Chapter 12

You are Mine
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Twelve

I apologize for any mistakes and any typos or any grammar or whatever errors in this chapter. Please bear with me

 

I stepped in the office that day with mixed feelings. I hoped that, there will be no question regarding Teacyeon’s death anymore. Hyoyeon, Sunny and Yoona really understood me. They just asked about simplest stuff; my health. As well as other colleagues.

 

When Miss Sooyoung entered the office, she just smiled at me.

 

“Good morning, Miss Sooyoung,” I greeted her for the first time after taking six days of leave. I followed her into her room.

 

She took off her coat, hanging it on the coat rack and sitting in her chair, “how are you?”

 

“Fine, thanks.”

 

“Sure?” she asked again for sureness.

 

I nodded as I smiled a bit, “I am sorry about last week.”

 

Her forehead wrinkled upon my sentence, “sorry for what?”

 

“Things that shouldn’t be said to a boss?” I replied, trying to remind her about that certain incident.

 

She straightened her back to examine the papers I’ve prepared for her one by one, “what kind of things?” she muttered slowly.

 

“Do I have to remind you about it?”

 

She quickly tilted her head up to look at me, “you’re the one who started it.” Those eyes seemed shone staring at me.

 

Did she feel so happy with my comeback today? She was treating me so nicely. We rarely had this long conversation in the morning and as if she wanted me to keep on talking to her.

 

“Well? I’m still waiting.”

 

“Um.. I asked you to not yell at me,” I said in a joking tone. I really felt regret on how I acted last week.

 

“Oh, really?” she looked surprised.

 

Was she pretending? Or did she really surprise? I was a bit puzzled. I can’t answer to that question.

 

“In that situation, I think you have right to give your own opinion. Everyone wants to be respected, including you.. irrespectively.” Miss Sooyoung was staring at me with her mysterious eyes.

 

“Irrespectively whether she is a secretary or she is a boss.”

 

I looked at her, can’t get the meaning behind her words.

 

“I don’t mind, Miss Jessica. If that’s your opinion. If you don’t like the way I treated you, please let me know. I know that I’m your boss, but we should be friends to make this relationship more beneficial.”

 

Whatever.. I muttered in my heart. I smiled big.

 

“The case is closed,” she said softly.

 

“Thank you.” And I walked out her room at once. There’s three staff waiting to enter the room when I stepped out the room. Yuri, Eunhyuk and Miss Boa were waiting for their turn to meet Miss Sooyoung.

 

“Miss Jessica,” she called. “Can I have a cup of coffee?”

 

I nodded, “yes, boss!”

 

I know that my boss was starting to treat me nicely. Now I can easily talk to her, even the firm and the seriousness were still strong dominating her. If before this, everyone knew that Miss Sooyoung can’t accept any mistakes. But, now there’s a change. She didn’t easily get mad anymore.

 

At this point of my life, I felt calm and relaxed again. Even though that old memories sometimes paid a visit into my mind and forced me to remember, the sadness rarely came with it. Taecyeon was a part of me and my life. I will love him until the end of my day and I won’t forget about him. I can’t deny that when I was alone, Taecyeon always there in my mind. In the middle of night, I will think of him. His love and affections for me was unquestionable.

 

Could I leave those memories behind so I can pursue my own happiness one day? Can I? Can I

Please log in to read the full chapter