Entry :: {19}

Sora's Diary: A Twisted Tale of Love (Sequel)
 

"Sora's Diary: 

A Twisted Tale of Love"


 

Entry :: {19}

 

Sora snapped out of her trance after she put back the puzzle pieces of reality in its frame. She pushed him by the chest and he complied. Sora traced off with an unsettled mind, leaving the guy whom she wanted to see most, alone.

Taehyung clutched the cloth over his chest and slowly lowered his head as he thought of the stupid thing he had done.

I messed up. Taehyung thought.

 

-

 

“It’s perfect. Thank you so much Secretary Hong.” Mrs Jung beamed as she walked into the conference hall. Daehyun sat in one of the chairs at the round table, showing up at the venue just to display some commitment. He was fiddling with his phone when Eunkyung came with a cup of fruit punch in her hand.

Daehyun looked up at her with the least expression he could ever possess.

“How’re you doing with your speech?” She asked as she took a seat next to him.

“It’s not my first time doing this.” Daehyun boasted.

Eunkyung nodded her head and looked at the stage as the banner was starting to be lifted up. She let out a blow to relieve the anxiety that was building up in her.

“Why?” Daehyun noticed the change in her of all sudden.

“Nothing, just nervous…” She kept on eyeing on the stage and turned her head to look at how big the capacity of the hall was. She could imagine the many people filling up this space. Not only her stage fright was getting her but also her fear of being in the eyes of many people was scaring her off.

“You’ve been to many events before, why still feeling nervous?”

“This place is just so big… and usually you’d be the one making the long speech but this time I’ve a lot to say too.” She balled her fist anxiously and made a slight exercise to loosen up her stiff jaw. Daehyun was disturbed by her fidgety movements and finally thought that he should help her with her stage fright issue.

“You memorised your lines already, right?”

“Read each and every letter for a million times, yes.”

Daehyun kept his phone in the front pocket of his jeans and stood up. “Let’s get you to de-stress then.” Eunkyung blinked at him and Daehyun sighed. He grabbed one of Eunkyung’s hands to pull her up and led her out of the two-ways door.

Mrs Jung caught the sight of them leaving. It was the first time seeing her son taking initiative to lead Eunkyung. Her smile widened and she hollered at them, “Kids, where are you going?!”

“We’ll be back before five.” Daehyun made a turn to face her. Mrs Jung heard the word he mentioned, we. She gladly allowed them to take their leave. “Don’t be back too late, Eunkyung needs more time than you to dress up.” She reminded him. But Daehyun scoffed, knowing exactly what his mother was feeling. Overjoyed, yes. He didn’t give her a reply but walked ahead and letting go of Eunkyung’s hand gently.

They made a short drive to a convenience store and Eunkyung was exactly clueless as to why he brought her there out of all places.

“Um Daehyun…”

Daehyun snickered and walked into the store, scanning the instant noodles section. He felt so comfortable in his casual attire and seeing Eunkyung in thin layers of makeup and her casual clothes too made him so relaxed as though the both of them were free from schedules and as though they were both normal people.

“In the past I used to come here to de-stress myself. These ramyuns are a great healer.” He smiled warmly as he thought of the time when Sora would bring him to any convenience store and they would have their lunch or dinner there.

Daehyun picked his favourite spicy cup of noodles and told Eunkyung to pick one. Eunkyung was indecisive as she never really tried one from the cups before. She was uncertain and also a little bit conscious as she looked at the nutrition table on the cup. “One cup isn’t going to kill you.” He voiced out. Eunkyung then picked a similar one as his and they went to the counter to pay.

“You’re weird today and you’re scaring me greatly.” Eunkyung said after Daehyun took a seat at the provided eatery area for those who want to have a quick bite at the convenience store itself. “Why? I’m just trying to help you calm down because I promise you later is going to be hell if you’re going to keep on panicking for four hours.”

Eunkyung lowered her head and bowed slightly at him. “Thank you…” She mumbled.

“I like the spicy ones because they make me forget about my worries in a while. Though I’ll still have to deal with them again later, at least a short break from them will still do.” He peeled off the packets that contain the garnish and seasoning powder. After doing them, he passed the cup to Eunkyung. The girl was taken aback by his sudden humbleness but she still received it anyway.

“There must be something about today that makes you excited, right?” Eunkyung couldn’t help but to ask. Daehyun knew that she wasn’t going to be pleased with his answer so he didn’t show off a brilliant smile that he would have done so if it weren’t for Eunkyung.

“It’s been so long after the trip to Jeju, if I were you I’d be happy too.” She knew that he’s subconscious at the moment. In his mind was only filled with Sohee and Eunkyung came to accept that a long time ago.

“You learned the best of both worlds, Daehyun. I’ve never seen any child of the influential companies of this country eating at a place like this, saving up hundred times of what they usually spend for a simple meal. It’s really great that you met Sohee.” Eunkyung praised. Her assumptions were accurate and they weren’t something that Daehyun could deny.

He slurped on his noodles and wiped the sweat that came down his temples.

“You should eat it before it gets cold.” Daehyun pointed at her untouched cup as she had only been looking at him eating.

Eunkyung folded her sleeves and prepared herself to eat it the way Daehyun did. Daehyun laughed when she gasped for air as she fanned herself since the gravy burnt her tongue. He jogged into the convenience store and paid a bottle of plain water before handing it to her. Eunkyung undid the cap instantly and gulped down the water.

“Is your mouth heat-resistant or something?!” She shrieked as she learned previously that Daehyun kept on shoving the noodles into his mouth, not blowing the food at all. Daehyun chuckled and laid his cup on the table after he finished the content.

He waited as Eunkyung eat her food slowly and even talked about things that they had never touched on before. It was probably just a way to cool her down before a big event.

 

-

 

Guests streamed in and people took their seats as they waited for the event to kickstart. Sora looked around and spotted some of her campus friends whose parents owned a partnering company that’s associated to the Royal Duo too.

In less than 10 minutes, the emcee already took his mic and started to greet the mass of people. Sora shifted her seat next to her mother and listened on till the important people of Royal Duo make an appearance.

Sora wasn’t attentive in any other things except when Daehyun and Eunkyung came up to give their congratulatory speech to the leaders. She made a slight eye contact with Daehyun and just that simple occurring could’ve made her day. The couple then went down the stage and followed up with Mrs Jung to cut the stacked cake. The flashes coming from those professional cameras literally blinded Sora but she was amazed as the three main characters of the day were so composed and they endured the gleaming lights well.

Soon, the buffets were revealed and people queued to grab some food on their plate. Sora sat down and shortly after, she felt a tap on her shoulder. Eunkyung waved at her and sat in a chair next to her.

“Daehyun is talking to some of the guests.” She informed Sora. The latter certainly wasn’t expecting him to be there but she returned her a warm smile to acknowledge it.

“Have you eaten? The queue is kinda long, I can bring you some from the kitchen.” Eunkyung offered. Sora turned down her effort as she didn’t want her to ruin her perfect dress. “You did well on the speech.” Sora commented and Eunkyung described how hard it was for her to deal with her anxiety until Daehyun stepped in to help her before the event started. Sora wasn’t envious at all. She knew that Daehyun was that kind of person to help people and she was confident that no matter what happens, his heart will always stay with her.

“I can’t really hear you. Too many people here.” Sora informed Eunkyung. The other lady then suggested that they have a walk outside of the conference hall.

As they walked out of the hall, they spotted some chairs at the lawn and walked towards them. Just then, they saw Daehyun and one of the guests standing closely to each other but it made the girls curious as to why there was some sort of tension between them. They weren’t even talking at all.

“Daehyun?” Eunkyung called out and he looked up at them. The person standing right in front of him too turned his head at the feminine voice.

“Bbangie?” Eunkyung said in surprise. Sora was astonished when he was there as well, she her heels and attempted to walk back into the hall. She still wasn’t ready to see him yet after what had happened the previous week.

“Sohee.” Taehyung called out calmly. She froze and stood still at her spot. Then, she felt a hand that grabbed hers and it pulled her gently to bring her to them. Sora squirmed a little as it was discomfort that she felt as his hand touched hers.

In no time, she was already facing Daehyun and Eunkyung. Right next to her was someone whom she reckoned three years ago.

“You both know each other?” Eunkyung asked Taehyung. But before he could answer that complicated question, Daehyun clenched his teeth and slurred, “Let her go.”

Taehyung complied as he let go of her wrist gently and thought that he should answer Eunkyung’s question from before. “She was my sister.” Sora looked up at him, feeling hurt over that as she had always loved being his sister. But now that he denied it, it broke her heart into pieces.

“You’re free to judge me but like I’ve said, i don’t see her as a sister anymore. You heard me clearly this time, Daehyun-sshi.” His sharp glare towards Daehyun tells that they could’ve discussed about something earlier on that made them on a different line now.

Sora saw the rage in Daehyun’s eyes and she needed a moment to know what exactly Taehyung said to provoke this guy.

“Let’s not behave this way here, there are people around.” Eunkyung slung an arm around Daehyun’s arm to pull him away as their intent gaze says everything. They’re certainly not on good terms. Sora tucked on the hem of Taehyung’s vest to tell him to back off as well but Daehyun lost his cool. He paced forward and left Taehyung a great punch across his cheek.

The girls gasped and quickly picked them up, begging for them to stop this before anyone could bring the news to the media that were in the hall.

“ing rascal, she’s your sister.” Daehyun spitted after Taehyung recovered from the assault.

“Just because she’s yours, you can’t tell me what to do. I’m not Kim Taehyung anymore, I’m V.” He smirked and that only made Daehyun angrier as he came to learn whatever that happened to him in the past three years.

It angered him as V refused to acknowledge Sora and it angered him as V now turns into his potential rival.