Entry :: {6}

Sora's Diary: A Twisted Tale of Love (Sequel)
 

"Sora's Diary: 

A Twisted Tale of Love"


 

Entry :: {6}

 

Daehyun was finally getting off from work and he packed his files into his briefcase. Just then, a troubled knock came about and the doors flew open in an instant. Daehyun looked up, shocked.

“Himchan-ah…”

“Sorry sir, I couldn’t stop him.” The female secretary interrupted.

“It’s okay, he’s a friend.”

The woman excused herself out and closed the doors behind her.

Daehyun put his briefcase aside, already knowing what Himchan’s motive was. It could’ve led him to another assumption if only his friend hadn’t barged in forcefully. But since he showed off that temper, Daehyun knew where this was going.

But he didn’t know how to phrase everything in a neat way considering that Himchan was already fuming mad. Daehyun was slightly fearful if Himchan would lay a flying fist across his cheek. He knew that Himchan would do that for Sora now since he had been there before for Taehee.

“Himchan-ah, I can explain.”

“Well that’s good then, because that’s exactly what I needed to hear.”

Daehyun swallowed a gulp guiltily. He didn’t even know where to begin. “Look, let’s talk calmly. We haven’t met in two years so let’s not start off things this way. I know where i went wrong, Himchan. But i’m going to explain it soon, so-“

“Why the did you let him have her?” Himchan jested.

In the midst of processing his explanation to the older guy, his system stopped instantly. Him?

“What do you mean?”

“You let Sohee go just because you wanted the best for her? What the ? You know better that you can fix everything, Daehyun. So why did you let him have her that easily?”

“Himchan, I…”

“This is the problem. You were away for 2 years, being forbidden to contact all of us, including your aunt and now this happens. Sohee is vulnerable and you know that, Daehyun. While you were away, Sohee could just rely on him because you weren’t there for her. But now you’re back, you can finally show her so much more. I just don’t get it why must you let her go without even trying? I trusted that you’re the one meant for her.”

Daehyun’s mind registered every word that Himchan preached. He was oblivious to the actual setting that happened but he definitely knew that Sora didn’t tell her brother the exact truth about everything.

“What exactly did she say?”

 

 

“Quit lying. Tell me what happened.”

Sora’s eyes glimmered as her lips sealed tightly into a thin line.

“It’s my fault… I met him the other day and… I told him that there’s someone else who can make me happy as I was during the time when he was around. He said it’s fine if i’m happy with that… I know that now Daehyun can never be there for me as always, oppa. With his work and everything, he’s going to get so much busier. I’ve given it a long thought even before he arrived here. I know that this guy is going to keep me happy, happier than Daehyun can make out of me. So i’ve decided to break it off. He has to be with Eunkyung anyway, I guess this is our fate.”

Although it seemed natural that Sora was crying over her ‘guilt for leaving Daehyun’, all that ever made her cry was the remembrance of Eunkyung wearing something that was supposedly hers.

But she was trying to adapt to the one-sided love. After all, she was the one who suggested that Daehyun should keep it for the one that he loves and apparently, it was Eunkyung whom Daehyun chose.

 

-

 

Daehyun latched his focus onto the ground. He was absolutely concerned about every little thought that Sora was reserving. He hadn’t heard her out but he was so confident that the girl was hurting to bits. Why would she do that? He had hurt her, but she still kept his pride untouched.

“Oppa, dinner.” Eunkyung’s voice penetrated through the two-way doors.

Daehyun’s mind hazed, forgetting his concern because of the voice that interrupted him. He left his thinking chair and walked out of the room. From the stairs, he could see Eunkyung diligently helping out the maids to set the table for two.

“Mother isn’t eating with us?”

Eunkyung shook her head. He saw the majestic-sized meals that laid before him. It made him salivate just by the smell that attracted his senses. “I’m eating in my room then.” He grabbed his bowl and threw some of the meats and side-dishes into it. Just then, Eunkyung pulled his sleeve, pleading him in discreet.

“You know that either way, I won’t be talking, right?”

Eunkyung lowered her head, a little embarrassed. But all she wanted was to be close to him. Even though Daehyun refuse to talk about things that’s out of his concern with her, she just liked being with him.

Before she knew him, Eunkyung wouldn’t take relationships seriously. Her longest relationship lasted around eight months and she’d be annoyed with clingy men; thus, the breakup. But Daehyun was certainly different. Love at first sight failed on him and even after the years they had been through together, he never fell for her charms.

She liked how Daehyun would take care of her even though he never had any mutual feelings towards her. Eunkyung never realised how he turned her into someone better. She became more reserved, the value of her morality turned priceless and also the standard of men that she charted on her ideal type reflected her maturity.

In 2 years, people grow. Eunkyung did, Sora did, Taehyung and certainly, everyone.

But nobody realised the change in Eunkyung. She came to a point where people’s perceptions of her didn’t matter. All she ever cared was having to receive some attention from Daehyun. That’s all she wanted.

The chairs scratched the marble tiles of the floors.

“Oppa, you’re done?” Daehyun gave her a glance before taking another step.

“I know that this necklace wasn’t meant for me.” She spoke a little too sudden.

Daehyun paused his track and her. He never thought she’d be saying this in the presence of other maids who were just a pillar behind them. Daehyun placed a finger on his lips and furrowed his brows. Even though probably everyone in the house knew that the two were not getting along well, he never liked his part of the story to be shared.

“I’m not in the mood for this, Eunkyung.”

He continued his steps. But at the same time, Eunkyung dragged her chair too, leaving her meal forcibly when she had only three bites of it. “Thank you for your time then, I appreciate it.” She sauntered ahead of him. Daehyun walked after her on the staircase and watched her lonely back. He was aware that she had had only a few bites of her food. He felt bad that it was because of him that she’d think of starving herself.

But that shouldn’t matter Daehyun, this planned marriage is just business. Just business. No feelings included. He thought.

There were some times when he’d show her some affection by accident. But that wasn’t what he meant. It was humanity. The girl was shivering cold and he lent her his windbreaker. Not too much, right? But even after each time such things happened, he’d feel sorry for the girl that he had promised. He’d always wonder if Sora would hurt if she ever saw all of these happenings. He loved her, but sometimes there’re just things that you can’t run away from.

Daehyun nudged her arm, trying to avoid as much contact as possible.

“Get back there and finish your food.”

Eunkyung glared at him back and insisted that she was done with dinner. Daehyun sighed and grabbed her arm gently, not saying another word. She flinched in surprise and stuttered when Daehyun brought her to the table and sat at where he was sitting just now.

“Eat.” He demanded.

The maids stood there awkwardly, putting back the dishes that they planned on clearing in the kitchen. Eunkyung frowned when her bowl was still full. It was embarrassing to say that she was done when she just barely started on it. Daehyun made it less awful for her. He took a magazine that laid on the table and pretended to read.

Eunkyung slowly grabbed her chopsticks and savoured the beef that her stomach craved for.

“Don’t ever skip your meals.” Daehyun voiced out. Eunkyung perked up and straightened her back posture. “I.. I never do that.” She stuttered. Daehyun looked up from the magazine and faced her with a blank look.

“I mean this, ‘Don’t ever skip your meals’.” He pointed at the advisory section of the “How to stay healthy” page in the magazine. Eunkyung swore that the tip of her ears were burning, travelling to the sides of her face then to her cheeks.

“Well, maybe that applies to you too.” His eyes sneaked a peak into her bowl to see how much she was left with. Eunkyung shoved a spoonful of rice into then chomped on it hastily for Daehyun’s presence now was intimidating her. It was awful to be having him here, watching her eat since he knew that she wanted him around.

Eunkyung swallowed the chunk and gulped down on plentiful of water. As Daehyun’s glare was burning her soul, she eventually choked hard on the forceful shoving of foods. Daehyun instinctively got up from his seat and got her a napkin to which Eunkyung buried her face in it and reddened.

“Aish… can’t you eat slowly? What’s the rush?” He never realised how every concern he poured on that girl was killing her from her feels and her heart would thump louder from the guy that she couldn’t have.

“Y..You were staring at me like that.”

“What ever happened to the aggressive and passionate Eunkyung I knew?” His straightened hands rested on the edge of the table, next to her, eyes flaring with interest. Eunkyung’s breathing rate hitched and she was utterly shaking because it was the first time Jung Daehyun talked to her regarding her, it was the first time she felt some connection between them and it was the first time she could visualise only the both of them in one frame.

“She died… You’re responsible for the change in me, oppa.”

Daehyun leaned backwards in realisation. It’s not as if anything bad had happened. But the plan was just to get engaged, mind your own business, get settled with work, treat Eunkyung no more as a friend, limit unneeded conversations and shut self from people. Making a change in Eunkyung wasn’t part of the plan at all.

He pushed himself away from the table and walked away with heavy steps. He knew things with Sora were going to end soon anyway and he had to marry Eunkyung. He had to love her. No point pushing her away because by the end of everything, their marriage would still be set in eight months’ time. Daehyun had to force himself to like and even love her.

“Oppa, this wasn’t meant for me but you still gave it to me anyway,” she touched the pendant of the necklace.

“You’re forcing yourself into this, to like me. I know that if you’re given the chance of freedom right now, you’d be packing your bags and leave to somewhere with Sohee. But unfortunately, this is your reality. Our fates are planned by our parents and even if we don’t like any of these, we still have to be together…”

“All I’m asking for is a chance… I’m not forcing you, oppa. If you want things to work out well, all you need to do is to contribute some of your time. I promise you, i’ll give you everything and anything that you wish Sohee would’ve done for you.” Eunkyung reasoned. Her eyes welled up with tears of hope and she clutched onto the costly pendant.

“Please… can’t you just love me instead?” 

 


 

(a/n): Sorry for the late update guys, i'm tremendously affected by the recent Sewon tragedy because i'm too ((emotional)) ;-; I had to rewrite this chapter for so many times because the great distraction got the best of me and i screwed my own plot. Sorry if this sounds to exaggerated but anyways,

#PrayforSouthKorea 

School's reopening soon and i hope i can keep on updating regularly;; Guys thank you so much for your comments and support ((please don't stop them from coming ><)) Till we meet again.