Entry :: {44}

Sora's Diary: A Twisted Tale of Love (Sequel)

"Sora's Diary: 

A Twisted Tale of Love"


 

Entry :: {44}

 

“Sohee honey, no, not that. Try this on.”

Sora had been changing bags for as long as her mother’s wardrobe haven’t ran out of it. She sighed countless of times when Mrs Kim kept on changing her look even though she found her outfit perfect enough.

“It’s just a dinner, eomma…” Sora tried to remind her again but Mrs Kim pretended to not hear her daughter’s whining.

“It’s just a dinner with Mr Jung and his son, you mean.” Mr Kim who just walked into the room, huffed a laughter and sat at his favourite corner while looking at his beautiful daughter dressing up for the important date.

Sora twirled in her wheelchair and looked at the full-length mirror realising how beautiful the makeup that her mother set for her, looked that night. She gave her mother a grateful smile and Mrs Kim clapped her hands, seemingly in a hurry to send her daughter off. Mr Kim then sat up and pushed Sora out of their room, wanting to send her off to the car that was waiting outside.

There came a charming man who went out politely with a gesture to welcome her in. Sora didn’t know how she could blush despite seeing him for many times already. But tonight, he looked surreal. That groomed hairstyle, that flawless skin and pouty yet glossy lips that made her mesmerised from the moment she set her eyes on him…

“You ready?” His voice broke her out of her trance and Sora was caught off-guard by what he was about to do next. He lifted and carried her swiftly into the car which made Mrs Kim gasp and squeal with a little excitement as though she was seeing her daughter off for her first prom. Sora herself couldn’t hide those thoughts and shyly waved at her parents.

The gentleman closed the door and greeted her parents with utmost manners before going to the opposite side of the car. Sora felt her heart racing incredibly fast as though it was the first time she had ever fallen in love. But it wasn’t wrong to feel that way either as this had been the happiness that she had been seeking for all this while.

Daehyun turned his head to her with a smile that instantly brightened up her world. He told the address to the chauffeur without lifting his eyes from Sora’s. She must have felt that she was the luckiest person on Earth to be deserving a guy that loved her for who she is. But to him, he must have felt luckier to have an alluring and graceful being by his side.

“A..Are you going to stare at me like that till we reach our destination?” She whispered.

Daehyun laughed heartily realising the pink tint on her cheeks weren’t blusher anymore as they grew further intense as he drew nearer to her face.

“You look really beautiful today, Sohee.” He praised and that almost blew Sora away as her face went really red this time. She then shoved his head away with her fingertip and glanced out of the window to avoid anymore embarrassment.

Meanwhile Daehyun only smirked in content as he rubbed the back of her hand with his thumb, hoping she would like the pleasant surprise that awaited her.

The restaurant came into sight and Daehyun opened the door for Sora once again, carrying her to her wheelchair and proceeded into the fancy building. Sora noticed the area where people dined in with their lovers but they were heading into a room where only VIP could reserve.

In the large room that Daehyun led her to, had Mr Jung as well, waiting for their arrival. The delightful smile that stretched on Mr Jung’s face soothed Sora’s heart and it pleased her by how he was eager to have her around. She bowed with respect towards him as Daehyun pushed her to the long table, opposite of where the great leader of the Royal Duo was sitting at.

“It’s of a very great pleasure to meet you, Sir,” She flattered him and he gave a laughter that reminded her of Daehyun. As what they say, father and son are alike.

“I am glad to have met you as well, dear.”

A waitress came in to pour them drinks and Daehyun gave a tip to her as she made her way out silently. Mr Jung lifted his glass in an attempt to cling glasses with the other two to start their dinner. Sora reached out with her glass as well as Daehyun and they cheered with wide smiles on their faces, seemingly extremely delighted to have this meeting.

Daehyun’s father then took a sip first before mentioning something that he had been so eager to announce.

“Today, I came as a father instead of this nation’s leader,”

Sora placed her glass down on the table and looked up on a serious note.

“My son has prompted me to clear out one of my nights to have this dinner and he said it would be a special one as it would mark the beginning of something new. Now I’m not sure if he wants to take over the speech or should I just say it in place of him…” Mr Jung chortled when Daehyun’s face flushed a tint of red at his cheesy words.

One of their men approached the table and placed a small box on the edge of it. Daehyun was a little embarrassed when all eyes were on him when he received the small item in his hands but he shrugged off the awkward air as this was what he had been planning for days.

He took out a folded paper from underneath his vest and coughed a little to urge their men to leave the room, leaving only his father and Sora as witnesses. The last man closed the door and he then stood up from his seat.

“This is going to sound a little unlike me but please bear with my words,”

And Sora anticipated with a grin.

“When I first met you, I didn’t know that you’d be someone that I’d fight with or maybe someone I’d fight for… You were that girl that went the extra mile to heal me in that new workplace of yours and you were also that girl that was the target of our gang to weaken our greatest enemy. If only I had known that you were going to be the girl that I’d love with all my heart, I would have treated you better. Yes, I regret not treating you better.”

“My life had been lonely until I met you. Being the only son born in a huge mansion only led me to troubles as I loved seeking for them. And one of my favourite troubles is you, Kim Sohee. You taught me how to put my problematic hands into good use and you taught me that this heart was capable of love, not only hate. If only I could turn back to the moments where I first met you, I’d have cherished you better and kept you by my side. But regrets can’t be undone and the only opportunity I can seek right now is to have you by my side now. I am now asking for your hand in marriage, Kim Sohee, would you like to spend the rest of your life with me?”

His eyes moved from the paper to where his other half was seated. Her eyes were b with tears and he revealed the small box he was holding onto. The pretty and dazzling ring radiated so much and it brought a surprise to Sora when she noticed how lovely it looked. Daehyun held the ring and waited for her response to which she only nodded and those heavy tears fell on their own but this time, they teared out of happiness.

Seeing how she shed tears of happiness this time moved him as well. He would like to be the reason for her smiles and he would definitely want to change those sadness and frowns into an endearing smile from now on.

“You should say I do.” Mr Jung chuckled even when Sora found it hard to say a word.

“I do.” She spoke, with the words fading at the end as she was controlling her emotions before they fell out of place.

Daehyun then slid the ring onto her finger and lowered his body to lay a kiss on her forehead. Both Daehyun and his father then laughed even with those tears coating their eyes when Sora finally broke out of her tough attempt to keep her emotions between the walls.

“Thank you for loving me.” She finally cried while tugging on his suit and Daehyun her hair in return giving her more kisses on the top of her head. Mr Jung only watched the two, reminiscing his first love which passed on, for how Daehyun loved Sora reminded him greatly of how he had loved his first wife.

“No, thank you for marrying me.” Daehyun said. 


 

(a/n): sorry for the incredibly late update but this will mark the second last chapter! Thank you all for reading and taking interest in this story, i didn't expect it to have a lot of readers but this much is already an accomplishment for me to which i'm very thankful of :) So, let's all get ready for the last chapter? ^^