Chapter 26

You are Mine
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chapter Twenty Six

I apologize for any mistakes and any typos or any grammar or whatever errors in this chapter. Please bear with me. Enjoy reading!

 

Sooyoung didn't give in so easily, she continued to beg me for the second time on the next day. Still, I was still behaving like the way I was yesterday, still holding on my decision; not wanting to go out with Sooyoung.

 

"I think I have stated my decision quite clear last night, Sooyoung. I don't want to go out with you."

 

"Do you really don't want to go out with me?"

 

"Which part of ‘I don't want to go out with you' that you don't understand? Do you want me to say it in French instead?"

 

"But Sica, we only have all weekend just to spend time together. We will get very busy on weekdays."

 

"Well, sometimes you go to work on weekend too, don't forget about that."

 

"Be my wife if you wanted me to stay at home."

 

I smiled instantly.

 

"I expected you to understand me, my work, my position in the company. I never expected you to get all pissed like this."

 

"Which one do you want now? Do you expect me to understand you, or you to understand my feelings? Who’s angry anyway? I didn't say I'm pissed off."

 

She let out a small sigh, "don't do this to me, Sica."

 

Her voice sounded so distressing to my ears, "our relationship are just about to bloom, but don't give up easily on this. We've got a lot of time to get used to it. To adapt."

 

I felt a bit confused with her determination, even though a little faith had successfully planted itself in my heart due to her sincerity she showed.

 

"I'm sorry, but don't push me this far from you." She continued.

 

She sounded so sad, suddenly I felt like wanting to cry.

 

"I don't want you to waste your time on me, Sooyoung. You have everything. You can have a greater woman than me."

 

"You are the greatest one for me, Sica. You are perfect enough for me even if you have only one flaw."

 

I was really on the edge of crying right now. She really knew how to say something that could melt my heart and break my principle.

 

"What should I do to convince you, Sica?" She continued again, so soft and depressing.

 

"Taecyeon is still here, Sooyoung," I explained to her, carefully picking up the right word to say to her.

 

"You know that I wouldn't mind if you always thought of him. I don't mind if you missed him. In fact, I totally understand if your heart were still with him. But, just let me... "

 

She stopped there, paused for a moment before continued, "just let me have a tiny little spot on your heart. I don't want much. Just a bit."

 

She pressured me with the way she conveyed her feelings. She's so kind. She just asked for a little spot, and I thought she wanted to rip them all from me. I've never felt so guilty. Guilty for misjudging her so quick.

 

"You didn't want them all?"

 

"I don't want to force you. If you can only give me that much, I won't ask for more. Is it enough for me to just stay beside you. But, if given a choice, absolutely I want more than that. But, I trust God's plan, if we have good intentions, God will reward us handsomely. Just so you know, I really don't mind if you are still thinking about Taecyeon. It is because if I was in your shoes, I would be doing the same thing as you do."

 

I was left speechless once she finished talking. She's so kind and understanding. She accepted me as who I am.

 

"How long you are going to wait, Sooyoung?"

 

I heard her sighing. Even though it sound so heavy as if she was releasing burdens, but I knew it wasn't a big deal for her anymore. Perhaps she could feel that my doubts also slowly faded away.

 

"Whenever you are ready," she replied shortly.

 

"Give me some time, Sooyoung. 14 days isn't enough for me to learn about us.. Especially about you."

 

"I know."

 

"You wouldn't mind, would you?"

 

"Mind about what?"

 

My forehead wrinkled. Obviously, I would be staring at her face right now if she's right in front of me.

 

"To give me a lot of time to learn.. how to accept you completely."

 

"Oh, of course. Be my guest," she said almost whispering.

 

"I don't mind giving you all the time you wanted, but promise me that you will give me a chance to be with you."

 

This question sometimes gave me a hard time to answer it right away. Our journey was long way ahead. She's already a yard away from me when I was just trying to start walking on this journey. It's my turn to inhale a deep breath.

 

"But I don't want to make any promise, Sooyoung. The unkept promise would backfire on me. Actually, for your info, I have doubts these days."

 

A sigh could be heard in my ear. A long one.

 

"What are you afraid of, Sica? Are you afraid that someday I would change my mind?"

 

I kept silent.

 

"If that wasn't the case, what else? Is it because we are born from a different class of family?" she guessed what I've got in my mind spot-on.

Please log in to read the full chapter