Skating!

Cold Hearted

"Hey," a small voice woke me up. I sat up immediately and rubbed my head. There was Nicole in black jeans and a dark, rich blue half-sleeved shirt with pearl white buttons.

"Hello morning- I mean, hello. Good morning," I caught myself. This made a smile find a way onto her face as she giggled lightly.

"Good morning to you, too. Are you gonna get up soon?" she questioned. I shook my head and gave a tired smile. "Please?"

"I'm tired, though...." I responded. She giggled again.

"Please wake up. I'm very bored, and my cousin refuses to wake up," I giggled a little.

"Fine," I groaned finally, getting out of bed. I was basically wearing the same thing as before: a pair of jeans and a yellow long sleeved shirt. "There. I got out of bed, so can I sleep more?" I asked, and she returned with a shake of her head and a pout.

"Please? Unnie never wakes up!" she said, giving me a cute plead. I nodded, and she grabbed my wrist to pull me downstairs. I looked at her eyes, the dark ones I had seen earlier, and I was surprised when I noticed they were staring right back at mine. I quickly glanced at the floor to avoid any eye contact.

"Sorry," I said, making it obvious that I was staring at her. She turned fully to me, letting my arm fall limply at my side as she let go.

"We should go ice skating! C'mon, you can wear unnie's skates!" she squealed excitedly, and soon enough, I was walking to the frozen lake and had a pair of skates in my hand. She was eagerly bouncing toward the frozen water, waiting for me when she finally got there. As we put on our skates together, I noticed that I had no idea how to ice skate. It looked like she noticed, too.

"Do you need help?" Nicole asked. I shook my head, even though I fell right onto the ice when I did so. My cheeks were already pink from cold, but the blush had turned them bright red. "Are you sure?" she asked with a giggle, so I got off my feet and tried again to go forward. I promptly fell on the ground.

"I don't understand how anyone could do this," I muttered, so she skated over and helped me up.

"It's easy. I'll help you," she replied, holding my hand and pulling me along. She taught me how to position my skates and move forward on them, and stopping was easy. Pretty soon, I had learned how to skate.

"See? What did I tell you?" she said matter-of-factly. I smiled at her, but it didn't last.

"JUNG YONG-JOO! WHERE ARE YOU?!" Her cousin yelled from the house. It oddly sounded like the same angry shout from Hyo Min's father. Telling me to leave the girl I love.

We both switched from our skates to our shoes as quickly as possible, and Nicole must've seen the horrified look on my face. "Are you okay? Don't worry about her. She's just cranky," she explained. I shook my head and gazed at the ground.

"No, I just... Nothing. Never mind," I said. When we got to the house, I noticed that Yuri was wearing only a long t-shirt and her underwear, so she quickly pulled her shirt down when she saw that I had noticed.

"Unnie, go put on clothes. We have a guy here...." Nicole commanded with a sigh, immediately bursting into giggles when her unnie had to do the walk of shame upstairs. "Oh, I'm such a bad dongsaeng. I'm so mean," she giggled. I was about to remind her that she had done the same, but I didn't care that she was "not decent," or either of them really.

"You're not a bad dongsaeng. Just one that's good at pointing out the embarrassing," I explained. She giggled.

"I know," she responded. Yuri came back down a few minutes later in a slim fit pink sweater and some boot-cut jeans.

"Okay, Baekhyun, is this okay?" Yuri asked mockingly, motioning towards her clothing. I smiled and nodded. "Do you want to wear something else? I know Nicole has some clothes from her old boyfriend, especially boxers," Yuri teased. I laughed, but I looked at Nicole, who was blushing furiously.

"No, I don't!" she denied, but Yuri crossed her arms. "Why did you go through my drawers?!" Nicole whispered angrily at her, which made me laugh even harder.

"I'll change into them tomorrow if I take a shower tonight. But I think I'll keep my own boxers, thanks," I replied to Yuri.

"Good, I don't need your rotten smell all over his boxers...." Nicole mumbled to herself. I rolled my eyes at her playfully.

"You're such a funny one, Nicole," Yuri said, which meant that she had failed at staying inaudible.

Later that day, Nicole helped me set out clothes for in the morning. They were just jeans, a blue t-shirt, and a black jacket. "Why did you keep your old boyfriend's clothes?" I asked. She sighed as she laid the shirt on the dresser.

"Because he forgot them in my bags, and I'm never going back to him. And if I got rid of them, I would have to forget everything about him. His smell, his feel, his style, and I couldn't do that," she replied.

"Why not?"

"Because he was the last person that ever loved me, and he's the last person I'll ever love back." I immediately felt regret towards Hyo Min. I had taken nothing of hers but a picture. I would forget her, too. But then I replayed Nicole's words. The last person she'd ever love, and that loved her back?

Maybe I can change that. Just maybe, though. No promises.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Yay! Another chapter is up! I love you, my subscribers and readers, and I hope you enjoy this! And you better appreciate it, too. It's 11:20 pm over here and I couldn't sleep, and I have an awful headache >.< but I love writing, so I'm good with this anyway, subscribe and comment, my lovelies. Hashi Konata Fighting!