XXI: Explanation

Beyond the Dream [NEW]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaerin is getting her newspaper while getting a coffee for her and Dara in her usual store, some people noticing her, some throwing a hatred look and some just do not care. 

"Good morning ahjumma!" She smile with excitement, it is the usual ahjumma at the newspaper stand she usually go.

"Morning Chaerin... the usual?"

"Yes."

The ahjumma smile to her while giving Chaerin the usual stack of newspaper and magazine, from all her subscribers, Chaerin is the only one who is love to pick the newspaper and magazine directly from her for every once in a week. The young woman take it from the ahjumma's hand, she hand her the payment before the old woman say something that make Chaerin stop her step to go inside her car.

"I see you're back in the real world Chaerin..."

She blinked, twice. Trying to listen the statement from the newspaper ahjumma, a statement that make Chaerin have a goosebumps all over her body, she is gulping before she turn her body to see the ahjumma's face. Really afraid of what she will facing; is it something out of ordinary, or a witch's face with a huge nose and crooked teeth, or a purple slimmy monster, or anything that really scary. 

"Wh-what?"

Seeing that the young woman looking scared, she tap Chaerin's shoulder and smile, "You'll see me, nothing else will.", she is assuring the young woman.

"What d-do y-you mean by a real world?" She is facing the smiling face of the ahjumma she is always know, Chaerin exhaling a deep breath and try to smile.

"Sit down here." She pull a folded chair from inside the newstand store and have Chaerin to sit on it, she also give the young woman a hot canned black coffee, "Sorry, canned coffee, it's the only one we've here."

"It's okay." Chaerin sit with a hesitation, her clean freak mode striking not in a right moment.

"No worries Chaerin, the chair is clean and I wipe the can with a clean sheet already, you want another tissue?" The middle aged woman about the younger woman fear of dirt and how clean freak she is.

"Ah... I'm sorry ahjumma." She nod with uncomfortable expression, feeling guilty, "But, yes, that'll be very helpful."

Chaerin sit while holding her canned coffee, nervous, waiting for the ahjumma to explain things she never quite understand all this time. From her expertise of knowing a lot of things for her books, she found nothing that can lead her to the truth behind her and Dara's dreams. A place where everything seems so real, with a different point of view, a place where she found her love of her life.

"Astral Projection."

"Excuse me?" Chaerin look confused, she had heard something that mentioning about Astral Projection, but she never take it seriously.

"Yes, what you've been through with Sandara is Astral Projection." 

"How-"

"Do you know what it is?"

"Something like a lucid dream? But, all of that was real!"

"You're already at the Fourth Plane or called by Buddhic. Where all love and peace blooming, the place is grant all of your love wishes. Many humans that already been here, never once to comeback into the real world. That is why, you've seen many people stuck in coma for years. A day there, is a minute in the real world. What makes you comeback here? To the First Plane or the world we are now?"

"Dara fell from the ship, I jumped to save her, then everything comeback into my consciousness. But, I stuck in an endless tunnel, I tried to get out from there. It's just so hard." Chaerin remembering the time she was feel really lost.

It was a white, blank, endless tunnel she walk before she gain her consciousness back. She heard people talking, whispering, crying and most of all, she heard Dara calling for her. But, she keep running in circle and meeting others that supposed to be happen only in a book or a movie, things like ghost or dead people.

"You're in the Hall or Etheric, the gate and tunnel to come to our real world and to the others worlds. What's bringing you back in?" She ask while cutting a cake for Chaerin, currently no customers coming to buy any tabloids, magazine or newspapers.

Chaerin remember the day when she force herself to wake up, she hear about how Dara wanting to jump so she can return to the world they are once in. Something powerfull like a silver string pull her out and hit her back into the real world. That is when she is open her eyes, and seeing the hospital room, smelling the medicines and hearing people quarell to stop Dara's action.

"You didn't know how to come, that's probably why you're stuck in the Hall."

"What is exactly this Astral Projection you've been telling me?"

"Eat this first, I'll explain." She give Chaerin the cake and greet one customer who want to buy the latest Kpop Magazine, before return to Chaerin.

Astral projection or astral travel is an interpretation of an out-of-body experience (OBE) that assumes the existence of an astral body separate from the physical body and capable of travelling outside it. The idea of astral travel is rooted in common worldwide religious accounts of the afterlife in which the consciousness or soul's journey or ascent is described in such terms as an out-of body experience, wherein the spiritual traveller leaves the physical body and travels in his/her subtle body or dreambody or astral body into higher realms. Astral projection or travel denotes the astral body leaving the physical body to travel in an astral plane, in which Chaerin's case, she was travelling to the Fourth Plane together with Dara.

Their cars collided, bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter