Entry :: {33}

Sora's Diary: A Twisted Tale of Love (Sequel)

 


"Sora's Diary: 

A Twisted Tale of Love"


 

Entry :: {33}

 

Sora jerked in bed as she felt herself falling in her dream. Only then, she realised that it was already daylight. She shuffled herself out of bed but dropped back again on that soft mattress as she felt a strong force pulling her head backwards. It only left her to think how much she had drank last night.

The aroma from outside was surprisingly strong and she squinted her eyes to have a great focus at where she was heading to despite her pounding mind that tried to bury her vision away.

She gasped at the sight of the table that had breakfast readied on it. An omelette, two sausages, two pancakes and a hashbrown settled neatly on the pastel plate.

“Oh you’re awake? Thought that I could leave this as a surprise after I’m done with everything.” Taehyung appeared at where the fridge was. He poured a glass of orange juice and set it on the table next to where the plate sat at. Sora narrowed her eyes down at him wondering what the special occasion was but she sat down anyway. “Are you making up for whatever that happened during my birthday?” She blatantly questioned as she poked the texture of the foods to see if they were well-cooked.

Taehyung paused momentarily and thought that maybe she didn’t remember whatever things she had said the night before. He nodded his head without any further explanation to be made. After all, things might get a little awful if she learned the truth that came out from her own mouth last night. Taehyung assumed that she forgot the part where she said that she had reserved some feelings for him and he also assumed that she was oblivious to last night’s incident and hence, still expecting him to retrieve his memory as a brother of hers.

Taehyung was weak at making a guess. Though he believed that Sora was finally opening up to him, he was confused whether she could remember last night’s event and whether she still treated him as a brother that she had lived with for 15 years.

“Sohee,”

Sora looked up instantly with that dishevelled hair of hers, jumping out of place since she never bothered taking a look at herself in the mirror before sliding into breakfast. But Taehyung found it cute anyway. He thought that he was used to seeing this image of her and it made him really comfortable when her flaws showed even though it hadn’t been a month yet since they had lived in their old apartment together.  

“I’m working at my company for today. Since you have class slightly later in the afternoon, do you mind me bringing you to my workplace? I’ll send you back to the campus after we have our lunch. I just… have many people to introduce you to. Especially my dad.” He smiled a gentle smile with a little blush there right on his cheeks. But it was too noticeable for Sora to ignore.

“That sounds great! I bet they’ll be pretty confused if you break the news to them that you have a sister. Did you talk to them about me before?”

Taehyung’s shoulders slowly depressed and his smile gradually turned into his neutral expression too. “Y...yeah.”

So what he guessed was true. Sora forgot about whatever they talked over last night. He did give it a thought that he wasn’t going to expect much from their relationship but right now, he felt utterly depressed as he wasn’t going to stand a chance to let her win her heart if she was going to look at him as a brother again.

 

-

 

They got off the car and left untraceable footprints to the building. Taehyung led her to the ground floor and tapped his card on the hi-tech scanner that granted him an access.

“Good morning, sir.” One of the staffs greeted him and gave Sora an unsure nod.

“That’s rude of you, Lee Taewoo. This is Kim Sohee, Welix Enterprise’s last daughter.” Taehyung sneered.

Only then, he greeted Sora with a respectful bow after the introduction was made. “Ah yes… I’m pretty sure we all know who Miss Kim is.” He blushed. Sora was rather awkward there as she didn’t know how to reply him kindly. She looked up to Taehyung and only then, the latter grabbed her hand and swept her away from the entrance after he instructed that guy to retrieve some files.

“Feeling awkward? There are more people coming in your way though.” He smirked pleasingly but Sora was feeling anxious of all sudden. She gripped his hand slightly tighter without her realizing but Taehyung could feel her sweaty palm already.

He led her to his office and along the way, some of the staffs and interns would greet him. They didn’t know how to address Sora but Taehyung taught them simply. As they stepped into his office, he breathed in the air deeply and spread his arms widely.

“Ahh… How I miss this place!”

Sora chuckled and sat in a leather couch which was placed close to this desk. “You’ve been working in the campus for too long.” She agreed with him. Taehyung sighed and took his seat in the study chair.

“Sohee, would you like to work here for your internship?” He folded his arms, looking extremely charming in that formal blouse and silk tie.

“I’m fine with it.” She showed some appreciation towards him with a tight smile. Her positive response made him pleased. He loved it even more when he’s closer to her. Taehyung was about to look through some files when the door opened and a man walked in. He looked young for his age and it was Sora’s first meeting with him.

“Good morning, Mr Ryu.” She bowed hastily, pouncing from her seat to greet the older man. He laughed heartily at her quick act and returned her the same greeting. Taehyung got up from his seat with a wide smile on his face too seeing his father and Sora meet for the first time.

“I’ve heard a lot about you, Miss Kim. V is immensely fond of you.” He chortled once again but Taehyung reddened badly. He wasn’t expecting Ryu to say that on their first meeting. He shoved a leg towards his father and Ryu took a hint to seal his mouth.

Sora felt some tightness on her cheeks, trying to maintain that smile of hers. Ryu walked over to the set of couches that Sora was seating at and so did Taehyung. They each took their seat and Ryu was the first to break out a conversation.

“How have you been, Miss Kim? Are your parents doing fine?” He asked. He seemed to know her parents well but Sora didn’t know how well he knew them. She only knew that he’s been their family detective for as long as she was missing and he was a factor to the finding of Welix Enterprise’s last daughter. She was thankful for his help however, she wished her mother could’ve told her everything about him, everything about their past.

“They are doing well, Sir. How about you, are you well?”

Ryu smiled to himself and nodded. Sora had to admit, he really looked handsome and was really young to have a son of V’s age. It made sense that V wasn’t his biological son but it wouldn’t make sense to others who knew nothing of their story as they looked like great business companions instead.

A soft knock was heard and the door opened shortly. The three of them turned their head towards it and a male staff politely informed Taehyung that a call was waiting for him. He took his leave and that left Sora with the older man in the room.

“Taehyung gets really shy when he talks about you. You see that for yourself, right? He was tongue-tied the moment I showed up.” Ryu joked. Sora could laugh as well as he was extremely friendly and his face didn’t show any stern expression at all. It made Sora at ease to be talking to him even without Taehyung around.

“Um… Sir? I’d like to thank you for the deeds you had done for my family. I didn’t get to meet you before so I’m sorry for thanking you late. It really means a lot to me.”

Ryu cleared his throat the moment she was starting to talk seriously. He could see through the sincerity she was trying to convey by the way her eyes glistened. A faint smile crawled up his lips and he told her it was nothing. It was his job back then and the reward was entirely huge. Of course, he’d have helped to find her even if it’d have taken him years.

“I’m glad that that’s the least I could do for you. Many bad things had happened in these past few years… and I’m absolutely grateful that you have at least your family to support you. V isn’t picking up things as fast as the doctors predicted and I’m truly sorry for that.”

His face expressed sorrow as if he was the one that had caused all of these. But it wasn’t his fault, Sora knew that. He didn’t have to apologise for anything but yet, he did. Ryu thought that he wasn’t good enough to father Taehyung but boy, look at where they are now. It was all fate that led to this. There wasn’t exactly anyone to blame on.

“You don’t have to apologize, Sir. I’m just thankful for whatever you had done. If you weren’t a help, I’d probably be left all alone without a family and Taehyung oppa would be behind the bars for years. That’d have been more miserable for me. What you did was extremely something that I have to appreciate for the rest of my life. It doesn’t matter if he can’t remember me… At least it’s better than him having to suffer despite his innocence.”

Her words touched him deeply. It was as if he had made a big change to her life and also V’s. He didn’t know he was that capable but things already turned out this way.

Ryu adjusted himself in his seat and then clasped his hands. “So, is everything in your new house okay? V said that the pipes weren’t working. I guess he got too comfortable with our home’s system for him to complain that much.” Sora thought that the guy could live with that like how he did for years, but maybe not.

“Everything but the pipes is well, Sir. V hasn’t been complaining to me about it though, I guess he’s more comfortable with you.” She giggled.

“Yes, maybe he is. He talks about possibly everything. But he’d switch to a reserved guy once he’s with anyone else and I’m guessing he’d be more controlled whenever he’s with you too.”

Sora agreed with him. Taehyung had never been too expressive towards her. Maybe he’d talk about his day and what were the things that made him happy but it certainly didn’t include the littlest details like how a person’s smile was able to put his mind at ease.

“The V that’s really open with you is exactly how Taehyung oppa would express himself towards me. But I guess I’m still new to him, he doesn’t really talk that much with me.” She explained.

Ryu pouted and thought of a way that maybe he could get the two together. He felt bad that he was doing well with V but Sohee, who knew him for years, was struggling to have him back.

“The both of you should go on a short trip or something. He had been wanting to go to some big carnival in Busan. He saw the flyers somewhere and told me that he was going to see the fireworks there. I don’t know what his initial plan was but it seemed like he was going to head there alone the last time he told me. Maybe you should ask him out first and the both of you can spend more quality time together.” He suggested. Sora sat in her seat awfully after he gave his words. It came down as awful for her as his father was consenting them to go on a trip together when normally parents wouldn’t allow their child to do so. But then again, he had no right to have complete control over V. He’s just a foster child.

“T-thank you… I shall think about it.”

Just then, Taehyung walked into the room and asked what he had missed. The two of them sealed their mouth and faked a smile that he was oblivious to. Ryu got up from his seat and walked towards him. He patted his shoulder and with a smirk before heading out of the door.

“What did he tell you?” He grew even more curious and immediately asked Sora when the girl was the only one that stood there in his office.

“Nothing, just some of your secrets.” She thought that it could at least make his heart drop at the sound of it. Taehyung’s eyes widened and he rushed out of the room instantly to catch up with Ryu. Sora watched him from the back, laughing at his panicky movements and wondered if he really had any secrets to hide from her.

She then took a while to comprehend the stuff that Ryu had suggested earlier on. That carnival, the one in Busan. She had been there twice and could never forget the date of the event as it was important for her as much it was to Daehyun.

But she wondered, should she go for it this year? It was a given that Taehyung was going despite her company or not. She wanted to spend more time with him but the chances of Daehyun being there was definitely high as well. Sora wasn’t going to let the same incident happen again. She wasn’t going to be a reason to Welix Enterprise’s downfall.

Taehyung barged into the room once again as he panted and Sora’s mind was cleared from all the thoughts as soon as he appeared.  

“No, seriously, what did he say?”