Entry :: {36}

Sora's Diary: A Twisted Tale of Love (Sequel)
 

"Sora's Diary: 

A Twisted Tale of Love"


 

Entry :: {36}

 

A pair of thick heels clanged against the wooden floor. She then sat in the chair, ordering a cup of hot coffee for herself on a rainy evening. Not too long after her arrival, the heavy doors of the café were pushed open, with a cold embrace of air entering by the gushing wind from outside.

“Good evening, Mrs Kim.” The newly arrived Mrs Jung greeted. Mrs Kim stood and bowed at the older woman and sat only after the latter. The two exchanged smiles before Mrs Kim handed Mrs Jung the menu. “A hot drink sounds good at a time like this, doesn’t it?”

Mrs Jung sneered and pushed the menu aside.  She called for a waiter and ordered the same as her friend.

“So, it’s good to know that you’re having a break from work too.” Mrs Jung smiled softly at her. Mrs Kim chuckled and expressed the same way for the older woman too. “It’s been a while since we talked like this. Let’s see… maybe fours years now?” Mrs Jung agreed. Mrs Kim was about to say another thing but Mrs Jung kept her words short. “Sorry if you think we’re going to have a nice chat for an hour or two here but I just wanted to let you know…”

The warm smile on Mrs Kim’s face dampened. It had been a while since they last met but her friend had a new vibe on her, almost as if Mrs Kim couldn’t reckon her any longer.

“My son is getting married in a few months’ time. And i’d be glad if you keep your daughter a distance away from him.” The changed woman looked up at her friend and kept her cold gaze on her until she was going to give in to her demand. Mrs Kim huffed a laugher, showing a sense of displease. The two women kept their silence as the waiter came by and served Mrs Jung her cup of coffee.

Mrs Kim took in a deep breath and kept her volume low as the waiter left the spot. “I’m sorry if my daughter has been a part of your concern, Mrs Jung. But may I ask why, why do you detest her so much? Why does it have to be Eunkyung when my daughter could have filled in instead?”

“You don’t have to know why, Mrs Kim. Shin Eunkyung is a prudent young lady that i’m immensely fond of the moment I set my eyes on her. I trust that she’d be a capable Second Lady of this company.”

But Mrs Kim sighed in slight irritation. That still didn’t answer her question as to why Sora was lacking to her. “Sohee is a capable daughter to me. She’s standing strong on her feet despite many challenges she had been through. I wasn’t asking for more from a daughter that I had lost for fifteen years, Mrs Jung. But she even did us proud on her academics,”

“Daehyun was the only person she could turn to for happiness. After the boy that looked after her left, Taehee left her side too. Even as a mother,  i feel like I have failed her although these things are beyond my control. Why can’t you just let them be together, Naomi… Not only for my daughter, but your son too…” Her voice began to shake. Mrs Jung knew about everything. But she couldn’t let the two together. It was for her own sake and for the debt she was trying to pay off.

Mrs Jung stood up abruptly, dragging the chair along with her movements. “I came to tell you not to let your daughter near my son anymore, i have no more time left to negotiate.” She said curtly before grabbing the handles of her bag and walked off towards the door.

But before she forgot about her untouched drink, Mrs Jung left a big note on the counter before leaving the place without getting her change.

 

-

 

“D..daeh–”

“Imo, I didn’t know you had company.” Daehyun uttered as he kept his eyes on the two other guests. Imo was stuck in between, not knowing the best way to survive this tensed atmosphere.

“Thank you for the meal, Madam. The weather is not that bad yet, we’ll get going now.” Taehyung stood up from the dining table, grabbing Sora’s wrist. Meanwhile, the girl only fixed her eyes on the dishes that laid in front of her. She was afraid to look at him once again. Because once she lays an eye on him, it will take forever to forget their past. Sora hated how fate would always bring them back together.

Taehyung scooped the bags that laid by the wall and bowed at Imo. Sora on the other hand gazed at the floor and gave a slight bow at her after Taehyung did so.

“The weather is getting bad, kids. On a day like this, accidents are very common. Please, stay here for a night?” Imo took a step forward and tried to convince Taehyung. “Yeah, Imo is right. Stay here for a night, you can leave by tomorrow morning if you want to.” Eunkyung suggested too as she saw the uncomfortable look in Taehyung’s eyes.

Daehyun looked at Eunkyung as he felt how unbelievable it was to have her convincing the other guy. It made him an outcast that instant. He stormed pass the four other people and made his way to the guest room that he called his.

“Just for a night, that’s my only request.” Imo asked again as she cared for the kids’ safety genuinely.

 

-

 

A girl always dream…

But for once, this dream isn’t trying to kill her.

One, two, three children ran down the stairs with a wide smile plastered on their face. She felt light as she went into the kitchen where a handsome back greeted her. But before she could tap on his broad shoulder, reality started to pave in.

Sora sat from the mattress she was lying on. She looked around her to see Imo in between her and Eunkyung. What happened that afternoon wasn’t a dream after all. Sora was worried for Taehyung. He didn’t come out of the room ever since Imo allocated a guest room to him. And so did Daehyun.

Sora got out of the sensitive mattress and opened the door carefully as she often looked back at the two other sleeping figures. Her eyes landed on the clock and found that it was only 9pm. Everyone was already fast asleep?

The door opened and she closed it silently. The living room appeared right before her eyes and the room opposite of the women’s was where Taehyung slept in. She made her way to the door and opened it more carefully. She could only see Taehyung’s sound figure with his back facing the door. It seemed like he was asleep too. Sora felt a bit relieved to see him asleep. She closed the door and turned back to the living room.

Strangely, the place was slightly darker than before and she could only stand still and wait for the slight night blindness to die off. Sora was about to lay her hand on the side table where an antique glass stood until she felt a warm hand holding her.

“That’s Imo’s favourite antique.” A deep sound informed her. Sora pulled her hand away from him instantly when she could see bits of his face. “Do you need help on your way back?” He asked.

Sora shook her head confidently. There were many questions, many stories she had to share with him but she just couldn’t. With the situation they’re in right now, she ought to remain silent and just pretend that his existence means nothing.

Sora took some baby steps with her hands stretched out to feel if anything was in her way. Daehyun only stood behind her and gulped on the glass of water that he took from the kitchen. He had seen Sora’s weakness many times before. He knew what to predict once she insist on walking through the darkness on her own.

“Oh–” Sora gasped as she felt that a vase was about to fall. Daehyun rushed to her side and held the vase in place before its base could fall off its surface. Daehyun shuffled to the switches and turned the lights on. The girl that was regaining her vision stood there dumbfoundedly as she squinted at the blaring lights.

Her eyes travelled to the guy that stood opposite her. He had a glass of water in his hand and he gulped on it again to finish the remaining water. It made her stuffed to be seeing him like this again. So close, so calm and ever so beautiful. Sora then made a quick run to the kitchen and grab a mug before pouring some of the lukewarm water into it. She was sweating like she always did whenever she was nervous.

“Hey,”

“Ohmy go– You scared me,” Her chest heaved faster than it should and she placed her hand over it to calm herself down. The man in front of her didn’t budge. He only stood there and watched her panicky movements. Daehyun’s soft gaze gave himself away. He didn’t want to take his eyes off her.

“Sohee–”

“You should go inside. Somehow, your mother will find out about this. I don’t want to put us in such a difficult situation.”

Daehyun looked outside the wide windows that was furnished with just a thin laced curtain. He walked to the switches and dimmed the lights of the kitchen. “They can’t see us now.” He whispered.

The kitchen island was the only thing that separated them and Daehyun could only stare deeply in her timid eyes as they faced each other. He moved closer, leaning towards the marble counter. Only then, he could see her glowing skin and glossy lips. “Daehyun… aren’t you afraid? She warned us before that this will be the end of us once we meet up again. Aren’t you afraid if she finds out about this?”

“It’s not our fault anyway. Can we blame fate?”

“Daehyun..”

“It kills me Sohee. I don’t know how to live on anymore. The people that I love, the people that I grew up with, the life that I used to have… they’re gone.” His eyes were filled with tears that became heavier as he spoke. Sora saw the way his lips trembled as he said out those words. It seemed to hurt him so much that it took him a while to say them.

Sora slowly reached out for his face and those tears started to fall. This vulnerable side of him never fail to make her feel the same way for him. She had been there before. She lost many people by her side too and she could empathise him. Her tears fell naturally the more he sobbed. It had been a while since she last saw Daehyun like this.

Daehyun grabbed her hand that stayed on the counter. He brought it closer to his chest as he lowered his head in shame. His tears grew heavier and he felt some heat searing the tips of his ears. He had never been so broken before. The truth hurt him so much and there was nothing he could do about it.

Just then, he felt that his left shoulder was pulled harshly. His hands that held Sohee’s parted and he surrended himself to the other man.

“I had enough enduring these scenes. I promised myself to only interrupt if you ever make her cry. And of course, you did it again.” Taehyung rolled his eyes on him and let go of Daehyun’s sweater. He made his way to the opposite side of the counter and grabbed Sora’s hand.

“V… It’s not what you think it is…”

Taehyung turned and glared at her as he knew she was going to defend the other guy. Sora immediately sealed her lips and followed him from behind.

“V? Do you remember now? Even after you’ve lost some of your memory, your hatred towards me doesn’t change, eh? Those eyes that are full of grudge… It’s been a while since i’ve seen them, Kim Taehyung.”

Taehyung sighed deeply and blew his fringe that drapped slightly below his eyebrows. He felt like he was being provoked. A part of him was raging when he heard that mocking voice again.

Taehyung let go of his hand that was holding onto Sora and made a turn to face Daehyun. From a distance, he could hear Sora gasp as he approached Daehyun furiously. His fist was light yet powerful at the same time as he flashed it right across Daehyun’s cheek. The latter fell on the counter and laughed on his own. The sight of it infuriate Taehyung. It made him want to trample this guy over and over although he had no reason to do so. Something about him made Taehyung agitated.

He picked Daehyun by the collar and brought him closer to his face. But before Taehyung could even have a look at him, Daehyun sighed. “It’s sad that your hatred towards me didn’t fade away, Kim Taehyung. You remember me now, don’t you?” He huffed a laughter. Daehyun smirked and a part of his teeth were covered with his own blood that oozed out from his lips.

“The bag… the bag of pills you used to feed Sora. Do you remember that day? We stole that bag from you. I was that ing guy you hated the most.” Daehyun only sniggered and coughed as he laughed again. But he wasn’t intending to stop.

“At the abandoned building near those industrial factories, your great friend Jimin broke his arm after a great kick he received from Yongguk. Your members bled a lot that day, don’t you remember? And that night we tricked you into the empty warehouse and you witnessed your sister fall from the cliff because of a charging van. Do you remember everything now?”

Taehyung then felt a side of his head pound. It was a sharp pain that lingered for what seemed like eternity. His eyes widened in pain as he looked at the guy that was scoffing away. “I see, you remember everything now, huh?” Daehyun provoked him again. Taehyung threw the guy aside and held onto the counter tightly. He pulled a fistful of his hair to rid the pain but no matter what he did, the pain only worsen.

“V!” Sora ran hastily towards him but he was already sitting on the floor, clutching his hair as he panted heavily. “He’s remembering something, Sohee. Let him be. Bring him a glass of water.” Daehyun told her off as he looked for a painkiller in the drawers. Sora was afraid and panicky at the same time, she was afraid if anything were to happen to him. “Daehyun, hurry where’s the painkiller!” Sora shrieked as she cupped Taehyung’s face. She wept a little to be seeing him in a torturous state.

Tears streamed down Taehyung’s cheeks out of pain and Sora brought him closer to her as she hugged him tightly.

Daehyun found a box of emergency kit and handed those pills to Sora immediately. She brought the glass of water to his lips with her shaky hands and fed him the pills. Daehyun and Sora watched him fervently as he began to cool down a little. But his chest was still heaving heavily. Taehyung reached for Sora’s hand weakly as he laid his head on her lap.

The way his hands looked for hers and the way Sora leaned closer to embrace him made Daehyun bitter. Daehyun only looked at them from a distance, unable to say another word after the verbal attacks he made on Taehyung.

“Daehyun… what did you do… h-he’s not waking up...” Sora cried as Taehyung laid soundly on her lap and his hands went lifeless as they dropped the moment Sora let go of him. Daehyun pushed himself away from the cabinet he was leaning on. He rushed to Taehyung’s side and checked his pulse. The boy was still breathing.

“Move back, i’ll bring him up.” Daehyun placed an arm over his shoulders and gathered all his strength to bring Taehyung on his feet. They took small steps and entered the guest room. Daehyun made him rest on his bed and brought the covers to his shoulders. “What did you do, Daehyun…” Sora stood by the door and looked at him in disbelief.

Daehyun was starting to feel afraid of his ownself. Whatever he did earlier on was supposed to help Taehyung regain his memory. He was only trying to help by stating some crucial parts of his life. Detective Ryu relayed to him the doctor’s condition before and Daehyun knew that once Taehyung was starting to feel the pain, it was a sign of him retrieving some of his memories.

But now the crucial point is whether or not he’d wake up.

“I was only doing what Detective Ryu told me to. He thought that this could be a way to make him remember some things, Sohee.”

“If he doesn’t wake up then you’re simply killing him, Jung Daehyun… How could you do that to him? To my brother?” Daehyun started to feel a burden of committing a crime. He was silently praying for Taehyung to wake up once again. He placed a hand on her shoulder guiltily as she wept. Sora kept herself silent to not wake the others up even though she felt the need to cry out loud. Her fear of losing Taehyung again heightened once again.

Daehyun then opened the door that was shut behind Sora. He patted her back solemnly to persuade her out of room until they heard a mumble behind them.

“K..kim Sora..”

Sora rushed towards Taehyung and Daehyun turned around as well. He was expecting something from him. It would be a shame if Taehyung woke up as though nothing crossed his mind. At the very least, he wanted him to remember at least one happening from the past. Daehyun took small steps slowly towards him as he saw the way Taehyung looked at Sora with droopy eyes.

The girl held his hands once again to assure him that things would be fine.

“Kim Sora…” Taehyung uttered again one more time. Sora nodded with warm tears moistening her cheeks as she responded to his call softly. Daehyun’s ears perked this time.

“I remember you.”