Only one to Love Me back

Cold Hearted

I didn't know what to do. I stood in the room, facing my former boyfriend with my arms crossed. "Well."

"Well," I returned. The apartment was still a mess and I had packed my bags, which sat on the floor on either side of my feet.

"I can't say I'll miss you," he said finally.

"Me neither."

"Hug?" he offered. I came forward and gave him a quick squeeze, savoring the last time I would be held close to his body. I never wanted to see him again, but I also needed to feel my head on his chest. After all, he was the only real boyfriend I had and would ever get in my life.

And I left him. He took me to the airport, and I left him without a word. I would never see him again. °

I was now in South Korea, staying with my cousin, Yuri. She was a member of the dancing and singing group, Girls' Generation, also known as SNSD (Syo Nyuh Shi Dae). I felt almost sorry for her, because she had taken a vacation with me out of her busy schedule, but now, we were snowed in and couldn't leave with the streets being all icy. And I know I'm one of the worst people to be stuck with. That's why my boyfriend no longer liked me. And I was stuck here in the snow, only to replay the breakup.

"You're a slob! You never clean up and I have to do it all myself!" I yelled, looking at the apartment when I got home from work one day. Brent, my boyfriend, was drunk.

"Soooo? Cleeean it up. That'sss a woman's job-uh," he slurred. It was useless to fight his thoughts. But I couldn't take it anymore; he was always coming home drunk, and I always had to clean up his mess.

"You know what? No! I'm sick of this, Brent!" I yelled at him. He swayed around to turn to me.

"What?! Go dooo it, Nicollle!" he barked. I crossed my arms and stood there.

"No. I will not," I replied. He swung his fist around and hit me in the face, so I stood there, holding my face in alarm and pain. When I finally looked at him, I cried and ran off to the bathroom. "Hello, Yuri?" I called my Korean cousin on the phone while I sat on the edge of the bathtub.

"Annyeong, Yong-Joo. Are you alright, donsaeng-sshi?" she asked sweetly in Korean. I smiled at the warmth of her voice.

"Can I.... come to Korea? I can't stay with Brent anymore," I sputtered in bad Korean, hoping for a good answer.

"That'd be fine. If anything, my mom can take care of you," she paused. "Why can't you live with him anymore?"

"You know, he's always drunk, leaves the apartment a mess and expects me to clean it up, he hit me-"

"He hit you?! Nicole, I'm booking your flight for two days from today. Please say you still have your passport," she said. I giggled.

"Yes, unnie. Thanks so much. I love you, bye," I ended, feeling reasonably better. I would have to tell him when he was sober. °

Now here I was, stuck in my vacation house. But now I had someone to keep me company. Baekhyun. I barely knew him, but he had seen me in practically bandages to cover me up on his first conscious day. Now, I was sitting on the couch, hating Brent as I remembered his fist against the side of my face. My skating gash barely topped it. But it occurred to me that he loved me, and I loved him. I would never find another that loved me back.

"If you tell me, I'll listen. I do care, Nicole," he said to me, as I had told that he wouldn't care if I told him my thoughts. I took in a fresh, clean breath of air and exhaled.

"My boyfriend- he was so terrible- he hit me... But he loved me, more than anything," I paused for breaths in between. Baekhyun's mouth hung open and his smooth brown eyes had turned to disbelief.

"He didn't love you if he hit you!" he rebounded.

"He was drunk."

"And crazy! Obviously! You don't hurt someone you-" he stopped abruptly. Baekhyun's eyes wandered, stopping at one space, and his speech came to a blank. He soon buried his face in his hands and groaned, "How could I do that to her?"

"How could you do what to who?" I asked. He mumbled something about leaving Hyo Min for her dad. I had heard unnie say that name once to me, when she was explaining something about Baekhyun. "Can you talk to me, please?"

"Nicole, it's personal..." he said, taking his hands off his face and looking at me.

"I'll listen, Baekhyun. Just tell me and I'll listen," I repeated his words. He took a deep breath and finally spoke.

"I was abandoned by my parents, until I found a girl. Hyo Min, and she let me stay with her and live with her and her parents. But I swear, her dad *hated* me. He yelled at me to leave, so I told her, and she agreed to run away with me. Until the last second, when she couldn't come. I should've stayed with her, hidden myself somehow, but now she's all alone," Beakhyun explained. I was hit in the face, and Hyo Min's dad forced him to go. Both broken and unloved souls, with broken hearts that were still trying to find all their pieces.

"So, you were cast out?" I asked, noticing how insensitive my remark may have sounded. He stared down at the floor sadly.

"Yeah," he answered simply. I wanted to pull my words away and store them away, but it was too late. "Nicole, I'm sorry. Let's not talk about this."

"Arasso, Baekhyun. Sorry," I responded quietly. I felt horrible for bringing it up, and I was glad to get rid of it. "Yuri is going to be so annoyed with me. I've ruined this trip."

"Yuri loves you, though. She's your cousin," he said.

"I know she loves me, but she'll still be mad at me," I replied.

"But you know she loves you. You know someone loves you," he repeated.

"Stop saying that. I know she does, so there's no reason to keep repeating it," I told him. I didn't notice that he was staring at the floor the whole time.

"Yuri cares about you, though, Nicole. You saw her stitch up your ankle. At least you have someone like that," he commented. Baekhyun reminded me of a broken record player that kept playing the same sad song over and over.

"Stop that! It's not funny!"

"I never said it was!" Baekhyun raised his voice at me. I looked down at him and realized he had tears on his face. His parents didn't love him, he had to leave the one that did love him, and now I was only making it worse. Like always.

"Oh my god, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-" his sigh cut me off.

"I'm going upstairs, Nicole. I have a headache, so I'm gonna lie down," he stated tiredly, getting up and going up to his room. I'm so sorry. I want to come with you; I'm alone now. And you're so much better than-

You're so much better than Brent. But he loved me back.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hey! As promised, here is another chapter! I've decided that I'm going to do two more Nicole chapters, then I'll go back to Baekkie ^-^ sorry if that annoys you guys... But I swear, they'll be worth it :) this is also a little bit of a treat because it was very long... Should I keep writing long chapters like this? Let me know in the comments! Hashi Konata Fighting, my lovely chingus!