y Dongsaeng

Cold Hearted

My eyes fluttered open to reveal a room that was not my own. It was all wrong, and even the wrong girl stood at the doorway. A girl that was about my age with long and wavy light brown hair, smiling in relief to see me. I wanted to ask where my sweet girl was, Hyo Min, but I didn't dare move.

"I see you're awake," she said gently, coming over to me. I didn't know her or her face, so I couldn't have met her before, right? "Do you feel better?"

"Where's Hyo Min?" I finally choked out, knowing of nothing better to say in its place. She looked at me strangely, as if she had never heard such a name. Then she gave me the shake of her head as an answer.

"I don't know her. I'm Kwon Yuri," she replied, feeling my forehead with her warm hand. She lightly brought it back and smiled. "You're getting better."

But I didn't feel any better. I felt like the worst person in the world; I had left Hyo Min because I had an order from her father. I shouldn't have followed his instructions because now she's probably hurting, begging, and crying to get me back. "Hey, why don't you come downstairs and eat something? You must be starving," the girl suggested, snapping me away from my thoughts. I shook my head, knowing that moving may prove difficult.

"I know you're hungry. C'mon," she said, grabbing my hand and taking the sheets off my body. It wasn't as cold as I thought, so I was a little glad to be away from the hot covers. But not glad enough to be okay with her pulling me out of bed. She led me downstairs into what I thought was her living room. It had two couches and a chair as furniture and a large-screened T.V on the wall.

On the couch sat a very showy dongsaeng playing on her phone with headphones on her head. By "showy," I mean she had a black strapless bra on that looked more like a bandage than a functioning bra. She had jean shorts on, but they looked like they would be better as bright blue underwear. She had a very nice body with all the perfect curves, and-wait. I love Hyo Min! Well, loved. She's never going to come into my sight ever again. Yuri's mouth hung open in shock.

"Jung Yong-Joo! Where are your clothes?!" She yelled out. The younger girl looked up from her phone and gasped when she saw me. Her reaction was to grab a blanket and cover herself, along with letting her cheeks turn scarlet with embarrassment. I felt my cheeks reflect hers as I looked at the ground, but the absence of the warmth of Yuri's hand made me realize I would have to stay in the same room as this girl. "You stay in here while I get you some food. And for goodness sakes, Nicole, go upstairs and put on actual clothing!" 

Who was Nicole?

"Yes, I'm sorry, unnie," the girl said, obviously trying to be as hidden as possible from my eyes. I watched as she got up and wrapped the blanket around her body to go upstairs, giving me a small and shameful bow as she walked past. A small smile appeared on my face from her apologetic gesture.

I sat on the floor, waiting for either one of them to come back, but I somehow wanted the dongsaeng, Yong-Joo to come back. She was very.... different. She had short black bangs, and her ears had been pierced twice each, and her eyes.... They were bold, like someone had drawn a giant dark brown, almost black dot in her blank eyes. Yong-Joo almost seemed dangerous by her looks, but she seemed very nice. Looks can be deceiving, right?

"Hey, I got some food for you," Yuri announced behind me. I quickly turned around and shook my head at the bowl of soup. She sat down next to me and put the bowl in my hands. "Well, eat! You're going to starve if you don't eat something," she advised. I picked up a spoon and looked at her, but she grabbed my hand and directed it to my mouth. "There. Much better, now keep doing that," Yuri commanded.

I obeyed to be polite, not really because I wanted food. I wasn't hungry, but I finished the bowl in spite of that. "Good," she remarked. I heard light sobbing noises coming from somewhere, but I couldn't figure out where. Although my body assembled to get off the ground, I couldn't do so. The pain in my side suddenly hit me back again, worse than when I had first gotten it. I stumbled to my feet with Yuri following and held my side.

"What happened?" She asked. I shook my head.

"It's something stupid. I'll be fine," I mumbled, walking upstairs to where the sobs were. I came to a door and my hand gravitated to the knob, but Yuri yanked me back.

"You can't go in there! That's Nicole's room!" She whispered, more out of concern than anger.

"Who's Nicole?"

"You know, Yong-Joo. Her actual name is Yong-Joo, but everyone knows her as Nicole." I stepped back and motioned for her to go forward, so she bit her lip and opened the door. I stayed outside the room where Nicole wouldn't see me as to not make her uncomfortable.

"Nicole?" Yuri asked sweetly. No response, but she persisted. "Nicole? Can you tell me what's wrong please?"

Her quivering breaths and sobs collected in the air, filling the silence. "I'm an idiot, unnie," she finally spoke, her voice shaken by her sobs. I heard the creak of the springs in the mattress, which meant Yuri had probably gotten on the bed to hug her her dongsaeng.

"Why are you an idiot?"

"I just embarrassed myself in front of him. I'm an idiot," she replied heavily.

"No, you just made a mistake. He doesn't care about it, I don't think," Yuri told her. This is all my fault, I said in my head as I leaned against the wall.

"Please go away, unnie. I just want to be alone," she whimpered. The bed creaked again, which was the indication that Yuri was leaving.

"Fine. But Nicole?"

"Yeah?"

"Please come down soon. Dinner will be done in twenty minutes," she said to her. I was suddenly excited for what dinner was going to be like.

When it finally did come around, Nicole avoided my gaze. "Nicole, be polite. You are very rude," Yuri remarked. This made the girl look embarrassed, like she felt so bad but she couldn't bring herself to stop doing it.

"What's your name?" Nicole asked in a monotone voice, scared but trying to stay calm.

"Byun Baekhyun," I replied quietly, with the addition of food in my mouth to muffle it. Yuri looked over to me and smiled.

"Why are both of you so quiet?" She asked. Nicole slammed her fork down and stood up.

"I'm done," she growled, leaving the table to go upstairs.

"Nicole is very.... moody today. I'm very sorry, Baekhyun," she apologized. I smiled slightly and looked up at her.

"It's okay. She still seems very nice," I commented. She smiled in relief.

"She is very sweet. She just thinks that a mistake like that is the worst mistake in all the world," she agreed.

When I finally got to bed, I went to sleep thinking about Nicole. It was sort of weird to not think Hyo Min, but Nicole seemed like the girl you would want to comfort when she got nervous. Or just be her friend in general. Hyo Min was a girl I was lucky to have. Why didn't I want her anymore?

__________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! Here's the update you've been wanting! I love you, my dear subscribers and readers! The future chapters won't be this long. Sorry for any false hope, I was more explaining this time.... Subscribe, comment, upvote *hugs* Hashi Konata Fighting, my lovelies!