Chapter 20

You are Mine
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Twentieth

I apologize for any mistakes and any typos or any grammar or whatever errors in this chapter. Please bear with me. Me and Leo have left this story for way too long and some of you might as well has already forgotten its storyline, so I suggest you to re-read it from the start to get the ‘feeling’ back, if you catch my drift. Anyway, please do enjoy this most ‘anticipating’ update ever..

We’ve been doing what a quite of activities in the morning and all I can say was; all of them was so entertaining and fun! I felt so pumped up! As if I wasn’t longer being with my colleague but instead with a one big family. It’s like we were bond to each other no matter what level we were at. We chatted, joking around, laughing together as if we were like a real family. For once, we forgot about our work and enjoyed this short moment. There was like no end for laughter, watching our own silly acts. I can’t describe how I felt while being here with them. That feeling was so deep yet so special. That kind of bond, I never seen it before.

 

We stopped our activity when it’s lunchtime. I eyed the desert being piled up by the waiters at the end of the corner as we queued up, grabbing our food along the buffet counter. Sunny and Yoona already done picking up their food that they desired and took a table right at the corner of the room. I noticed that Hyoyeon was behind me while I was putting spaghetti aglio olio in my plate.

 

“Yah, are you mad at me?” she started.

 

I just glanced at her without saying anything and focused back on taking the food.

 

“Come on, Jess. I was joking, alright?”

 

“You can joke around as you please, Hyo. But when it comes to Miss Sooyoung, don’t get overboard, okay?” I warned without looking at her.

 

“Again I was just joking and I’m very sorry,” she said, nudging my shoulder as a sign to make up with me.

 

And I just ignored her.

 

“But still, look at the bright side. She’s still single, so do you. Miss Sooyoung is one of the important person here and you’re her secretary. It’s not like a boss and a secretary can’t be in a serious relationship. You two were not the first in this case, there’s a lot out there. Don’t you like her, Jess?” she seriously wanted to know.

 

I tried to keep my mouth shut, but no avail. “Hyo, whatever you have in your mind right now, just stop it. It won’t work, and we don’t suit each other,” I firmly replied.

 

My answer caused her to chuckle. I didn’t know why. What’s so funny about it? She followed me from behind. I joined Sunny and Yoona who was devouring their food.

 

We continued our activity at 3.00 PM sharp. This time, it’s a battle to determine who’s gonna be the champion and the runner-up. I’ve been chosen as a line judge on a beach volleyball battle. For that, I have to stay at the end of the boundary lines and I also have to watch that final match which was starring Miss Sooyoung as of the player.

 

Well, I didn’t know that she’s so good in sport. She’s not only pretty, and can I mentioned handsome(?), workaholic but this? This was unexpected.

 

Every counter-attack she made and how she served the ball was excellent. As well as Miss Taeyeon, but this girl was something, there’s something that made her special to my eyes.

 

Since there was no chair for line judges, I have to sit on the ground. The match was getting intense. Both teams were trying to get more points and the ball always changed hands. Yuri served her ball fast, countered by Rick, one of the technical support at the Engineering Department. However it wasn’t a neat counter, the ball flew out of the court to my direction.

 

I was so hooked up watching the ball coming to me and didn’t realize until someone’s body crushed on me. My toes also became a victim when that person accidently stepped on it. I screamed out in pain. My toes got tiny wound I supposed because it bleed a bit.

 

“Jess? Are you okay?” Sooyoung was now right in front of me. Was she the one who fell on me???

 

My forehead wrinkled, holding back the pain. She quickly took my foot in her hand, looking at my toes, “I’m so sorry. I’ so sorry.”

 

“It’s okay, Miss Sooyoung. It’s fine. It’s just a little cut.”

 

“Jun Jin, get me the first aid! PRONTO!” she shouted out loud.

 

I looked up at her, can’t she see that my cut just a little? “It’s okay Jun Jin. It’s nothing big!” I shouted back.

 

“You sure?” she asked for sureness. I nodded, starting to feel uncomfortable with the way other people were looking at us. Miss Sooyoung slowly got up on her feet but her eyes still holding on me.

 

“Nothing happened to the player, but the one who's keeping the line got injured instead,” said Yoona who was happened to sit not far from me.

 

I glanced sharply a her, there’s no use to drag this matter longer than it should be. The matched ended with the victory belonged to Miss Sooyoung’s team.

 

*********

I clean myself up and get ready for tonight’s event. When I was about to approach the closet to take out that slim-fitting halter dress, Hyoyeon returned to our room. She seemed in hurry and without saying anything, she grabbed her towel and quickly entered the shower room. As a club committee, I could say Hyoyeon got a really tight schedule. She must be at the scheduled place 10 minutes earlier. The time was running out, it already showed 7.20 PM.

 

I wore Ma’s dress, checking up myself in front of the mirror. When I turned, this dress just laid my all the way to just above my . I didn’t know if I was looking okay or not in this dress. Hyoyeon already done showering, she just stood quietly at the shower room door. Her eyes were on me. I didn’t know for how long she’ve been there. Clearly she was eyeing me from head to toe.

 

“Is it really you, Jess?” she asked in disbelieve.

 

“Why? It’s no good?”

 

“No, I mean yes! But man, you look so y!” she commented.

Please log in to read the full chapter