Episode 1: "Leeteuk's Story -- The Island"

[Series] E.L.F. s Dream
PART 1
 
She was an ordinary girl living in the province with her grandmother. Their only connection to the outside world is a radio and a television which has mood swings (it will work one time then stops the other time).
                Thought very far away from the city, she’s been a big fan of Super Junior’s. An E.L.F. at heart, a blue-blood.
                “Halmeoni, I’ll be going,” she said to her grandmother who was busy taking in their washed clothes.
                “Take care.”
                It was still very early in the morning. About 4:00 am, since she’s used to waking up really early even with such a small sleep. She still needs to catch some fish for their food and goods to sell.
                Reaching the shore a few minutes later, she greeted the ajusshis by the shore before pushing her own boat. It’s been a cold rainy morning a few hours ago causing the morning to be really foggy and cold.
                “(Insert your name here), are you still going ashore? The waves are still high,” the eldest ajusshi fisherman said to her.
                “Yes,” she smiled brightly. “Don’t worry ajusshi, I won’t go too far.”
                It’s just an ordinary day, one of the many that have already passed. Fishing in the morning, cooking, cleaning the house. It’s a process that hasn’t been changed for all her life.
                She was singing “In My Dreams” while rowing to the spot she always goes to catch fish. Lowering her net, she was thinking on what to cook for lunch with the left ingredients at home. She wasn’t able to go to the market because their budget was cut off.
                “I might as well prepare spicy rice cakes,” she said to herself while setting the net down.
                After pulling her net up a few minutes later, something caught her attention. Though it was a little foggy, she was certain that she saw something not far from her boat. She raised a lamp up, started to row towards the direction only to see that it was a man!
                “Oh, my! Ajusshi!! Ajusshi!” she shouted at the top of her lungs. She rowed faster towards the man floating on a piece of wood.
                When she reached the man, she saw the cut on his head and back. Small bruises can be seen on his arms as well. She started to tug the man.
                Pulling him up she said, “Wake up ajusshi!”
                She took off her blanket for it must be cold. The man was pale from being in the water but she felt him breathing. “Hold on ajusshi! I will take you to a doctor!”
                She rowed her best, trying to reach the shore as fast as she can. Believing that this man’s life is in her hands. “Ajusshi, hold on okay? We will be there soon.”
                Saying these things, even if she doesn’t know if the man hears her, makes her feel better. She looked down on him. He was filled with dirt; there were even burn marks on his left arm. Somewhat he looks familiar.
                Still rowing with all her might, they reached the shore leaving her breathless.
                “Hong ajusshi!!” she shouted upon reaching the shore to call the attention of the others there, jumping off the boat. “The-there...” she gasped catching her breath. “A man, on my boat, please…please take him to the doctor.”
                She collapsed.
~♥~
“(Your name),” a voice called out, she slowly opened her eyes.
                Her grandmother looked at her with worried eyes. Touching her hair with those warm hands, it made her feel at ease. She closed her eyes once again. “Halmeoni, I feel tired.”
                Her mind keeps on drifting, she wanted to rest. Her stomach is aching, she might not eaten breakfast again. What time is it? Is it time to catch fish?
                She snapped. “The man!”
                She sat right up remembering what happened earlier. She looked outside the opened door. The sky is much more clearer than it was this morning. It was already past twelve when she looked on the watch hanging by the wall.
                “Halmeoni, there was a man, I saw him--”
                “Shh…I know, he’s already sleeping inside the room.” Her grandmother continued to caress her hair. “Don’t worry, the doctor said he will be fine, nothing more than some cuts and bruises. Even the burn was not that bad. Just take a rest.”
                She searched for her grandmother’s eyes if she is telling the truth. She was. Making her feel at ease. She stood up. “I should cook, Halmeoni. You must be hungry already,” she fixed the futon where she slept and smiled at her still worried grandmother. “I will prepare an early dinner as well.”
                She went to their kitchen, passing by the room where their visitor is resting. What might have happened to that man? It’s such a pity seeing someone lost. When he woke up she might as well help him go back home when he feels better.
                “I’ll just look at him later. Maybe he needs some time to rest.”
                She walked by, she still has a lot more to do.
~♥~
There was a sudden pain in his head. His back is aching like hell. It stings everywhere, hurts; he doesn’t know what to do.
                Opening his eyes, he realized that there was something different. The atmosphere felt different. And somewhat, he hears the sound of waves. It was quiet, nothing more than the wind can be heard.
                “Where am I?”,he said sitting.
                He can’t move any muscle easily. It causes him pain. He thought for a while. He must have gone somewhere. He looked around the room where he was in, it was simple and small. A small cabinet can be seen on one side where a picture frame was. It was a woman, a really beautiful woman.
                “Oh, you’re already up.” An old woman entered the room, bringing a tray of food.
                What is this all about?
~♥~
Her heart hammered through her ribs, seeing the man asleep a few minutes ago. Who would’ve thought it would be someone so special? Her mind felt like spinning, she doesn’t know if she ought to be excited or worried. It was Park Jung Su, otherwise known as Leeteuk, Super Junior’s Leeteuk.
                When she opened the door to check on him, she ended up almost fainting. It was her bias, Leeteuk...
                “What should I do?” she placed a hand upon her chest, it still beats fast.
                She looked inside again, her grandmother placed the tray beside him and went outside. There was still a puzzled look on his face. Even if he has some bruises on his face, it doesn’t change the fact that he’s really handsome. No make-up and everything but he’s still the most handsome man in the world for her.
                Slowly she entered the room. “Hello…” she said shyly.
                He just looked at her with a blank look on his face.
                “Are you still hurting? If you want to I can call our doctor to check up on you.”
                He didn’t even react, just kept staring at her. His eyes are slowly changing, from a blank stare to somewhat confusion. “Where am I?”, it was almost a whisper.
              She scratched her head, “Oh…earlier this morning, I saw you floating at the sea…literally, so I took you to a doctor--”
                “Where am I?!” he snapped, bringing her in a state of shock.
                She hasn’t seen him like this before. She said the name of their town. She saw the bewilderment in his eyes.
                “Why? Why am I here?”
                “Oppa…oppa had an accident this morning, don’t you remember? It’s in the news…” she explained.
                He held his head, a frown formed in his forehead. “I don’t remember.”
~♥~
“Yes, it is possible. It must be the trauma he had together with that injury on his head, maybe amnesia.”, their town doctor stated.
                She peaked once more inside the room where Leeteuk was sitting, looking around him. He looks lost and he’s not smiling. Watching him on television, she thinks that he’ll always be smiling. But now, in this situation, he doesn’t even want to touch his food even if he’s really hungry.
                She left her grandmother and their doctor and went inside the room.
                “Oppa,” she called on him in a bright voice. She should keep the light atmosphere. “I’m an E.L.F. my name is (your name).”
                He looked at her, “What E.L.F.?”
                She sat in front of him, “It’s your fan’s club. We are your everlasting friends.”
                He looked away. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. Can you please leave me alone?”
                “Ahhh…I’m sorry,” she stood up. “Oppa, I’ll be leaving. Please eat when you’re hungry.” She flashed a smile on him once again.
                When she turned, she almost cried. He can’t even remember his name, his work. He was not the same Leeteuk she saw on television. His eyes weren’t bright anymore, there is always a shadow covering his every words.
                She walked back outside by the beach. “Omma,” she whispered to the air. “What should I do?”
                “(your name)~yah,” her grandmother called.
                She looked at her grandmother tears forming in her eyes, “Halmeoni, I’m worried, what should I do?”
                “He’ll be fine, don’t worry too much.” Her grandmother’s smile took away the pain she’s feeling.
                She nodded. Hoping that she’s right.
~♥~
For three days, Leeteuk hasn’t talked to anyone, he’s like a lost spirit loitering around the house. She’s worried.
                “Good morning,” a man’s voice called making her shocked. “Did I scare you? I’m sorry.”
                When she looked behind her, Leeteuk was standing by the door with a smile so bright it almost took her breath away. Is she just hallucinating?
                “(your name)~ssi looks like she’s seen a ghost? Are you alright?”, he was holding his injured hand. “I’m healing fast, you see? I can stand and walk already. I can also eat my food properly now.”
                “Huh?”, was all she can say. She looked up to the sky, to the sea then back at him thinking that if she did he will disappear. But he was there.
                He started to laugh, “Ouch,” he hugged his waist. “I’m still hurting a little bit on my midsection.”
                She went near him and reaches out a hand to his forehead. “Are you having a fever? Are you sick? Are you hurt?”
                “Are you okay? It looks like you’re the one who is sick. I’m fine.”
                “So I’m not hallucinating that Leeteuk oppa is talking to me?” she confirmed.
                “No. I’m really sorry for being like that, I’m just not feeling well, and not remembering is another thing,” he rubbed his bruise on the forehead. “It’s itching when I try to think, can you help me? I want to know who I am…” he smiled.

Originally posted on my blog...

Sunday, July 18, 2010 8:00 PM