Chapter 21

You are Mine
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty One

I apologize for any mistakes and any typos or any grammar or whatever errors in this chapter. Please bear with me. Me and Leo have left this story for way too long and some of you might as well has already forgotten its storyline, so I suggest you to re-read it from the start to get the ‘feeling’ back, if you catch my drift. Anyway, please do enjoy the update.

 

Miss Sooyoung and I walked together into the dinner hall. Tonight was my night with her, but it’s just for tonight only. If there was any wild rumors or any assumptions on us, I didn’t care. Once we placed our feet on the red carpet to enter the hall, every eyes were stunned, watching us. Miss Sooyoung’s grasp against mine was so tight, as if she didn’t want to ever let my hand go. Once again that strange feeling made a visit in me. Was this real? It was not a dream? The perfect human being next to me was a woman of everyone’s dream. I bet every man or even woman wanted to be with her. Or was I the luckiest woman in this world who got a chance to be Miss Sooyoung’s date even for a few hours?

 

Hyoyeon was the first person that my eyes laid on, after that Sunny and Yoona who happened to sit next to her. However, the shocking face wasn’t only shown on their faces, but from all the attendees. Miss Sooyoung was still holding my hand firmly as we headed to our specially prepared seat. She pulled a chair out for me and seated me, earning a few cheering from I didn’t know whom. I blushed but tried to hide it by looking down the table as she pulled out a chair for herself right next to me. We were in the same table as Mr Shindong, Yuri, Hyoyeon and another couples of people.

 

Junjin who was already on the stage to start tonight’s event just watching us as we took our own sweet time to get here. As he leaned closer to the microphone he started, “we are waiting for you Sooyoung. I thought you didn’t want to come at all. Even though you were late, but still, I really appreciated it that the fact you still wanted to present yourself here according to our attire guide. Really, thank you. And also, thanks Jessica, because if it wasn’t you…”

 

Junjin looked at me, “...of course Sooyoung would still turns up here with her white t-shirt and jeans.”

 

Once Junjin finished that sentence, a loud applause from our colleagues echoed across the dinner hall. Miss Sooyoung and I changed look. She seemed so calm but something was clearly shown on her face, a face that contained one feeling that so subtle that I’ve never seen it before. I was quite surprise and touched on how they were being so understanding and supporting her tonight.

 

The dinner hall filled with laughter and joy every now and then. Without wasting any time, Junjin started his speech, following a performance from Engineering Department. A dancing show. I didn’t know they can dance, I mean, like real dancing. It was entertaining and I could see that Miss Sooyoung also enjoyed their performance.

 

The next performance was a singing show from Marketing Department. According to the plan, I should be joining them on the stage, but due to my promise to Miss Sooyoung, I have to withdraw. The dinner was served right after all the performances ended. Our dinner was accompanied by a prize giving ceremony to those who had participated in all today’s competitions.

 

Mr Min Woo was invited to come on the stage to give the prize to all the winners. One of the winners was Miss Sooyoung. She won the beach volleyball matches. She went to stage to receive the prize when they announced her name. She placed the prize she won on the table once she got back to her seat.

 

“Hm, whatchu think, Miss Jessica? What’s in this box?” she asked as she slowly shook the box next to her ear.

 

I felt a bit uncomfortable when she used that tone again. It reminded me about Taecyeon. Tonight she acted so romantic. Her act, her style and the way of talking, I never knew that behind that strong, and stern wall she built, slipped a tender and soft side of her that could undermine woman or man’s heart. Did she really need to do that? Did she find it necessary to change the way she act along on how her dress up tonight?

 

“How do I know? Why would you ask me that?” suddenly my voice went higher, uneasy with my feeling.

 

She just smiled at me, didn’t she hear that tone?

 

She’s acting so weird tonight, so easy she gave me a path for me to swim through her heart. But, I realized that I shouldn’t being so mean to her, let alone being rude in front of my colleagues. Miss Sooyoung was my employer.

 

“Are you sure they aren’t pull a trick on me again?” she asked.

 

Hyoyeon managed to glance at me, but I just let it slide.

 

“Even if they all want to pull a prank on you again, what’s wrong with that?” I teased, returning to my normal tone.

 

“This is the only chance they have. If only I didn’t have to accompany you tonight, I will absolutely be joining them to pull a prank to you as well.”

 

She stared at me, cynically. But I knew, she’s just joking.

 

“Do you mind to open this for me, please?” she requested as she handed over the prize she just won.

 

I looked at her, confused. Quickly I compiled to her request. I didn’t want to entertain my getting-more-and-more disturbing feelings. A medium small size of pewter watch for her.

 

“Still don’t believe me?” I said as I gave the watch to her.

 

She looked at me, smiling. But I didn’t know why the way she smiled right now was different compared to her previous smile. I quickly looked away and continued my dinner. Hyoyeon was witnessing our doing. That sneaky bastard was smiling with a thousand of meaning buried in it.

 

Miss Sooyoung placed the watch back in its box and continue eating.

 

Now was the time to announce the winner for the special-category-ever-made for this year kickoff. This category was never be made but this year.

 

Junjin started the ceremony, “just so you know, we prepared a prize for ‘THE BEST COUPLE OF THE YEAR’ apart from ‘THE BEST EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR’. Well, the actual thing is, you don’t have to be the most ideal couple or the most click couple throughout the year, it’s more like a ‘special’ ceremony for tonight. So, without wasting any of your precious time, I will give you the winner of ‘THE BEST COUPLE OF THE YEAR’ for 20xx kickoff. The winner is…….”

 

Junjin

Please log in to read the full chapter