"That time of the month"

Cold Hearted

Nicole was so sweet and beautiful. Yuri was nicer and cute. It was almost hard to choose, but Nicole was too perfect to ignore. At least, until the day after she was crying in my arms.

I woke her up and received a pillow in my face as punishment. "Nicole, come on! Wake up!" I said. She groaned and stayed in bed, so I took the covers off her bed. She was so cute, all curled up in a ball. Nicole also had only a ped varsity-like jacket and underwear the cover her body. 

She quickly sat up and covered herself when she noticed her blanket was gone. I giggled at her bright red cheeks, but she was very unamused. "BYUN BAEKHYUN!! OUT OF MY ROOM. NOW!" Nicole screamed. I dropped the blanket and ran out of her room, laughing  when I reached safety.

A few minutes later, she was downstairs in sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt, along with the jacket from bed. I cracked up when she gave me an annoyed face, but I was also laughing because her jacket had been wrapped around her bare chest all night and she was still wearing it.

"Oh my god, Nicole! You look so stupid! Go put on actual clothes!" Yuri yelled at her dongsaeng.

"Nicole this, Nicole that. Stop yelling at me, !" Nicole yelled back. I didn't like this scene at all. Two girls yelling at each other about something stupid.

"Hey guys, stop fighting. It's annoying," I said. I instantly known my words were unacceptably stupid.

"Umm, stay out of this, Baekhyun. We were just talking and you completely interrupted us. You always do that!" sweet Yuri yelled at me.

"I know, right? You stick your own issues and we'll stick to ours," Nicole agreed.

"You guys were yelling at each other three seconds ago! What's wrong with you?!" I yelled. Yuri whimpered and broke out into tears. Nicole hugged her and glared at me. "What the hell did I do?!"

"You're so insensitive, you know that?" Nicole said. I was ready to throw something at both of them. Girls are so frustrating!

"Why would you say that?" Yuri whined. I sighed and went over to her.

"Yuri, I'm sorry. Do you want a hug?" I asked. Yuri nodded, leaving Nicole to hug me.

Nicole went into the living room and the T.V, squealing with delight as she saw what was on. "Unnie! Come here!" she said excitedly, so Yuri left and sat on the couch. She smiled as she saw, too. I looked at the screen, and it was some Korean drama. I decided to go up to my room and wait it out, until they were done being annoying, mad, and crying to me.

I went down anyway, only to find both girls in tears. "Hey, are you guys okay?" I asked. They nodded with their eyes glued to the screen. "Why are you crying?"

"It's just so emotional," Nicole bawled.

"What is happening to you two? Are you seriously crying over a stupid show?" I asked.

"Oppa, come sit with us," Yuri said, patting the seat between her and Nicole. I obeyed her command, and they both rested their heads on my shoulders. Now I 'had' to watch the drama that made no sense.

Both of them burst into tears at one point, burying their faces into my shoulder. It was a little bit cute, so I put my arms around both of them. "Shhh, don't cry. It's okay," I said, knowing it wouldn't help at all.

"I love you, oppa."

I jumped at this because it sounded like Yuri's voice. I realized it was only the T.V, which I switched off at the intense line. It suddenly made sense now; I couldn't believe I was so blind. The mood swings, the strange cravings for stupid shows, and eating a lot (Yuri had eaten at least three chocolate bars).

They were on their cycle. It was that time of the month for them. Why was I so stupid?

I took Nicole out for a walk after that while Yuri took advantage of the snow melting and went into town to buy food.
We walked around, completely silent. Until Nicole's hand touched mine, so I jerked it away. It was almost painful to see that Nicole could take 'her' place so soon, taking away all sense of my old love's touch. Her eyes stared sadly at the ground when my hand was offended by hers, so she slipped it back into her pocket. I blushed with embarrassment when I realized how broken this action made her. "Sorry, it's just... It's just that Hyo Min was the only girl to hold my hand, so..." I apologized weakly.

"Of course," she sneered to herself. I felt so bad. I actually admired Nicole because she was gorgeous, sweet, and had a sense of humor and aegyo. I liked her, but I still decided to mess around.

"Hey, Nicole. I need to ask you something," I said. Her eyes lit up and she smiled at me.

"Yes? Ask me, Baekkie," she said. I took her hand from her pocket and put my face next to her ear.

"Why have you been acting all weird? Is it because it's that time of the month?" I whispered in her ear, knowing it was one of the only things that one should not ask a girl. Nicole gasped and whirled around, hitting me twice. I felt a stinging pain on my face and I fell backward. I had no idea what happened, but I knew how much it hurt. She covered in utter disbelief.

"What.... Happened....?" I asked wearily. I could only see out of one eye.

"Oh my god. Unnie is going to kill me. Come on, oppa, get up," Nicole said, helping me up. We walked to the house together. I stared at the golden hardwood flooring, watching blood drip on the floor. I was mortified.

"There's blood on the floor. Oh my god. What did you do, Nicole?!" I yelled at her. Nicole had her fingers in her hair, pacing back and forth nervously, but then she took my hand and led me to the kitchen, wetting a washcloth and putting it up to my nose.

"Wow, you have blood all over your face. Okay, hold that on and lean forward. Pinch the bridge of your nose, too," she said. I was absolutely terrified, even if it was just blood. The way Nicole said it made me shiver.

"It still hurts..." I whimpered. Nicole gave me a weak smile and looked into my eyes. Well, eye. The other hurt so much that I couldn't open it.

"I know. You'll be fine, oppa," she answered, patting my head. "Now we just need to do something about that eye...."
"Don't touch my eye. It'll hurt too much," I said, almost defensively. She grabs an ice pack from the freezer and put it on my face. I winced, but she shushed me by petting my hair.

"You're okay. You're okay, oppa," she murmured sweetly. With her face so close to mine, it was so tempting to kiss her. But I loved-

No, I don't. I love Nicole. Hyo Min is gone forever.

"Nicole, what happened to my face?" I questioned. Nicole looked at me and bit her lip.

"Baekhyun, wouldn't it be better if you just, you know, slept right now, so it doesn't hurt as much?"

"But I'm not-" I don't know what happened, but it hurt twenty times as much. I guess if was the better kind of anesthesia if a person lacked it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm so sorry for this chapter. But it was so fun to write lol and I'll have a good chapter for tomorrow. Again sorry... Subscribe, comment, and upvote! Hashi Konata Fighting!