Chapter 18

You are Mine
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Eighteenth

I apologize for any mistakes and any typos or any grammar or whatever errors in this chapter. Please bear with me

 

As stated in the memo, a meeting regarding the kick-off will be held in the meeting room at 5:15 PM on Wednesday. Mr Leeteuk who was on the same team as me, always motivated us to win any kind of tournament while we were there. Miss Sooyoung already left her room since 4 pm because Mr Min Soo wanted to meet her in his office. I was a bit busy at that moment with the new tasks Miss Sooyoung has given to me before she left. In the middle of the never ending busy-ness, the telephone in Miss Sooyoung’s room suddenly rang loudly. I had to leave my task for a while to answer the call.

 

“Hello? Miss Sooyoung’s office,”

 

“Hello? Is Sooyoung there? May I speak with her please,” the speaker’s voice was so soft.

 

It’s rare for me to hear a woman’s voice from Miss Sooyoung’s direct telephone-line, “um, Miss Sooyoung is having a meeting with our MD downstairs.”

 

“Oh, really? How long it’s gonna take?”

 

“I’m not sure. May I know who’s speaking?”

 

“Oh, this is Lizzy. Who are you?”

 

Lizzy? I hissed in my heart. Was she the girl I saw on that night? But which one? “This is Jessica, Miss Sooyoung’s secretary.”

 

“Oh, I think I’ve seen you at the Starbucks a few nights ago.”

 

“Oh, really? When?”

 

“I took my friend to have a dinner with Sooyoung on that night.”

 

Thought so, “oh, that night. But I didn’t know which one are you.” since when I know how to meddle someone else’s matter?

 

“I’m the one with short hair, do you remember?”

 

I won’t remember which one you were even if I cut my own finger! “Of course.” I lied.

 

“Is there any message for Miss Sooyoung? Is it urgent?”

 

“Well, not really. I just want to talk to her about our dinner tonight. Is it confirmed or not.”

 

“Okay, I will make sure she knows about it. Can you leave your number so that she can return your call?”

 

“Oh, it’s okay. She has my number.”

 

“Okay then, I will tell her to call you back.”

 

“Thanks, Jessica.”

 

“No problem.”

 

“Bye,” she said before ending the phone call.

 

“Bye,” I placed the receiver back in its place.

 

I continued to complete my task, but my heart started to feel uneasy with that call. Who is she to Miss Sooyoung? Was she her girlfriend?

 

“Hyo, is Miss Sooyoung still in Mr Min Soo’s office?”

 

“She’s already left, why?”

 

“Hm, nevermind. Thanks.”

 

“Yah, what’s wrong?” Hyoyeon quickly asked me again.

 

“It’s nothing. I have to go now, she’s here. I will call you later.” I ended the call.

 

Miss Sooyoung walked into her room and I followed her from the back. I spoke once she sat in her seat, “Miss Sooyoung, please return call to Mr Watson from BakerSt Inc. And Lizzy called just now. She wanted a confirmation about tonight’s dinner. She wants you to call her back.”

 

Miss Sooyoung let out a heavy sigh. She got up from her chair to get a drink from the drink container which was placed in the corner. “Call Mr Watson for me, I will speak with him. After that, call Lizzy. Tell her that tonight’s dinner is confirmed. Ask her to choose the place, I will pick her at her house.”

 

“I’m sorry, Miss Sooyoung. I didn’t take her number because she said you already have it.”

 

Miss Sooyoung let out a long, heavy sigh again. As if she couldn’t accept my reason, “I’m sorry. I did ask her. But I don’t want to ask any further because I think.. It’s between you and her. And it is quite personal.”

 

“Okay, whatever. Just call Mr Watson for me,” she replied without looking at me. I quickly left her room. Yeah, whatever!

 

I was ready to go downstairs to the meeting room when the clock showed 5:10 PM. Some of the staff was there already. The only person who left in the office was Miss Sooyoung, three other clerks and I.

 

“Miss Sooyoung, Club’s meeting at 5:15 PM” I reminded her before walking downstairs.

 

She nodded and told me not to wait for her. The meeting room was already packed with office staff. I have to get through the large crowd to get Sunny and Yoona who’s already reserved a seat for me. The meeting started with a speech from the chairman of the Sports Club and after that he presented the kick-off’s agenda.

 

“First of all, I would like to announce that for this year kick-off, after it’s been reviewed and agreed by Mr Min Soo and the management team..” he looked at all of us.

 

“..our kick-off will be held at..” Mr Jun Jin stopped there.

 

“Oi! Pali! Tell us! Don’t keep us wondering! Such a tease!” suddenly Eunhyuk’s voice could be heard from the other side of the crowd. Some of us smiled, and some of us were giggling and agreed with what he just said.

 

“For this year kick-off, we will be doing it at Sol Beach Hotel & Resort in Yangyang-gun!”

 

Everyone pumped up their fists in the air and clapped their hands. We were happy that they chose this resort as our destination compared to other places which were not interesting at all!

 

“Okay, guys. Calm down. Please gather in the lobby as early as 4:00 PM this Friday, alright?”

 

Then they gave us the tentative for our kick-off. We examined that piece of paper. From what I could see, we were going to have a very tight schedule while we were there. Maybe I was more excited about the dinner party as well as the prize giving ceremony on the Saturday’s night. I smiled widely. I can’t help but to think how happy I was on that dinner party. I already have this image of me wearing ma’s dress. Her slim-fitting halter dress which was still hanging beautifully in her closet. That green jade fabric embellished with a little amount of tiny white creamy flowers which gradually larger and much more as it got to the hem of the dress, which will fell above my knees. I know it’s light and summery, but y at the same time.

 

After that, our Sports Club Chief continued, “we will be holding a few types of sports. We are going to have a beach volleyball match, beach football match and some other telematche which you can read it yourself in the tentative program I gave earlier. After that, we have kick-off night. On that night, I want you guys to give full cooperation, alright? Please wear anything you like on that night, but please, no office attire or jeans. I need your full cooperation.”

 

Suddenly the door opened by someone, everyone turned in the same direction; the door. Miss Sooyoung appeared.

 

“Yes, Sooyoung! Come in! It’s about the time for you to

Please log in to read the full chapter