1+1 = Syntax Error!

[Series] E.L.F. s Dream

PART 3

 

“Are you waiting for someone?”

                It was the day for him to go out of the hospital. After staying for more than a month, finally, it’s time to go home. He was excited to visit his parents and see his children (Ddangkomaeng,Ddangkoming and Ddangkoma).

                “No…” he looked behind him once more before entering the car.

                It has been unbelievably quiet for a long time now. She did not visit him after he let the boys chase her down the aisle. She was a fast runner they said; even Siwon had a hard time catching his breath. He was still thinking how she managed to beat Siwon and the others while wearing those heels.

                “Hyung, I want to go back to work.” He asked their manager who was driving.

                He looked at him. “I thought you will be visiting your family in Cheonan? What’s with the change of plans?”

                He chuckled. “I just thought better hyung…besides; I can go visit them tomorrow before going back to the usual routine. I felt really tired staying at the hospital for too long.”

                He rested his head back and took a deep breath. It was tiring to take a rest for a very long time. But even if that’s the case, he felt like resting some more, at least for now. He closed his eyes and drifted to sleep. Amazingly, he found himself thinking and dreaming about one crazy girl. Maybe he just missed her.

~♥~

She put down her glasses and eagle-eyed her victim.She’s been following the man for a week now but still cannot find the pattern. Why do they keep on changing locations everyday? But maybe, that’s the entertainment industry. She sipped from the water bottle she was carrying; she’s been outside the building for three straight hours before he finally came out. Her hurts a lot.

                She looked at the mirror and praised herself for being such a beautiful girl. “You’re gorgeous…” she complemented herself before taking the car in front of the building.

                “Oppa! Jong-woon oppa!”

                He looked around and finally spotted her, and how big his eyes went.

~♥~

What the…?

                His eyes almost burst. He was certain he knows that woman. Who wouldn’t after meeting her for long? But she changed her look again. What’s wrong with her?

                She was inside an amazing car. Shining silver 2011 Aston Martin DB9. She was fumbling on a button before the top went down, a convertible. But that didn’t make his mouth fall; it was the crazy hair again. It was still long and straight but she made a big bow out of it and it was bright blonde. Just like Lady Gaga’s hair in Poker face! Even the staffs were looking at her.

                “You know her Yesung~ssi?” their stylist asked.

                “Oh,” Ryeowook who just came out looked at the woman. “Hello (name)~ssi!”

                He ran towards the woman. He was excited now wasn’t he? He was gloomy earlier but changed dramatically after seeing the crazy kid. He nodded before heading to the car.

                “How have you been? You did your hair?” Ryeowook touched the bow in amazement. “Cute.”

                He interrupted, “Yah, why are you here?”

                She smiled a brightly, her eyes smiling as well. “I want to ask you out tonight. It’s my birthday.”

                “Can I come too?” Ryeowook asked.

                “You go with her; I will just go home and rest.” He walked away but the girl followed him and grabbed his hand.

                “Oppa…” she pleaded. “Please come with me…”

                “I’m tired. If you want, there’s Wookie, he will gladly accompany you. I want to rest.”

                She sighed. “I understand…I think I’ll just go now.”

                “Can I come?”

                She shook her head. “Sorry oppa…I want to go with Jong-woon oppa alone but he doesn’t like it. I’m really sorry.”

                “Oh…just…Happy birthday then.” Ryeowook gave her head a pat and looked at him. “Hyung.”

                She closed the door of her car, “Then, I’ll go now!” She smiled again but it was visible that she’s not happy.

                He felt guilty, but what can he do about that? He’s tired and he needs to rest. Even Ryeowook looked sad for the kid but he’s really not in the mood. He shook his head and entered their van just as Ryeowook caught his arm.

                “Hyung, it’s her birthday. You should have at least greeted her if you won’t come. She looks disappointed.”

                “I can’t do anything about that can I? I don’t know how to contact her either so I’ll just greet her when she comes around again.”

                He doesn’t know why he was acting that way. When she’s not around, he looks for her. He even waits for her sudden appearance by the door. But when she’s there, he’s annoyed. He sighed, he’s crazy too…but that can’t be helped.

~♥~

“Hello?” he answered the phone.

                “Yah…yah…oppa!” It was her again.

                He looked at the wall clock. It was almost midnight and he was already asleep. Why a sudden call?

                “How did you get my number?”

                She laughed. “I’m a paparazzi you know…I’m your biggest fan I’ll follow you until you love me…papa…paparazzi!”

                “Yah, are you drunk?” He was worried. Knowing this girl, she was crazy sometimes. “Where are you? You’re still not home aren’t you?”

                She laughed again. “It’s my birthday! Yeah! Oppa, I’m at Hangang now…near the Moonlight Rainbow bridge in Banpo…waaaaaaaahhhh!! Yeppeuda! Is it safe to go under it? Looks like a waterfall to me.”

                He stood up, shaking all the sleepiness inside him. “Yah! You crazy kid! Don’t even try swimming at the river or I’ll kill you with my bare hands!” He shouted at the helpless phone.

                “Hyung!” Ryeowook threw a pillow at him. “Don’t be too loud, I’m sleeping!”

                “Sorry…” he said to him. “Yah, wait for me. If I don’t see you there I’ll hunt you down and grind your bones. You understand that?”

                “You will come? That would be fun!” She laughed again. “Okay, okay…I’ll buy more malkkoki…ahhh makkoli! My bad! Or do you want beer? Aaaaahhh! (Name)~yah is so happy tonight! Saranghae oppa! I’ll wait for you.”

                She ended the call. “Aish…this kid.” He bit his lower lip but still ended up changing his clothes. “Ryeowook~ah.” He called his roommate.

                “Hhhmmm…” He buried his head deeper under his pillow.

                “Ryeowook~ah…” he shook the younger man.

                “Hyung, I said I’m sleeping.” He said angrily. “What? Do you want to eat? Araso, I’ll make one for you.”

                “No,” he said immediately. Remembering how awful the dinner that night had been. “I’m going out. If they come looking for me tell them not to bother. I’ll go home.”

                “Okay…”

                But he wasn’t sure if he really understood what they talked about. He sighed and headed for the door. That girl really rocks his world.

~♥~

He went out of his car and saw her.She was wasted. Sitting on the ground like a duck, but still she managed to give him a smile.

                “Oh…oppa’s here!” she gave him a hug.

                “Yah…why did you drink too much?” He lifted her up; trying to shake the warm feeling she’s giving him. “Why are you here?”

                She looked at him. “I was waiting for you…aaaahhh…I was soooo bored…” She removed his hands around her waist and walked wobbly to the back of the car. “Jajan!”

                She lifted a bottle of makkoli. “Let’s drink some more!”

                He took it from her. “You can’t drink anymore. You’ve had too much to drink.”

                She hiccupped and covered . “I can’t stop laughing. Is this how it felt like to be drunk? *hiccup* I like it! If I had known drinking felt this good, I should have done it before.” She followed her words with laughter. She’s the only person like this in the middle of the night. She’s too energetic.

                Hopeless…he thought to himself before opening the bottle in his hand. Come to think of it, he hasn’t taken a drink for almost three months now. He might as well drink for now. He felt the hot liquid rush down his throat. Alcohol really feels good during cold nights.

                “Spring is coming…I love springs but I hate the pollens sticking in my hair.” She sat on the hood of the car and tapped the space beside her. “Sit here oppa.”

                And he did as he was told. “Why did you drink all of a sudden?” He twirled her hair around his finger. “It’s silly,” he said referring to the bow on her head. “Remove it. And why are you always changing your hair color? Do you want to get bald?”

                She reached for her head and removed the pins that held her hair. “I’ll do whatever Yesung oppa tells me to do. What color do you want? I’ll change my hair for you. Do you want it straight or curly? Long or short? Whatever you want, just tell me.”

                What a submissive girl. She’s letting him to boss her around. “If I cut your hair this short will you be angry with me?” He placed his finger just below her ear. “Just like a man.”

                She shook her pretty head. “I love Jong-woon oppa too much to be angry…go…do whatever you want with my hair.”

                He laughed and she leaned on him. “I like it when oppa laughs. I like your voice.” She sighed. “I’m sad, celebrating my birthday alone every year. When you refused me, I thought I would die.”

                She linked an arm with him and rested her head on his shoulder. “Do you know? I hate being me. My parents are always not around. But when they are, they treat me so much like a princess; even buying me this stupid car for my birthday.” She tapped the hood of the car playfully. “As if they could bribe me.”

                He listened to her rants and complaints of being rich. He dreamed of being rich, but it doesn’t look good coming from a rich girl’s mouth. Being left alone, being vulnerable, and being innocent and worse of all, being ignorant.

                “Do I look like I don’t know anything? Yes, I’m childish. But I finished college and I’m on top.” She sighed. “Is it bad being like me? Sometimes I want to hate my parents raising me the way they did. But that’s not right. I love omma and appa so much. Is it bad that I have a weak body? I always get sick when I work. I hate working because of that.”

                She released his arm. “It’s a sin that I’m a weakling. I want to work. I want them to be proud of me. But I’m not capable of working. Me and my stupid body, they’re useless.”

                She screamed at the top of her lungs. Tears were starting to flow from her eyes. “I hate myself! Why do I have to live this way?! I should have been born to a poor family; at least I will learn to live on my own. I’m a useless piece of trash living inside a mansion filled with nothing but expensive monsters! Aliens!”

                He hugged her shaking body. She trembled and cried the hell out of her. “I’m worthless. I’m even worthless than a crumpled paper. I should have died when omma gave birth to me. But if I did, how can I meet you?” She held onto his shirt like it was her life. “Just take me with you and tell me that everything is nothing but a dream and I will believe you, oppa.”

                He let her rest and cry. Poor kid owns nothing but wealth. “I can’t take you. I’m just living in a dorm you know.”

                “Oppa, just marry me. I will work. I will serve you until I die. I will be good to you and follow you.”

                That shocked him. “Yah, what are you talking about?”

                “Oppa, saranghae…”

                She was sincere! It was in her eyes and he would be a fool not to see it. But this child…she was just a kid. She was like a sister to him. How can she give him that type of love?

                “(Name)~ssi…”

                “Oppa, ” she hiccupped. “I promise…I will be good. I will do nothing to make you feel burdened.”

                He shook her. “(Name)~ssi, you’re just drunk.”

                “I know what I’m saying and I’m sure you’re Jong-woon oppa. I may be drunk but I’m a sane person.”

                “But…but you’re just like a sister to me…”

                She stopped. Looking at him wide-eyed and not blinking. “S—sister? Oppa…”

                “Look now, you’re too young for me. We’re good friends aren’t we? ”

                She pushed him gently and she clasped . “Sister…why?”

                “Why?” he asked.

                She stood up and walked to the side of the car. “Is it because I’m like this? I’m childish I know, maybe even stupid. But…sister? Oppa!”

                He followed her and grabbed her hand. “Yah, why are you like this?”

              She removed his hand. “Because I’m useless? An heiress without any direction? Do you think I’m just a spoiled brat? I tried to work but I only get sick. Is it because of that? Do you want me to try once more?”

                “No, (name)~ssi…it’s not that.”

                “Why then? Just because I’m young? It doesn’t mean that I can’t love you.”

                “No…you don’t understand.”

                She smirked but her eyes glittered. “I know right? I’m stupid. I don’t understand. I act like a brat. But do you know me? I thought you were different.”

                She opened her car door and slammed it shut. “From now on, I will show you, I’m much more than what you can see. You will regret this.”

                He moved out of the way just as she turned her car. He was afraid she might meet an accident at that speed so he tried to follow her. But her car’s too fast for his.

                He cursed and hit the steering wheel. He dialed her number but she wouldn’t pick up. Since then, he hasn’t seen her. She wouldn’t answer his calls.

                “(Name)~ssi…”

~♥~

She looked at the man in front of her.He was the last person she would want to see that day. She wouldn’t want to see that face again. Not today, not tomorrow, not even the next day or the following days to come. She just wanted to erase that memory. His face that kept haunting her day or night. That man, she wanted to forget him. But how can she? When the one who remembers was not her mind but her heart…


A/N: I love writing A/Ns for this story…haha…so yeah…the girl’s really bratty and annoying sometimes but I still like her…^^ Please comment on this one…this is where the hate starts…Thank you for reading!


Originally posted on my blog...

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 12:27 PM