Just for Show?

Cold Hearted

I went home with Nicole and Yuri. Yuri could tell something was wrong. "Hey, Baekhyun. What's up with you?" she asked. I looked her in the eyes and took a deep breath.

"I'm dating Jessica. There. I said it," I replied, trying to walk away. But she caught my arm and pulled me back.
"Wait, what?! Our Jessica?! JESSICA JUNG?!" she yelled, and I nodded in response. I earned myself a slap in the face. "You're cheating on my dongsaeng?!"

"Well, no, I... Jessica and I were.... We were holding hands to make Hyo Min leave and people saw us and now we're dating. Nicole is okay with it. Please don't hit me again, Yuri," I told her. She narrowed her eyes at me.

"Why are you dating Jessica?!" she yelled at me.

"Because we have to! And I am not answering any more Jessica related questions!" I responded angrily, stomping off to my room. I found Nicole in there on her bed, so I hugged her and smiled. "I love you," I whispered in her ear.

"I love you, too, Baekkie. I heard Yuri yelling at you," she stated quietly. I pecked her head and rested my head on her shoulder.

"Yeah, she was annoyed at me for dating Jessica. Listen, I'm so sorry about that...." I said, holding her tighter.
"It's okay, baby. You guys would be ruined if you didn't date," she replied bluntly.

"I know, but I hope you know that I love you. I really do; Jessica isn't as perfect as you," I remarked. She smiled.

"I'm not perfect," she denied. I ruffled her hair and sat next to her, looking into her shadowy and twinkling brown eyes.

"Well, I love all your imperfections. Even if you're not the best girl in the world, I'm still the happiest guy in the world to have you," I countered. I could see her blush.

"Thanks. You make me the happiest girl, too," Nicole replied.

Two days later, I went to see SNSD again. Nicole came reluctantly, saying she had nothing better to do. It was basically a dance practice, but I wanted to come anyway since I didn't have anything better to do, either. The girls were practicing a hard dance routine with incredible usage of hips. It was very... y. I just stood back and watched them practice.

"Baekhyun-ah, can you get me my water?" Jessica asked politely after the music had stopped. I grabbed her water bottle and threw it to her. "Thank you," she responded breathlessly. I bumped into her while I was walking over to Nicole.

"Oh, sorry," I apologized. She smiled at me, but I gave her a stern look. "We're not in public, Jess."

Her smile faded as she looked at the floor annoyedly. "Yeah, okay. Sorry," she apologized with an almost tired sigh. I continued over to my love, Nicole.

"Hey. You looked pretty good dancing up there," I told her, pushing a lock of hair behind her ear. She smiled at me exhaustively.

"My hips hurt. I've never had such girly struggles," she replied with a smile. I laughed.

"Yeah, I'm happy to be a guy," I stated.

After the entire practice was over, Nicole went home with Yuri. And they forgot me, in the rain. "Hey, do you... You want a ride or something?" Jessica asked, unsure if she wanted to ask her question. I smiled at her.

"I don't know. I kinda like the rain," I replied. She gave me a strange look.

"You're going to catch a cold. I don't need you to get me sick," she said, waving me over to her car. I got in and she drove to a coffee shop nearby.

"But... I don't live here," I said, but she ignored me and got out. I followed, going into the coffee shop with her. It smelled like chocolate and vanilla with spices. I held Jessica's hand and realized that smell was her. "Jessica, you smell good." I had absolutely no filter, did I?

"Thanks, Baekhyun," was all she said. She bought me and herself some coffee, and she sat down at a table with me.

"This could be considered a private place, right?" I asked. I said it seriously, but she still laughed at me.

"Baekhyun, you take a lot of things too seriously. I can't understand why Nicole would like you," she teased.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I questioned defensively. Jessica rolled her eyes at me.

"She just seems so happy and fun, but you are just serious. I can't believe I saved you," she stated.

"Yeah, thanks. You're no picnic either, Jess. I don't want to be here with you," I replied. She got up and left, so I followed her to the car.

"C'mon, I'm taking you back to Yuri. She can deal with you," she choked out. I realized she had tears straying on her cheeks.

"Umm, are you okay?" I asked. She nodded easily, but I stopped her and turned her around. "No, you're not. Why are you crying?"

"I'm fine, just get away from me!" Jessica yelled at me. She pulled away, but I caught her wrist.

"Jessica, just because we aren't in love, doesn't mean I don't want to help you. Now can you tell me what's wrong please?" I pleaded.

"You don't want to help me. You don't like me at all," she whimpered.

"I do like you. I'm sorry I was rude," I said, finding myself always in the middle of crying girl situations. I pulled her closer to me, letting her dry her tears in my shirt. There was a clicking sound and a few flashes. Of course. The media loves us. She let go of me and went back to the car. I got in and she drove me back to Yuri's house. Yuri glared at me right when I came in the door. "Hey, Yuri. Thanks for leaving me," I sighed.

"Yah, Baekhyun, you still got home. How?"

"Jessica brought me. It's funny that you were so mad that I was dating her yesterday, but now you're fine with her taking me home?"

"I never said I wanted *her* to take you home..." she grumbled. I scoffed.

"Love you, too, Yuri," I said sarcastically. Love meaning brother love.

Nicole came up to me after dinner. "Baekkie, we have to go," she whined. I worried that this meant our relationship had to go, but when she started pulling me towards the door, I felt better.

"Go where?" I asked.

"We have to go see Jessica-unnie," she said. I groaned and pulled her close to me with a smile.

"But I like you more, babe. I want to spend time with you, not her," I reminded her. She looked into my eyes with happiness and excitement for a second, but it quickly faded as she shook common sense into her head and looked away.

"No, stop it. I love you, but we need to see Jessica," her voice rang out. It wasn't Nicole though; it couldn't have been. I felt her body release me, which terrified me. "Go to the car. Yuri will drive you," she said.

"Why can't you?"

"Because I don't want to see you with her, even if it's just for show. I don't like it," she choked out. I could tell she was trying hard not to cry, and she was taking a few deep breaths to calm herself. "I'm going up to the room, but please go to the car. Yuri is waiting there for you," she said, promptly sashaying upstairs to the room. I went outside to the car where Yuri was.

I knocked on the door to where Jessica lived. It was really just a penthouse, shared with two other SNSD members.
"Hello! Oh, you're here for Jessie, aren't you?" The girl asked. Her wide eyes were like dark chocolate, almost candy-like and edible with her full appearance. She had wavy and bouncy dark hair to match her eyes.

"Umm, yeah, do you know where she is?" I asked.

"Sure. I'll get her for you. JESSIE!" the girl yelled. She turned back to me. "I'm Choi Sooyoung."

"I'm Byun Baekhyun. Nice to meet you," I said as I bowed to her. She smiled at me, reflecting it back on my face. 

"Baek, hey!" Jessica yelled out with a smile on her face. "Please come in!"

I obeyed reluctantly. I wanted Nicole so much. It was almost like withdrawal from alcohol, but worse. "Hi, Jess. I'm so happy to see you," I said, trying my best to put Nicole out of my brain.

"Me, too. I'm glad you're here," she said as she wrapped her arms around my neck. "I'm so sorry. I know you don't want to be here," she whispered sadly in my ear. I smiled weakly.

"Thanks. I'll try to be nice," I told her in hushed tone. She pulled away from me. We left the penthouse to go do something together.

At first, we went to a movie. It was boring, but Jessica seemed to like it. Afterwards, we traveled on to dinner. We talked a little, finishing all the food we ordered. At last, we had finished the painful night. I got in Jessica's car and she started it up. "Jessica, I had fun tonight," I said quietly. She smiled as she passed the familiar house.

"Yeah, me too."

"You passed Yuri's house, Jess. Aren't you going to turn around?" I asked. She shook her head. I giggled like it was a joke. "Silly girl. Turn around, come on," I said playfully. Jessica responded by shaking her head again.

"I have one place left, Baek," she replied simply. I would never get back to Nicole....

We arrived at the empty dance studio. I was puzzled at her choice of setting, but that didn't stop me from going in with her. She walked in and the music, taking her place as it started. I listened to the music and watched her swift movements. She paused at a few parts, but she bit her lip and kept going. It was actually cool to see all those choreographed moves in one piece, with one girl singing all the words.

"That was quite interesting, Jessica," I told her. She seemed pleased with this and she pulled me to the middle of the room.

"Can you dance, oppa?" she asked sweetly. I blushed when she said oppa.

Nicole. I pushed Jessica away from me. My palms were already sweating and my head hurt. The mere thought of Nicole made my stomach churn and twist. I flinched a little at this new pain. "Ow! If you push me away, don't punch my chest! I'm not a guy!" she yelled at me. When Jessica looked at my pale face, she softened her evil glance towards me. "Yah, are you okay?"

"Umm, yeah, I'm fine," I responded weakly. Jessica went over and the music to a slow song, quickly coming back and pulling me closer to her.

"Then dance with me," she pleaded. She planted her hands on my shoulders and I did the same with her hips. We danced and I twirled her a little. The girl in my arms was beautiful, with her glimmering brown eyes and beautiful, long, and wavy brown hair. The song had ended before I knew it.

I kissed her without thinking.

________________________________________________________________________________

AISH THIS CHAPTER IS SO LONG!! I'm sorry... Anyway, I read the comments. I should've worked another EXO member in! I'm so sorry guys! I actually have been doing the chapters in my notes then I bring them over here, and I didn't have internet where I was working, so I finished the chapter before I read the comments... I'll definitely write that in, though. Sorry ㅠ.ㅠ Hashi Konata Fighting, by the way! ^-^