Entry :: {FINAL}

Sora's Diary: A Twisted Tale of Love (Sequel)

"Sora's Diary: 

A Twisted Tale of Love"


 

Entry :: {45}

 

It felt like a dream.

A dream where nothing else is standing in between me and the ones I love. Mom, dad, Himchan and Taehyung oppa, everyone is smiling ever so brilliantly for once. For once, there is no more trouble ahead of us and it is the only time no one has to shed a tear of regret or sorrow.

Isn’t it too good to be real?

I then realise I am getting too deep into my thoughts when one of our helpers is expecting a response from me. She lifts the dress that is coated and the layer around it to reveal the piece of beautiful dress to me. She makes sure her hands handles it pretty carefully as it is the only dress that can’t find its replacement once ruined.

“Shall we get you dressed now?” She beams.

 

 

--

 

 

“I’m finally seeing my son getting married, huh?” Mr Jung utters when he adjusts the bow around the neck of his son’s blouse. He hasn’t seen his son blushing around at the mention of any girls before and to be seeing this moment has brought him so much regrets as to how he had left his son to the hands of his many housemaids as this is one of the few moments he has ever seen him this blessed.

“I can’t imagine what now would have been if only we were a step late and you were to be married off to the Shin family’s daughter… I don’t think you would be as content as now and most importantly, that smile you’re wearing right now wouldn’t have shown this much. I’m pretty glad that you’re now happy with the one I chose for you as well.” He pats his back and stifles a laughter.

Daehyun turns to him, astonished. “You… chose Sohee?”

The elder one nods. “Well, it’s either one of the twins and I thought that even if they were going to be a few seconds or minutes apart from each other, the youngest is always the one that pours the family with more love, affection and riddles. She’s going to take really good care of you, son.”

It is something that is supposed to comfort him but it saddens him of all sudden that Sora didn’t grow up with her parents’ love and affection in the first place but she still grew up to be a girl with a cheerful smile, feeling sufficient and grateful of her life back then when all she had was only Taehyung. It was Taehyung that took on the role of her father and mother for the years she had lived and she grew up happier than he, who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Just how much should he thank Taehyung for letting her grow gracefully?

“I didn’t mean to upset you by reminiscing the past… it’s just that after all that happened, i’m more than glad this marriage is as much as I can give for the both of your happiness.”

Daehyun gives him a meek smile and says, “Thank you for your blessing.”

 

 

-

 

The sound of bells chimes in the hallway and it echoes a long way where it reached the waiting room where I am in. My bridesmaid leaves the room to grab us some drink and it is only a waiting game for now as to wait for the ceremony to begin.

It isn’t long when the door creaks and a head pops up to check on me. I almost jump out of my seat when BTS, except for Taehyung oppa, shows up. They are dressed elegantly and they lift my excitement with their compliments and praises about my stunning gown as well as my appeal for today.

A photographer walks in to take a photo of us and everyone stands at their spots behind the wide sofa I am seating on. But right after the first flash goes off, the door swings open to reveal Yongguk followed by Youngjae, Zelo and Jongup. Silence breaks the joyous moment we are having a moment ago that even the photographer, who has no clue of their history looks at both parties in doubt. Did something that I do not know of happened?

I in my breath the moment BAP walks forward to the platform where we are on, keeping their poker faces on – But as for Yongguk, his menacing eyes threaten not only me but all of the guys that are standing behind me as well. Their eyes stay connected and the gap between us was getting smaller…

I ought to say something in case this were to cause a fight. “Guys-”

“Say cheese!” Jungkook yells and the ten of them hurriedly pose for the polaroid camera that belongs to Jin. Everyone then howl a laughter when the flash goes off and I am in my shocked expression. I stutter over some words, not believing the situation they had just played.

“We got over it, Sohee. We’re good now aren’t we, Jongup?” Namjoon states and Jongup nodded and winked playfully at me.

“Kim Sohee, keep your mouth closed, you need to rehearse some pretty expressions if you’re going to walk down that aisle later.” Jin is holding back a laughter when the polaroid of the moment we captured a while ago comes out clear. He shows it to me with some of the rest looking beyond my shoulders to have a look of it as well. Indeed, everyone posed lovingly for the camera when the bride was caught with wide eyes and a hanging jaw.

“Keep this as a memory, you need this more than we do.” He laughs again and again.

I sigh heavily but looking at the conversations they were having behind me, the unglam moment doesn’t matter to me. It must have been surreal to have the worse two gangs of our high school back then to not only reconcile but come on really good terms despite the scars and bruises they had given one another. It suddenly didn’t occur to me that they were once on really bad terms as those smiles I am seeing certainly didn’t drop me a single hint.

My bridesmaid, Kang Chaeyeon, who became a great friend throughout our years in college, comes in utter shock to see the room suddenly full of men. She suddenly trips over a land of wires, spilling the drinks she had in her hands, when the door she closed behind her opens abruptly.

Taehyung oppa jerks in surprise at the incident he had caused. He hurriedly helps Chaeyeon on her feet and it is a scene that brought a smile on my face when they meet each other’s eyes. Chaeyeon has always been shy in front of guys and when her hands touched Taehyung’s, her bashful expression is adorable for me to poke fun at.

“I’m really sorry, it was thoughtless of me to open the door that harsh.” He looks away, certainly nervous to meet her eyes too.

“No, it’s okay… I’ll get a new one.” She stutters and walks away reluctantly until Taehyung oppa offers her some help. “I’ll go with you.” It is a different kind of smile they share and I can almost forsee where this new beginning is about to bring them to, which added on to my happiness. There had never been a series of joyful happenings in my life. For it to be happening now, it gives me a sense of disbelief. Is this really going to be my life from now on? A series of happiness day by day? Have heavens finally opened their arms to me?

“I guess it’s Taehyung’s wedding after this.” Suga speaks and everyone laughs again, poking fun at our self-decided couple.

The fun is cut short when an attendant peeks in to remind that the ceremony will be starting in a few minutes’ time. The rest then excuse themselves to leave for their seats in the hall. It is then when Chaeyeon rushes back in to apologise for being late. Of course I can’t let this teasing pass. I inch closer to her and smirk knowingly at the incident earlier on.

She is turning red like before. “If it’s going to be you, i acknowledge it.” I tease once more before stepping down the platform and Chaeyeon carelessly helps the tail of my gown.

“I think this is what they say about love at first sight…” She blanks out innocently with a palm over her chest. Oh, the thought of founding love, I still remember that feeling and it’s still living in me now.

I walk out of the room with Chaeyeon by my side before she hands me over to my father who is waiting outside of the room. He taps his feet nervously with his hands locked behind his back. It seems that he is even more nervous than I am right now.

“Oh, Sohee…” He gasps seeing me in the simple yet stunning wedding dress. It must have been a dream of his to see one of his daughters in such a beautiful dress on such a special occasion. He smiles dearly before offering his arm to me to which I sling mine around his. It is the first time I ever held his arm.

My father is surprisingly a loving man, one that I didn’t know of as he would always leave for work in the wee hours and getting back home later than he should. Work has always been his priority and little had I felt his affection in the late years I became a part of the family.

He my hand that touches his arm, a look of sorrow that fills his eyes. It seems that he is still unable to approach me as well as he did with his other children as he has always felt ashamed and sorry for all the past that I had been through without his or mom’s love.

He only clears his throat as he turns to look at the door that we have come to, “It’s a little too fast, isn’t it? I’m handing my daughter over to someone when I barely had any time to treat her my own…” He is about to break out in tears as his lips are starting to tremble.

“There you go about it again…” I try to console him with a teasing tone and he hurriedly wipes the tear that streams out of his right eye. “I just want to let you know that even though I had never expressed myself well, I love you so much, Sohee. I’m still regretful over what you went through in the past but I’m very glad that we still managed to find you.” So that seems like his speech for me on this day.

His words sufficed those days where I grew up without a proper family. No matter what happened now, it’s not the past that I’m clinging onto anymore. It’s only the present and future that I’m seeking ahead of me. My family shouldn’t be feeling sorry anymore as they should know better that those past experiences had shaped me into someone stronger.

I laugh a little at the sight of him turning emotional and wipe his tears away with the tip of my fingers. “The doors are opening soon, hurry compose yourself.” I say. And he chortles as well.

Soon enough, the voice of Ryu, who volunteered to become the MC for this ceremony, calls for us and the doors slowly open. The hall is filled with many people and blinding flashes that hide my vision for seconds but amidst them all is one smile that keeps my eyes still for as long as I am walking down the aisle.

His tender eyes that never sway away from mine grow some tears that surged out from nowhere. The closer our proximity grows, the more I can see him trying to in his breath to remain as composed as he can. Daehyun’s eyes then start to waver when we were five steps away from each other. I had only seen in videos where the groom would break down and throw his shield the moment the bride turns up but never in my thoughts had I seen this coming – A moment where Daehyun, the once ruthless and merciless guy crumbles in front of his soon-to-be wife. That is enough to show his appreciation for me. I’ve felt so loved and genuinely understand how he is feeling towards our relationship.

Two steps, now one.

My foot lands right in line next to him and he turns around to face the front. It confuses me how he shows a change of emotion. From one that was dear to me and in the next second, he is building his tough walls just so he won’t break down like those grooms in those videos.

The priest says a speech and my eyes are idling nowhere. I am still wondering whether this is reality. I wanted to pinch myself for selfishly thinking that I deserve being in this luxurious hall as well as being a wife to a great man. I wonder…

“Kim Sohee…” Someone whispers and I turn to look at Taehyung oppa holding onto a tray with a fluffy cushion that holds the small box of our wedding ring. I gasp carelessly and a few giggles can be heard from the first few rows of tables. Taehyung oppa only shakes his head and waits for Daehyun to accept the rings.

The feeling of excitement fill my emotion tank and it gives me the thrill when my husband’s manly fingers brush mine as he slid the alluring ring on my finger. I can’t register the moment as I have been zoning out a lot on the most important event of my life. It is really hard to believe that we’ve come to this stage where we wanted the most. 

“Jung Daehyun,” The priest then calls.

Taehyung oppa scampers to his seat and the both of us turn around at his command.

“Are you willing to accept Kim Sohee as your wife?”

“Yes, I do.” His affirmative voice is another detail that touches my heart.

“And Kim Sohee, are you willing to accept Jung Daehyun as your husband?”

I turn to Daehyun, who is looking at me as well. His eyes showing a little fear in any case I were to say no.

“Yes, I do.” I reply.

The look of relief on his face is precious. His smile grows wider the moment the guests in the hall soar and cheer even before we are pronounced husband and wife. The old priest looks at the crowd while shaking his head, hoping to silent everyone before he finishes his last few sentences. “I shall now pronounce you husband and wi-“

I am taken aback when an arm wrap my waist and I am forcefully made to turn to Daehyun. His head tilts right on cue and our lips lock. It is a shocking turn when the priest hasn’t finished his words and the crowd rises, laughing at my impatient husband who rashly dives in for the kiss.

We smile in between kisses and our eyes stay intact as well. My arms then make their way to the nape of his neck and the bouquet of flowers that is in my hands is thrown to the crowd and by the time it reaches a pair of hands, Chaeyeon looks up to me in confusion.

The priest who exchanges glances at the both of us shakes his head once more before his closes his notebook, leaving the stage. Daehyun breaks the kiss and laughs at how the grumpy priest leaves almost instantly. And I can only see how happy he is in this very moment. The sparks that are shining and beaming in his eyes right now hasn’t always been there. It is only today that I have seen it shining ever so brilliantly.

“I guess we’ll have a long night to spend later…” He is already on his page of rated jokes and it makes me turn red just by the thought of it.

Ryu then hit the mic and calls out for our families to have a phototaking session together. My parents, Himchan oppa and Mr Jung come up to the stage until my parents turn to Taehyung oppa with a shocked expression at him for not considering himself as a part of us. It is really silly of him to remain in his seat as thought he hadn’t raised me up for almost all my life.

My mother who is initially standing behind me, gives her spot to Taehyung oppa and he is made to stand in front of Himchan oppa as though he is the first brother I’ve ever had.

Relatives then take their turn as well as friends that we’ve created so much memories with. But after the ceremony is done with, we arrive once more in our room to change out of our wedding attire as our flight is already waiting for us.

Chaeyeon hands over my luggage that i’ve packed days before our wedding. And now here we are, in our casual clothes, meeting in front of the building where our wedding took place. BAP, BTS and our families are there, waiting to see us off. The boys cheer and clap once more when they see me strolling out with my bags.

“Have a safe trip, Sohee.” Hoseok wishes me.

“Daehyun has a lot of weird kinks. Call your brothers if you feel the need for them to collect him. Or maybe keep me as #1 on your speed dial.” Youngjae warns but all of us are close to crying as we laughed.

My parents then approach me as well as Himchan oppa and we give one another a warm hug as they wish me a safe flight as well. And last but not least, Taehyung oppa. He seems to be waiting for me to come to him as he mingle around with BTS. I only give him a slight tap on his shoulder and seal my arms around his neck the moment he turns – No matter how old I age, I am still going to be the same kid that he had raised.

“Have a safe trip, Sohee.” He says the same as he the back of my head gently. I break the hug and return him the smile he gives while we are still swaying our hands together.

“Remember to eat well. No matter how busy you are, don’t ever skip your meals.” I nag the same way he used to nag at me. He rolls his eyes and nods his head.

“You’re already nagging at me now. I see that you’re a grown woman now, huh? One of my dreams have come true then, to see you getting married.” He smiles to himself. Such a fool he is, still prioritising my happiness before his.

I then hold out his hand and open his palm to write a series of numbers on it. He tries retracting it throughout but only realise that it’s a phone number in the end. I shift my eyes to Chaeyeon who is standing at the back of the pillar, hinting that he should now start to seek for a new beginning. But he only laughs and ruffles my hair. “Care about your honeymoon first, child.” He sticks out his tongue.

Daehyun then strolls out and gives a few hugs and handshakes to BAP and BTS as well before he shares a short conversation with his father.

“Your husband has come, it’s time to go.” Taehyung oppa pats my back. Himchan oppa comes next to us and waves at me as well.

“Goodbye dear brothers, i’ll be back soon.” I say as I lean forward to land a kiss on both of their cheeks. They laugh cheekily before waving once more. Daehyun then gives me a nod before he helps me out with my luggage. A few more steps to the car and we are in.

We look behind at the huge family we have right there and wave to our heart’s content until they are out of our sight.

“It’s just the two of us now.” Daehyun gives a smirk that ensures he’s definitely up to nothing good. I shove his nearing head away but it still comes back close as ever.

“That kiss though… it reminds me that Youngjae just warned me about your kinks…”

“Oh sorry, I didn’t let you know because I’m afraid you’ll leave me.” He fakes a sad face and it had me giggling.

Daehyun then sighs and his eyes wander on the floor of the car as he holds my hand. “I suddenly felt nervous when you didn’t reply ‘I do’ right away. I thought you were going to run off or something.” He rants ridiculously and I pull his face closer this time, leaving a peck on his lips to assure him that I am never leaving a great man behind.

“You’ve been through a lot, Sohee. I can’t believe we’re married either. That ring on your hand and mine… It’s an ending I’ve never thought would happen.” I look down at him, whose head is already laying on my shoulder while he’s still embracing my left arm.

“Me too,” I reply.

“I remember the day you got engaged to Eunkyung. My heart really tore into pieces. I cried a lot that Himchan oppa stayed up that night to comfort me. But to be having you right now makes me have a look twice whether it’s really you that has become my husband. Gosh… even the term is a little weird… my husband….”

Daehyun the back of my hand a few more times before laying a kiss on it. “And you’re now my wife.”

He says it in loving way that it has become something that my ears want to hear again and again. I never see this coming, a day where he won’t call me by my name but rather, an affectionate term that a married couple share.

“From now on nothing is getting in between us, Sohee. I can promise you that.” He gave a tender smile with his tired eyes and I bring his head down to my shoulder again to let him have a rest.

He nestles comfortably in my neck before sitting up with half-lidded eyes.

He gives small pecks again and again before deciding that he hasn’t had enough of all the lip lockings we have shared today. His hand snakes behind my neck and pushes his tongue right between my lips. For this time, our eyes close and we share a passionate kiss rather than before.

“For as long as I’m breathing, I’ll say this to you everyday to let you know much in love I am with you, Kim Sohee.”

“I love you.” He said that countless of times as far as I remember but there he goes again,

“I love you, my wife.” And our heads come closer once more, leaving more pecks of love on each other’s lips.

 

Sora’s Diary :: {Final Entry}

I love you too, Jung Daehyun. 

 


 

(a/n): Hi guys, this is a relatively fast update i guess xD Now we've come to the end! Thank you so much for your patience (if you're still reading this haha) I have no words to describe how thankful and grateful i am for this many amount of subscribers. Thank you so much for taking interest in this fic and i'm sorry if it's lacking a lot of things. I am not a great writer and i'm still learning how to write, as English isn't really my native language so i did my best to pour out my thoughts and express the characters' feelings. It's been a great journey with you all so i thank everyone sincerely once again. See you in my other upcoming/ongoing fics if you are interested! Goodbye! :) <3