Entry :: {39}

Sora's Diary: A Twisted Tale of Love (Sequel)
 

"Sora's Diary: 

A Twisted Tale of Love"


 

Entry :: {39}

 

“The second daughter of Welix Enterprise was reported missing with Chasung Tourism Company’s co-founder”

Daehyun only stared at the headlines of the newspaper. He couldn’t even feel the tear that streamed down his cheek. It was until he felt a soft on his back and he looked up to see the distressed Mrs Kim trying to comfort him despite herself being in a more difficult position.

“Mrs Kim… I’m so sorry about this… We’ll find her, I promise you that. Taehyung will keep her safe, you know that right?” Daehyun’s voice went dry and Mrs Kim then let go of the emotions she was restraining. As much as Sora had been through many tragedies in life, Mrs Kim too, was on the verge of losing another child that she had missed for all her life.

Himchan couldn’t bear seeing his mother in this state once again and went over to wrap his arms around her. Seeing that she probably needed some time alone, Daehyun excused himself from the police station and took a rest in his car. “You didn’t turn on the heater?” He asked Eunkyung that sat in the passenger seat, freezing along with the cold weather.

She was stiff as ever, not speaking a word since morning. She seemed more traumatised than anyone else was and Daehyun probably could understand how it felt for the first time to lose someone you once talked to. He only rested his arms on the steering wheel and leaned his head against it. It had been days since he had fed himself properly but that wasn’t his concern at all. All he wanted to know was Sora and Taehyung’s location badly.

 

-

 

The day dragged longer than usual. Daehyun thought that it’s only right if he had sent Eunkyung to her house first before heading back to the police station to cooperate with them regarding the case.

They bid goodbye and Eunkyung dreadfully walked up the stairs of her home. She was so into her thoughts and couldn’t contain her emotions anymore that her legs gave up on her. She fell on the stairs, sobbing as she covered with her hands so that no one could hear her.

A day after the incident took place, she got home in hope that the two would be found again soon. But her prayers were disrupted by a terrible discovery she found out that night.

“What are you planning to do with them? You aren’t going to hurt them, are you?”

Eunkyung brought herself closer to her mother’s room and placed her ear on the door to have a listen to it, only realising that it was better to not know a thing.

“If you’re asking me, since the clan that works with you is professional at erasing off their tracks, it’s better to just kill them and until the end of time, people will forget about this event and only think that they were two kids that went missing forever.”

“I can’t stand it each time Hyejung’s daughter keeps on coming back and ruin our plan of marrying your son with my daughter. It’s better to just wipe her off if you have the chance to. After all, you still owe me one and if you get this work done, you’re almost close to paying off your debt.”

Eunkyung stumbled backwards and had to catch the railing to support herself. She didn’t want to believe what she just heard. What’s more impossible was her own mother’s voice saying out those words… Was she really the person that raised her up?

She was traumatised more than anyone, she couldn’t hide her own fear and emotions, afraid anyone figured her mother out.

Eunkyung didn’t know who to save. Sora… or the woman that gave her life?

 

-

 

She lost track of the time that she had spent in that abandoned warehouse. She even forgot how she got there. Forced handling, rash pushes and violence were all she could feel on her arms and shoulders.

The door then swung open and someone came in to toss her a bun and left a cup of water at the foot of the door. Although her stomach was grumbling so bad, she didn’t want to eat until she could meet Taehyung. The guy that handed her the food then stomp up to her and yanked her hair back. “EAT.” He demanded as he forced the bun into . Her retaliation was futile as he was stronger.

“Soohyun, stop.” A lady’s voice interrupted him. She walked in with her boots and fur coat, topped with her floppy brim hat. Sora looked up at her as she gritted her teeth. “Hyeri.” She hissed.

“Nice seeing you again, Sohee.” She laughed a sinister laugh. It made Sora repulsive to know that she was behind all of this. “Where’s Taehyung? Why are you doing this to us?!” She demanded for an answer but Hyeri only squatted in front of her while she sneered away. “Because you deserve it.” She smirked. The way she smiled mockingly pissed Sora so bad that she spitted in her face and Hyeri only shut her eyes in disgust and stood up to wipe the mess off her face.

She then looked back at the seething, helpless girl while she spoke to the guy in the room. “New instruction, Soohyun. Kill them off today,” Hyeri then rolled her eyes on Sora. “Ahh she frustrates me so bad I want to do more than just a kill but what would that be?” She asked Soohyun to frighten Sora even more but she wasn’t even feeling afraid. She only wanted to know how Taehyung was doing and how she hoped that they hadn’t laid a finger on Taehyung.

“Instructions?? Who are you working with?” She caught on fast.

Hyeri then her heels and smiled brilliantly at her. “Well, since today is your death day, I guess it’s only fair for you to know who’s your prime killer.” She teased. “It’s none other than the nation’s most capable lady also known as the mother to your lovely boyfriend.” She sang it out while she skipped out of the room.

It only left Sora speechless as useless tears fell. The man next to her wasted no time as he picked her up forcibly and dragged her out of the room. They walked a distance and she found that it was a double storey as well as a torn down warehouse with many small rooms. They got to the end of the floor and went into a room that was slightly bigger. From a few steps away, Sora could hear a deep voice grunting in pain and she recognised that instant that it was Taehyung’s voice.

She ran ahead of the guard that then captured her arms and pressed on them painfully. She almost cried out but she thought that Taehyung was suffering more than she was.

The moment the door of the room opened, she saw Taehyung’s hands being tied as well and three guys were against him as they kicked his body, face and just anywhere they could land their dominant foot on.

“Leave him alone!” She screamed and the guys turned their heads to the door as they laughed mockingly. “Leave him alone? Why not you join him?” One of them dragged her in and threw her next to Taehyung. 

He looked very exhausted with a bruises and blood that marked his face. “Oppa…” Sora cried as she cupped his face. He gave a small smile with droopy eyes, almost making her think that he was going to pass out soon. “I’m glad you’re okay…” He whispered as his head rested on her shoulder. This was the worse Sora had ever felt. To witness someone you love being tortured and was hanging on to his life isn’t something you might want to experience even in your dreams.

“How can you say that... Until the end you’re worrying about me… When will you ever put yourself before me?” She slung her arms around him and hugged him very tightly. “I won’t let them touch you, Sora. I won’t…” He said full of determination depite his bleeding self.

Just when someone was charging at them with a brittle wooden chair in his hands, Sora tried to protect Taehyung the moment she saw his motive of swaying the chair onto them. The chair broke as it hit her back and she jerked in pain while she was still hugging Taehyung in her arms. She struggled to not whimper and remain strong for Taehyung but he retaliated in anger.

Just a second ago, he was all weak and useless but he then gave his everything to stand on his feet and yelled at the top of his voice for whatever they had done to Sora. He began sprinting and launching at one of them, using all the strength he had to kick the other guy. It was all so impactful that the ropes around his hand were loosened.

Taehyung’s move was so fast that he caught the pistol in one of the men’s back pocket. He quickly aimed at them to which they surrendered as that was their only deadliest weapon. “Lead us out.” He instructed but the rest were unsure of what to do. They slowly agreed and were giving signals to one another as they pretended to bring them out of the room.

In a flash, they snatched the pistol from Taehyung’s grip and pointed it to Sora’s head. Sora caught her breath and faced Taehyung in absolute fear. “DON’T YOU DARE!” He wanted to take a step forward but the person threatened to pull the trigger. That only made Taehyung stand in his place and the pistol then was lifted off the side of Sora’s head.

“I’m warning you, anymore trouble from you… we’ll skin this lady alive right in front of you.”

Raging tears strolled down Taehyung’s cheeks as he couldn’t imagine having Sora being treated that way.

They then left the room and locked the door. Taehyung hurriedly untied the restrains around Sora’s wrist and she hastily pulled him in for a hug as they both wasted their tears together. “Did it hurt? I won’t let them touch you again, I promise.” He pressed her back to check if it was hurting but Sora only cried harder not because it hurt but because he was hurting even more but he cared more for her pain. It had always been this way.

“Thank you for staying alive…” She said in a hushed voice. Taehyung the back of her head and left her a kiss on her temple. “Thank you for staying alive too…”