Chapter 22

You are Mine
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty Two

I apologize for any mistakes and any typos or any grammar or whatever errors in this chapter. Please bear with me. Me and Leo have left this story for way too long and some of you might as well has already forgotten its storyline, so I suggest you to re-read it from the start to get the ‘feeling’ back, if you catch my drift. Anyway, please do enjoy the update.

 

As I thought, Hyoyeon wasn’t in the room. She got a very long to-do list for the rest of the night, if she wasn’t at the karaoke bar, she must be at the disco nearby. As well as the others. Most of them weren’t ready to call it a night after the kick-off ceremony ended.

 

I quickly changed my clothes. I was wearing a short sleeve black and green checkered shirt with a black seasoned jeans which had been my favourites wherever I go and lastly I put on a pair of sneakers. I checked myself in the mirror. There’s nothing I should do with my face except my hair, I let it free.

 

Why should I agreed to accompany her at the beach tonight? This is crazy ! I snapped in my heart. What was my real feeling toward her actually?

 

Miss Sooyoung, no one knows the secret in our heart.

 

What’s wrong with me? I thought I’ve already convinced myself to not let myself dealing a moment like this anymore. But why must they came back looking for me? I looked myself in the mirror again.

 

God, give me strength, please provide me a protection from any harm.

 

I took a heavy steps out of the hotel through the main door of the cafe. There’s not so many people right now. I proceeded to the beach, heading to the place we have agreed back then with mixed feelings. There’s too much thoughts in my mind. Ever since I agreed to become her partner for tonight, I never felt calm.

 

Why’d I become so dumb to promise something for her tonight? I should have promised her for that event only. If I did, I won’t need to accompany her walking on the beach this late! I hissed in my heart again. I’m ing stupid!

 

She’s already waiting, wearing a shirt with a leather jacket. I walked towards her. The sea breeze blew across the beach. It was strong, cold salty breeze. She turned to look at me. I couldn’t see her face clearly because it’s a bit dark, I forced myself to walk even though I felt my feet were all heavy to come closer to her.

 

“Where are we going?” I asked as I threw away my view to the darkness of the night across the sea. Only the small ocean waves hitting the shores lightened by the lights from our accommodation building could be seen from here.

 

“We go there. It’s a bit lighter.” she said as she pointed at the left side of the beach.

 

Without looking, I started to walk. Not as an employer nor as her employee. Also not like walking-with-friends either. There’s a bit difference here. It’s hard for me to resist all the feels that were hitting my soul. If I was with Taecyeon, sadness rarely made a visit in my life. If only Taecyeon was still alive, I would be already became her wife, we might as well would be waiting for our first born right now. Our memories together were so hard to be forgotten. If the one who was walking beside me right now was Taecyeon, of course he will hold my hand. Not like right now, there’s like a meter of distance between her and me.

 

Memory. Who can forgets a memory? Especially a memory with a person that we had made a promise to live together until death separated us apart. But, I didn’t want that memory to repeat itself again. It’s because I wasn’t strong enough to face it; losing the ones that I loved. God had his right to take him away from me, but all the memories with him couldn’t be erased easily from my mind. Right now, I didn’t want to deal with those kind of memories again or even to feel it. Even though I did know the world seemed so beautiful when the loved ones were beside us. I must forget everything and start a new life. I would rather to let my soul froze and numb without love and affection than having them just for a while, thus crashing my hope and dream.

 

Dear God, I prayed to you every single day and night. I prayed in my sleep and wakefulness, don’t you do this to me again.

 

But recently, I didn’t know why that feeling subtly took my calmness a bit by bit. Without Taecyeon, that feels came back. When the night was getting late and darker, that beautiful feels once again made my world seemed a lot of brighter. Once in awhile I would be drowning in it. When that woman with me, all the beauty became clearer in my eyes. Through the darkness of the night, I could hear the sound of the wind hitting softly against my body and yet I felt warmer every each and second. The sound of the ocean wave could be a touching rhythm in my ears. Everything was back to how it used to be, when I was with Taecyeon before.

 

What did Miss Sooyoung want from me? What was her true intention? Why did she always bothering me? In the middle of night, we were like romeo and juliet who were walking across the shore.  Nevertheless, this beautiful beanpole still kept shut, in fact she was like sinking with her own feelings. What was she thinking that could make her to remain silent like this? If only I could read her mind and her heart…. So I looked at her and tried to say something.

 

“All quiet?” she said softly.

 

“Quiet? Well, not in my mind.”

 

She smiled, and her steps were getting closer to me, “what are you thinking?”

 

“THE BEST COUPLE OF THE YEAR,” I replied, a chuckle followed after that.

 

“It was worth it.”

 

“I don’t know what kind of gossip we would hear after we back at the office,” she said.

 

“Hm.. We can’t stop people from talking, Miss Sooyoung. It will be forgotten eventually.”

 

That answer earned her smile, “can you stand with all the gossip? Especially, if they came from Hyoyeon. I’m afraid that you can accept it.”

 

I glanced sharply at her, “Hyoyeon? Let’s see how long she will keep on gossiping about us. You see, she will get tired of it and say no more after that. I’m afraid that YOU the one who will dislike everything that you’re about to hear later.”

 

Please log in to read the full chapter