Chapter 16

You are Mine
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Sixteen

I apologize for any mistakes and any typos or any grammar or whatever errors in this chapter. Please bear with me

 

Once I stepped into the house, ma called my name. “Sooyeon?”

 

Clearly, ma was not the only person who concerned about me. Pa, Yunho oppa and Il Woo oppa were also looking at me. I tried to look cheerful from before. I smiled at ma.

 

“How’s your feeling? If you still feel tired, go to your room and lie down,” ma continued.

 

“I’m fine. It’s nothing,” I replied as I poured a coffee in a cup.

 

“I felt tired because I didn’t get enough sleep.” I sat on the carpet in the living room.

 

Everyone went silent. Their eyes were fixed on the TV screen, but somehow I knew their mind and ears were focused on me. As they eventually got caught up with the show on the TV, pa has decided to break the silence.

 

“Your boss seems nice. I hope you work nicely with her.”

 

“Can I ask you something?” Ma’s voice kinda made me feel suspicious, especially with her strange question.

 

“Who is Miss Sooyoung, Sooyeon-ah?” her lips slowly curved a smile that brought certain meanings behind it.

 

“I thought so. I already told you, Miss Sooyoung is my boss,” I replied firmly, getting bored with Ma who easily get suspicious over something.

 

“She’s a sweet girl,” ma complimented indirectly and I don’t take her word seriously like at all.

 

“How did she end up sending you here?” pa questioned after that.

 

“Did you ask her to do so?” another question.

 

“No, of course not! She’s the one who wanted to send me here, I didn’t even ask her.”

 

“Are you sure she’s your boss? Not more than that?” Il Woo oppa teased.

 

“Il Woo..” pa called him as if to warn him.

 

After that Yunho oppa continued to tease me, “there’s no boss in this world who is willing to send their own secretary to home let alone from Seoul to Gimpo?” Unless the boss is…” Yunho oppa’s sentence just stopped there.

 

I glared at him, “for the hundredth time, I don’t have any relationship with her. She volunteered to send me home. Is it hard for you guys to believe that?”

 

“How can? She must like you,” ma pushed with the big smile on her face.

 

“Ish..Sooyeon’s mother, stop it.” pa argued this time. He kept hiding his face behind the newspapers.

 

“She’s just about getting better.” pa continued.

 

I smiled to myself. Ma will get scolded if she kept asking me question.

 

“Miss Sooyoung is so serious at the office. Sometimes I’m scared to talk to her.”

 

“Seriously? She looks fine to me,” ma tested.

 

I shook my head over and over. It’s difficult to convince ma. Yunho oppa cut through, “everyone will be all serious at the office. But we never know the content of their heart.”

 

“I don’t care,” I replied nonchalantly, bored with my brother’s attitude.

 

“Is she treating you kindly?” ma asked after that, I felt like I was in a police interrogation process.

 

“Yeah, I suppose. She’s like that to everyone. Everyone is afraid of her, but I don’t know. She’s way different compared to my old boss, Miss Taeyeon. Working with Miss Taeyeon was such a blast.”

 

“I like her. She likes you, I can see it. Maybe she really likes you, isn’t she?” ma tested me.

 

“Ma, she’s very rich. Loaded family. Do you actually think that there’s no one likes her? Maybe she will get married in a day or two, we don’t know that. Besides, I already stated that I don’t want to think about this stuff anymore.”

 

“Really? She’s rich? That’s even better!” Il Woo oppa jokingly said.

 

Ma and Yunho oppa let out a small laugh when they saw me looking nervous.

 

“Ish, you guys.. why do you all laugh at her? This kid just starting to get better. Stop thinking nonsense about Miss Sooyoung,” pa scolded.

 

Ma just smiled while looking at me. There’s still something that tickled her heart. She still can’t believe my word.

 

“Ma, I really don’t have any relationship with Miss Sooyoung. Why do you keep matching me with her? It’s the fact that I have nothing to do with her.”

 

Ma still smiling as well as Yunho oppa and Il Woo oppa. I don’t know what to say anymore. That night, I spent my time watching a movie with Il Woo oppa. The clock on the wall showed 9 pm, I walked into my room once I bid Il Woo oppa goodnight. I laid down on my bed, but I still didn’t feel sleepy yet even though my head started to feel very heavy. I played a song from my cell phone as I slowly spaced out. Suddenly the cell phone rang.

 

I picked my cell phone up, looking down at the screen; 010-2797-XXXX? Who the heck is this? I sat up in my bed. But I somehow knew that this number has once appeared on the screen of my cell phone not too long ago.

 

“Hello?” I said.

 

“Hello.”

 

The voice sounded familiar in my ear. “yes? With whom do you want to talk to?”

 

“This is Sooyoung. Jessica?”

 

I was shocked, “oh, hi Miss Sooyoung. Are you home yet?” I asked as I looked at the clock on the wall, it’s 9.45 PM.

 

“I just got home, like an hour ago.”

 

“That late? Why?” I slowly said and my head was packed at the moment, trying to find an appropriate topic to talk about.

 

“I stopped by at the rest stop. Find something to eat and drink. I took my own sweet time driving actually,” she explained.

 

“Um..do you feel sleepy?”

 

“Yeah, in fact, I do feel sleepy while driving before. Unlike this morning. You weren’t here.”

 

“It’s okay, next if you want to travel somewhere, let me accompany you. Then you won’t feel so sleepy anymore,” I blurted. ! Why did I say that??? I bit my own tongue.

 

She laughed, that laughter somehow made me feel warm and contented. “What are you doing right now?”

 

“In my room, listening to some songs before going to sleep.”

 

“Really? I’m in my room too.”

 

Good. We both were in the room!

 

Please log in to read the full chapter