Entry :: {10}

Sora's Diary: A Twisted Tale of Love (Sequel)
 

"Sora's Diary: 

A Twisted Tale of Love"


 

Entry :: {10}

 

Sora awkwardly folded her arms, squeezing her lean body. Her luggage and bag pack were tugged so close to her, having little or no trust in the people around her.

“Year 3, Kim Chanhyuk present!”

“Year 3, Park Dohee here!”

“Year 3, Song Bohyung!”

Sora pushed her locks behind her ear and stared at the ground stiffly. It was a little off to be the only year 1 student there and not to mention, people could more or less give her a space of comfort because nobody dared to befriend the Welix Enterprise’s second daughter.

Things were different for Taehee back then. Sora’s twin was so carefree and she never had any problems with socialising. Where else things were different for Sora. That girl had been forced to cut all communications with school mates when Taehyung was around and that brought about the awful socialising skill that she possessed.

And now, it just so happens that Welix Enterprise has rose up to the 2nd most powerful leading company in the nation. It made Sora more unapproachable since people were afraid if any of their words will offend the daughter of the influential leaders. 

“Sohee? Year 1, Kim Sohee of Tourism and Management?”

“Uh here…” She raised her hand hesitantly then sulked once again, looking rather pitiful as she had no peers to talk or joke around with.

Two of the students from a clique of five shyly approached Sora and offered their two packets of snacks formally. She’s treated with respect wherever she’s at and it sort of burdened her as she never liked being more superior than the others. Sora’s a strong supporter of equality and to be seeing how people would stoop their heads to give her a slight bow saddened her.

People were in groups of their own and Sora was deserted alone although some of her seniors wished they could casually drag her into the conversations they were through.

“Okay kids, listen up. Leave your luggage here, take one boarding pass from me and neatly arrange yourself in twos so that we can check ourselves in smoothly. We’ll do a row call once we’ve all entered there and you all shall be given a graze period of 2 hours since our flight will depart at 7pm.”

The students echoed a ‘yes’ and they began to follow the teacher’s instruction.

Once they were in and after they were done with the row call, Sora heaved a sigh of relief since she no longer had to stick around in the air of awkwardness. They dispersed and she strolled on her own to meet the love of her life.

Oh donuts.

Sora’s beaming face was impossible to be wiped off when she saw the many treaties in the glass display. If only she could buy all of them shamelessly, she would. She calculated in her mind that she’d buy only two as for now and another two more in the next hour.

“One chocolate caramel and…… this vanilla flag donut please.” Sora unconsciously her lips as she continued to eye on the other well-dressed donuts. She bent her back to see what laid on the lowest display then she felt a finger poking her arm.

“V?” Her head turned to face him.

Taehyung smirked behind his newly bought anchor theme mouth mask then pressed the plastic containing donuts towards her.

“Oh… Okay wait, I’ll pay for them first.”

She returned back to the cashier but then Taehyung wrapped his grip around her arm that fitted nicely. He dragged her gently to a table for two. Placing the donuts that she chose and the drinks that he bought on the table, he took a seat after her. “I need to pay…” She was clueless as she looked at the faceless man in front of her.

“You’re welcome.” He sarcastically replied. Sora then realised that he paid for them and quickly took out her purse to pay him back. But Taehyung refused to take the money as he folded his arms. “Keep your money to buy some pencils later. You need it for school.” He teased. Sora clicked her tongue and pretended to show some dissatisfaction at his mocking.

“How did you find me here?”

“Maybe you forgot, you told me that the first thing you’d do is to visit anywhere with donuts on display upon arrival.”

Sora wasn’t expecting him to be here though, she was just too famished at that point of time and needed just any kind of food to bite on. She could’ve had eaten the snacks that her seniors had given her but she had an option to go for a better choice of food anyway, so she kept that for later.

“Anyway, i’m supposed to be meeting your teachers now. Eat these, don’t board the plane with an empty stomach.” He straddled the straps of his bag over his shoulders and ticked a sign of salutation at her. Sora flattered the moment he walked away.

She had a plan in mind to bark at him the moment they meet since she would’ve preferred it if he hadn’t nominated her for the trip. But the moment they met, it made her flustered how she couldn’t open to speak first. She’d just stutter and blink her eyes rapidly every time he said something.

What about V that made her so shy?

Sora unwrapped the plastic that hid the donuts inside. She ate it comfortably as no one was there to see the sugar-coated donut making a mess at the corners of her lips and a little on the surface of her cheeks.

 

-

 

Eunkyung removed the shades she was wearing then hooked the temple of it onto the tank top she was wearing. She eyed on the many donuts that were on display and chose one that captured her sense of satiety.

“I’ll have a cup of warm cappuccino please.” She smiled at the grumpy old staff that was behind the counter. The elder’s mood got better at the youthful smile that she received and willingly worked on her order. Eunkyung swayed her body and bobbed her head to the pop music that she was fond of. She didn’t mind the stares that laid on her. She just wanted to live to the fullest.

As she looked to her left and right, she noticed a familiar back figure that she could guess.

She picked up the order after it was done and walked towards the lonely person. Eunkyung casually sat in the opposite seat. The person looked up at the unexpected guest, shocked at the coincidence.

“Annyeong, Sohee-sshi.” Eunkyung showed her signature smile that could play a part into changing someone’s mood drastically.

Sora lowered her head a little, to show her least sign of respect towards the older woman.

“What are you here for?” Eunkyung had really deep dimples that drew Sora in. She liked how Eunkyung dolled herself up even though she had no likings towards her boyfriend’s fiance. Sora chewed on her donut instead, not giving her any reply. Her reaction had Eunkyung to scoff as she felt disregarded. She knew that Sora never liked her but she was being nice here so shouldn’t she be a little less cold than before?

“Well i’m sorry, I thought that you’d be happy to have a company here… I guess I can never be that person who could turn your frown upside down.” She pouted and silently unwrapped the donuts to have a bite of it.

Sora felt bad. This isn’t the kind of person she is. Sora would always return people’s smiles and never turn down a person’s greeting. But if you were her, would you’ve been extremely kind to a person who’s getting married to your lover soon? She wanted to be nice to Eunkyung but her presence literally suffocated her and she couldn’t help but think that Eunkyung’s riding on her happiness.

“Don’t have to feel sorry. I thought I needed to finish my food first before talking.” Sora curtly said as she took a last bite of the big portioned donut.

“Oh no no, it’s okay. You can talk to me as you eat. I do that a lot, unintentionally.” Eunkyung pushed aside her food that she was about to savour. She felt better now that Sora was participating in their conversation.

“So, you’re alone here?” Eunkyung started off again.

“Yeah, school trip to Jeju. You?”

“Really? I’ll be in Jeju too! Well, Daehyun has to tour around in Royal Duo’s latest branch there. So Mrs Jung told me to follow up with him.”

Sora literally cringed at the sound of his name. It totally made her mood levelled down the moment she learned that Eunkyung was there for a purpose that’s related to Daehyun. It seemed like everywhere Daehyun went to, Eunkyung would always be there.

“You’re wondering where’s Daehyun, right? He took an earlier flight so that he doesn’t have to endure the ride with me.” Eunkyung chuckled.

At the moment, Sora took a little consideration to the change of her facial expression. She was smiling and tittering a small laughter but behind all of those, laid a solemn soul. It was rather safe to say that Eunkyung wasn’t the happy being that Sora thought she’d be.

“You’re sympathising me, right? I know, Sohee. Yes, I’m really pitiful. All my efforts are always being washed into the drain. I bought two tickets for us but then turns out he seek for a different flight.”

 “Aigoo… I really envy the relationship that you and Daehyun shared. You both look cool together.” Eunkyung continued.

Although previously Sora felt like leaving, now all she wanted to do was to stay put in her chair and listen to the kind of rants that Eunkyung had to let out. Eunkyung stirred her now warm cup of cappuccino as her lips traced a thin line of sincere smile.

“Sohee-sshi, you don’t have to worry about whatever things that happened over the past 2 years. All that I anticipated never came true. You should trust him more, girl. What’s with the lack of confidence?” Eunkyung joked to hide the pitiful side of her.

Sora didn’t know if she should feel relieved that this confession showed how loyal Daehyun was or that Daehyun never loved Eunkyung. She was certainly in a better place of comfort now but to see Eunkyung in this state was pitiful. She was aware that the older lady was depressed but she couldn’t do anything about it either.

“He never touched me or stayed any closer to me before. But to disappoint you a bit, I did plant a haste kiss on his lips that day when we got engaged.” Eunkyung could just replay the vivid memory at the back of her mind as she recalled it back. Sora could feel the spark of pain that Eunkyung was going through although it was her that Daehyun loved. And she pitied her for having to go through a one-sided love.

The ill-hatred feelings were starting to fade away as a sense of pity diffused into her heart, in a sense of humanity. “Why are you being brutally honest here? You’re hurting yourself even more by saying this.” Sora jested.

“I’m hurting myself? You’re hurting too, Sohee. No one makes it out happy from this mess of love. I’m saying these because I have no one else to talk to regarding this matter. You know about us well and I know about you both well. I thought that if I have this talk with you, it’ll at least give me more courage to win over Daehyun.”

Her motive captured Sora’s ears and the younger lady was back at giving her a mere glare.

“You heard that. I’m not giving up, Sohee. Although Daehyun loves you, I’m not giving up.”

“I’m going to keep on trying until fate really shows me that I’m not the one meant for him. I’m seizing all the opportunities that come by to win him over. I’m sorry Sohee, I’m sorry that I’m interrupting the perfect love that the both of you have and I’m sorry that I’m forcing myself in. But I have feelings too, I love him,”

“Put yourself as me, Sohee. You’re given the opportunity to be engaged to a guy that you like. And there’re so many more open opportunities for you to win his heart. Would you let go of the chance and let him go with the woman that he loves despite the harsh condition they’re through? I’m making life easier for our families, for our nation. If Daehyun ever loves me, Mrs Jung doesn’t have to worry anymore about the collaboration of our companies. All of us will be happy even though I’ll be sorry that you’ll be the only one that makes it out, upset.”

Eunkyung being 3 years older than Sora, spoke with full of understanding and she wasn’t only prioritising her own self. After all, she did say that she’s sorry. And she would be sorry.

“I’m just letting you know Sohee, that I’m not going to give up until fate forces on me. In the end, if it ever hits me that the both of you are meant to be together, I’ll definitely back off and watch the both of your love prosper. But I’m not backing off too soon. I’ll try to win his heart while I still I can.” Her eyes were flaring with determination and Sora was slightly convinced with the honesty that had been told.

“Good luck trying to win over his heart, Eunkyung-sshi. Maybe to see where fate brings us, i’ll make this competition easier for you. I’m not going to put as much effort as you. I already own Daehyun’s heart and it’s going to be harder if I put in as much effort as you do. As for my part, I need to see as far as where he can be loyal as you’re trying to get his love.” Sora thought of a fair competition that both of them needed.

Although she suggested this idea, she wasn’t giving Daehyun up. Sora wanted Eunkyung to feel some fairness as she just learned her story.

“You’re letting me win his heart? Just like that?”

“I feel that you’re not feeling the fairness at all in these past years. I’m not giving him up though, but i’ll let you try to win over him again. But as you promised, if fate really shows that the both of you are unsuited for each other, you’ll have to give up.”

It wasn’t anything to be happy about but Eunkyung was at least relieved that Sora was well aware of her motive now and that the plan that shouldn’t sound pleasing actually got approved by her ‘rival’.

“I’m at the losing end when it comes to love but I’m more on the advantageous side as I’m the one whom he’s forced to marry to. Anyway, I can’t be too confident that he’ll fall for me. After all, his love for you is defiantly strong. Even without trying, I guess he’s still going to stay firm in his decision. It’ll still be you.”

“We never know, things may change. Just like how that necklace laid around your neck, things eventually do change. It applies to me too if it turns out that Daehyun belongs to you. I’ll give him up whole-heartedly and watch the two of you grow.”

Eunkyung was swept away by a gush of overwhelming feels. One, she was thankful that Sora outwardly said that she was going to let her have her way to Daehyun and two, she never thought she could break the ice between them. Even though they weren’t exactly in good ties, Eunkyung preferred it now that Sora was aware of the steps she’d be taking and they were finally engaged in a less tensed conversation.

“Thank you Sohee, for understanding me.”

“Please don’t thank me yet, for all we know, we might be pulling each other’s strands of hair in the next second.” Sora warmed up a meek smile as she stood up to retrieve her bag.

“Enjoy your trip!” Eunkyung waved as Sora walked the distance.

“How can I when you’ll be with him?” Sora walked backwards as she kiddingly commented.

“I’ll take good care of him!” Eunkyung smiled brilliantly at Sora and the latter took little steps back, starting to grow some consciousness in her. Who she just talked to, what they actually discussed and what kind of events would await her.  She huffed out in further exertion and mentally told herself that things were going to be okay. 


 

(a/n): um......... there /might/ be a double update um........ IDK BYE :-B