Chapter 4

You are Mine
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Four

I apologize for any mistakes and any typos or any grammar or whatever errors in this chapter. Please bear with me.

 

Miss Taeyeon is late again today! She has been late for two days in a row. I start to think, why did she always come in late? She barely has any meeting at the outside of the office in the morning. Even if she has one, she would come to the office first.

 

“Good morning,” I greet her once she passes in front of me to get into her own room.  The clock already shows 9.30 in the morning.

 

“Good morning,” greet her back as she smiles. One thing about my boss, she always smiles and I do feel very comfortable with her.

 

Five minutes later I enter her room to remind Miss Taeyeon about her agenda for the rest of the day and inform her that there’s couples of clients who were looking for her earlier in the morning.

 

She only nods. But her reaction makes me a bit concern. I am not sure with herself, she’s like in semi-conscious state. “Do you remember about everything I said?” I ask her back.

 

She just grins while looking at me.

 

I know it!

 

I repeat everything I said before, for the second time. This time I say it much more clearer and I state it one by one so that she could remember them. Once the last sentence comes out of my mouth, I look down at her, “do you get it?”

 

This time she seems a bit certain with everything I’ve said just now. I walk out of Miss Taeyeon’s room. Once my feet reach the door of her room, she calls me softly. I quickly turn to look at her, “is there anything more, Miss Taeyeon?”

 

“Do you have any cracker?” she asks without looking. I could see that she is struggling to button up her sleeves. However, she’s already got her eyes on a cup of hot coffee on her desk.

 

I watch her behavior with a wide smile, “haven’t taken any breakfast yet?”

 

Miss Taeyeon shakes her head while grinning. “Nope, got no time.”

 

“It is easier if you wake up early or find ‘that’ someone to wake you up. You don’t have to set an alarm. You also got somebody to button up your shirt.” I .

 

She stares at me and her face turns a bit sour, I know what she’s going to say next. “I just asked you for a cracker, but you asked me to find a wife.” Then she just let her sleeves .

 

In the end, I laugh, “wife isn’t only taking care of your meals, but she does more than that. At least, you won’t wake up late anymore.”

 

Miss Taeyeon asks me to leave, maybe she can’t take it anymore, “please close the door as well.” I walk out of her room laughing to take the cracker she asked before. I always keep a tin of cracker as a snack whenever I need it. I shut her room door close as she requested before.

 

About ten minutes later, Hyoyeon comes to my desk and put a needle and thread on my desk. I am surprised by it and quickly look up at her. “What’s up with the needle and the thread? Why did you give me this stuff? And who is this for?”

 

Hyoyeon only sticks out her lips towards Miss Taeyeon. I also shift my eyes in that direction. And my smile gets wider, in the end, I laughed. As if she knows that she’s being watched, Miss Taeyeon turns her face us. In a blink of an eye, she’s already standing at the doorway. “Thanks Hyo.”

 

“You won’t be like that if you have a wife, Taeng.” Hyoyeon states casually and leave.

 

Miss Taeyeon only looks at her without saying anything. I burst into laughter. She takes the white thread with the needle and walks away entering her room. I get up instantly and follow her, “what do you want to  do with that stuff?” I tease, pretending to not knowing.

 

Miss Taeyeon keeps quiet. She looks at me, “do you know how to sew?”

 

My laughter gets even worse than before, “sew what? Sew your shirt button?” Miss Taeyeon nods, she’s like a little kid right now.

 

“Told you, find a wife but you don’t want it.” I mutter.

 

She breathes in deeply, “actually I want you, but you are already engaged.”

 

I laugh even harder, “is sewing your cloth, includes in my job specs?”

 

Miss Taeyeon stares at me sharply, “it’s okay if you don’t want to help.”

 

“Just joking!” I quickly said before she gets angry.

 

I pull a chair closer next to Miss Taeyeon. Once I sit on it, I take the needle and the thread from her hands. “Do you believe in any taboo or superstition?” I ask.

 

“Huh? What is that?”

 

“Nothing. Just there’s a superstition I know that It is bad luck to sew clothing while someone is wearing it unless the person in the clothes holds a thread in their mouth.”

 

Her forehead wrinkles, wondering, “bad luck?”

 

I nod, “if only you believed in it, but if you don’t, then it’s alright.”

Please log in to read the full chapter