Entry :: {1}

Sora's Diary: A Twisted Tale of Love (Sequel)

 


"Sora's Diary: 

A Twisted Tale of Love"


 

Entry :: {1}

 

He took in a deep breath before taking another step forward. The flashes were blinding his eyes and he wasn’t in a mood for questions. Guards stood next to him and asked him if he was ready to make a move. He nodded and put on his shades. A neck scarf muffling his mouth area and a plaid linen hat that could save him from the outbreak of his bad hair day.

The sliding doors parted and a commotion came about. People were again pushing one another to shove their recording mics into the face of the young heir.

“Daehyun-sshi, what’s your opinion of being assigned to Royal Duo’s local branch?” That’s the only loud question that he could make out among the others. He looked down and continued walking. It wasn’t a surprise that the media from before was still tailing him till the exit.

“I’ll do my best.” He slurred.

The guards swept him away from the many people and they got into the car immediately.

“Sir, there’s no schedule left for today. Your aunt will visit you in the evening, though.” The secretary announced. Daehyun uncoiled the long cloth around his neck and responded curtly to acknowledge the itinerary. The driver looked at him through his rear view mirror and smirked at the young master whom he hadn’t seen in 2 years.

“Welcome back, young master.”

Daehyun was closing an eye before but he exhaustedly opened it to glance at the older guy.

“Glad to be back, Mr. Choo.”

 

-

 

Daehyun spread the shaving cream over his chin and was about to slide the blade over it but a small container fell off his pocket. He stared at it solemnly before bending down slowly to pick it up. He placed it on the bathroom’s glass platform before attending back to his intended task.

He couldn’t keep his eyes off the small object. It spoke a ton of memories and he felt greatly sorry.

Two years ago, he couldn’t wait to return to his homeland and claim the girl whom he loved. But in two years too, things changed. He became the heir of Royal Duo, he felt the pressure of work and he barely made room to think of his meals, hobbies and even future.

To the extent that he gave them up to fate.

The phone rang and he wiped the wet area with a face towel. Daehyun walked over to the device and waited for the caller’s duty.

“Jung Daehyun of Apartment 628?” Daehyun acceded to it and was told of a guest that he was anticipating. “Thank you for your acknowledgement, your guest is on her way now.” The caller waited for the receiver to end the call before he hung up.

Daehyun fitted himself into a warm-knitted sweater and trousers before waiting for his guest. In just a few minutes time, the doorbell rang and he jogged to welcome her.

 

“Aigoo, Daehyunnie…”

“Imo,”

The aunt hugged her nephew which struggled him from closing the door. “I’ve missed you so much. Your mother didn’t let me visit the States, that’s bad of her.” His aunt mocked playfully. Daehyun laughed and invited her into the living room.

“I’ll get you a drink.” He was about to stand but his aunt insisted on that. She held onto his hand and examined each and every of his features, the bulkiness of his arms and broader shoulders. She the side of his arm and viewed him dearly.

“You’ve manned up.” She chortled.

Daehyun scoffed and returned to his seat. He missed her and everyone he had left too. “I bought you something, hold up.” He walked into his room and handed her a designer’s bag that was wrapped neatly in a box. His aunt wasn’t expecting such a luxurious gift but she was thankful anyway.

“Imo, have you fixed your front door?” Daehyun reminded her again. It had been 3 years since she let the loose joints be. She then nodded enthusiastically and put her gift aside. “Sohee came with her brother to fix it.” She got excited talking about the girl that he knew.

“S..Sohee?” Daehyun repeated in disbelief. That name caught his attention and he couldn’t deny that he was hoping to hear more of it.  

His aunt nodded again and waited for another solid reaction from him but Daehyun remained speechless. He wasn’t expecting a help from Sohee but it made him feel even more remorseful and the guilt in him just piled on. “Why? You look like you’ve seen a ghost. So what did you get for everyone and Sohee?” She chimed. But Daehyun hadn’t got time for those. He just bought a gift and that was meant for only his aunt.

He was about to respond but a sudden knock on the door came about.

He flinched and had doubts dashing across his mind. The people at the reception counter gave him no call and he wary of who it might be. Undoing the latch of the door, he turned the knob to see her peeking through the widening gap.

“What are you doing here?” Daehyun’s voice flattened.

“Mother told me to come here and greet Imo as well. Annyeonghashimnikka,” she bowed after making her way into his apartment. Daehyun groaned and let the girl be. Meanwhile, Imo hummed softly when she greeted her. Daehyun felt apologetic that his aunt’s trip might be wasted since she wanted time alone with only him but the other girl had to come.

“I believe we have met before, Imo. But since it’s our first time like this, let me introduce myself formally. I’m Shin Eunkyung, daughter of Mollin Tolls’ Company. But well… I go by Daehyun’s fiancé now.” She bowed again and Daehyun’s aunt scoffed lightly without being noticed by her.

“I see, I think we’ll meet again some other time, Daehni. I feel unwell of all sudden. I guess it must be the air in here.” Imo slung a handbag over her shoulder and was prepared to leave. Daehyun mouthed sorry since a newcomer ruined their meet-up.

“See you next time honey. Let’s have Sohee along in our next meeting.” She suggested. Daehyun couldn’t totally agree with that yet but he nodded tentatively as he witnessed the woman who raised him up, leave. He closed the door and returned back to his living room.

His eyes laid on the lady who rested in his armchair. “How did you get in here?”

She sighed. “The people know me. Your mother had them to skip my verification.” Daehyun rolled his eyes and gulped on the cup of water. What exactly is his mother not capable of doing? Daehyun placed the cup into the sink and wiped his hands clean.

“Oppa, I need your bathroom.”

“Just don’t mess things up, i’d be grateful.”

Eunkyung entered his bedroom, straight into the bathroom. Daehyun rested his head against the cold marble of the kitchen’s island. He should feel happy now that he’s back at where he was two years ago. But something displeased him. It felt strange to be thinking that way but the excitement that contained him before… had gone. Daehyun had no idea what he was looking forward to in life now.

Daehyun entered his bedroom and undid the bags that travelled with him here. Just in time, Eunkyung came out with the box in her hand. “Oppa, did you get this… for me?” Her eyes sparkled. On the other hand, Daehyun was taken aback when he saw that object in her hand.

“Eunkyung-ah…” He approached her and looked down at the small item.

“Seriously?? This is beautiful… Oppa, what’s gotten into you? You’ve never bought me anything before.” She clasped the thing back in her hands and gazed into the older guy’s eyes. Daehyun was at lost for words. He had no idea how to defend himself this time.

He calculated in his mind that there was no time for him to fight for the girl he loved anymore. He was no challenge for his mother and whatever his mother says, it was the best for him, them and the nation. He couldn’t fight on because he had to give himself away for the benefit of everyone.

“Oppa? Aren’t you putting this on me?” She revealed the fine chain that went through the royal pendant. Daehyun’s hands were shaky when he took the ostentatiously luxurious accessory from her. All that played in his mind was the memory of her and he couldn’t help but to say sorry.

 

Two years ago

“Keep this with you, I want to see it still around your neck when I come back.”

He unclasped the necklace’s closure and laid it around her neck but she backed away at the last minute.

“Wait. Why not, you keep this and we’ll see in two years.”

“Why? This is the only proof that remains between us.”

“No… Daehyun. I don’t want to keep this shamelessly and who knows, as time advances, you’ll regret this. This should be given to someone whom you really love. Whether or not your answer changes, we’ll see in two years’ time. Now is too early to say it.” She corrected him.

He knew that his love for her was undyingly strong and she knew that her love for him was undyingly strong too. But there’re lots of fishes in the sea. It was still too early to determine whether he had caught the right one.

She closed his fingers and enclosed the necklace in his grip.

“In two years, we’ll see to whom you’ll gift this to.” She gave the opulent necklace a last look.

“In two years, you’ll see that it’s to you who I’ll gift this to.”

 

He felt guilty but what more could he do? For the sake of the nation and Royal Duo’s reputation, he couldn’t afford to mess up just for love.

Daehyun clasped the necklace’s closure around Eunkyung’s neck and he saw the deep dimples that caved into her cheeks as she smiled to herself. But in his mind, all he was chanting was an apology for keeping someone’s hope up high.

He finally came to accept Eunkyung and it was Eunkyung whom she had to be.

I’m sorry… Sohee.


 

(a/n): Is this any shorter now? T_T lol so yeah here's the update~ I'm looking forward to write this one omg all sorts of things are playing in my mind right now and c-h-o-k-e-s almost a 100 subbies & 9 upvotes when i haven't even started on the first chapter! ;w; thank you so much guys, you the best <333

Now, may you slowly go cray because my updates are gonna take me forever :3 hurhur this is JUST the beginning, look forward to more! 

PS: See what i did there;; Room 628 // Daehni 

kk byebye hurhurrr