At first Myungsoo didn't notice anything out of the ordinary as he turn to change out of his work clothes.

               Sounds of sniffling reached his ears making the older man turn around. He found Sungyeol's body shaking under the blankets and the brunette was rubbing his eyes. Myungsoo notices that his wife wasn't asleep at all, on top of that the other didn't look well at all, Sungyeol was pale, he was shaking, and Myungsoo noticed that he's been crying. Making his way over to the bed, Myungsoo caressed Sungyeol's face.

               "Babe? What's wrong...?" Myungsoo questioned.

               "Myungsoo-ah... I'm scared...I feel so sick...and...I'm scared I might lose the baby again...I don't want to lose the baby..." Sungyeol confessed his body really shaken up by now. More tears fell down as he spoke . Upon hearing his words Myungsoo quickly came closer to Sungyeol. The older man leaned in and hugged Sungyeol his back gently.

               Flashback:            

               Sungyeol waited for the doctor to speak. The older man studied his health records slowly eyes scanning Sungyeol's medical report up and down. He then looked at Sungyeol with a sigh escaping his mouth before he began to speak.

               "I'm sorry Sungyeol-shii because of your previous miscarriage it might be hard on you this time around. Since the very first pregnancy you had carrying your son also weakened your health. You have to be very careful with this one. If you can keep your health at an exellent level during the first few months it should be ok from then. Just remember to not over work, or stress out. Any mishap and you could lose the baby again. Oh and I hope you have told your husband about your condition already?" The doctor instructed.

              

               "I'm here baby...it's not going to be like last time...I won't leave you alone anymore ok?" Myungsoo promised as he the younger's back. It hurts Myungsoo to see Sungyeol hurting. Sungyeol felt a little better as Myungsoo's warm hand his back.

               "...Myungsoo...please don't leave me...if...I can't have the baby..." Sungyeol innocently asked making Myungsoo heart melt.

               "Sungyeol-ah...I love you so much, you don't even know...even...if you're not pregnant I wouldn't think for a second about leaving. Not ever." Myungsoo said seriously. He knew Sungyeol wasn't feeling like his usual self, and the younger was extra sensitive due to his pregnancy, but regardless he meant every word of it to Sungyeol.

               "...The doctor said...my health isn't well enough to carry the baby..." Sungyeol cried. " ...but...if I can keep it up for a few more months I think it'll be ok...but...right now...I feel sick...and my body hurts... I so weak....I'm so sorry...Yeobo..."

               "Baby, it's not your fault at all." Myungsoo said wiping away Sungyeol's teary face. " Shhh...it's ok..don't think about any of that right now."

               "Myungsoo-ah...I don't want to lose the baby..." Sungyeol cried holding onto Myungsoo's hand desperately. Myungsoo felt himself getting teary, but held his ground. He needed to stay strong. He pulled Sungyeol into a tighter hug.

               "I won't let anything happen to you." Myungsoo said holding onto his wife until Sungyeol fell asleep in his arms.

               Myungsoo knew Sungyeol was extra sensitive due to his pregnancy, and it caused the younger male to have a lot of doubts and insecurities. What concerned Myungsoo most was Sungyeol's health physically as well. His pain usually caused him to be extra concern about their unborn child, and hurt Myungsoo that he couldn't physically do much for Sungyeol. He hope he could at least help him emotionally.

               Myungsoo had no choice but to ask his mother-in-law or Woohyun to come by to take care of Sungyeol while he was away at work. He had promised Sungyeol to not leave him alone, and this was the only option he could think of, after all they still had bills to pay. Myungsoo promised to himself that he will try to get home early.

               "Sungyeol-ah just stay home and rest up ok? I'll be back soon. I call to check up on you at lunch ok?" Myungsoo instructed taking Myungsol by the hand as the two head off. He also was dropping of Myungsol at school. Before leaving Myungsoo kissed his wife on the head.

               "Bye Yeobo." Sungyeol said quietly then leaning down to kiss Myungsol on the cheek, "Be good at school baby"

               "Yes Eeomma." Myungsol nodded before getting on tippy toe and kissing Sungyeol's stomach, "Be good little sibling! Don't give Eeomma too much trouble ok?"

 

               The doorbell rang thirty minutes after Myungsoo left with their son. Sungyeol slowly made his way to the door. He as greeted with a familiar smile.

               "Hoya...What are you doing here?"