A Girl's Diary

[Series] E.L.F. s Dream
PART 2
 
I almost threw up the milk I was drinking on my monitor as I read the article for the first time. Could it be…?
                “You are…Heebum?” I said to the cat that is looking at me innocently while lying on my bed. “How famous are you to even have an article? Why haven’t you told me that you’re a celebrity’s pet?”
                He meowed again as if he really understands me. How can this pretty little cat become a celebrity’s pet without me knowing it? Specially when he’s owned by someone as famous as Super Junior.
                I carried him. “Hee~ssi…ah…Heebum~ssi…or Heebumie…do you want me to take you home today? But I still need to know where they are living, okay?”
                I was happy that he can go back to his home. But even just for a day, I felt quite sad being left alone again in my home. I was used to live on my own, trusting only myself and no other people than my own sister. But Heebum changed that entirely.
                “Honestly? I want you to stay with me more…” I hugged him. “I will miss you terribly.”
                The phone beside my computer rang when I placed Heebum back to my bed. I reached for it and regretted the act when the voice of a man echoed in my ear.
                “(Insert name here)~ssi?”
                It was Joo Min, the man I was supposed to meet yesterday.
              “O—oh Joo Min oppa,” I was startled for a while and didn’t know what to say. “Why—why did you call so suddenly? I thought you were already in the States?”
                His voice filled my mind making my heart ache. “Yes, but I was worried about you. Why didn’t you come yesterday? I was waiting for you.”
                “Aaahhh…I was,” I don’t know what to say. My hands are trembling and tears are starting to flow again. But I still don’t have the courage to tell him my feelings. “I woke up late…I haven’t heard my alarm.”
                “You still haven’t changed. You should work out on your time, you’re a doctor now remember?” he said. “By the way, I need to go now. I am going to have a meeting. I just called to know if you are okay.”
                “Ah…I understand…take care oppa.”
                “Okay, take care, too.”
                I placed the phone back to its cradle before clutching my aching heart. “Why do you have to call…?” I let my tears fall for a while, wishing to stop the aching pain in my heart.
~♥~
“I can eat on my own,” Eunhyuk stubbornly shook off the hand of his nurse.
                They’ve witnessed the change in him. Heechul was the first one to notice it.
                Eunhyuk after the accident slowly got moody than he was before. It was because of his injured leg causing him to worry about his ability to dance in the future.
                “Yah, don’t be too rude.” Yesung said. He was still sitting on a wheelchair with his neck braised.
                The nurse went out without saying any words. Heechul looked at Yesung.
                “Why are you even here? Aren’t you supposed to be in the other room?”
                “I got bored,” he said. “And hyung, we’re only seeing each other during times like this. The four of us can’t go out of the hospital yet.”
                He said referring to Eunhyuk, Shindong, Sungmin and himself. Shindong was lucky enough because his wife was always by his side while the other three were all by themselves being taken care by nurses and doctors.
                “You go play by yourselves.” He stood up. “I will go out for a while.”
                He needs air. Being inside the room makes him dizzy. The other members are making another fuss over the dramatic change in Eunhyuk’s attitude. He can’t let himself be too involved. He has a problem of his own, thinking about Heebum.
                He walked to the lobby missing the sight of the beautiful woman that passed his way. She was carrying a pet bag.
                “Good morning,” she said to a nurse that walked by.
                Just then he heard a familiar cry of a cat, it was Heebum’s cry. When he turned around, he caught a glimpse of the cat. He would not be wrong! It was his Heebum inside that pet bag.
                “Hee—Heebumie! Yah! Miss!”, he ran like a madman.
                When he reached the door, it was the same time that the woman entered a taxi, but still he didn’t lose hope and followed.
                “Hyung~nim!” he almost shouted at the phone when their manager answered it. “I just saw Heebum! Please come out fast and get the car!”
                He tried to memorize the car’s plate. He wouldn’t let that woman take his cat away!
~♥~
“Oh, Heebumie…why are you so agitated? I can’t let you out just wait for a while okay?” I said to the cat.
                After we left the hospital, he’s been really agitated. Trying to claw his way out of the bag where I placed him.
                “Ajusshi, are we there yet?” I asked the driver.
                “We’re near. A few minutes more.”
                Since the traffic was not heavy, our travel was faster than I thought it would be. I was excited being in a celebrities’ apartment building. I’m still an ordinary person; it’s just that I’m too busy with work that I don’t get to watch television.
                “We’re here, miss.”
                I paid the fare and went out of the car. “Wahhh…”
                The building was so high. The rent there must be really expensive. Just by looking at it from a little farther I was mesmerized. It was really an awesome sight. The apartment building where I’m living was not this glamorous.
                “Heebumie must be really rich, eh? You’re a lucky cat. I’m definitely going to miss you.”
                I walked to the building noticing the number of people sitting on the sidewalks and holding banners that read ‘Super Junior’. They really have many supporters. They must be waiting for them.
                I lifted the bag where the cat is placed. “I will just leave you to the guards okay? You’re building looks exclusive for the owners.” I opened the bag and placed the letter I prepared. “Take care of yourself you understand?”
                Just then a man shouted at me. “Yah! You over there!”
                When I turned around I found myself being kidnapped. I was forced to enter a van in a speed of light. I thought I was in a drama.
                “Get in, faster. Don’t just stand there, do you want to die?” a man pushed me to enter the car.
                “What is this?!” before I can even complain, the door was already shut.
                The bag in my hand was snatched immediately. “Heebumie!! Are you okay? Appa has got you.”
                It was Super Junior’s Kim Heechul beside me. He opened the bag and took Heebum in his arms. He was treating the little cat like a baby.
                “Aigoo, do you know how worried appa has been? Oh,” he lifted Heebum’s leg. “What happened to you? My Heebum must be hurt.”
                He looked at me with accusing eyes; I thought I was going to die. It was not just because he stares at me with piercing eyes. But he just looked terribly handsome up close. I held my breath wishing the moment to stop for a while.
                “Did you do this?” he said.
                “A-ah, no! Why would I do such thing?” I defended.
                He placed Heebum down. “You, why did you kidnap my Heebum? Do you think that if you take him you will have money? You’re right! Why did you do this? Even hurting my poor Heebumie! You’re such an evil person. Hyung, let’s get this woman to the police.”
                “What?! You must be mistaken!” I didn’t know what to do that moment. Is he really going to take me to jail? What a weird person.
                “Yah, Heechul~ah, stop overreacting. Let the woman explain.” The driver of the van said. He was their manager.
                He looked at me again. “What if she lies?”
                “Ha! Why do I need to take your cat? You don’t even thank me? I was bringing your cat back! If I didn’t know that you are his owner, I might as well keep him.” I placed my hand on my head. “Aigoo, you’re giving me a headache.”
                He was really a weird man. Jumping into silly conclusions.
                “Are you sure? If you’re lying, haish chincha.” He bit his lower lip. “Then how did you get Heebumie?”
                I explained what happened in full detail including the bruises that I got because of what happened. He seems to understand it.
                “Oh, so that’s why you’re wearing that silly thing on you head?” he said talking about the shawl I wore to hide my wound. “Can I look? Ah, no, I changed my mind, it might look gross. Do you want to go to the hospital?”
                I sat back properly, “No need. I’m a doctor. I can cure myself.”
                “So then, we can just take you to where you are going.”
                “Aren’t you even going to thank me?” he glared at me. “Okay, fine. You’re welcome.” He’s really a tough man.
~♥~
I managed to go back to work a few days later. I was sipping my milk that night and listening to the radio inside my office; Heechul’s voice filled the room. He was crying just as he did for the past few days, he’s still calling out for their leader before ending the program. I turned off the radio. There were still lots of things left to be done on my table.
                “Ah, you’re different when I saw you last time.” I whispered before taking the patient’s list on my table. I have been assigned to their members after a fellow doctor went on a vacation. I don’t know if I was lucky or not being assigned to these people.
                After finishing checking the patients’ information that has been assigned to me, I turned off my lamp and stood up to get my own medicine from a cabinet and drunk all of it. It suffocates me everytime, but as a doctor I need to set an example to my patients, I grabbed my chest and breathed heavily. I sighed when the overwhelming feeling ended. It’s already past eleven when I turned to look on the clock. I don’t realize the time when I am working.
The hallways were silent. “Omo!” I almost jumped when I saw a man lying on the ground trying to get up. “Are you okay? Let me help you.” I grabbed the man’s arm but he shook me off.
                “I can help myself!” it turned out to be Eunhyuk.
                “Eunhyuk~ssi, what are you doing here?” Once again, I tried to grab his arm.
                “Stop it!” he shouted at me. “Why are you treating me like this? I have my own feet. My useless feet.” His tears showed itself. He surrendered at me letting me help him.
                I took a wheelchair and helped him sit on it. Eunhyuk’s legs were weak; being trapped under the weight of a metal, his lower body can’t be moved. “Eunhyuk~ssi…trust me, okay? I will help you walk again, you understand?”
                “When will that happen? When will I be able to walk again?”
                “I…I don’t know yet. But I will help you, I promise.”
                “Eunhyuk~ah,” a voice called.
                When I looked around I held my breath again, my heart started to get agitated again, just as the way I felt the first time I met him. It was Heechul again.
                He walked near and talked to Eunhyuk. I didn’t realize that I was still kneeling on the ground. I can’t even hear their voices. “Huh?”, I said when Heechul faced me.
                “I said let’s take him back to his room.”
                I stood up, “Ah, okay.”
                This weird man, he tickles my heart. How is it even possible? All I know is that…it feels good…
~♥~
“Why do you have to be around whenever I visit my members?” he snarled at me. Arms crossed as he sat on the couch.
                This time, it was Sungmin who is soon to be discharged. “Why are you always like that? You have a bad mood everytime. Do I annoy you that much?” I checked Sungmin injuries. “You’re in a very good shape; you can go home maybe tomorrow or the next day if you want to.”
                “Thank you (name)~ssi,” Sungmin smiled at me.
                “Of course not!” he suddenly shouted.
                “What?” I looked at him. This man is…I don’t have to say it. It’s too obvious. Telling Sungmin my last reminders, I left the room immediately and went back to my office.
~♥~
“Could it be…” Sungmin started. “That Heechul hyungie likes our doctor? It’s obvious.”
                He knows that he blushed that exact moment and wanted to kick Sungmin for getting him. “Yah, shut up.”
                He just laughed, “Oh, but (name)~ssi is really beautiful. And she’s kind too. Can I tell her that I like her then? That is if hyung doesn’t like her.”
                “Okay, go tell her you like her then.”
                Sungmin stood up and went for the door.
“Where are you going?” he asked him.
                “Me?” his eyes turned evil. “Oh, I’m going to (name)~ssi’s office and tell her that I like her.”
                “You!” grabbed him. “You’re teasing me. Okay! Okay! I do think so…”
                He sat back and sighed. Maybe he’s really fallen for that beauty. “Maybe I like her.”
                “I think she likes you too.”
                He looked at Sungmin who munched the apple he gave him. “You think so?”
                “She’s always talking and asking about you, saying that you’re such a weird person. She asks me if I can stand you. But she’s always glowing everytime she says your name.”

                Why not? Why doesn’t he try to make a move? Anyway, as he knows, she’s not dating anyone. She’s living alone; she said it when they first met. It will not harm him when he tries.


Originally posted on my blog...

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 9:55 AM