저녁 식사

The Unwanted Wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

저녁 식사 (Dinner)

I sat still in the round table, feeling really awkward. Awhile ago, dad introduced me to the family that used to be dad’s childhood friend and best friend. In front of me there’s the Lu and their son. He was a successful business man. I saw his face on a business magazine cover twice. His aura has  a strong sense of power and leadership but there's a fatherly warmth in him too and it made me more relax to face him. His wife was a typical business man's wife. She was so beautiful and glamour. She didn't give a 'mean wife' attitude but it was more like a mother's love. The Lu's has a gentle smile and I think that was the reason why they were successed in controlling their business. People would believe in them as soon as they saw their warmth behavior.

"Hello... You must be the Ok's beautiful daughter?" Mr. Lu smiled.

I stood up and bowed down to him for a second, sitting down after that. "Yes... I'm Ok Ji Hye."

"You look so beautiful, dear. Just like your mother and little bit of your father as well." Mrs. Lu chuckled, making my parents chuckled as well.

"Thank you for your compliment, Mrs. Lu. You look so young and beautiful and it's a fact." I said.

"Really? You make the old lady feels shy." She replied.

"I told you, you still look so beautiful and young, yeobo." Mrs. Lu added, making others smiled at the scene.

"Ah I almost forgot...  here is my son, Lu Han." The young man stood up and bowed.

"I'm Lu Han."

 

After the introduction, my parents kept talking to the Lu and left me behind, alone. The young man with the name of Lu Han, kept playing his phone after he asked the waitress about the restaurant’s wi-fi password. He was to absorbed to his phone. I examined him from my seat. He was handsome. His fair skin was so smooth and clean. His face was small and it looked like a baby. From what I heard before, he was already in his 21. At first, I thought at least he was in the same grade as me but he was two years older. I was to engrossed in looking at him.  Suddenly my dad broke the silence with a cheerful tone in his voice, making me snapped back from my own world.

“So what do you think about Mr. Lu’s son, Hye ah?”

*What do you expect me to say, appa?* I eyed my dad for a second and moved my eyes to Lu Han who just happily playing with his damn cellphone. He noticed me and glared back at me with no-expression kind of face. I cleared my throat. “I think he is fine.”

“What do you think about Ji Hye, LuLu?” *LuLu??? What a cutiepie name!!!” I bit my my lower lips to prevent me to burst out in laughter. A man called LuLu is definitely cute.

“Fine. And don’t call me LuLu, pa.”

I don’t know why but my parents and Lu Han’s had a weird expression on their faces. It was creepy like a happiness overload or something like that. Are they excited or what? Don’t tell me……..

“Since they both of you fine with each other so no worries.” Dad said.

Okay… I know what this lead me into… I saw this in one of the fanfics...

“You will be such a cute husband and wife!” Lu Han’s mom squealed along with my mom who just giggled like a kid.

Damn! I know this kind of event will lead me into a weird arranged marriage.

Lu Han who seemed really lost in this kind of conversation just looked at us with his doe eyes. Definetly blank. I think he need 3 seconds to understand. One… two… th-.

“WHAT?!?” *Gotcha!* He widened his eyes in disbelief.

“I don’t want to get married, ma… pa…” He pleanded.

“Me too! I don’t want to get married, in fact, I’m still a high school student. I will face up with my final exam soon and if I get married, it would infect my grade and I don’t want something like that happened.” I stated the fact with a brave voice and don’t get me wrong, my inside was wavering so bad.

“We understand about that reason, soon to be my daughter. That’s why we made an agreement to let you finished your high school an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter