할머니

The Unwanted Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

할머니 (Grandmother)

Lu Han’s POV

“Damn! What in the world my parents are thinking? They want to sell me into what they called marriage to that girl? It’s nuts!” I drove my car without any specific direction. I couldn’t go and rant to my girlfriend, telling her casually that I’m going to have a wife soon, it was a dumb idea. I stopped at the Han River. It was quite since it will be dawn soon. I just blankly stared as I kept throwing stones to the river. I thought after I’ve got myself a girlfriend, my life would be happier after all of the bad things happened. I’m happy now, what a man needed more than a lovely woman beside him? none... ah maybe wealthiness but my family was rich so I don’t need to think about that. But now my happy life in these past months just a memories, just because of the stupid marriage announcement.

 

I drove home around 2 in the morning. As I expected my parents weren’t home. Only maids and chauffers were there. The thing I needed in life was love and warmth. Why? being rich wasn’t as happy as you thought. Since the day I was born, Mrs. Cho, the oldest maid here was the one who always took care of me. I thought of her as my own mother and she’s the only one who I could talk to beside my best friends. My parents never really stayed at home. They always flew back and forth to China. My mother was Chinese and my father was Korean. The world already knew about my family business, The Lu's Corp.. Since 1 year ago, The Lu’s Corp. was developing in China so my parents had to take care of it while they took care of mom’s family. It’s been 5 years since the last time I’ve came to China to met my beloved grandmother, nainai. She always took care of me even though the ocean was parting us. Her warm voice always made me calm and I really wish that nainai was here right now so she could calm me down. It's been a long time too since the last time I called her. I was getting busier with life and I've made my mind up that I had to call her, tomorrow. Tired with all the thoughts, I went to the deep slumber.

 

I felt something warm spreading all over my bum. The object kept patting my bum over and over again. I stirred and opened my eyes, staring blankly as I saw the person I really wanted to meet right now was smiling right next to me. I stared at her as I kept rubbing my eyes, scared that it was just a dream but her voice assured me that it was real.

“My Lu Han…” I smiled widely and gave her a big loving hug.

“Nainai…”

“Let me look at my grandson…” She cupped my face as I kept my smiling face. “You’re so big and handsome now.”

“I missed you nainai…” “I missed you too, my Lu Han.”

 

Nainai told me to clean up myself first. I happily took a shower and changed my clothes into a comfortable one, t-shirt and Bermuda shorts. I walked down to the dining room and there's nainai with her warm smile. She made me Chinese food and it was my favorite food. Her food was the best and the tastiest in the whole wide world. She told me to take a seat and pray before eating. Soon, I started to dig in. I kept munching all the food down to my empty stomach, earning a chuckle and a warn from nainai. Just in ten minutes, I emptied the plates, all the plates. I patted my stomach, satisfied with the food.

“Nainai, your food always the best!” I put my two thumbs up, smiling widely to her.

“Glad you’re enjoying my food, It's good that I'm here. Look at you, you’re so skinny, Lu Han.”

“I’m not, nainai… I’m working on my abs that’s why I have to dieting. But since you’re here, I will eat as much as I want!”

“My childish grandson.”

“Nainai… I bet you already hear about my marriage.”

“Yes… I already looked at your soon-to-be-wife’s photo and she was beautiful.”

“Nainai… she is not beautiful, not my style at all and I already have a girlfriend that much prettier than her and you will love my girlfriend more than her.”

“Beautiful is not only for the outside but the inside as well, Lu Han. I know that your girlfriend must be pretty, since my grandson is so handsome but the girl I saw in the photo, who has the brightest smile and sparkling eyes is beyond beautiful and I know that she will be a great wife for you.”

“But nainai… I love my girlfriend.”

“Lu Han, give the girl a chance, give yourself a chance to know her better. Let the fate choosing the end for the both of you. Trust your heart, let fate decide.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter