Entry :: {13}

Sora's Diary: A Twisted Tale of Love (Sequel)
 

"Sora's Diary: 

A Twisted Tale of Love"


 

Entry :: {13}

 

The tour dragged till evening and Daehyun was the least attentive among the staffs of their new rising branch in Jeju. He was being so concerned about other things instead, about Taehyung. Was he really reading a message that came from the Taehyung he knew? The day was marked on the same day he came to visit the place. Was Taehyung really at the same place as him, on the same day even?

He pondered endlessly and that swept his soul away from his body that was physically there, listening to the architecture’s layout plan. He shouldn’t even be there to be listening to something that does not concern his task. He wanted and had to get out at least, to tell Sora that Taehyung is alive and he’s just so close by.

“Sir, how about it? If you think the exterior is too-“

“Let’s meet up again some other day. I’m tired.”

Daehyun simply handed his file to a secretary and took off his coat as he left the place. The dedicated staffs sighed and turned disappointed as their hard work to prepare this tour wasn’t seen thoroughly by the young heir.

Daehyun drove to the nearest hotel he could find, the one that looks like it serves those tip-top kind of coffees that could shake him off a little from his concerns. He wished he could tell Sora by himself, about Taehyung’s message that he came across the previous day. It still amazed him how Taehyung was so close to him and it made him relieved that Taehyung was going to find his way back to her.

He sat in a chair and waited for someone to take his order. He rested the back of his head on the top rail of the chair. As a text message buzzed him up, he groggily squinted his eyes and took a glance at it. Daehyun wasn’t aware of the few people around him but he then noticed a familiar side profile of someone from his spot.

His immediate movement was to jerk and shuffle his feet as he couldn’t help seeing the coincidence. It’s Sohee, he’s sure. It’s no doubt that that’s the same einstein coat that he once gave her. Daehyun knew very well how she’d wear it during cold nights. That night in fact, was one of the nights that had her wearing it.

She was making an order at the counter and he was measuring some ways to get to her. Although his heart was pounding so fast, being so excited to see her again at such a fateful meeting, he ought to stay composed as he wouldn’t want people to assume too quick of their relationship. That’d be of so much trouble for his family company and also his fiance’s family.

What are you doing here? Are you here with Himchan? Are you doing well?

It’s as though it’s the first time they’re meeting all over again. Daehyun hesitated to take his phone out and leave her a text. His mother could trace every evidence and he wouldn’t like it if Sohee would get into trouble for that. Daehyun raised his hand and a waiter came to his direction.

“Hi, do you know me?”

The waiter nodded and gulped mildly. He mentioned the Royal Duo company and Daehyun took caution of what he was going to say next.

“I need you to do me a favour. Could you get that girl to me? The one at the counter, waiting for her order.” He looked at her over the waiter’s shoulder.

“Sure do, Sir. I just need to address you as Mr Jung?”

Daehyun mentally facepalmed himself. He literally just let the waiter judge him for not mentioning some lies as an excuse to get Sohee to him. Everyone knew that he’s engaged to Shin Eunkyung. In fact, the nation does. His desperation to talk to her was really making him fall hard into his own grave.

“No no, tell her that her relative, Kim Taehyung, is here to meet her. This table.”

Daehyun folded his arms and pointed on the number that was plastered in the middle of the coffee table. The waiter nodded, looking a little confused and dazed. No doubt, he was wary of Royal Duo’s heir already. Daehyun was bad at lying, the waiter’s facial expression definitely showed the high level of distrust he had in him the moment he requested such a thing.

It wasn’t long after when Daehyun saw her feet in his sight. He looked up to meet her face but Sora was already fuming mad by the way she bit on her lips aggressively, trying to conceal all forms of profanities at his cheating words.

“Sohee, wait!” Daehyun gasped and Sora didn’t give him a second glance. She stormed off and a couple seating close to Daehyun’s table were staring at the situation. Daehyun made a run to pull her and sit in one of the isolated corners in the café. 

“Please don’t act out in here, we’ll get into trouble.” Daehyun whispered.

Sora scoffed and folded her arms, refusing to look at him. She definitely felt cheated since he used Taehyung’s name to lure her in. She knew it’d be impossible that Taehyung would be here too but maybe it could be somebody who knew about him. Sora got excited and pumped up for nothing.

“Don’t you dare use Taehyung oppa’s name just like that to have me to come to you. You’re doing hateful things now, Daehyun. I really hate you and all of your stupid acts.” Sora had her fists balled and Daehyun could really see the anger fuming in her. It wouldn’t be a lie to say that he knew what he did was stupid all along but he didn’t expect for her to be really agitated. Did she really hate him for those? What exactly are they now?

“What’s wrong with you? Listen to me, Sohee. I wasn’t planning to say that initially but I’m afraid that if I hadn’t done anything, you’d have left my sight soon. There’s something I have to say about Taehyung too, so please don’t hate on me just so easily.” He asked out of confusion. He didn’t want her to hate him, certainly. In fact, he felt hurt when that came out from .

Sora was inhaling a few breaths to cool herself down. Anything concerning Taehyung would be taken seriously by her and she didn’t appreciate the false alarm that he started. Instead of spitting out whatever buried deep inside her heart, she continued chewing on her lower lip, patiently listening to what he had to say.

“I have a lot of questions to ask you right now, Sohee. But I’ll let you hear what you want first. I visited the summer grounds recently and look what I’ve found.” He swiped the screen of his phone and it revealed the picture of Taehyung’s wish lock that he came across. Sora gasped as she covered with those widened eyes were shown evidently.

“How is that possible? How is Taehyung oppa here? I believe that fate does not work its magic this way, Daehyun. This is too unreal…” Sora was practically zoning out, not knowing whether or not to trust his words.

“Did you set this whole thing up? You know that I’d be here, so you pretended to visit the summer ground too and do a wish lock that says Taehyung’s message. By doing that, you’re using oppa as an excuse to get though me. Why are you doing this, Daehyun, why?!” Sora slammed her palm on the table.

She wasn’t sure of what she was feeling at the moment. Being so sensitive and angry weren’t her at all. She herself couldn’t tell why she’d get so heated up by the sight of Daehyun ever since that day, when she learned that Daehyun and her couldn’t be made for each other. She loved him too much that it’s so hard to let things go.

“Sohee, you’re assuming so quickly now! I don’t even know that you’re here. I just saw you here in this café. Why on earth would I make things up when I know how much Taehyung means to you?!” Daehyun started to raise his voice too and again, they were receiving some unwanted attention.

Sora gulped and felt her heart pounding fast. Maybe the grudges she held made her this way. After hearing Daehyun’s part, she was able to cool down a little. She forgot a bit of him, of how matured he was, since he knew how to respect her love for Taehyung. Sora felt wronged.

“Eunkyung didn’t inform you? That I’m here?” Sora’s tone soften a bit and that easily soothed Daehyun’s heart.

He shook his head and now Sora could solely put her trust in his words. Even though it was hard to believe in the entire happenings, she was willing to let him have a say now.

“Eunkyung knew that you’re here?” He asked.

“We met each other in the airport while we’re waiting for our flight. I thought she told you about it so that made me jump to conclusions. Sorry, i’m just… a little off today.” She embraced herself in the coat that used to mean a thousand things when they were once both together.

Daehyun told her to wait as he took Sora’s forgotten order at the counter.

As he got to the table, Sora was already wearing her beanie and slinging her bag over her shoulder.

“Where are you going?”

“I can’t miss this chance if Taehyung oppa’s really around. I need to find him.” She walked pass him, brushing off her shoulder against his. Daehyun walked behind her, not making it obvious to those seating in the café. He knew he’s going to get into trouble sooner or later but all he could care right now was the girl’s safety. There’s no way she’s going to head out alone.

 

-

 

“Sorry madam, but we cannot give away any personal information of our visitors.” The woman at the booking counter apologised. Sora blew her bangs in an attempt to stay composed. Daehyun saw how red her face was turning into and he shoved the girl away. It was getting so late and he finally got frustrated over her undying will to find her long lost brother.

Sora stumbled as she was being swept away by Daehyun forcefully. Her eyes were puffed as a result of tiredness and feeling so hopeless.

Getting out of the sight of the people at the lobby, Daehyun dragged her to the lift area where no guests stood.

“We’re going home now. We’ll meet again tomorrow to find him. Just go home now and have some rest. I’ll inform your brother to excuse you from your trip’s activities tomorrow.”

Daehyun pressed the button of the lift to head to the carpark.

Sora simply laid her back onto the wall and stared blankly at the still air. Taehyung was just so close… She wanted to knock on all doors to see if Taehyung could possibly be in there. From a hopeless chance of meeting him again when she last heard of him in London, now he’s finally here, breathing the same air as her. Sora didn’t want to lose sight him anymore. Three years had been painfully long for her to bear and she had to see him again.

Daehyun adjusted his shades and carelessly ran his fingers through his hair so that people wouldn’t give a thought to him being Royal Duo’s heir. He had to maintain his image no matter what. Especially now, he’s a fiance to Eunkyung and for him to be seen outside with another woman would definitely get him into deep trouble.

In the car, Daehyun pulled out the seatbelt for her but Sora pushed his hands away, telling him that she could do it herself. In all honesty, he felt like venting out his anger on a clean wall because he felt restricted in love. He wanted to pull her tight in his arms after so long for not being able to do so, but she’s always showing him a cold shoulder ever since that day.

Daehyun wanted to convey his message to her, that he reserved a virtual necklace for her that held more meaning than the tangible necklace that Eunkyung had. And that virtual necklace he saved for her, laid in his heart. Sora owned his heart but she was practically blinded and hurt over the physical things, as though she never trusted that Daehyun loved her more than Eunkyung.

The car ride was silent as both of them spent the journey focusing on the empty road.

Sora scooted closer to the door, away from him. Daehyun pretended he sensed nothing at all and lower the temperature of the air-con.

“You’re doing well? In Shinhwa?” Daehyun finally broke the silence. He felt like he should be calm and not jump straight into their problem. He had to buy Sora’s heart all over again. Sora hummed a yes and they went silent again. It didn’t last a minute longer when the sign of the car’s tank started to beep and Daehyun then realised that the car was running out of oil.

“Damn it.” He cursed lightly as he pulled over to the side of the road.

Sora looked out and noticed that it was close to the hotel already. Daehyun dialled for service while Sora opened the door of the car to let the fresh air in.

“It’s like the third time the car breaks down when I’m with you.” Daehyun shook his head and huffed a light chuckle. Sora faced him, who was settling this problem. She wished she could stay in this car and never leave. That’s how cruel reality was to her. If only she was trapped in this car with Daehyun, she could have him to herself. Nobody could get between them, and the both of them couldn’t be separated.

Irony breathed within her as they both loved each other. But lately, she’d get agitated when it comes to this guy and how much she hated him for all of his slight mistake. Sora couldn’t tell if they were a match made in heaven but all she was trying to do now was to simply push him away because she knew they could never be together. And she’s forcing herself to fall for another. That’s the only way she could put the fragments back at their right places.

 

“It’s the second.” Sora corrected him without any interest in her tone.

“Third. First, you tried to run away from me after we got back from Himchan’s place and you fractured your ankle and I had to carry you a distance. Second, when we’re on the way back home from Imo’s house, it broke down and we ended up spending our night by the side of the road. Third, look at us now.” His attention finally diverted to Sora. She gazed at him to make sure that she wouldn’t miss any of him tomorrow. She wanted to seek all the chances, now that he’s right in front of her.

Daehyun’s smile faded when he realised those fearful eyes that she had. They began to tear up and Daehyun leaned forward to ruffle her hair. He stooped to see her as she hid her face away from his.

“It hurts, doesn’t it?” He caressed her cheek with his thumb.

“You get mad at me lately, saying the extreme words such as hate and all… but I know deep down in you, you can’t bring yourself to mean those words. We love each other, Sohee. Still deeply in love.” His voice croaked as he was explaining their reality to her.

Sora sobbed and rubbed her eyes to not bawl terribly in front of him. She missed Daehyun so much and like what he had said, no matter how extreme she tried to act oppositely, the truth would still show because that’s what they had been on for so long.

Daehyun pulled the nape of her neck to his shoulder. Sora rested her head against him as her fingers urged to clutch onto his blouse. His scent and touch still gave her some sparks in her heart. The feels never grow old.

“Dae…”

“Hm?”

“Can’t you give Eunkyung a chance?”

Daehyun pulled away from her. He stared unbelievably at her but Sora gulped and hovered a hand over his.

“Give her a chance to make you fall for her.”

Daehyun looked away and slightly pushed her hand off his to show how uninterested he was. He was getting tired at each mentioning of Eunkyung’s name. Either her name or anything that had to do with her, bothered him a lot.

“That way, we’re all going to live happily. You both have a blessed life together and I… I think I already found someone who could take good care of me like you did.”

Nothing was confirmed. But Daehyun’s heart shattered when he heard that. He knew that she was trying to set things right but he couldn’t stand the thought of them having separate lives. All Daehyun wanted was Sora and he knew that she wanted the same too. But she’s trying too hard to please Mrs Jung and the nation.

“Live happily? Are you sure that the both of us won’t be hurting?”

Sora couldn’t answer him. She knew that she wouldn’t be okay. But at least, he’s going to be happy.

“I can’t, Sohee. I can’t live on without you.” His forlorn eyes looked at hers and Sora tapped her tears to dryness. She held some more back but with Daehyun, she couldn’t hide anything. He’s the only person who could see her weakness because she trusted that he would make her a stronger person by every end of her misery. But now that Daehyun was no longer right next to her at all times, she lost her pillar of strength.

“Quit lying that some other guy could make you happy like I did. I know, Sohee. I know your heart really well. We both belong to each other. There’s no way fate went wrong.” He gave her more hope than she needed at the moment and Sora eventually broke down. All the tears that she held back, broke out of her own will.

“We’re pathetic… We love each other but we couldn’t do anything about it…” Sora’s shaky voice mumbled them and Daehyun wore a smirk on his face. She finally admitted it. He ruffled her hair again and left a smooch on her forehead.

“I love you, Sohee. You should know this damn well.” He reminded her.

Sora looked up at him and slung her arms around his neck. “I love you too.” She whispered in his ear. Daehyun her back to assure her that everything would be fine. They just had to endure. He would do something to save their relationship, but not yet. It’s too early to bring humiliation to his family.

The broke away and Daehyun gently kissed the line of tears that moistened her face. His hands secured her neck, thumbs both sides of her jaws. He looked at her closed eyes that was anticipating for something that she hadn’t had for so long.

He gently brought his lips over hers and he nibbled her dried lips slowly. Their noses brushed against each other’s and Daehyun finally closed his eyes as his lips conquered hers, indulging himself into the kiss that he longed for.

Sora breathed in a lump of air that depleted in her and Daehyun broke away from her after realising he was making her go out of breath.

The dried tears on her face restricted her cheeks from smiling widely. She smiled and Daehyun chuckled to see them both in perfect ties once again. Nothing was going to stop them this time, he thought. Seeing her happy because of him, gave him so much strength by the end of it.

“No one’s going to fall for anyone, Sohee. It’s only the two of us. No more, no less.” Daehyun uttered.