Chapter 3

You are Mine
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Three

I apologize for any mistakes and any typos or any grammar or whatever errors in this chapter. Please bear with me.

Taecyeon held my hand tightly as we were going to cross the road. I squeezed his hand in return. He turned to look at me and smiled. There were too many cars passing by like there’s no end, which sometimes made me feel scared.

 

“This is the part I loved the most,” he said.

 

My forehead wrinkled in wonder.

 

“What? What is it?” I asked again because I couldn’t hear him clearly.

 

“Crossing the road with you is fun!” he said a bit louder than before.

 

“Why?”

 

My eyes were still focused on the cars that passing by the road. Today was Sunday, so no wonder there were so many people out here.

 

“Now, I just hold your hand. If I hug you, you would certainly hug me back like crazy!”

 

I turned to face him, but Taecyeon quickly pulled my hand to cross the busy road and made me forget about everything he said just now.

 

As soon as we arrived in front of the restaurant, I could see that Taecyeon’s parents were already there, waiting for us to come. I bowed to both of them, his mother reached me and hugged me like we weren’t seeing each other for such a long time.

 

“Pa and Ma sent their regards,” I started.

 

“Ehh, do they know that mommy and daddy are here?” asked the middle-aged woman to me as she touched my hands softly.

 

I just nodded and smiled. “Ma called me when I was in the office. Just to ask whether I would go home or not this weekend. So, I told her that both of you are here in Seoul.”

 

“How are they? Are they alright?” Taecyeon’s father asked.

 

“They are all fine. Yunho oppa is at home.” I said.

 

“Really? It’s been a while since the last time mommy met your parents. Whenever Taec goes home, he never takes us to visit them,” said the old lady as her forehead wrinkled while looking at her son.

 

I laughed softly. When mommy’s forehead started to wrinkled like that, Taecyeon and I would already know that this old lady won’t stop nagging. Before it gets worse, Taecyeon immediately ushered his parents in the restaurant.

 

“Okay! Let’s go inside first. We will continue this chit-chat session right after the dinner,” Taecyeon stated, turning off the heat that starting to burn her mother’s heart.

 

Taecyeon opened the restaurant door and let mommy, daddy and I walked in first. As soon as I walked in front of him, he pinched my arm. I yelped at the pain.

 

“What was that?” I was surprised and a bit hurt by his pinch.

 

Daddy just smiled cynically while mommy was puzzled watching our behavior. Instantly, Taecyeon asked his parents to find an empty table.

 

“You really love to make mom get mad at me, aren’t you? Don’t you have any other topics to talk about? Once mom starts nagging, Heaven knows when she can stop,” Taecyeon said, he seemed angry a bit.

 

“Oohh! That’s why. Serve you right! That is your responsibility to take your folks to visit my parents. They lived in the same place for God’s sake,” I muttered.

 

And Taecyeon smiled naughtily, “you know what? You too are just like mom. Nag, nag and nag.”

 

“Do you just realize about it? For how long do you know me?” my turn to get mad at him.

 

Taecyeon chuckled. I quickly left him behind and took a seat beside mommy while Taecyeon sat beside his father.

 

We already ordered the food and it only took five minutes for food to be served to us. While we were eating, suddenly Taecyeon’s father started, “Sica, actually.. uncle would like to meet your father. We want to discuss about your marriage.”

 

I quickly shifted my eyes to Taecyeon. As far as I know, he never tells me about his father’s intention.

 

“Why it has to be so soon, dad?” Taecyeon seemed dumbfounded as well as me.

 

After that I turned to look at mommy’s face, waiting for an answer from her. She calmly looked at me as her lips curved into a small smile. However, she refused to say anything, letting her husband to explain everything to us.

 

“It’s nothing, actually. It’s just, daddy concerns about you two,” the old man stopped for a moment and continued,

 

“daddy wants to speed up your wedding date. The sooner the better.”

 

I started to understand and Taecyeon smiled mischievously.

 

“It takes so much time to wait until both of you’ve got enough money to hold the wedding ceremony. Daddy and mommy knows that you guys want to use your own money, you don’t want to use ours. But how long we have to wait?”

 

I just kept on munching the food without any word, as well as Taecyeon. However, he seemed very happy about it.

 

“Sica, daddy bet your Pa and Ma would agree with my opinion, if we tell them about this matter.”

 

I stared at Taecyeon before shifting my sight to his father, Mr Ok.

 

“I’ll leave this matter to my parents to decide, daddy.”

 

“Eh, don’t you want to marry with me sooner?” Taecyeon teased.

 

Mommy cut me before I could say anything, “don’t you just think about to get married. If daddy holds your wedding ceremony someday near in the future, you must find a way to pay back daddy’s money. After that, mommy wants you to change your motorcycle to a car. Even it’s a used car, it’s okay as long as it is a car! I don’t want you to ride a motorcycle anymore. I don’t mind when you aren’t married yet, but after you get married with Sica, it’s better if you drive a car. The way I see you ride that thing, it’s like the road is yours!”

 

“That’s right, mommy! Even if you didn’t ask him, I’m the one who will ask him to sell that motorcycle. I don’t even like the way he rides it.” I added more pressure to Taecyeon.

 

Daddy also nodded his head, agreed with our opinion.

 

Three versus one, Taecyeon seemed very pressured.

 

“How about this. You don’t have to pay mommy’s and daddy’s money back. You use the money you’ve saved all this time to buy a new car. That’s the only thing I ask. You had enough of it before. But after you get married, don’t you tell me that you still want to take your wife and kids riding that motorcycle?” mommy continued after a few seconds.

 

I observed Taecyeon’s reaction. He seemed desperate and torn between two. I know that his motorcycle was like his own life. But I too didn’t like the way he rode it, he was like forgetting about himself while riding the motorcycle. Thankfully, it didn’t make him doing something that illegal or endangering himself. It just I didn’t want something bad to happen to him.

 

“Do you agree with me? Let mommy and daddy handles all the wedding cost but, I don’t want to see that motorcycle ever again,” mommy asked when Taecyeon just kept silent.

 

“I thought I just want to elope with Sica,” Taecyeon simply said. He still wanted to pull a joke with his parents.

 

Daddy’s and Mommy’s eyes grew bigger in an instant as they stared at their only son. But I just keep on laughing.

 

“What did you say, Ok Taecyeon? Do you want to die young?” Mommy said furiously. I could see a smoke coming out of her ears now.

 

I quickly calmed mommy down, “Taec just teasing you. Don’t you believe him. Who are crazy enough to elope? I would leave him if he wants to do that with me, no matter how much my love for him. There are many guys waiting for me!”

 

Taecyeon can easily get jealou

Please log in to read the full chapter