Tearing open old Wounds

Cold Hearted

It wasn't until a few days later that worried me. I knew it was going to be a bad day from the start. "Baekhyun, wake up. Please," Nicole whined. She was probably going to wake me up to go skating again, which I liked because I had actually gotten good at it.

"I'm so tired, Nicole.... Five more minutes," I begged. She grabbed my hand and dragged me out of bed. I got dressed and a little later, I was already putting on skates on a log by the frozen water. She quickly forced them on and started swishing along the ice, waiting for me to join. When I did so, she grabbed my hand and skated slower, even though we both knew we were capable of more speed. Soon enough though, I felt her hand detach from mine. 

I watched Nicole swiftly skate in an eight pattern, dotted with her little spins and poses. I waited for her to come back and ask if I would come with her, but she was interrupted right before she was able to. Her skates collided and twisted in such a way that caused her to fall. I dashed to her side and kneeled in front of her. "Are you okay?" I asked. Nicole lifted her head up to look down at her feet, only to whimper and slump back down. I allowed my eyes to glance at her feet. Her left ankle was bleeding heavily, having a deep open wound the size of the skate blade.

Wait. She put her right leg out to the side like a ballet dancer before she fell and must've wobbled as it came back down, so her right blade penetrated the ankle. "Nicole?" I asked, but she broke out into tears. "Can you get up for second? We need to move you," I stated, but she shook her head.

"I can't move it..." She sobbed.

"I know. I need you to get off the ground, so I can help," I responded calmly. Nicole brought up her upper body and her knees, so I picked her up and brought her to the snow, where I put on my shoes and grabbed hers, taking her and the skates with me. When I got there, Yuri was making breakfast. But Nicole spoke before I got inside.

"Don't show Yuri, please," she pleaded while I stood at the door. My eyes widened at her request.

"Why not?!"

"She'll get mad at me," she responded.

"She's your cousin. She won't get mad at you if you're hurt," I said, going inside.

"What happened to her?" Yuri asked in concern, gasping when she noticed her dongsaeng's ankle. "Oh my god! What did you do?!"

"I told you," Nicole whimpered. I set her down on the table so she wouldn't have to go on the floor. Yuri came over and took off her socks and skates, setting them on the ground.

"I need to stitch this up, Nicole. I can't believe you would do this to yourself," She said, going to get something to stitch the wound up with. Nicole started bawling even harder as her sister left.

"See? She gets so mad at me," she whined, burying her face in her hands. I didn't want to hug her for fear that she'll push me away. But Nicole seemed almost to be begging for one....

I didn't say a word as I slipped behind her and wrapped my arms around her. Nicole quieted down a little, letting her hands lock around my wrist, like she didn't want them to go of her. "I've got you. Don't worry," I murmured.

Yuri came back and started sewing her wound back together. Nicole winced a few times, groaning for it to stop, but it literally only took 20 seconds. "There, I'm done. Now just look at what you've done! There's blood everywhere!" Yuri said accusingly. My mouth hung open at this comment, and Nicole started sobbing.

"I'll clean it up, Yuri. I can do it," I offered. She smiled tiredly at me and nodded.

"Thank you, Baekhyun. I'll make breakfast," she sighed, going back to the kitchen. I searched for paper towels and grabbed them, mopping up blood from the floor.

After breakfast, Nicole limped over to the couch in the living room, lying down on it awkwardly. I leaned against the wall and smiled. You are very beautiful, Nicole. Of course, there was no way I could tell her that. "Do you need anything? I can get it for you," I offered, but she denied meekly.

"No. I don't know where Yuri hides the pain medication," she responded.

"I'll ask for it if you want," I told her, but she shook her head. "Come on. You shouldn't have to be afraid of your unnie."

"She would get mad at me!" Nicole countered. I sat on the couch with her and looked into her dark eyes.

"Listen to me. I'll do it for you," I said. I went to get her the pain medication and a cup of water. She swallowed a pill and drank the rest of the water.

"I hate this. I'm so bored..." she trailed off.

"Me too. I would go skating, but Yuri's skates are starting to hurt my feet. They're so sore," I complained. Nicole shot me a look and pointed to her ankle, so I returned with an easy smile. "Okay, fine. You can complain about your ankle. I'll listen," I offered. She took a deep breath, but she seriously sounded like she could cry again.

"Hey, are you okay, Nicole?" I asked, losing the smile I gave her. She nodded. "Really?"

"No," she answered, replacing her voice with sobs and cries and covering her tears with her palms. I got off the couch and went next to her on the floor on my knees.

"What are you crying about?" I questioned, gently peeling her hands off her face.

"It's something stupid," she whimpered.

"If it's too stupid to tell me, then you shouldn't have to cry about it, right?" I asked, but she shook her head.

"You wouldn't care," she choked.

"If you tell me, I'll listen. I do care, Nicole," I told her.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Baekcole Fighting! I'm sorry I didn't put a chapter up yesterday. I had homework blah. I'm so excited for the next chapter, but I love this fluffy chapter, too ^-^ I love you, and I hope you've enjoyed this chapter. Hashi Konata Fighting, my lovely readers! 

P.S. Next chapter will be from Nicole's chapter ^-^