Entry :: {26}

Sora's Diary: A Twisted Tale of Love (Sequel)

 


"Sora's Diary: 

A Twisted Tale of Love"


 

Entry :: {26}

 

Junki clenched his fist the moment he heard an unexpected news. He then dismissed the men that reported to him. As he wore the silk robe that laid on his luxurious bed, he walked out the door to his sister’s room.

“Hyeri~” He sang like a drunkard.

The girl popped her head out and met eyes with him, who was approaching her. “Guess what I heard? My target is living under the same roof as the girl you love the most.” His tone appeared sarcastic.

“What do you mean.” She was almost as lazy to entertain him at the moment. Hyeri was just about to shut the door when Junki stuck his foot between the door and the door frame.

“Taehyung. Kim Taehyung is back, living at the apartment that he and Sora shared before when they were siblings.” He mocked the part when he said ‘siblings’. He just wanted his sister to feel more agitated, more aggressive.

Indeed, Hyeri was starting to feel anger surging up her body.

“Our task is easier then.” She growled.

 

-

 

Taehyung blinked, adjusting himself to get used to the new home that he was living in. The cracked ceilings definitely showed how three years was all it takes for things to fall apart. He trudged out of his room to check on Sora but the moment he peeked into her room, her bed was already tidy.

No sign of her around.

He took a look at the kitchen to see if any of her important stuffs remained.

“Sohee?” He called.

His foot landed on a piece of paper that had a note written on it.

I’ll be out for a while to settle a few things at the campus. I’ll meet you in school, Taehyung oppa.

His mind pounded as he threw the note onto the kitchen counter. It was strange that he had been collecting the memories he had lost ever since he moved into their old apartment. It was only the second day of his stay here and he was already retrieving so many.

I have some project work to settle in school. I’ll meet you later for dinner, Taehyung oppa!

He spent the evening all by himself, doing the laundry that was Sora’s routine of the day. The moment she got home from school, he’d get the table ready with her favourite dish. She’d give him a kiss on his cheek as a token of gratefulness after what he did for her despite the workload he received from school.

Taehyung stood at where he remembered her leaving the note. Exactly at that spot on the refrigerator, he pasted the note that she left him this morning. A gentle smile soared on his face, knowing that he’d remember her soon.

 

 

The alarm went off, shocking him as he woke up from a nap. It was 8pm and Sora wasn’t homed yet. Taehyung didn’t have a purpose to be in that campus and hence he took the day off, wandering around his new home.

He checked his phone and made a call to Sora. After three dials, he gave up ringing her again. He was debating with himself whether he should get the car or just stay in the house, waiting for her with a mount of concern piling over one another.

After a good three minutes, he grabbed his leather jacket and car keys, not able to withstand the worry that occupied his mind greatly.

Taehyung hopped into his car with urgency, starting the engine before he drives off. He passed multiple junctions, hoping the red lights would go off faster as the time never stop ticking. As he kept his attentive eyes on some people by the roadside, he never stopped chanting her name in hope he’d see her around soon.

He swerved right, into the school compound and walked down the hallway. A few students on their way home greeted him and he asked whether they knew where she could be. They told him that they saw her walking up the staff floor and he thanked them before he made a run.

“Mr V, thank goodness you’re here. Sohee has been looking for you and she fell asleep on your desk as she waited for you. I couldn’t lock the doors because of her.” One of the staffs approached him.

“You could’ve called me to inform me about it, I thought it was clear that I wouldn’t be in school today.”

The lady gasped, “I did, actually. You didn’t answer my call.” She was literally hinting at him to check his phone. Taehyung could see her number on his call logs, remembering that he was still on the road around the time she called. He apologised to the staff and walked briskly inside to get to Sora.

He stopped in his track the moment he saw her exhausted back. He walked further to see her peaceful face which softens his eyes. The time he spent worrying didn’t matter to him anymore. He just felt home upon seeing her face.

“Sohee…” He shook her lightly by her shoulder. If only he could, he would let her sleep in until morning. He didn’t want to wake the resting angel.

Sora jerked in his office chair and hastily checked her watch as she learned that he was there, next to her. “What time is it? Did I oversleep?” She babbled as she picked her stuffs up. Taehyung only smiled when she said her sorry repeatedly.

“You made me rush from home, actually. I didn’t work for today.” His reply made her apologize more frequently. Taehyung ruffled her hair and let out a chuckle then comforting her, saying that she did no wrong.

“You must be tired. Let’s go home.” He held her hand in his, guiding her towards the door after thanking the staff.

The two walked to his car and buckled their seatbelt, ready to head home.

“What is there for you to settle in campus?”

“The counsellor and my mentor wanted to check and update me on some stuff. I’m not sure when I will be attending lessons like before…” She uttered. Sora could still remember the glare she received from the students as she made an appearance after her short hiatus from school. It seemed like she couldn’t attend school any sooner. Taehyung saw the look on her face. Her smile gradually turned into a slight frown after she enlightened him about it.

“Oh, you know what. I remembered something again just now. It’s really a miracle, since the day I arrived yesterday, there were too many things that came at me. I think I can remember you in no time, Sohee.”

That was it. It made her smile.

“You’re smiling, hm? Did that make you feel so happy?” Taehyung stole a glance at her as he took a time off from the road. Sora nodded gratefully and tried fighting back those overwhelming tears that were about to fall.

As soon as they reached the car park, Taehyung proceeded to unbuckle his seatbelt. Right then, Sora threw him a hug.

“Thank you… thank you for remembering.” She mumbled. He was able to catch her words well as her lips laid right next to his ears. That sweet voice of hers, he could interpret it well no matter how incoherent it sounded. Taehyung raised his stiff hand to the back of her head as he her hair gently. He didn’t know why but he grasped a momentum that was likely familiar to him.

“I’m guessing you remembered something again?” She broke away with a mild smirk being plastered on her face.

Taehyung showed her the clueless face instead but then Sora enlightened him about the past. “That’s how you’d praise me all the time. By my hair… And even a forehead kiss whenever I need some assurance.” She giggled.

The part where she mentioned a forehead kiss made him blush. It was a little bit embarrassing considering that he was seeing her as V but not Taehyung at the moment. He couldn’t remember that at all and that was rather awful for him to know. But Taehyung expected that. Slowly, he could tell how important she was to him before.

“Sorry that everything seems foreign to you right now. For confusing you… for forcing you to remember me as your sister…”

She apologised yet again. Taehyung covered with his palm.

“An apology would do. Too much of it annoys me.” He said as he removed his hand from her lips and went out of the car. Sora quickened her pace to follow up with him. Taehyung walked briskly to the elevator and pressed the button as Sora jogged to enter the lift with him.

“About today, sorry I didn’t- I mean I will try to communicate more often with you before I decide on a move.” She mentally slapped herself for apologising again. Taehyung was hiding a laughter behind that emotionless face he was trying to maintain.

As they reached their floor, they walked down the corridor. They passed a pillar and Sora halted her steps.

“Hyeri…”