Date (Baekhyun version)

Cold Hearted

I stayed at home alone, because Yuri went out to do something. Jessica came over and we watched TV. I tried being as unromantic as possible, but she snuggled up to my chest. I almost hugged her as a reflex, like I had done so many times with Nicole. I had never really seen Jessica in normal clothing, but she was wearing casual jeans, sneakers, and a yellow t-shirt. I liked seeing her so casual because she looked the most beautiful this way.

"Jess, would it be wrong to ask why you like me?" I asked curiously. She looked up at me and smiled.

"I don't know. You're cute and funny and the sweetest guy I've ever met," she said. God damn it. Nicole was right. I was too nice to her. "What do you like about me? I mean, I know you don't love me yet, but just asking."

I took a moment to answer. "I like it when you're dressed like this, not all fancy but still pretty," I said vaguely. I had more to say, though. And your smile, and when you act cute, and you're the nicest and funniest girl ever...

"Is that all?" she asked with a pout. I smiled at her and brushed some hair away from her eyes.

"I like that you come to see me whenever you can," I replied, hoping that this would be enough. Her pout remained on her face as she turned back to the television. I felt bad for some reason, so I finally put my arm around her.

"I know you still like Nicole," she stated.

"You're a great girl, too, though."

"No, I'm not. I'm just a girl, not a great one," she said silently. I pulled her up next to me and looked into her scared eyes, planting my hands on her shoulders.

"Listen to me, Jessica Jung. Don't hate yourself just because I'm not in love with you," I told her. She scrambled from my grip and went back to her usual position: against my chest.

"What's the point of this? I know you won't like me," she muttered to herself.

"Yah, Jessica, don't talk like that. I have a deal. If I don't like you by the end of the night, we can call this fake dating thing off and we both leave. If I do.... I won't have to worry about Nicole anymore," I offered. She looked up at me and smiled happily.

"Okay. I can do that."

I hated my latest words. I didn't want to hurt Jessica, but what will I tell Nicole if I do like Jessica? I couldn't believe that I had actually said that.

We basically watched a random romantic thing until we got hungry. "I want ice cream. Do you want ice cream, too?" I asked. She got off of me and nodded.

"Can we have some ice cream, oppa?" Jessica whined. I smiled and went into the kitchen, getting a gallon of vanilla ice cream and two spoons. Who needs bowls?

"I have succeeded my mission!" I announced, coming back into the living room and holding up the ice cream. Jessica gave me a curious look and giggled.

"Well, obviously. It was right in the freezer, so of course you succeeded," she said with a giggle.

"Maybe I had to fight killer monkeys on the way. You don't know my secret mission," I said, holding it close to me like it was a sacred object. She laughed.

"You're so silly, oppa. Gimme gimme! I want ice cream!" she whined cutely. I handed a spoon and the ice cream to her and we started eating as I sat down next to her.

"The monkeys had sharp pencils. You better be grateful that I got back here alive," I said dramatically, causing Jessica to laugh again.

"Oppa! You're such a weirdo!" she remarked. I put another spoonful of vanilla ice cream in my mouth, smiling at her adorable laugh. And her irresistible smile.

Eventually, we ran out of ice cream. We went back to the TV, so I watched it with her. "I love you, oppa."

"I love you, too."

I couldn't believe how these people made love seem. It's not that easy! You can't just say that like it's a regular phrase! Of course, these words stayed in my head with no place to go, because if they came out my mouth, I wouldn't get a good reaction from Jessica.

"I'll miss you."

"I'll die without you. I love you too much."

Hyo Min. These words were too familiar to me. It was so painful to listen to them that I was on the verge of tears. I hated them. I never wanted to hear them again. They were the words that meant, I'm leaving because no one wants me anymore. And of all people, I thought you'd care.

"Oppa, are you okay?" Jessica asked, looking up at me with innocent eyes.

"Huh, what? Yeah, I'm fine," I reacted quickly because I didn't want her to hear the earthquake in my voice. She nodded, even though we both knew that I was lying, and turned back to the TV.

The whole world seemed to silence itself to listen when the next words came from Jessica's mouth.

"How come you don't like me?" Jessica asked quietly.

"I don't know, I just..." I sputtered, surprised at the question she had sprung on me.

"Am I not good enough?"

"No! Jess, you're a great girl and a wonderful-"

"Then don't I deserve to know what's wrong with me?" she questioned, looking up to me again, but with sad and wet eyes.

"There's nothing wrong with you! I don't know what I don't like about you!" I returned.

"I give up, then. I don't want someone that won't love me back," she said, getting up and leaving out the door. In that second without her warmth on my chest, I realized that I wanted- no, I needed this girl back. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if she left and I didn't do anything to stop her. I ran out after her.

"Jessica, wait. Don't leave," I said. She stopped and stared at me with those empty and betrayed brown eyes that obviously hoped that they wouldn't have to look back. I guess even Jessica knew that nothing good came from looking back.

"Why? What do you want?" Jessica asked arrogantly. I caught up to her, taking her hands in mine.

"Listen, you know how you asked me about what I liked about you earlier? Well, I only said one thing because I thought I would start to like you. I let my stupid ego get in the way and I was afraid to love the wrong girl. But I'm telling you now," I told her. She smiled and seemed interested. I took a deep breath before my next sentence.

"I love your smile, your adorable face, your sweetness, and how beautiful you are. I love the way you laugh, and how you saved me for the wrong girl just to make me happy. And I like it when you cry because that means I can hold you and tell that everything is okay. I love that you still love me even after I told you that I didn't love you. And I was lying. Jessica, I.... I love you," I explained. I felt her hug me, so I held her back.

"I love you, too, oppa."

Jessica clouded my thoughts, breaking into one of my most secluded areas: my mind. I completely forgot everything I had known a few seconds as I held her body against mine. She made me forget a very scary thought that had bothered me since I started to like the girl in my arms. What am I going to tell Nicole?

_____________________________________________________________________________

KONICHIWA I AM KYOKO-SAN AND I'M CUTE AND JAPANESE!!! Lol jk It's Lilly! I'm cute and German-American XD sorry that was so random. I'm such a weirdo :3 Yeah, here is another chapter and I'm so sorry that it's so short.... Tomorrow may have drama, but I don't know yet. Subscribe, comment, and upvote, my lovely chingus! Hashi Kon-

No, wait. This is going to be different this time.....

ANNYEONGHASEYO I AM YOO MIN AND I'M CUTE AND KOREAN!!! BBUING BBUING, SARANGHAE, AND HASHI KONATA BYEEE!!!

lol nope still Lilly XD fighting!