Entry :: {20}

Sora's Diary: A Twisted Tale of Love (Sequel)
 

"Sora's Diary: 

A Twisted Tale of Love"


 

Entry :: {20}

 

Sora set her tray on one of the tables. She sat there with two of her guy classmates until she felt a few eyes being laid on her back. She turned back and looked at her left and right. True enough, people were looking at her. The looks on their faces weren’t so pleasant and that worried her.

Just as she stooped and was literally burying her face into her food, two pair of feet was visible in her sight. Sora looked up at the two, feeling rather dumbstrucked. She was desperate to know the situation by then. Why was everyone looking at her the same way? Were they keeping something from her?

“You’re really quite a player, huh?” One of the campus girls smirked. In all honesty, Sora could see that girl yanking her hair in the next split second. She didn’t seem to be a friendly one and neither was she intending to be nice. Her other friend came next to her and poked Sora’s shoulder.

“My father works for the press. I bet it’s interesting if I tell him that you’re dating V too.” She smirked.

Sora looked ahead at the two guys in front of her, wondering if they knew what the two ladies were talking about. They shrugged their shoulders and avoided their gaze as they aren’t from a high caste as them. Hierarchy also happens in prestigious schools and it had been on a long run. Sora stood up and dared to take a step forward till she was on eye level with one of them.

“What are you saying?” Her eyes didn’t show fear though and people in the canteen started to soften for her innocent glances. Her question didn’t convince the two girls who provoked her.

“You don’t read the news, do you? Are you that dumb?” She barked at Sora’s face.

Sora blew a cool relief to control her patience. “I don’t read them in the morning. Is anything the matter?” She asked as she stared on. The offender scoffed and walked away grumpily as her desires to harm the lady in front of her were too tempting but she knew about the penalty, which was why she gave in. As people were starting to disperse and mind their own matters, Sora’s classmates urged her to sit down and they passed her their phone to read something.

She only saw the headlines and started to choke on her drink. She looked up at the two guys and they gulped, not knowing how to console her regarding this major issue. Sora pulled the strands of her hair in distress and felt the heat accumulating till the tip of her ears. She was embarrassed to face the people around her and she was ashamed of herself after realising the impression people could’ve left about her without knowing the real story.

Without touching her food, she slung her bag over her shoulder and ran out of the canteen as she pulled out her phone. Her thoughts were pacing rapidly and she couldn’t choose which way to go. She just needed a warm place to isolate herself and give a call to someone whom she could trust on this matter.

Slumping her back onto the wall, she slid against it and sat on the floor, trying to make out some numbers that she could remember. She frantically punched in those numbers in a flash and put it close to her ear.

Calling… Jung Daehyun.

 

-

 

Daehyun felt the heat searing over his neck and he shifted in his bed, turning to his side. He was about to close his eyes and fall into a deeper sleep until he noticed a feminine back laying right next to him.

Startled, he crawled out of bed in a hurry and panted heavily, getting a grip of reality.

His sudden movements woke the other person up and she to her back to face him.

“Daehyun-ah…” Her half-lidded eyes conveyed that she knew what was happening, that she slept next to him on purpose.

“Y... You what are you doing here? Are you out of your mind?” He pointed at her as he stuttered through his words. Eunkyung rubbed her eyes and mumbled some gibberish words, not reaching Daehyun’s ears. “Please continue your rest at your room, Eunkyung.” He tried to be stern through his voice but Eunkyung seemed to nestle herself in the bed even more after he said that. It shocked Daehyun that she was pushing herself past her limit.

“Eunkyung-“

“I don’t feel comfortable about this either, please have a talk with your mother about this…” She covered her face with the comforter. Daehyun in his breath, trying to control the little patience he had left in him. Mother? Of all sudden what made Eunkyung laying in his bed was because of his mother?

Daehyun left his room without another word and stormed into his parents’ study. He flared and opened the doors with outrage.

He saw his mother at the desk, reading the newspaper but she immediately lowered the articles upon the rash greeting. “Ah, good morning to you too.”

“What is she doing in my room?” He interjected her words. Mrs Jung could be seen sneering slightly but Daehyun still noticed that little change in the curve of her lips. “I told her to spend the night there.”

“What for.” He growled. Mrs Jung rose from her seat and walked towards him. “You don’t have any right to act so rude, son.” She emphasized on the last word and that was something Daehyun detested the most. It sounded so spiteful in his ears. Mrs Jung tossed him the newspaper and the front page enlightened him as to why she became resentful of all sudden.

Headline: Dispatch reveals secret relationship between Royal Duo’s heir and Welix Enterprise’s second daughter.

The clear picture of them holding hands in Jeju said it all. Although they were masked, the media surfaced a past photo they had taken even before Daehyun went to the States so that they could match the logic that they had both been seeing each other for years already.

“Now while this had to happen, tomorrow during the press you just have to deny this calmly, say that your relationship with Eunkyung is going along perfectly and your marriage won’t be delayed. It’ll still take place in eight months’ time.”

Daehyun took his eyes off the article and looked at her. “No.” He rebelled with just a short word, wanting to let her know that he wasn’t going to be submissive like she thought he’d be. Mrs Jung laughed out a sarcastic laughter but then it soon faltered as she glared at him. Daehyun needn’t have to be scared of her. He now had a stand that he was going to protect his loved ones and he was finally ready to take the risk of losing everything just for Sohee.

Mrs Jung pulled his sleeves and that led him to stumble towards her.

“What did you just say?”

Daehyun looked into her eyes, fearless. “No.”

She threw a slap across his cheek and the sound of the hit filled the room. Daehyun wiped the little blood that oozed from his cracked lip. He huffed a short laughter and rolled his eyes on her.

“If I tell you what I’m capable of doing to the Kim’s family, I can bet on my life that you’ll go down on your knees right now and beg me for forgiveness.”

Daehyun knew she’s capable of doing anything but due to his own wants, his mother’s power was forgotten. Now Daehyun was literally expressing a wince as he didn’t thought of that. He didn’t know that this matter would actually affect the Kim’s business too.

“Their funds, shares and spending can be terminated with just one sheet of document. I can seal it right now and the effect can take place in just a second with the help of one of my witness. And in less than a month’s time, their company can gladly stop the long-run. That’s how powerful your parents are, Jung Daehyun.” She smiled at him heartedly but Daehyun had his fists balled.

“I can’t even believe I’m up for this child play, Daehyun. You think your father and I married because of love? Honey, life is all about money.”

Money? But without love, life would be meaningless. He was even living a life with a pool of money but he wasn’t happy because his happiness was snatched away by her. Daehyun snickered and shook his head, disagreeing to whatever she had said.

“You were desperate. You came to father because you knew who he was. You knew that my mother wasn’t able to conceive anyway. But now that you have all the money in your hands, you act like you own his company. It’s really disgusting how a low caste like you managed to climb to a level like us and now the son of a higher caste is forced to look at you as a mother.” He retorted.

Another slap hit him on the same spot but this time, Daehyun squeezed her wrist and glared at her sharply.

“I came to accept you but it seems like you’re just plain ignorant about me. I’m not really your son, am i?”

Mrs Jung heaved out anxious breaths as he reminded her of the past.

“I gave birth to you, Jung Daehyun. Don’t you dare speak to me this way.”

“I guess you aren’t fully aware of the term surrogacy?”

His battle of words were challenging her temper and she simply detested Eunji’s son. His attitude really matched his mother’s and that was something that she couldn’t accept. Before she planned on scarring the guy, she called for a dismiss.

“All those disses aren’t going to affect my decision. I’ll really bring down Welix Enterprise if you ever dare to see Sohee again. You know your mother well, Daehyun. She works on her promise diligently.” Mrs Jung rolled her eyes on him and went back to her desk to down on the glass of champagne.

Daehyun felt a tear of rage streaming down the corner of his eyes. He thought it was easier giving up everything but turns out not. As he stepped out of the study, Eunkyung jumped from where she was. It wasn’t suspicious after all she was clearly eavesdropping on the entire conversation.

Daehyun grabbed her wrist and yanked it along with him until they reached his bedroom. Eunkyung pulled herself back as she couldn’t tell what was going to happen next. Was he going to hurt her? The housemaids could only look on as they watched the soon-to-be lady of the house being pulled into the young master’s room.

The door was slammed and Daehyun pinned her against the door, trapping her between his hands. Before she could face him, Daehyun dived in and pressed a forceful kiss onto her lips. Eunkyung’s hands tapped on his shoulders as she couldn’t breathe, struggling to push him away. But Daehyun kept on adding more pressure on her that she finally gave up and lose herself into the kiss.

It was until Daehyun bit her lower lip and she turned surprised. Eunkyung pushed herself away from him and they both panted, inhaling as much air as they could.

Eunkyung looked at him, knowing there was something messing with his mind.

“I don’t understand… Why did you…” She touched her lips as she looked on. Daehyun finally gave her an arrogant glance and walked away from where she was standing at.

“I’m giving you what you want. You planned this, didn’t you? Telling that woman stuffs so that she could sympathise you and force me to marry you.”

Eunkyung felt ultimately offended and her eyebrows creased in defence. She stormed up to him and denied the accusation greatly. “Excuse me, I never had such conversation with her before. And if you think that way of me, I’m way better than that of a person, Daehyun. You think i’d want to force you to marry me? If you aren’t happy being with me, then why do you think I would do such a thing?”

Daehyun could see from the way she explained herself. It seemed that she was greatly offended and she was pushing herself to defend her reputation.

“Sorry, I was a little… confused.” He said but in actual fact, his mind was too occupied with his future plans and the current happenings. Eunkyung saw his eyes getting lost deeper into space and she gently held his hand and pulled him to his bed. As she made him sit down on the edge, she climbed behind him and laid her hands on his shoulders.

Skilfully, she rubbed the nape of his neck and then massaged his back smoothly. It made Daehyun feel a little better, he was still lost in his thoughts but at least they were starting to settle slowly thanks to Eunkyung.

As the treatment went on, Daehyun’s phone vibrated. He looked at the caller’s ID and hesitated. Eunkyung, who heard whatever said in the study, also bit her lips as she saw who the caller was.

“Just pick it up, she might need you most right now.” Eunkyung advised. But Daehyun solemnly looked down at his phone and stared at it until it went into the ‘missed call’ log. It was a relief that he didn’t reject her call. At least he let it rang until it died off.

This decision was killing him. If he had picked up the call, the Kim’s family would suffer. Daehyun was crying for himself as he pitied his own love story. It was just so hard to keep up with a secret relationship but now, he couldn’t even meet her anymore.

The same caller called again. Daehyun was guilty as ever. He wanted to be there for her but Sohee now has Taehyung and Himchan. They’d help her out, right? Daehyun debated with himself. As much as he loved her, he thought that he shouldn’t be selfish to pull the Kim’s family down.

Slowly, his thumb dragged the red icon to left.

Call, rejected.


(a/n): Hi readers, i might not be updating for a while since exams are approaching ((AGAIN)) Well I really hope that you'll wait for me! Thank you for your interest, see you soon! ^^