Entry :: {7}

Sora's Diary: A Twisted Tale of Love (Sequel)
 

"Sora's Diary: 

A Twisted Tale of Love"


 

Entry :: {7}

 

Taehyung tried out some mouth masks that he purchased online. Ryu came across the unsealed box and questioned the boy about it.

“Ryu, is this okay?” He put on his shades and the mouth mask of his choice.

“Well yeah, but where are you going? You didn’t tell me that you had plans.”

“Oh… Ryu, I have plans.”

Taehyung grinned widely and Ryu rolled his eyes on him. After Taehyung cleared the dining table that had the pile of his clothing on it, he adjusted every flaw that was in his way. Ryu noticed it. He gave no doubt that his date of the day would definitely involve the campus girl that he had just met.

“You haven’t even tell me what’s her family name, V!” Ryu yelled as the boy dashed into his room, seemingly late.

Taehyung wore his socks hastily as he jumped on one foot, struggling to maintain his balance.

“Kim!”

He got to the door and wore his shoes instantly. Ryu shook his head and called after his son to look after himself and return before dinner gets cold.

 

-

 

Kids were impatiently running around as they waited for the event to start. Sora was too busy preparing the goods as there were lack of manpower. Many of them then got things settled and she sighed out of relief to see the bags were all organised and they were good to go.

“Sohee-sshi, the guest-of-honour of the day couldn’t make it so we got another representative to take over him.”

Sora frowned a little as that meant a little more work to be done. “Okay sure, please inform me the name of the replacer. That way, we can change the titles as soon as possible.”

The volunteer scurried off to receive more details about the unexpected replacer. Just as they were getting a little busier, Sora heard her name being called melodically. She brushed the few locks of her hair behind her ears and glanced to see the person whom she invited.

“Sorry i’m late, I had a parcel to sign.” The guy panted.

Sora excused him and told him that it was just fine. The kids were a little of a distraction and as Taehyung asked what he could help out with, Sora told him to handle them for a moment. Although Taehyung hadn’t had experience with kids, he tried to entertain them.

They were pulling the tip of his mask and reaching for his shades but he’d run away from them if they got any closer. Sora laughed at the sight of him rounding about a huge tree as the kids trailed in circles behind him.

“You think it’s… fun? Run after that noona! She has chocolates in her pockets!” Sora could tell that he was about to go flat due to exhaustion. It had been only 20 minutes since she stationed him with the kids but he was close to fainting.

Before Sora could react fast, five kids were running towards her as they fell for Taehyung’s words. Those chocolate craving monsters now tackled her and she voluntarily sat on the floor to not hurt those that are pulling the hem of her dress.

Taehyung laughed heartily as he approached them while Sora was literally throwing him a death glare. He went over to them and picked up two of those petite kids, each in his arms.

“Just five minutes more V, I have to go through the set list.” She regrettably carried one of the kids off her lap and landed him on the ground.

“Oh okay, come over once you’re done.” Taehyung was hiding a smile that Sora couldn’t see.

“Kids, look who has chocolates in his pockets! …… Me!” He made an impersonation of a famous gagman and the kids looked thrilled once again, chasing after him. Sora tittered a laughter heartily. She didn’t know that he could be an easy-going person even with kids. After she went through the sketch board, the other helper from before came to enlighten her with the replacer’s details.

“It’s Royal Duo’s heir!” She yelled as she jogged up to her.

“Excuse me?” Sora choose to disregard the information that she had just received, hoping that it wouldn’t be true.

“Royal Duo’s heir and his fiance, Jung Daehyun and Shin Eunkyung.”

She buried her face into her palms, almost predicting that the day wouldn’t be as exciting as what she had expected it to be.

 

-

 

Daehyun stepped out of the car and saw the colourful site decorated with balloons and creative embellishments. Eunkyung got by his side and they walked down the honorary carpet as the medias snapped their pictures.

All Daehyun remembered was being blinded by the distracting flashes and now he was brought up on stage to make a short speech. His eyes crossed to the right to see some of the few anticipating the comeback of the Royal Duo’s family while some others were just waiting for the event to kickstart.

Daehyun introduced himself and his fiance briefly before talking about the importance of this charity fund raising event and also mentioning his anticipation to be there for the second time.

“And with that, thank you for your humble invitation, we shall be looking forward to the event and games that will kick start soon.” He bowed and Eunkyung followed after him. The audiences sent a round of applause to them and the volunteers led them to a foldable chair in view of the game ground.

Daehyun was reluctant that his face showed how bothered he had to be there. He had better things to do but people around him told him to take it as a time-out. He obviously deserved some break but it seems like he’s better off with work. Workloads help him to dissipate concerns for Sora and focus more on his goals in life.

He wanted to talk to her but he hadn’t had a chance to do so.

All he wanted to do is to discuss matters regarding them. It made him disheartened that she took their relationship to a breaking point. Daehyun was lost. He wanted to be with his love but at the same time, he couldn’t. He wanted to fight for his love but he couldn’t. He was a coward to not stand up this time as many bad consequences would come along with his audacity to speak up.

He sat there for a few good minutes till he realise the material of his pants was torn. He lost his focus on the event and eventually excused himself to the back basin as it bothered him too much.

Briskly sauntering over to the basin, he hid behind a pillar and examined the damaged pants warily. He wasn’t sure how to cover it up as it seems noticeable. Daehyun pinched the material and thought that he only needed a sewing kit to fix it.

Before he could straighten his posture, he heard a squeaky gasp.

“S…Sohee” He uttered, forgetting the concern that was bugging him earlier on.

Sora covered and her heels quickly. She bit her lower lip a little too hard that it stung her senses. Daehyun stepped forward and held her shoulder in a haste, causing his pants to tear up wider. The sound of it was rather obvious and Sora him to figure out if the sound was what she thought it’d be.

“Sohee, I…”

“Stay here, i’ll get the sewing kit.” She wasn’t even looking into his eyes but rather, the ground. Daehyun felt disappointed when they didn’t seem like lovers anymore. Even worse, cold strangers.

Sora immediately came back as promised. She brought the kit and suggested that he sits on a bench so that she could fix the problem easily. As he sat down, his eye contact was readily fixed on hers and they never left her features. It was too agonizing to be looking at one for so long but he never got the same favour back in return.

“Sohee.” He called out for her again.

Sora pretended not to hear him at all. She purposely delved her attention into his scrutiny and didn’t hope to negotiate any love issues with him. She was trying not to…

“Sohee, i’m talking to you.”

Daehyun felt as though his effort was futile and he may be Royal Duo’s potential leader but now he’s just nothing in Sora’s eyes. He felt humiliated in some sense. Daehyun threw her hands away and undo the needle that penetrated the skin of his lower clothing. Sora then looked at him with slight fear.

“Must I do this to get your attention?!”

Sora recovered from her kneeling position, in a move to leave him there; helpless.

But Daehyun stood up mid-way to retrieve her in his arm. He trapped her waist in his right arm and let Sora threw her temper on him. “Let me go!” She pushed him in all ways possible but Daehyun’s strength overtook hers overwhelmingly.

“Listen to me first, Sohee. That’s all I’m asking for, just listen to me.”

Before he knew it, Sora became composed, chest heaving heavily as anger and stress fused to manipulate her stubborn mind. There wasn’t any space between them as he pulled her body close to his. Due to his height, he could only see the tip of her head as the girl looked down, still refusing to meet his eyes.

“How have you been? I miss you so bad.”

Sora played with her tongue that poked her internal cheeks.

“Why are you behaving like this, Sohee? It’s been 2 years, we’re finally meeting again… Isn’t that something that we both wanted?”

“Look, if it’s about the necklace, I can explain that one but not now… We need to talk comfortably. Let’s set up a date to talk things over, Sohee. I can’t live on each day thinking about the hanging relationship we have here. I know that you still have feelings for me and I swear with the trees as witnesses, my feelings for you haven’t changed a bit. Many things happened and they are all so complicated… I wish I could talk about this with you, Sohee. I really do. Please, allow me to explain myself.”

As soon as he finished his words, Sora finally made an effort to look up.

“No matter how much you try to explain yourself, your fate still remains with her. Rather than we hope for a miracle to happen and breakdown at the last minute, it’s better if we break the ties now. I don’t want to make things harder for any one of us, Daehyun. If it weren’t for that damn necklace, I wouldn’t have realised how delusional I was. I’m done with us, Daehyun. You should do the same too.”

She pushed herself away from him but Daehyun guarded his strength, much firmer than before.

“In all honesty Sohee, i’m not giving up on you! We can work on our relationship if we talk about this together. I can’t be the only one pulling and you’re pushing me away. That’s not how we’re going to make it through. I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I lost it all when I was away. Work got too real and it scared me on how I had to risk this big responsibility just to fight for you. But now that i’m back and you’re here, finally close to me, I’m confident that we can work things out. Sohee, i’m just begging you to give me some time to explain myself. Please…”

Sora saw the scene for herself. She wasn’t exactly looking forward to his explanation since she couldn’t trust on whatever he’d be saying. Many insecure thoughts travelled in her mind. In 2 years, s could happen. The worst would be Daehyun reserving some feelings for Eunkyung. She was afraid if that actually happened. She wasn’t there to witness everything that occurred between them but even so, she refused to know. Her assumptions and the possible truth could make her hurt even more.

They were still in a tensed position before a kid came running towards them.

His small frame made it look as if he was going to trip over every pacing step he took. Sora was careful to catch him in her arms and Daehyun pretended like they weren’t in a suspicious position before.

“Why did you come here, honey?” Sora bounced him playfully and took as if Daehyun wasn’t there at all.

Stranger.  

“Noona, the funny ahjusshi pumped for us balloons and even bought Yesung a birthday cake! Noona’s boyfriend is looking for noona so that he can feed you the yummy cake!” He enthusiastically cheered and the sides of his mouth even had the mess of the cake that he had just ate.

Daehyun related the that Himchan told him as he thought that that part of the story was a lie...

 


 

(a/n): omg so........ what happened?!? hoho do comment on what you think of this chap/story!! (: