Chapter 24

You are Mine
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty Four

I apologize for any mistakes and any typos or any grammar or whatever errors in this chapter. Please bear with me. Me and Leo have left this story for way too long and some of you might as well has already forgotten its storyline, so I suggest you to re-read it from the start to get the ‘feeling’ back, if you catch my drift. Anyway, please do enjoy the update.

 

“Sica, please tell me.”

  I looked up at the black sky, there’s a lot stars scattered across it. I closed my eyes, trying to think what kind of answer I should give to her. I still can hear her voice, asking me the same question. Miss Sooyoung will never give up. After a few minutes of silence, I have made my mind. I think this was the best way for us.   I turned to look at her face again. The face that was hoping for an answer that could bring the happiness in her heart. As my lips curved a small smile, I nodded and said, “Sooyoung, I would like to give it a try anyway.”   “Really?” She asked in disbelieved.   I nodded again.   “Oh my God, thank you. Thank you, Sica.” She continued after she’s done making a silly little dance which causing me to giggle.   I can see the happiness in her face. Right now she was covering her face with both of her hand. Maybe she can’t believe that I actually give her a chance to prove herself. She took a few steps closer to me and hold both of my hands, “as much as I hate to be separated but, it’s getting late, let’s go back our room.”      

*********

  “Can I asked you one question?” I asked when we were walking together to our own room. Our fingers intertwined together. She held my hand so tight as if she didn’t want to let go of me. She seemed to be more relaxed than before. Maybe it’s because I have told her that I am ready to build our relationship that has just begun. I was starting to get more confidence in myself and what I wanted in my life. Despite that I still could feel my little insecurities would try to kill my self-confidence once in awhile.   “Hmm?”   “Why Sica? Not Jessica? Why do you choose Sica?”   She looked at me. The way she look she gave me, just like how Taecyeon did. She didn’t have to say anything, her eyes were already stated her feelings.   “I like Jessica. But when I called you Sica, it’s simple. But, if I was the only one who called you Sica, I’m sure everybody else will look at us with that weird look. Besides, let’s just be me. The one and the only person who called you Sica. Let me be different from the others,” she explained as she winked at me.   I just kept staring at her. Suddenly I can’t think of anything.   “Why do you stare at me like that? Is there something wrong?”   “Sica is a special name. But…” My sentence stopped there.   “But what?”   “But whoever called me with that name, that person would certainly leave me. Not now but someday.”   And she quickly answered, “you do know that I won’t leave you.”   “Only death,” I muttered softly.   She nodded, smiling.   “Hara and Taecyeon leave me because of death, Sooyoung.” How easy it was for me to call her Sooyoung, not Miss Sooyoung. I didn’t really have any problem with that.   Her expression changed a bit. Shocked. Her smile disappeared. I knew, she was starting to get what I was trying to tell her.   “Do you want me to call you Jessica?”   I let out a small sigh.   “Sica.. Oo.. Sica. I didn’t expect that someone like you would trust that kind of stuff.”   I quieted for a second before continued, “I know. But, is it better if we be prepared just in case?”   “Do not believe in superstitious, Sica. We have to believe what the Lord’s plan for us.”   I stayed in silence, “that is not what I meant. I don’t believe it either, but I just wanted you to be prepared if anything!”  

“Hmm..” She started to think of something.

  “Are you scared if I died? You’re actually love me, aren’t you?”   “Sooyoung, I’m serious!”   She laughed.   “This is not about work we are talking right now. This is about death.”   And she’s having fun with this matter.   “Death is not something we can make fun about, Sooyoung.”   “Okay, darling. Sorry,” she said softly thus her laughter came to end.   “Don’t you worry. There’s nothing gonna happen between you and me. Sica is just a name. That name can’t decide our fate. My life is not determined by that name. Neither our relationship.”   I nodded slowly. I admitted that everything she said was true.   “That is enough. Don’t think nonsense. What matter right now is I want to build our relationship as good as we can. It has just started. We aren’t supposed to think that kind of stuff right now. What I want to know is, I want you to have that feeling just like I do.”   I smiled a bit.   “Okay?”  

I nodded.

 

“Let’s go. It’s already 3 in the morning. I’m sure someone will file a police report if they notice that we are both missing.”

  I giggled listening to what she said.   She quickly grabbed my hand. Our fingers joined into each other so tightly.   “What if they found out about our relationship?” I tested her with that question as we walked closer to our accommodation.   “Are we going to stay as the boss and the secretary at the office later? As per usual?” I asked again.   “I don’t know. What do you say? Is is safer if we stay that way in the office?”   I nodded instantly. I really did not want anyone to know that we were already in a relationship. I remembered my closest friends, and then I thought of Sunny.   “Can I ask you a question?”   “That’s the third question already, Sica.” She reminded me about my mistake. To tease me.   I smiled, promptly I squeezed her finger which were still intertwined together against mine. This is embarrassing. I whispered in my heart, “sorry, but last question. I promise.”   She smiled happily. “What do you want to know this time?”   “Em.. What was the reason you gave to Miss Taeyeon when you were trying to get me working under you?”   At this time, she took a little time to answer my question.   “Actually, I found that Sunny is not suitable to work with me. She will get a better development if she is sent to Engineering Department. When I read back your resume, I knew that you’ve already got a plenty experiences of working in Marketing Department. I used that reason to get you to switch department with Sunny and working with me.”   “Sunny is a bit upset,” I said.   “Well, one of other reasons, it is because I want you close to me. At least, you will be always right in front of me.”   A strange sensation surged in my heart once I listened to her explanation. “Does Miss Taeyeon know about this?”   “No one knows.”   At that moment, I was hit by a very subtle feeling.   How strange this woman are?

Does she really love me that much?

  “We are almost there,” she said softly.   Our hands were still together. It was difficult to let go. Then I saw her reaching inside her jeans pocket with her left hand.   “I bought you something. It’s not pricey at all but that doesn’t matter. It’s the thought that counts, am I right?”   I stunned. She held my right hand to open my palm to place something on it. “For you.”   Once she released my hand, I saw a keychain in it. There’s something engraved on that metal sandal-shape like keychain but, due to the lighting at that time, I couldn’t read it.   “For me? When did you buy it?”   “This evening. When everyone’s already returned to their own room. There’s a shop nearby the lobby selling handcraft items. It’s not expensive, but it will means a lot if you can keep it for me.”   The question that has been lingering in my mind since the event started now just got an answer. No wonder she arrived late from the schedule. I held the gift from her tightly and then I returned her jacket back.   “Thank you.”   “Everything I have, everything I possess, would be yours, Sica. You don’t have to thank me.”   I stared down at those calm-brownish eyes of hers before taking my leave. “Good night.”   “Sweet dreams, Sica.”   And I scampered to my own room.    

**********

  I slowly unlocked the door of my room, making less noisy as I can. As I opened the door..   Krrrikkk…   I shut my eyes in agony. However, there’s no use to be all stealthy anymore once my eyes laid on a figure that was talking on the cellphone while lying down on the bed. Once she saw the door was being opened, she quickly ended up the call.   “It is almost 3.30 in the morning. Where the heck did you go? Do you know everyone is looking for you? I am also wondering when you disappeared all of sudden.”   I remained calm as I listening her long nag.   “Going for a walk.”   “With Sooyoung?” She guessed.   I just kept silence.   “Don’t hide it from me, Jess. It’s no use. Sooyoung is nowhere to be found, and we can’t find you either. We tried to look for you guys at the pub and the karaoke place, but to no avail.”   “I promised her for the rest of the night, not just for that event,” I replied without even looking at Hyoyeon.   “Woah! You spent the whole nigh
Please log in to read the full chapter