Entry :: {27}

Sora's Diary: A Twisted Tale of Love (Sequel)

Hello dear readers :3 Just to let some of you know that if you're reading this fic uptil this chapter, not knowing what on earth is going on, you might want to check the foreword of this fic. This fic is a SEQUEL to Sora's Diary: In love with Oppa's Enemy. So please do check that one out first or you'll be lost in this story TT Thank you for reading, see you soon! ^^

 


"Sora's Diary: 

A Twisted Tale of Love"


 

Entry :: {27}

 

The guard on watch walked into the posh room to see the great leader’s hands tapping around the bed.

“S-sir!” The guard pitied the way the old man was struggling but he had to do what he was told.

He pinned the man down on the bed and penetrated a slim sharp needle into his skin. In no time, the man fell into deep unconsciousness and he began to sleep just like he always did for two years.

“I’m… I’m sorry,” The guard pleaded on his knees in front of the motionless figure.

“Madame promised me a better reward, I’m so so sorry…” And he cried on and on from all the guilt he had done to the great leader of Royal Duo.

 

-

 

Sora hid behind Taehyung as the guy approached the crying girl.

“Sohee… I was wrong, please forgive me, I was wrong…” She threw herself at Sora’s feet but Sora flinched and tugged Taehyung’s jacket in return. Taehyung couldn’t remember her well, everything about his past in that school still seemed so vague. But one thing for sure, this girl was a threat to Sora.

He saw the fear in Sora’s eyes as the other girl hugged her legs.

“Move. Who are you? What do you want from her?” Taehyung pushed her away from Sora.

“Don’t you remember me? Hyeri… Lee Hyeri. Oppa, you can’t remember me?” She sat on the floor hopelessly. Sora didn’t know anything about his relationship with her in the past. He could’ve had kept it from her as they didn’t spend 24/7 with each other. There was still school that kept them apart for a few hours. It could be that Taehyung did know her then.

“I need to tell you something important… but first, can you let me in? I have nowhere to go for now and-”

Before she could continue, Sora already opened the door, standing by the door frame as she waited for her to move in. Hyeri didn’t know it was that easy to plead for a stay. She knew that Sora had been too naïve. For all her life, Sora had been oblivious to danger and that was the only thing that Hyeri was fond about her.

Taehyung held Sora’s wrist before Hyeri could step into the apartment. “Are you sure?” He asked.

Sora nodded and Taehyung proceeded to carry the girl’s bags into his room. He willingly gave up his room for Hyeri to stay in while he took the living room to sleep at. Sora advised Hyeri to have a rest first before she could explain everything the next day. Abiding her, she slept soundly in Taehyung’s bed after a brief wash up.

Taehyung on the other hand, sat on the couch as he stretched his legs on the coffee table. Sora came out of the bathroom with her dripping wet hair, walking over to Hyeri’s room to check whether she was asleep.

“I checked on her just now. She’s asleep.” Taehyung informed her.

Sora still went in to assure herself and could see Hyeri’s sound and worn out face as her tangled hair rested on Taehyung’s pillow.

“Will you be okay?” Sora whispered, being considerate to not wake Hyeri up.

Dusting off the cushion, Taehyung assured her that he’d be fine. Just then, Sora walked into her room, leaving him alone in the living room. He thought that she wanted to call it a day without bidding him a goodnight. But Sora brought out her pillow and dropped it on the floor which left Taehyung to straighten with questioning eyes.

“I don’t feel comfortable sleeping all alone… I’ll sleep here for tonight.”

Taehyung eyes followed her every movement as she laid on the floor with just a blanket and a pillow, not complaining about the discomfort at all. “Hey, have the couch.” He sat on the floor next to her laying figure. It left him baffled when Sora laughed instead. She turned to her left to face him as she tugged the blanket close to her chin.

“I guess you don’t remember a thing about this one?” She huffed a laughter again. Taehyung shook his head, wanting to listen to what she had to say. “Before, I own the floor. The couch was entirely yours.” It was unfortunate that Taehyung couldn’t remember a single detail of it.

“I have yet to remember that one though… anyway, who is she? What wrong did she do to you? You paled a little when she was begging on her knees.”

Sora thought that it was a little too obvious. She was indeed traumatised by the penknife incident three years ago. But Hyeri said she had nowhere to go and she looked pitiful from the way she begged. Even though she felt a sense of pity over that lady, she couldn’t help remembering Sunmi’s words.

“She is jealous of you. You have everything now… that’s why she did that to you.” She recalled the time when Sunmi came back to school after the incident. It was logical, of course. Sora hit the jackpot for being related to BTS and BAP, the guys that swooned the girls’ population in Kyungnam High. But it’s not as if she asked for such a life anyway. Life chose her, so might as well live it.

“It’s not a big deal. I was just shocked, that’s all.” Sora smiled a convincing smile at him.

But Taehyung pulled her shoulder before she could turn her back on him.

“No, it’s not a small thing. You make a really bad liar, you know that?” He scoffed.

Sora was suppressing a gulp, thinking she was at the dead end. “Can we wait until tomorrow? Wait until she says it by herself? I refuse to tell you why and right now my mind is too occupied to even come up with a good lie.”

Taehyung jokingly rolled his eyes on her, sulking as she didn’t want to say it out.

“Okay then, I’ll hear her out tomorrow. You should have some rest Sohee.” He looked down at her dearly and it almost made the girl skip a beat. Those deer-like eyes and pointed nose… those were the features that caught her eyes all the time. In the past, she’d touch the corners of his eyes whenever he fell asleep next to her and even trace her finger along his nose as his skin glistened under the fluorescent lamp, waiting for her touch.

Sora snapped out of her random thoughts and shook her head obviously. “Yes, um… I need some rest… goodnight.” She stuttered. She slid back to where she slept in and Taehyung could only sit there, left baffled by her controlled movement.  

“Goodnight…” He uttered.

He thought it was a little early to bid farewell. After all, it would be a Saturday the next day and he thought that the girl would’ve said that she didn’t mind staying up late. Now that she wanted to sleep in, Taehyung had to climb up the couch with many questions in mind. He wished to open up more to her but seems like there were more days ahead of them for him to stand a chance to do so.

Maybe tomorrow, Taehyung. He coaxed himself to sleep.

 

-

 

Sora woke up, not seeing Taehyung around. She got on her feet and searched the house for him.

“Ahh… Taehyung-…”

“Stay still…”

Sora stayed in her vulnerable position as she heard some coming from Taehyung’s room. And she was sure that it was Hyeri’s voice. Some lewd images popped up in her mind and she was really paranoid, trying to rid them away. She in her breath and barged into the room.

“Oh, Sohee… will you spread this on her arm for me? I’m running late for work.” Taehyung passed the ointment to her and showed her the few bruises that she should be lenient on. Sora felt an overwhelming gush of relief that swept her by her feet. Why did she feel that way? She ignored the fact that she cared and immediately continued where he left off.

“I’ll get going first.” He hollered. Sora jogged to the front door to send him off and as Taehyung appeared, she was at lost as of what she wanted to say. Sora then realized that her hand was on his arm, not allowing him to proceed out of the house.

Her touch made him ponder as of what she was thinking right now.

“Is there anything you want to let me know?”

Sora nodded and he anticipated her respond. He was expecting anything but a kiss from her. The moment Sora tiptoed to peck him on the cheek, he reddened instantly. Taehyung was really speechless. Even if he wanted to smile at her, as a sign that he loved those defined lips on his cheek, he couldn’t.

“Oh wow um… i-i will be back by evening.” He was blushing crazily, hastily wearing his shoes and stumbling over his untied shoelaces as he made his way down the stairs. Sora on the other hand couldn’t see that coming. She thought it was rather funny and cute as she saw his rosy cheeks glowing even more obviously. Guess she was just too happy and relieved that nothing else happened before her eyes.

 

“Sohee? Can we talk?” Hyeri was resting against the door frame, looking apologetic. They walked back into the room and Hyeri held her hand, pulling Sora down next to her.

“Are they still painful? We can make a trip to the clinic if they still sting.” Sora examined her troubled hand. Honestly, Hyeri had to admit that those were darn painful. She purposely hurt her own self to earn pity from Sora but she didn’t know that it was just too easy to win her heart. If only she knew the access to her home was that easy, she wouldn’t have had injured herself that much.

“No, I’m fine… really. I guess this is what I get after what I had done to you. Karma taught me a lesson.” She sighed with a decent smile on her face, showing as if she was glad that the heavens had opened her eyes, evening out the bad deeds that she had done to her.

“It’s just a cut Hyeri, it’s nothing as compared to this. Besides, it’s been many years now… it’s really not much of a big deal. Let’s not rake this up?”

But Hyeri gulped. Her acting was too believable that Sora felt that she was too pitiful.

“Anyway, how did you get here last night? Tell me what happened, maybe I can help you out.”

It was too sudden when Hyeri broke down. She whined, covered her face with the palms of her hands. “I’m afraid no one can help me… or us.” Sora became confused. How on earth could her getaway involve them as well? She then asked, “What do you mean us?”

“My brother… He knows that Taehyung is back. He’s coming to get back at him after the mess that happened back then in London. I tried to stop him the other night but he did this to me… I have no other place to go but here. So at least if he tries to get through any one of you, he has to get through me first.” She cried a tear again.

Sora her back, hoping that would calm her down. “That’s really nice of you Hyeri but… why would you do all of this? Why are you so persistent to save our lives?”

“Because I feel guilty for what I had done to you. And also… I haven’t moved on. For three years, I yearn to see Taehyung’s face and I don’t want him to be taken away in the hands of my brother right after he finally found happiness here.”

“Hyeri… You did all of this just because you like Taehyung oppa?”

And the other girl shook her head.

“I think I love him enough.”