Chapter 11

You are Mine
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Eleven

I apologize for any mistakes and any typos or any grammar or whatever errors in this chapter. Please bear with me


I woke up in the next morning when I heard my cell phone rang loudly. Ish,  who the hell is calling me when I’m in the middle of sleep, can’t even get a chance to wake up late today, I hissed in my heart. I reached for my cell phone on the small desk beside my bed.

 

“Hello..?”

 

“Yah missy! Are you still sleeping??” Hyoyeon’s voice could be heard clearly on the other end of the line.

 

“Hm.. What do you want, Hyo? What a bother.. People kept calling me one after another. I am still sleepy,” I said, my eyes were still closed.

 

“It’s already 9 AM. Here we are working our off, while you are being lazy bum. Wake up!”

 

“Um.. can you call me back later?”

 

“Fine, fine,” Hyoyeon replied.

 

I hang up the line and put my cell phone back on the small desk and tried to go back to sleep. But, my eyes didn’t want to sleep anymore, thus I got up and took a shower. I was waiting for Hyoyeon to call but I got a call from Sunny instead.

 

“I’m fine, Sunny. There’s nothing to be worried. So far so good,” I replied, calmly.

 

“Where are you now?”

 

“At Gimpo, of course. Where else I would be?”

 

“It’s been 3 days you weren’t here, we all felt kinda boring.”

 

I smiled at that sentence, “I would be back next week, it’s not a long wait.”

 

“It’s okay. Give your mind a break. When you feel a lot better, then you can work again.”

 

“How’s you guys? Everything is good? Do you got tons of work?”

 

“You are so lucky, Jess. Citibank’s server has been down for 2 days already. Our office is being in chaos. Miss Taeyeon isn’t here for two days in a row. She too goes there together with other engineers.”

 

“Oh really?” I quickly remembered the calls from Miss Sooyoung.

 

“No wonder I got all the side effects of the chaotic too.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“My boss, she kept calling me all day. I can’t run anymore.”

 

“Why did Miss Sooyoung call you?”

 

“She can’t find a file, she calls me. Even when she couldn’t find a damn diskette. And then, she called me just to ask about The Ritz-Carlton Hotel number.”

 

Sunny laughed so loud at the line, “then what did you tell her?”

 

“I said that the one with The Ritz-Carlton hotel sometime on last week, it wasn’t me who fix the meeting. So I asked her to get the number from Hyoyeon.”

 

I heard Sunny’s laugh again, “maybe she just wanted to tease you, who knows?”

 

“Miss Sooyoung wants to tease me? In my dream, perhaps. If Miss Taeyeon, I still can accept it.”

 

And Sunny kept on laughing, “I’ll ask Hyoyeon whether Miss Sooyoung has asked her about the hotel things or not. You wait there, don’t hang up.”

 

Then I heard Sunny asked Hyoyeon who was sitting not far from her. A few moments later I can hear Hyoyeon’s loud laugh. There must be something which I didn’t know that had amused them.

 

“Oi, missy! That Sooyoung called you just to ask about The Ritz-Carlton Hotel number, eh?” now Hyoyeon was talking on the phone.

 

“I don’t know, I was confused myself. It wasn’t like she didn’t know that Mr Shindong has asked her to accompany him to see Mr Nafario from Gru’s Inc that day.”

 

“It’s okay. Later, I will ask that Sooyoung if she forgot to ask me about the hotel number.”

 

“Please do ask her. If she forgets again, she would call me again today. Ish, I take a holiday, isn’t  for answering calls from you guys especially from my boss. I want to clear my mind. If that lion calls me again, I think, I would never feel relaxed or calm forever.”

 

“Okay, I will tell Sunny and Yoona that you switch off your cell phone later.”

 

“Thanks Hyo. If they wanted to know how am I doing here, just let them know that I am getting better.”

 

“No problem, take care!”

 

“Bye, see you next week.”

 

Tut! I switched off my cell phone immediately. I couldn’t take any call from anyone anymore. Even from my boss who might brought an important news.

 

I visited Taecyeon’s grave the next day before I headed back to Seoul. I walked over to his grave and I saw the flowers I brought the last time I visited him couple days ago. Everything seemed ‘fresh’ here. Maybe I just listened to my emotion, I saw everything was still new to me.

 

“Taec, I won’t forget our memories, ever. I won’t forget about you even for a moment. I know, I have promised to you that I would not cry over your death, and I did promise that I won’t cry for you.. but I won’t forget our memories. I will still love you. You will always live in my heart. And this time, I won’t cry anymore. I have accepted what God has decided for us.”

 

I paid a visit to Taecyeon’s parents too

Please log in to read the full chapter