Ch. 1 Weekends With Appa

Bonds & Destiny

Bonds & Destiny ch1.

Weekends With Appa.

 

               Sungyeol peered into the bedroom looking for his son. He had finished packing the five and a half years old's necessity for his trip. The tall man stop to check if he remembered to pack Myungsol's favorite cookies.

               "Baby, are you done? Appa is gonna come get you soon." He called out into the room. The child was digging in the closet for something. "Baby?....Myungsol? Are you ready? Umma packed everything in your black luggage already."

               "Wait...eOmMa..." A small voice peeped out from the closet.

               "What are you looking for? Appa is gonna be here soon. He just called five minutes ago." Sungyeol nagged his son.

               "My camera, my camera! I want to take lots of pictures to show Eeomma when I get back!" The five years old said happily finally digging out a mini camera his father had bought him for his birthday. Sungyeol went to straighten up his son's clothes, and buttoning the little boy's black coat.

               "Remember to behave when you're with Appa ok? Don't give him too much troubles." Sungyeol reminded his son. " And don't be a picky eater ok? And keep warm ok? It's already winter time."

               The little boy nodded lazily with half closed eyes. He heard this all too many times already. Sungyeol stop to take a look at his boy and kissed him on the cheeks.

               "Umma will miss you so much." He said gently staring at his son.

               "Why can't Eomma come with us!" Myungsol whined. " I want Eeomma to come!"

               Sungyeol shook his head at his son, his eyes became a little sad. The boy pouted more when he didn't receive a reply from Sungyeol. On queue the doorbell rang. Taking Myungsol's hand, Sungyeol lead him to the door.

               "Myungsoo." Sungyeol nodded in greeting the older man in all black at the front door. There was already thick tension in the air.

               "Sungyeol." Myungsoo greeted back coldly.

               "APPA!!!" Their little boy chirped up jumping into his father's arms.

               "My little Myungsol!!" Myungsoo greeted the little boy with glee, and picking him up and pulling him into his arms. " How's my little man doing?" He smiled at his boy, giving him a peck on the cheek before taking an awkward look at Sungyeol. Sungyeol handed him Myungsol's small black suitcase.

               "A..Alright...we'll be heading off now." Myungsoo said with small hint of linger in his voice , and taking his son's luggage and backpack from Sungyeol.

               "..Y..yeh.."Sungyeol said awkwardly to his Ex-husband."..W..wait...be careful...ok."

               Myungsoo took a deep breath before staring back at Sungyeol. "...You don't trust me?" he sounded a little offended. Sungyeol shook his head.

               "...That..that's not what I meant..." Sungyeol said in defense.

               "Alright...I'll be going...you... take care too." Myungsoo said in a low voice before heading towards the car with Myungsol in his arms.

               "Bye bye Eeomma! Myungsol loves youuu!" Myungsol called out to his mother, waving at Sungyeol.

 

               Myungsoo heard the door close softly, and sighed to himself. He screwed up again, he knew Sungyeol meant well but couldn't bury his pride away, nor his fiery offense. He knew Sungyeol wanted to wish them both safety on their trip, but he couldn't help but jump to conclusions again. It was always like that. There was always some kind of miscommunication mainly due to Myungsoo's lack of sense.

               Myungsoo placed his son in the booster seat and buckled him up before going to the driver's side. He ruffled his son's hair with a smile.

               "Ready to go little buddy?" He smiled at the little boy.

               "YEP!" Myungsol cheered. "But...I wish Eomma can come with us...Eomma will be so lonely without us..." the little boy pouted. This made Myungsoo frown a little, not because he didn't want Sungyeol to come, but things were more complicated between them now. Deep down he wished things would've been different between them. Sometimes certain things that's done or said can't be taken back. Myungsoo sighed once more thinking about Sungyeol, he knew Sungyeol well, he's probably moping alone right now. He knew Sungyeol didn't like to be alone because he get lonely easily.

               Flashback:

               "Yeobo...you really have to go on that trip for three nights?...Waeee..." Sungyeol whined. Myungsoo chuckled at his new bride's cuteness.

               "Don't be like that babe, work is work! Plus if I finish up sooner I'll be home in no time." He said kissing Sungyeol's head. " I promise I'll call"

               But Myungsoo didn't call, he was caught up with work and never had to time to call his young bride.

               They recently got married last month after Sungyeol graduated High School and Myungsoo was already leaving on a business trip. His company needed him to do some field photography in the countryside so the older man had to leave.

               When Myungsoo came home he found Sungyeol had gotten sick over the weekend. Even though he was only away for a period of three days, He knew that without him home Sungyeol doesn't like to take care of himself well. He would miss meals, and not take his vitamins properly. Sungyeol wasn't always healthy, so it made Myungsoo extra paranoid and guilty for leaving.

               "I'm back Yeolie!" Myungsoo called out coming close to him and his head.

               "Yeobo...*cough cough*...you were gone for so long..." Sungyeol whined from under the blankets.  

               "Aish...What do I do with you...it was only a three days trip." Myungsoo commented while internally smiling at his cute spouse, "What will you do if I go for longer?"

               "You CAN'T!" Sungyeol said in panic, "I'll die!"

               "Tsk tsk...ok ok...I promise I won't accept longer business trips." Myungsoo cooed. "I'm sorry for leaving you alone."

               The couple divorced a year and a half ago, and had took turns in taking care of their son. Sungyeol was the main guardian, but Myungsoo get to have his son in the weekends. Even their bitter divorce the pair tries their best to raise Myungsol together, that means both parents are quite active in the little boy's life, even though they don't all live together all the time. Myungsoo left their little house to Sungyeol, and lives by himself in the other side of town in an apartment by himself. He would visit Myungsol occasionally in the week, and mainly comes during weekend to pick his son up from his Ex's.

               Myungsoo sighed at the memories. It still hurt him a lot whenever he thought about the past. Looking over to his son eased his heart a little as he found the little boy had occupied himself by peering at the window and taking snapshots of the scenery. Myungsoo was grateful to Sungyeol for giving him such a lovely child.

               Sungyeol sighed in his empty house. It was already pretty empty with just him and Myungsol, but now that Myungsol had gone camping for the weekend with his father, it was worst. He was thankful that he had work later to keep his mind off of things. Sungyeol had always hated being alone. Because of their switch off Sungyeol doesn't work long hours on weekdays, but he often work on weekends since Myungsol usually is with his Dad for the weekends. He sigh deeply again looking at the picture of the three of them that still hang on the wall. He missed his son already, and deep down he really missed Myungsoo a lot too.