Date

Cold Hearted

I wore a short, strapless purple dress, blue flats because I can't stand in heels (Yuri and her members are like barbies if they can run around in those stilts), and a little bit of make-up. I was going on my first actual date with Chanyeol. Of course, Baekhyun had already gone on three dates with Jessie.... No! Nicole, you love Baekhyun! Stop it! I grabbed a light jacket just in case. There was a knock on the door and I took a deep breath before opening the door to a well-dressed Chanyeol. "Hello, gorgeous," he greeted me. Goddamn it, stop this, Chanyeol....

"Hey, Chanyeol. Where are we going for dinner?" I asked, trying to get rid of any thoughts of us together.

"Oh, you're gonna love it. It's beautiful and the food is delicious," he remarked, taking my hand. I acted impressed and started fanning myself with my other hand.

"I don't think I'll last tonight, Chanyeol," I said, faking a blush. He smiled and led me to the car. To be honest, what I said was true. I really hoped that I wouldn't fall for him by the end of the night. With his sweet personality and no breaks from his cute smile and those magnificent brown eyes, I might actually be in love with him by the end of our date.

He started driving to the mysterious restaurant. His smile stayed on his face the whole time. I almost found it creepy, but then I remembered how I was the one with the goofy smile when Baekhyun told me he loved me, too. I guess he was out with Jessica tonight again, being convinced that he was in love. Not just happy to see her, not just glad to hold her and kiss her, not just constantly searching for reasons to "love" her, like he does with me. He was going to fall hard for her, and I'll be the girl he once knew, like Hyo Min.

"You look like the most beautiful girl in the world tonight, Nicole," Chanyeol remarked as we walked inside. I smiled and shook my head.

"That's sweet, but I only look like her. I'm not that girl," I told him. He smiled and pushed a lock of hair behind my ear.

"You are. To me, you're that girl," he returned. He genuinely loved me, but I loved Baekhyun. The sad part was that I still wasn't completely convinced that Baekhyun loved me. He could say it, but that was different than meaning it.

We ordered our food when we got a table. I asked myself a billion questions, combing my mind for the one that would make me dislike him. What if he gets drunk every night and I have to clean up his mess, like Brent? "Hey, Chanyeol. If I happen to like you back by the end of this date, you wouldn't get drunk often, would you?" I asked. He shook his head.

"I'm not really much of a drinker..." he replied. "The other night was just a stupid, huge mistake."

What if he yells at me when he's mad at me, like Baekhyun? "You seem generally quiet. You wouldn't yell at me, would you?" I asked to confirm.

"No, of course not. I would yell at stupid Lu Han and Kai...." Chanyeol answered. I giggled, still racking my brain for the perfectly wrong question.

It took me at least two awkward minutes of silence before I finally found another.

What if the other day was only a taste of what I'll get when I'm his, and I will be forced to have with him every night, especially when I'm sober?

"Chanyeol, I have to go to the bathroom. I'll be right back," I told him, sickened by my own question as I left the table. He was not going to do that! Shame on you for thinking such things, Nicole! Just go out there and enjoy his presence! I walked back to the table a few minutes after ranting to myself and found that the food had been brought to our table. I sat down and ate hungrily. I suddenly remembered that I hadn't eaten in the last few hours, and I remembered that I was in a public restaurant.

"Are you hungry?" Chanyeol asked surprisedly. I looked up to see how wide his eyes were, as were a lot of the other people's eyes in the restaurant.

"Umm, sorry. I haven't eaten that much today," I explained embarrassedly. He smiled at me and chuckled.

"Don't worry. I don't think anyone noticed," he said jokingly. I giggled.

"Really? I think the whole world noticed," I replied. He gave me that "Really? No kidding." face, so I laughed.

"Huh. You think so? At least they noticed how gorgeous you look. And you look really funny when you eat like that," he remarked, holding back a few giggles. I couldn't believe that he had turned my starved actions into how gorgeous I looked. Chanyeol was so sweet....

"Thanks..." I replied awkwardly with a blush on my face. He looked at me in concern.

"Sorry, was it mean to say the food thing?" he asked apologetically. He must've thought I was being sarcastic.

"No! No, not at all! I meant, how you said I was pretty. You're so nice to me," I assured him, but I didn't tell him the rest of my thought. I don't deserve such a great guy... Chanyeol sat back and smiled.

"Well, didn't I tell you that I could treat you well?" he asked sweetly. I nodded, but it wasn't until we had both finished eating and we were going to the car that I told him the rest of my earlier thought.

"Chanyeol, I don't deserve you. You are too good for me, and you're missing out on some other perfect girl that loves you if you waste your time on me. I'm just Nicole Jung, a stupid Korean-American girl that doesn't matter, and I'm not that pretty, only an average level of beauty, and I've messed up so many times...." I said with a few tears strolling down my cheeks. To be honest, it felt horrible to hear such things come out of my mouth about myself.

Chanyeol just stared at me blankly with no emotion, and no words came out of his mouth either. He just hastily wiped away some tears and got in the car. I followed, getting in the passenger side. It felt even worse to listen to the silence he gave me, so I cried into my hands, hoping to muffle my sobs. It was so painful, and I felt my heart break at his silence. All those things must've been true to him. Neither one of us said anything until he finally spoke.

"Stop crying," he ordered softly but firmly. Unfortunately, I couldn't obey him; my eyes had already turned into waterfalls of tears. I knew my make-up, mascara and eyeshadow, had been smeared and my red and puffy eyes were quite visible, so I kept my face covered.

"I c-can't. I-I'm s-sorry," I whimpered. I felt a hand on my head, and it almost felt like Brent's for a second. He would rock my head side to side and I would smile, stop crying, and start doing it on my own, like a child listening to a song. But I forgot that this hand was the wrong one when I didn't feel it controlling my head's movements. It left silently, so my crying was still heard.

"Stop crying, babe," he repeated.

"Shouldn't I have the right to cry?! I had to say horrible things about myself, and you didn't even deny them!" I yelled out, taking my hands away from my face. I looked out the window and noticed that we weren't going to Yuri's house. We were somewhere completely different. Behind the glass on the window was a beautiful, glistening lake. It was surrounded by a forest, green and beautiful. The moonlight lit up the entire setting. I didn't wait for an answer; I just stepped out of the car, admiring the amazing sight.

I heard the other car door close and looked back to see a smiling Chanyeol. He came over to me and held my hand. "You know, all those things you said earlier were wrong. You do deserve me. You're the most amazing and perfect girl I have ever met. Maybe you've messed up, but I have, too. And I can't even explain how beautiful you are, even when your make-up is smeared. It's like every time I look at you, my heart skips a beat and I can't breathe for a few seconds. I can't believe you could lie about yourself so much when you should be using that beautiful voice for something more worth it."

"Like what?"

"Like saying that you love me, too," he stated. I smiled, and I realized how I had been sarcastic earlier about not being able to last the night. I didn't last, but I liked it. I liked the feeling in my stomach and I was glad I was here with him.

"I love you, Chanyeol."

__________________________________________________________________________

Hello! Sorry I couldn't update yesterday... I had homework. And I STILL have homework, god dang it! You guys should be happy XD jk But yeah, I can procrastinate. Hashi Konata Fighting!